Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2018, 00:41   #3196
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
The belt which drives the alternator and the AC compressor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_PGPX View Post
It is safer to change things as per schedule specially if your car is under warranty. Another thing it costs 1500 including labor, which is not that much worth the risk of not changing. VW ahmedabad guys change this in my jetta without informing me actually but i was happy that it didnt make a hole in pocket.
I asked my SA to change Poly V belt during 60k service. I was charged just 390 bucks for the same. Description for the part reads 'RIBBEDBELT' in invoice. Is it the same as Poly V belt?
Old 29th October 2018, 16:02   #3197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
I asked my SA to change Poly V belt during 60k service. I was charged just 390 bucks for the same. Description for the part reads 'RIBBEDBELT' in invoice. Is it the same as Poly V belt?
Yes. Ribbedbelt was replaced in my car for around 390 bucks during the 60k service as well. And it indeed is the Poly V Belt that is supposed to be replaced every 60k kms. It's a little confusing because the maintenance schedule calls timing belt as rib-belt, which is only replaced at 120k service.
Immix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 16:13   #3198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immix View Post
Yes. Ribbedbelt was replaced in my car for around 390 bucks during the 60k service as well. And it indeed is the Poly V Belt that is supposed to be replaced every 60k kms. It's a little confusing because the maintenance schedule calls timing belt as rib-belt, which is only replaced at 120k service.
Thanks for the info. Yes, it's indeed confusing & gives a room to dishonest dealers to overcharge customers due to this confusion.
Old 31st October 2018, 17:41   #3199
BHPian

Hi All,

I did a 75K (1.05L according to the age) service for my Jetta yesterday via wheels wisdom.

What did I like?
Punctuality - They were after me right after the time I booked the service. The tech manager called and discussed about all the problems that I had listed while registering. Next day the tech advisor (TA) calls me and tells me he'd come by 8am to pick up. He is there at my place sharp 7.30 AM!

Keen on listening – He listens to you and all your problems no matter how silly it is. He might even tell you what’s wrong which you did not notice after a TD.

Transparent – He will start taking pictures soon after TD; right from Engine to Boot including interiors as pre-pickup pics. He will WhatsApp them too.
He will send you before/after or old/new components so that you know what is happening.
Oil Drain
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-engine-oil-drain.jpg

Old Oil Filter
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-o-oil-f.jpg

New Oil Filter
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-n-oil-f.jpg

Old Fuel Filter
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-o-fuel-f.jpg

New Fuel Filter
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-n-fuel-f.jpg

Old AC Filter
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-old-ac-f.jpg

New AC Filter
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-new-ac-filter.jpg

Old Air Filter
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-old-air-filter.jpg

New Air Filter
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-new-air-filter.jpg

He said that the Drive shaft boot has been touched by a local garage by my previous owner. This needs to be replaced for 6k but I can do it after 4-8K kms. What do you guys advise?

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-drive-shaft-boot.jpg
Discount - I got a 10% discount on the bill.

Easy payment - I could do an easy way of payment using debit/credit card on their site after car delivery.
What did I not like?
Honestly there is nothing to dislike here from their services; except that the pricing should have been right. 2360 for a single service is slightly expensive. Though the annual package works if you are a frequent visitor.
Here is the bill
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-bill1-edited.jpg
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-bill2-edited.jpg
sangam_mm93 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 09:50   #3200
BHPian

Ok, finally i have something to write about as a maiden issue in my 2013 Jetta. First issue in 6th year of ownership. Started the car this morning and drove about 500 mtrs. Coolant light started flashing. checked the manual, which said coolant level low, do not drive on. Popped the hood up, coolant was almost zero. Added some water quickly, hope thats ok and put the car back in parking.

No leak marks in my parking slot and last i drove the car for usual AMD-BRD commute for about 300 kms without any issues. After 3 days in parking the coolant level went to almost zero.

Anyone experienced this? Can this be a famous radiator leak? I will check the parking place again in evening and see if that water has leaked or not? There has to be some leak i believe, but how come it just vanished? Experts please advice.
Old 2nd November 2018, 09:57   #3201
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Anyone experienced this? Can this be a famous radiator leak? I will check the parking place again in evening and see if that water has leaked or not? There has to be some leak i believe, but how come it just vanished? Experts please advice.

It is a leaking water pump. Happens to all 2.0 L TDI vehicles. It needs to be replaced.
Old 2nd November 2018, 10:00   #3202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
It is a leaking water pump. Happens to all 2.0 L TDI vehicles. It needs to be replaced.
That sounds scary. Can you explain a bit in detail? I heard this for MK5 but mine is MK6. Any idea how much would this cost me at authorized service center?
Old 2nd November 2018, 10:11   #3203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
That sounds scary. Can you explain a bit in detail? I heard this for MK5 but mine is MK6. Any idea how much would this cost me at authorized service center?
If I recollect, it costs around Rs 22000. Mine lasted only 30000km. If your car has done 60k+ km, get the timing best and pulleys changed at the same time.
Old 2nd November 2018, 10:19   #3204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
If I recollect, it costs around Rs 22000. Mine lasted only 30000km. If your car has done 60k+ km, get the timing best and pulleys changed at the same time.
My car has done 94000 kms and is in excellent shape. You will be surprised that with my driving style even my brake pads were changed only once at 60K. I was anyway ready for timing kit change, however this pump change will definitely eat my diwali bonus this year. happy Diwali to you by the way!! Is there a cheaper way to get this done ?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd November 2018 at 11:39. Reason: Break > brake.
Old 5th November 2018, 10:34   #3205
BHPian

Hi Forum,

Looking for a recommendation on mobile holders, before my much awaited Goa drive this Saturday.

I have tried 2 already and come back dissatisfied:

https://www.amazon.in/CHRONEX-degree...+mobile+holder

Did not fit into my Jettas 6 CD changer, anyone else has tried this?

https://www.amazon.in/Bergmann-Autom...holder+for+car

Ordered this last week, but planning to return it as it keeps falling off the dash, the 3M disk provided is not able to take the weight of my mobile, its around 165gms.

Any recommendations on this would be most helpful, if the suggested can help double up the mobile as a elementary dashcam, that will help too.

Thanks.
Old 5th November 2018, 15:57   #3206
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
Hi Forum,

Looking for a recommendation on mobile holders, before my much awaited Goa drive this Saturday.

I use the Spigen one available on Amazon which fits into the CD drive
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 16:38   #3207
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Forum,

I have used the iOttie One Touch 3 in my earlier Fiesta which does duty in my father's Jetta currently. I'd highly recommend it to you. I had put up a short review of the product some time back-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post4003177

The newer version One Touch 4 is also available on Amazon-

https://www.amazon.in/iOttie-Dashboa.../dp/B076B27WP6

The only con I see of iOttie is their expensive price. Though this can be negated a bit if you have some friends or relatives in the states who can bring it for you.

Quote:
Any recommendations on this would be most helpful, if the suggested can help double up the mobile as a elementary dashcam, that will help too.
This might be a bit difficult though still very much possible.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 17:07   #3208
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Forum,

Hi Harryputtar,

I have been using this for close to 2 years and is just awesome. I had paid 1.5K for the older iteration of this. The latest comes with more bells and whistles.

It held my 5S, 7 plus and Redmi Note 4. I guess it covers most of the sizes and weight. Once it gave up on my 7plus with a big case on; nothing else.

Below are the images from the site. Saving you a click.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-61avny3ygal._sl1500_.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-61nbdwvl1xl._sl1500_.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-71bwmujujbl._sl1500_.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-71p4bij0ol._sl1500_.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-71tahhevovl._sl1500_.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-71xi2hkfrwl._sl1500_.jpg  

Last edited by sangam_mm93 : 5th November 2018 at 17:09.
sangam_mm93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 09:47   #3209
Senior - BHPian

Folks, Recently VW has introduced "Connect" Edition with Car Connect in Polo, Ameo and Vento. Does anyone know if the MIB-II in Jetta can be upgraded to this Connect edition? Even if it requires pulling out entire HU and fit a new one with Connect, it would be great. I enquired with my dealer and he said he would come back to me next week after Diwali break.
Old 6th November 2018, 20:46   #3210
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, finally i have something to write about as a maiden issue in my 2013 Jetta. First issue in 6th year of ownership. Started the car this morning and drove about 500 mtrs. Coolant light started flashing. Can this be a famous radiator leak? I will check the parking place again in evening and see if that water has leaked or not? There has to be some leak i believe, but how come it just vanished? Experts please advice.
Quote:
My car has done 94000 kms and is in excellent shape. You will be surprised that with my driving style even my brake pads were changed only once at 60K. I was anyway ready for timing kit change, however this pump change will definitely eat my diwali bonus this year. happy Diwali to you by the way!! Is there a cheaper way to get this done ?

Hi Mission_PGPX, Any update on this?

Most Viewed