Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2012, 11:23   #421
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

I booked a Platinum Grey CL Manual last week - have been promised delivery by May 10th. Keeping fingers crossed that they stick to their promise..

White and Black were available off the shelf, but the family decided to go for the Grey... Me too personally liked the Grey - Black would have been first choice but everybody around discouraged Black since it would have been hard to maintain..

Got my loan processed through SBI. Extremely professional - i highly recommend them. Icing on the cake - they've just announced a .75% cut in the loan rates...
Old 24th April 2012, 12:33   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Initially my budget was for the TL. TL was missing some things like the foldable mirrors, steering controls, rear armrest, parking sensors etc which I wanted. After some thought, I decided that the CL was the best VFM (if you can call it that) amongst the variants. So decided to stretch it a bit. What about the TL you were looking to buy?
Yes, my budget is around 15L. but I will try to stretch it. I really want the Jetta TL. Its the best car to drive under 20L. Let's see. If not the Jetta, I might go for the Cruze MT.
Old 24th April 2012, 13:03   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Yes, my budget is around 15L. but I will try to stretch it. I really want the Jetta TL. Its the best car to drive under 20L. Let's see. If not the Jetta, I might go for the Cruze MT.
My budget was also 15L. But after TDing the Jetta, decided to up the budget to 18L and then after some more thought it was up to 20L.
I hope I get a decent raise this year.
, after my current i20 lease ends next year, I will be buying the cruze. My wife loves the looks. She thinks Jetta is more for a mature individual and Cruze for the one who is sporty.
Old 26th April 2012, 13:40   #424
BHPian

Quote:
This is for the comfortline model. Apparently there is no extended warranty for the Jetta. Called up other dealers and also VW india. Even they conveyed the same. They say EW is available for Polo, Vento and Passat only. Wonder why they left the Jetta out.
I think some of the dealers are not well informed. I picked up my Jetta in early october & did get the extended warranty documents along with the delivery (BTW the other dealer in the city had no clue & was not offering the extended warranty).

I have got the extended warranty cover for 4 yrs - costed around 11.5K.
Old 27th April 2012, 20:17   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
I think some of the dealers are not well informed. I picked up my Jetta in early october & did get the extended warranty documents along with the delivery (BTW the other dealer in the city had no clue & was not offering the extended warranty).

I have got the extended warranty cover for 4 yrs - costed around 11.5K.
I called up the dealership and they insist EW is not available for Jetta. When I mentioned that EW was indeed present and that the dealer in pune was offering it, they said it might due to the close proximity to the factory . I called up VW helpline and they also have no clue. I have sent an email but yet to receive any response. I seriously think VW needs to educate their dealership and make sure all things are sorted out (including mentioning the features available on the variants). This is not expected when someone is spending 20L+ on a car or for that matter any car.
Old 30th April 2012, 11:15   #426
BHPian

Quote:
I called up the dealership and they insist EW is not available for Jetta. When I mentioned that EW was indeed present and that the dealer in pune was offering it, they said it might due to the close proximity to the factory . I called up VW helpline and they also have no clue. I have sent an email but yet to receive any response. I seriously think VW needs to educate their dealership and make sure all things are sorted out (including mentioning the features available on the variants). This is not expected when someone is spending 20L+ on a car or for that matter any car.
Same in Delhi - the dealer claims there is no extended warranty available yet.
Old 30th April 2012, 11:37   #427
BHPian

On EW, the story is same with Downtown Mumbai. They continue to insist no EW on offer yet and that they will inform me once its made available. I have written to them asking for a written confirmation and yet to receive the same. Will inform the forum once I hear back.
Old 30th April 2012, 17:51   #428
BHPian

So what sorta discounts did you guys get? i asked the chembur (mumbai) VW guy and he just offered me discount on insurance and was very vague "dekh lenge booking ke time pe".

BTW I am looking at the comfortline trim. Just wish they'd give an option to choose the wheels. The ones on the trendline are a treat for the eyes. But I wouldn't spend an extra 1.75 for chrome,fake leather and touch screen media. The wheels and the extra 2 airbags will be sorely missed . Is it worth trying to ask them for a wheel swap at the showroom?
Old 30th April 2012, 19:39   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
So what sorta discounts did you guys get? i asked the chembur (mumbai) VW guy and he just offered me discount on insurance and was very vague "dekh lenge booking ke time pe".

BTW I am looking at the comfortline trim. Just wish they'd give an option to choose the wheels. The ones on the trendline are a treat for the eyes. But I wouldn't spend an extra 1.75 for chrome,fake leather and touch screen media. The wheels and the extra 2 airbags will be sorely missed . Is it worth trying to ask them for a wheel swap at the showroom?
I guess you meant highline. I already asked about the swap. The sales guy said that each wheel costs around 22K. And there is no buy back for the ones on TL/CL.
About the discounts, you can get about 50K off plus about 40%+ (I got 45% off) on insurance. You can get more cash discount plus some freebies if you bargain hard.
Old 1st May 2012, 08:09   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Anyone having any opinion about the Jetta is requested to withhold it until he/she test drives it. People I know have changed their decisions and ditched other cars within a span of few minutes spent in the Jetta.

If crossing the 1800 rpm mark in this car doesn't put a grin on your face then nothing in this segment will. The car manages awesome handling with amazing braking and yet has best in class rear seat ride.

If VW gives me top class levels of the basic ingredients which make a car, I would not complain if it didn't have a couple of frills like ACC or leather seats.

For example... No offence to Altis owners, but the new Altis had all the frills but failed miserably in the drivability part. So then my question is would you enjoy and prefer a car which comes with an automated cooling equipment or one which gives pure driving pleasure?
!! Just been back from a JPR-ABD-Kandla and JPR-Dharmshala-Manali trip. And I can swear that the car is worth every hard-earned penny spent on it. The front seat bolstering, rear seat leg rom and the huge boot space are the icing on the cake. The drive and handling of the car is so inspiring that it urges you to push on & on.
Old 1st May 2012, 10:01   #431
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Anyone having any opinion about the Jetta is requested to withhold it until he/she test drives it. People I know have changed their decisions and ditched other cars within a span of few minutes spent in the Jetta.
Well, I said it looked like a Vento, looked a bit boring. After a couple of test drives, I bought one!
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2012, 11:56   #432
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carizma View Post
!! Just been back from a JPR-ABD-Kandla and JPR-Dharmshala-Manali trip. And I can swear that the car is worth every hard-earned penny spent on it. The front seat bolstering, rear seat leg rom and the huge boot space are the icing on the cake. The drive and handling of the car is so inspiring that it urges you to push on & on.
Hi, was it you who had some trouble with the car getting delayed at the service centre? Can you please update on the experience, and how it got resolved? And do share an ownership thread for the benefit of other members.

Happy driving!
Old 2nd May 2012, 17:20   #433
BHPian

My loan through SBI got approved today. The dealer has indicated 3rd week of May as the probable delivery date. Will go with the T-bhp checklist to make sure everything is fine. Is there an option to choose the tyre make? How are the tyres on the Jetta?
Old 2nd May 2012, 18:02   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How are the tyres on the Jetta?
The tyres are pretty much designed for optimum performance and fuel efficiency with some sacrifice on noise. I would not worry about the tyres if you dont find anything out of place.

Quote:
The front seat bolstering, rear seat leg rom and the huge boot space are the icing on the cake. The drive and handling of the car is so inspiring that it urges you to push on & on.
It will grow on you when you do a drive on a winding road. Take the CP ramasamy bridge in Mandaveli. I love this bridge very late in the night. You dont have to be driving at 3 digit speeds. Just take the curve you always do without any worry of vehicles in the front or back which means your foot is off the brakes (even at 40-50kmph)

You can hear your passenger gasp for a second trying to understand what happened as you start descending down the flyover.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 02:02   #435
BHPian

One OT question, is the launch of Petrol Jetta delayed further because there were rumours of VW launching it by end of April, has anybody got any update regarding the launch? Along with that any confirmation on the engine spec? If rumours were to believe then is it going to be the 1.4L that got a mixed response from all petrol heads?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks