Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2012, 10:24   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianGuardian View Post
When we were researching on the Volkswagen Vento Highline, the Jetta Trendline was a contender. We were fine with many of the missing features, except these two:

Park-Distance Control
Multi-finction display "Plus"

The main deal breaker was that according to the brochure, there is no park distance control in the trendline variant. This was a bit surprising since even the Vento Trendline comes with park distance control. While I love the enhanced MFD, I can still live without it but no park-distance control for such a large car?
As far as I know park distance control is a feature added to the Vento Highline for the 2012 refresh (launched around Nov for diesel, now avaiable on petrols as well). TL Vento is completely stripped down and doesn't have any of the features and accessories you get with the HL.

Edit: Actually you're right. It is available across the range. Check this thread.

In any case it is just a reverse parking sensor that you can get installed after market for 2-2.5K. Even if you get the VW-approved parking sensor installed without voiding warranty it is not at all expensive (my Nippon cost 4800/-)

Is this really a dealbreaker for you?

Last edited by noopster : 20th April 2012 at 10:42. Reason: Added a correction
Old 20th April 2012, 10:59   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
As far as I know park distance control is a feature added to the Vento Highline for the 2012 refresh (launched around Nov for diesel, now avaiable on petrols as well). TL Vento is completely stripped down and doesn't have any of the features and accessories you get with the HL.

Edit: Actually you're right. It is available across the range. Check this thread.

In any case it is just a reverse parking sensor that you can get installed after market for 2-2.5K. Even if you get the VW-approved parking sensor installed without voiding warranty it is not at all expensive (my Nippon cost 4800/-)

Is this really a dealbreaker for you?
Yes, it is. We did have a park-distance control installed for our Ritz through the Maruti showroom itself, but it has been giving us major headaches despite repeated visits to the showroom. Hence my dad now insists only on factory-fitted stuff (and due to the Ritz experience I am more comfortable for the same in reference to park-distance control).

The Jetta brochure is then right? No park-distance control in the TL variant?
Old 20th April 2012, 11:45   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
If you want accurate information, down load the brochure from the VW website. The details on the website are vague. The pdf bbrocure has more detail
I have the pdf from VW. It says the TL has no aux-in, but Dekay has posted a picture of the TL with Aux-in present. And to compound matters, none of the dealers have CL/TL (or for that matter a manual) for TD.

Buying a car (across different manufacturers) is confusing, and now with the features across variants not known, it becomes even more confusing.
Old 21st April 2012, 12:51   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it is. We did have a park-distance control installed for our Ritz through theMaruti showroom itself, but it has been giving us major headaches despite repeated visits to the showroom. Hence my dad now insists only on factory-fitted stuff (and due to the Ritz experience I am more comfortable for the same in reference to park-distance control).
My 2010 Jetta does not come with Parking controller(not sure what it controls...i would say warning system). The dealer installed it for free of cost. If you want something like the one in Superb i guess the cost will be higher.

In my personal experience the audio warning system is fairly enough. And installing those simple audio warning system solves the purpose. This should not be a deal breaker.

Last edited by noopster : 23rd April 2012 at 11:42. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Old 21st April 2012, 23:06   #410
BHPian

Guys,
I had one question. Is extended warranty available on the New Jetta? If yes, how long and how much does it cost? The sales guy told me its not available and the pricelist he gave me also indicates the same.

Thanks,
Suhas
Old 22nd April 2012, 07:08   #411
BHPian

Hi

Does anyone know if the petrol Jetta will be launched. Media reports had suggested April... but I have not seen any updates.

There were articles that talked about the engine option being the "new" 1.4 l TSI (not the 1.8 sadly)

Any upate would be most welcome

Thanks

NB: Am looking for a pertol sedan.... have been looking for some time. Have almost ruled out Altis, Civic, as I loved the Jetta when we did the test drive.
Am not keen on the Laura 1.8 TSI. Loved Fluence, but the petrol is AT.. and I dont want AT..
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:02   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
What is the situation about cruise control on the CL? Although the brochure didn't mention, I got it on my CL. A couple of months after which, another BHPian didn't. So now are they finally offering it on the CL?
They are not offering the cruise control on CL trim. Got mine on 1st April and it was one of the first things I checked! It seems that you got the steering assembly of the HL trim, as you had mentioned. You were lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Guys,
I had one question. Is extended warranty available on the New Jetta? If yes, how long and how much does it cost? The sales guy told me its not available and the pricelist he gave me also indicates the same.

Thanks,
Suhas
Extended warranty is available for 3rd & 4th year (original warranty is 2 years). The cost for the extended warranty is around Rs. 11.7k.

@All, Please do not go explicitly with the details mentioned on the website as well as the brochure.
Example being, it is not mentioned anywhere that the CL trim has SD card slot and is mentioned as a added feature on HL, but CL does have a SD slot. This has been pointed out by lamboguy too, but SD slot is still available (being part of the RCD 310 plus) whereas cruise control ain't. IMHO SD card slot somewhat negates the missing USB port.
Shrek_924 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:20   #413
BHPian

Volkswagen needs to take a serious look at re-doing their Jetta manual. For a potential buyer who may be doing his initial research online, all these small omissions can be a deciding factor in the customer deciding whether it is worth his time to visit the showroom or not.
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:47   #414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianGuardian View Post
...my dad now insists only on factory-fitted stuff (and due to the Ritz experience I am more comfortable for the same in reference to park-distance control).

The Jetta brochure is then right? No park-distance control in the TL variant?
I honestly have no idea- why don't you just call up the showroom and ask them? Just to reiterate my Vento has dealer-fitted, company-authorised parking sensors that do not impact your warranty and in fact come with a one-year warranty themselves. My earlier one was acting up so they replaced it for free. Have not had any problems with it till very recently when someone banged it from behind and one of the sensors broke (can hardly fault the company for that). Mine is a simple audio sensor, you will probably get an authorised one with a display as well.

Forgive me, it seems like a trivial reason to avoid buying a great car. Just my opinion.
Old 23rd April 2012, 12:46   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I honestly have no idea- why don't you just call up the showroom and ask them? Just to reiterate my Vento has dealer-fitted, company-authorised parking sensors that do not impact your warranty and in fact come with a one-year warranty themselves. My earlier one was acting up so they replaced it for free. Have not had any problems with it till very recently when someone banged it from behind and one of the sensors broke (can hardly fault the company for that). Mine is a simple audio sensor, you will probably get an authorised one with a display as well.

Forgive me, it seems like a trivial reason to avoid buying a great car. Just my opinion.
No issues, everybody is entitled to their opinion. I had asked the showroom. They had said no. Was just confirming here since there are so many cases on thread in which the SA was misinformed and I couldn't personally check as they didn't have a Trendline variant in stock.
Old 23rd April 2012, 14:23   #416
BHPian

Just got off the phone with the sales guy at Downtown. He is offering me the following disocunt/freebies (50K corporate discount + 30% off on insurance, i.e, 20K, free mats and sunfilm). I have asked him for the extended warranty as a freebie. Lets see what he says. What do you guys think abou the offer?
Old 23rd April 2012, 19:37   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Just got off the phone with the sales guy at Downtown. He is offering me the following disocunt/freebies (50K corporate discount + 30% off on insurance, i.e, 20K, free mats and sunfilm). I have asked him for the extended warranty as a freebie. Lets see what he says. What do you guys think abou the offer?
I recon this is pretty good. Which variant is this for?
Old 23rd April 2012, 19:55   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
I recon this is pretty good. Which variant is this for?
This is for the comfortline model. Apparently there is no extended warranty for the Jetta. Called up other dealers and also VW india. Even they conveyed the same. They say EW is available for Polo, Vento and Passat only. Wonder why they left the Jetta out.
Old 23rd April 2012, 21:46   #419
BHPian

Quote:
This is for the comfortline model. Apparently there is no extended warranty for the Jetta. Called up other dealers and also VW india. Even they conveyed the same. They say EW is available for Polo, Vento and Passat only. Wonder why they left the Jetta out.
I think they will come out with extended warranty for the Jetta as well.

But, weren't you going to buy the TL?
Old 23rd April 2012, 23:24   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
I think they will come out with extended warranty for the Jetta as well.

But, weren't you going to buy the TL?
Initially my budget was for the TL. TL was missing some things like the foldable mirrors, steering controls, rear armrest, parking sensors etc which I wanted. After some thought, I decided that the CL was the best VFM (if you can call it that) amongst the variants. So decided to stretch it a bit. What about the TL you were looking to buy?
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks