Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2012, 17:53   #391
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Well, the dealer wanted to borrow my car for an enitre sunday! considering they have Polo/ Vonto's of every mechanical config for test drive, I dont think a spare Jetta would go amiss!
Do you have a temp registration (endind with 7575)? How is your car doing? Did you get some discount? Thanks,

Suhas
Old 18th April 2012, 19:02   #392
BHPian

[quote=shivasuma;2750209]I had a TD of the Jetta today. The sales person told me that the TL does not come with aux-in.

Most of the Sales reps are ignorant and do not have ANY knowledge about the vehicle. I have personally seen the TL and it DOES have Aux in.

Check the first few pages of this thread if you want, there are detailed interior pictures of the TL and Aux-in is clearly visible.
Old 18th April 2012, 19:03   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Atleast you got a TD. I am still waiting for one close to a month after the car was launched. Only one dealer out of 3 in Blr have a car for TD, and its always "out for TD".
I had a test drive of Jetta DSG at Apple auto in Outer ring road (they didn’t have a manual available at that time).

Now a days they are pretty scared about giving test drive of DSG to folks. When I enquired the sale rep, he shown me a big dent on the brand new car(only temp registration was done when I did the test drive). And guess how it happend, someone test drove the vehicle forgot the fact that he was driving a DSG and pressed the "clutch" hard to get rear ended by following vehicle.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 18th April 2012 at 19:10.
Old 18th April 2012, 22:18   #394
BHPian

[quote=DeKay;2750550]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I had a TD of the Jetta today. The sales person told me that the TL does not come with aux-in.

Most of the Sales reps are ignorant and do not have ANY knowledge about the vehicle. I have personally seen the TL and it DOES have Aux in.

Check the first few pages of this thread if you want, there are detailed interior pictures of the TL and Aux-in is clearly visible.
Please check the first page. Even the moderators mention that the Trendline does not come with Aux-in.
Old 18th April 2012, 22:30   #395
BHPian

[quote=shivasuma;2750701]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post

Please check the first page. Even the moderators mention that the Trendline does not come with Aux-in.
Again, The TL definitely has Aux-in. I am re-uploading a picture posted by a fellow member.

All websites have been misinformed. Since I have personally seen it and tested the Aux-in, I would believe myself over anyone else, no?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0870-custom.jpg  

DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 23:50   #396
Senior - BHPian

On Ebay i see the Climatronic (Climate Control) available at USD 150 for the Jetta ? Is it really that cheap to install one in the Jetta ?

Does one simply plug in the Climate Control Panel and get rid of the Manual option or has VW removed the temperature sensors alltogether from the Jetta ?
Old 19th April 2012, 08:54   #397
BHPian

[quote=DeKay;2750709]
Quote:

Again, The TL definitely has Aux-in. I am re-uploading a picture posted by a fellow member.

All websites have been misinformed. Since I have personally seen it and tested the Aux-in, I would believe myself over anyone else, no?
Thanks for the picture. Don't know why they make a hash of the brochures. To VW, when you are selling a 20L car, atleast make sure your brochure is right. Now apart from foldable mirrors and steering controls, I am ok with TL.
Old 19th April 2012, 09:35   #398
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do you have a temp registration (endind with 7575)? How is your car doing? Did you get some discount? Thanks,

Suhas
Mine is a permanant reg - I never gave my car out. Car is doing good. It is pretty stiff but loosening up slowly. I did get around 50k off + floor mats
Old 19th April 2012, 14:22   #399
BHPian

[quote=shivasuma;2750911]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post

Thanks for the picture. Don't know why they make a hash of the brochures. To VW, when you are selling a 20L car, atleast make sure your brochure is right. Now apart from foldable mirrors and steering controls, I am ok with TL.
I'm glad

Even I want to buy a Jetta TL since the CL is out of my budget. I absolutely love the car and I don't mind it being stripped off of features and whatnot. For me, the drive is what matters.
Old 19th April 2012, 15:19   #400
Senior - BHPian

Does the Jetta CL come with electrically foldable mirrors or are they only available on the HL?
Old 19th April 2012, 15:52   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Does the Jetta CL come with electrically foldable mirrors or are they only available on the HL?
The CL comes with electrically foldable mirrors. I am so used to it in my i20 (its really useful in Bangalore where the mirrors are the usual target for 2 wheelers who want to squeeze into 2 inch gaps!).
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 20:42   #402
Senior - BHPian

^
When I had gone for a TD the salesman told me the electrically foldable mirrors only come in the HL.

I guess it's just another case of the salesmen having no knowledge about the car and its features. It won't hurt the VW salesmen to know the features about the car before selling it!
Old 20th April 2012, 09:44   #403
Team-BHP Support

If you want accurate information, down load the brochure from the VW website. The details on the website are vague. The pdf bbrocure has more detail
Old 20th April 2012, 09:55   #404
BHPian

What is the situation about cruise control on the CL? Although the brochure didn't mention, I got it on my CL. A couple of months after which, another BHPian didn't. So now are they finally offering it on the CL?
Old 20th April 2012, 10:12   #405
BHPian

When we were researching on the Volkswagen Vento Highline, the Jetta Trendline was a contender. We were fine with many of the missing features, except these two:

Park-Distance Control
Multi-finction display "Plus"

The main deal breaker was that according to the brochure, there is no park distance control in the trendline variant. This was a bit surprising since even the Vento Trendline comes with park distance control. While I love the enhanced MFD, I can still live without it but no park-distance control for such a large car?

I cross-checked with the sales executive and even he confirmed that the Jetta TL did not have park distance control. I requested for a view of a TL variant (not necessarily TD), but unfortunately they had only one piece of the HL in stock at that point in time.

Reading the previous threads on what is missing in the TL, I don't find the mention of park-distance control anyway. Am I to understand that this is actually present in the TL variant?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks