Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2020, 13:41   #3436
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
While your doors lock, and stay locked. As far as I know the fuel tank lid will unlock when you go below 15kmph or something like that. That's why its open when you are stopped, while the doors remain locked.
While that would explain the action on my Jetta, I am not sure why they would design it as such. Is it the same on other cars from VW/Skoda?
Old 9th January 2020, 12:36   #3437
BHPian

It happened. My 2015 facelift DSG Jetta at 97K kms, Right-Front ABS sensor shows error.

The service centre says each sensor is around 5K plus labour, totalling around 8K roughly.

Is this valid or is this a rip-off?

And, would cleaning the sensor and reinstalling get rid of the issue or is it better to change?

And, if change, would an FNG be cheaper (and reliable) to approach for this?

Thanks and cheers
Old 9th January 2020, 14:31   #3438
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
It happened. My 2015 facelift DSG Jetta at 97K kms, Right-Front ABS sensor shows error.

The service centre says each sensor is around 5K plus labour, totalling around 8K roughly.

Having recently changed the sensor on my Father's Jetta, I can vouch that the price is indeed valid. It was somewhere between 7.5k-8k in my case.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 14:56   #3439
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks and cheers
The price seems more or less correct. If you go to an FNG there are alternatives which will be cheaper. If you are the DIY kind you can source the correct parts and do it yourself. Thats what i did for my Vento
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 14:58   #3440
BHPian

Quote:

And, would cleaning the sensor and reinstalling get rid of the issue or is it better to change?

Thanks and cheers
I have this ABS/ESC error on my 2012 CL Jetta. I don't know whether this is due to a rat bite or the sensor itself (I believe it's the sensor malfunctioning). I am going to leave my car at a FNG that I have been using to get my car serviced. It has been cheaper than an authorized centre.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 17:36   #3441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I have this ABS/ESC error on my 2012 CL Jetta. I don't know whether this is due to a rat bite or the sensor itself (I believe it's the sensor malfunctioning). I am going to leave my car at a FNG that I have been using to get my car serviced. It has been cheaper than an authorized centre.

Who's the FNG? Whom should I contact there?

Thank you and cheers
Old 10th January 2020, 13:27   #3442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Had changed two of sensors in my Creta. Each one was around 6.8k. So should be a valid claim as per VW.

Suggest you to get this checked asap. If you are unaware of my incident:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ll-owners.html (Hyundai Creta: Serious brake failure issue (must-read for all owners))
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 15:31   #3443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks and cheers
I changed one on my Jetta for around 1.2K at FNG. Visit any workshop which works on VW/Audi/Skoda. ABS sensor is a common issue across the badges owned by VW.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2020, 19:26   #3444
Senior - BHPian

Guys, ABS/ESC warning came up a month ago in my Jetta. Initially it used to be on for about 15-20 minutes and then go off. Later it became permanently on. I checked with my service center for spare and awaiting the sensors. But I have this problem in the meantime. The car won't accelerate above 50 kmph, no matter how I push the gas. Idling is no problem and engine rises even up to 5000 rpm. 0-50kmph, car behaves normal.
The service guy never heard about such a problem from any other Jetta owner. I would like to know any of our friends had such issue. I am sure it is safety interlock though.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 10th January 2020 at 19:34.
Old 10th January 2020, 19:50   #3445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Guys, ABS/ESC warning came up a month ago in my Jetta. Initially it used to be on for about 15-20 minutes and then go off. Later it became permanently on. I checked with my service center for spare and awaiting the sensors. But I have this problem in the meantime. The car won't accelerate above 50 kmph, no matter how I push the gas. Idling is no problem and engine rises even up to 5000 rpm. 0-50kmph, car behaves normal.
The service guy never heard about such a problem from any other Jetta owner. I would like to know any of our friends had such issue. I am sure it is safety interlock though.
If the error codes only show an ABS sensor failure, then it might very well be because of the faulty sensor. In my Jetta, the front ABS sensor showed the same symptoms (along with the doors locking and unlocking randomly) when it failed but my car did accelerate without issues.

It might just be the traction control killing power to wheels due to the faulty data provided by the sensor (especially if it is the front ones).
Old 10th January 2020, 20:25   #3446
BHPian

The headliner of my Jetta has started sagging a lot. I read varying amounts on this thread regarding its repair/refurb. Does anyone know a good upholstery shop in Bangalore which can fix this? VW's quote of 60k for a headliner swap (read somewhere on this thread) sounds ridiculous to me.
tweaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 10:11   #3447
BHPian

I have a similar complaint (TCS/ABS and the steering lit up on my dash) in my 5 yr 50K KM old TDI. A VCDS scan in an FNG last wk showed a faulty speed sensor in the front left wheel, they tried cleaning it, yet the problem re-appreared, so awaiting replacement part to fit this wk. But I didnt encounter the 50 KMPH speed limitation - I wonder if it is called the limp mode? Perhaps it is got to do something with the ABS or TCS module that is limiting the speed?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
If the error codes only show an ABS sensor failure, then it might very well be because of the faulty sensor. In my Jetta, the front ABS sensor showed the same symptoms (along with the doors locking and unlocking randomly) when it failed but my car did accelerate without issues.

It might just be the traction control killing power to wheels due to the faulty data provided by the sensor (especially if it is the front ones).
Better to look after market if there are no curtain airbags in your model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweaker View Post
The headliner of my Jetta has started sagging a lot. I read varying amounts on this thread regarding its repair/refurb. Does anyone know a good upholstery shop in Bangalore which can fix this? VW's quote of 60k for a headliner swap (read somewhere on this thread) sounds ridiculous to me.

MOD NOTE-
Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE [QUOTE+] buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Last edited by Sheel : 17th January 2020 at 10:25. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 17th January 2020, 19:01   #3448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, ABS/ESC warning came up......
...I am sure it is safety interlock though.
Update: Front Right Sensor probe was changed today. ABS/ESC alarm light and the 50 Kmph speed limit were gone. Probe cost was around ₹4,500 and including labor total cost was ₹6,000 only. 😁. Actually I thought of changing both front sensors, but decided against it.
The speed limit is still a mystery for the service guys. My conclusion is, when the ABS alarm light is blinking and goes off after sometime, the sensor is partially damaged and hence speed limit doesn't kick in. When the probe is fully gone bonkers, the speed limit is deployed.!
Old 23rd January 2020, 23:47   #3449
BHPian

I have a rather weird question. Does the rear ac vent rotary control (for opening and closing) click when we operate like how the front ones do?
Old 23rd January 2020, 23:52   #3450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweaker View Post

I'm not aware about Bangalore, but I got it done for about 3-4k in Hyderabad. The fit and finesse is pretty good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks