Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2021, 23:11   #3661
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Hi,

1. How do you know it is original VW MIB-II, and not RCD330 or RCD 340 from china?
2. How is the sound quality compare to RCD 510 or OEM system?
The one I got is not MIB-II. Ashish (Germandna) said those units cost around 80k. Not sure how accurate that number is.

I only listened to the old HU a few times before switching to this. I think the sound is ok. But my main reason to upgrade was to get the Android auto/ apple carplay functionality.

I'll be checking on some wiring issue with the reverse camera in a few days. I'll try to take a look at model number/make of the Headunit when I get that done and let you know.

You can also ping them directly to enquire.
Old 28th July 2021, 20:06   #3662
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, a query pertaining to the Jetta manual. While we engage the gear, there is always this sound which accompanies it. And I don't refer to the sound in a way of it being a niggle but that sound seems like an intrinsic nature of the gearbox. It gives it a very tactile feel.

The best way to describe is that the feedback which you get makes it feel that the gear shifter is moving through a pan full of oil and this sound accompanies it.

This got me wondering, why does this happen? What is the difference in technology that VW is using in its gearbox as comapred to other companies?

Also, does this happen in other VAG cars as well? Laura, Octavia, Passat, Polo etc.?
Old 5th August 2021, 18:26   #3663
BHPian

Guys,

Any recommended FNG for servicing my Jetta TDI AT, i had visited Bosch service center in thane for some work, found them good but would like a few recommendations from fellow members in Mumbai. Certainly want to avoid VW ASS.
Old 22nd August 2021, 20:56   #3664

Dear Jetta owners,

I bought a 2014 highline TDI DSG last month and went on my first highway outing with family. Upgrading from Skoda Rapid TDI - it is super smooth, NVH is good even at triple digit speeds, sports mode is addictive during take overs.

My wife complained about the rear AC cooling. I owned a 2014 Skoda Rapid TDI before this and as per her rear ac was much better on rapid compared to Jetta :-(

I never experienced myself this as I never sat in rear seat of Rapid in 7 years (guess many owners in this forum would agree) :-)

Read a few threads in the forum of other owners complaining about this too. Is there any solution for this?

TIA
Old 22nd August 2021, 22:46   #3665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy_shm View Post
Dear Jetta owners,

I bought a 2014 highline TDI DSG last month and went on my first highway outing with family. Upgrading from Skoda Rapid TDI - it is super smooth, NVH is good even at triple digit speeds, sports mode is addictive during take overs.

My wife complained about the rear AC cooling. I owned a 2014 Skoda Rapid TDI before this and as per her rear ac was much better on rapid compared to Jetta :-(

TIA
Not sure whether you have already checked, but at times a simple AC filter replacement can do wonders to your AC. Mainly in our cities we need to change it often
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 22:48   #3666

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Not sure whether you have already checked, but at times a simple AC filter replacement can do wonders to your AC. Mainly in our cities we need to change it often
Car was serviced by the previous owner just 2 weeks back at VW service center. But I will check once again with the service advisor.
Old 1st September 2021, 10:30   #3667
BHPian

Anyone did their 120k service recently ( tdi highline dsg)? What's the average cost at VW service center?
Old 1st September 2021, 10:50   #3668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed26 View Post
Anyone did their 120k service recently ( tdi highline dsg)? What's the average cost at VW service center?
Yes I did, a month and a half ago. Total cost came to close to 15K.

Cheers
Old 1st September 2021, 20:06   #3669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Yes I did, a month and a half ago. Total cost came to close to 15K.

Cheers
Any specific work for 120k?
Old 2nd September 2021, 10:45   #3670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed26 View Post
Any specific work for 120k?
I have attached a image (shot on a potato phone, sorry) with whatever needs to be done. Nothing major.

Unfortunately said image (VW's guidelines) only shows upto 105000 kms and not the 120K kma, but the work was almost identical.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-jetta-service-guidelines.jpg  

tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 13:11   #3671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
Hi Forum,

Need some quick feedback from experienced members.

I own a Mar 2015 registered 2.0 TDI DSG Highline first owner Jetta, which has done close to 48k Kms as of now. The car was going to be up for sale in 6 months or so.

The car is in good shape, has new tyres all round (replaced in November last year), a brand new Amaron battery (replaced last month), and has complete VW ASS service history. It being a white Jetta, there are some scratches and small dents which come from owning a white car in India, but I will try to get them fixed before sale.

A friend of mine recently jumped right into the scheme of things, and proposed to buy my Jetta, as an upgrade from his current sedan. Since he is a friend I really want to quote a fair price to him.

So the question is, what is a fair price for my Jetta. I am looking for inputs from experienced members, and also those who have recently bought or sold their Jettas.

Please help forum.
Hi Forum,

In the context of the above post from me, the friend of mine backed out, so my Jetta would be available for sale next month.

I am wondering whats the quickest way to get a good deal on the sale, and which portals to use. I see a myriad ways of going about it like Cars24, OLX even Facebook , obviously each may come with their own pros and cons.

Please advise. Members with recent first hand experiences please take out some time to share the same.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by harryputtar : 1st November 2021 at 13:13. Reason: Forgot to list down the portals I have considered.
Old 7th November 2021, 00:18   #3672
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Are you a Jetta owner? Do you like to use the rear armrest while being seated at the back? Do you get irritated by the rattle that the boot pass through plastic trim makes?

If your answer is yes to the above questions, get yourself this product and make your life rattle free-

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I went with the 20mm width and 5mm thick version though now I feel that even the 3mm version would have most probably done the job. I'd let the pictures do the talking now-

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-20211030_152001.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-20211030_152137.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-20211030_152006.jpg

Basically, you need to stick a small patch of the product at the upper part of the plastic trim. It might be difficult to close it the first time after applying the adhesive foam but post that, pressure plays its part(you can see the crease in the foam) and compresses the foam. Money well spent!

Last edited by AYP : 7th November 2021 at 00:20.
AYP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2021, 22:24   #3673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
Hi Forum,

In the context of the above post from me, the friend of mine backed out, so my Jetta would be available for sale next month.
Hi, I have sent you a PM on the matter.
Old 15th November 2021, 09:59   #3674
BHPian

Hi guys, have been looking around for new wipers. My current ones work well but there is too much of sound now. I remember someone mentioning after market ones. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
Old 15th November 2021, 10:09   #3675
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hi guys, have been looking around for new wipers. My current ones work well but there is too much of sound now. I remember someone mentioning after market ones. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
I have tried both non-OEMs (Bosch and Blaupunkt Velocity Flexi Wiper Blades), though they are way cheap than OEM, I have through them out within 1-2 months. The flexible adopters are not a exact fit in the Wiper arm, and causes judder and noise. In moderate to heavy rains, it is raelly scary to use these non-OEM wipers.

So within 3 months I have switch back to OEM, while expensive (~3800/-a pair) they are good with no issue.

I would suggest to go with OEM. Here is my experience captured in another thread..

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5154397 (The 'Wiper Blade' Thread)

Last edited by manjubp : 15th November 2021 at 10:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks