Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2012, 09:41   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
With 1.4 TSI who are they targeting?-
I too had raised similar questions earlier on the Jetta TSI thread and felt that the Jetta 1.4 TSI made no sense. But if the Govt. proposal to levy addition tax on diesel cars does come through and the price difference between the Petrol Jetta and Diesel Jetta is in excess of Rs. 4 Lacs, then it may make sense for people with low mileage looking for a vehicle in the D1 segment, given that there are a lot of people in our country (this forum included) who "wouldn't touch a Skoda with a barge pole"
Old 14th June 2012, 10:32   #482
BHPian

I dont really think the TSI Jetta would have immaculate power, like its petrol cousin, the Skoda Laura TSI.
Yes, since it has 1.4 litre engine, it might produce a good fuel economy, interesting more petrol heads to buy it.
The review on Autocar also says thatnit would be priced cheaper than the Skoda TSI. So yes, lets hope for a fun-thrilled, petrol running, German engineered, Jetta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman

Just checked the back of Laura owner's manual. Here is a quick comparison of 1.4 TSI vs 1.8 TSI-

1.4TSI, 1.8TSI in Skoda Laura

0-100kph
9.7 secs, 8.1secs

FE (in ltr./100 km)Euro cycle
Combination-
6.3=15.87kpl, 6.9=14.49kpl

Top Speed
203kph, 219kph

CO2 (in g/km)
148, 158
Yes, i feel that putting up a 1.8TSI engine would make sense, as it can come in comparison to other cars of its segment.
A 1.4, with a 140bhp power, would feel powerless, when compared to its rivals, the Laura TSI, Honda Civic 1.8V, and others!

Note from Moderator: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread. Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 14th June 2012 at 10:52.
Old 14th June 2012, 10:54   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContiMental View Post
A 1.4, with a 140bhp power, would feel powerless, when compared to its rivals, the Laura TSI, Honda Civic 1.8V, and others!
A little correction here, Jetta 1.4TSI makes 120bhp not 140.
Old 14th June 2012, 15:50   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
A little correction here, Jetta 1.4TSI makes 120bhp not 140.
120 horses put it below the "sporty" Civic as well as the "leisurely" Altis.

Considering the build of Germans vis-a-vis Japs, I am sure that Jetta would heavier than these cars..

Unless priced really aggressively vis-a-vis Laura, not sure if it would have many takers.
Old 15th June 2012, 14:41   #485
BHPian

i am about to book a Jetta. Is the refreshed one coming out with ACC? I'd love it. There is a 3 month waiting period, so if i book now and the refresh is launched by the end of the month, will i get the old one of the refresh?
Old 15th June 2012, 18:58   #486
BHPian

Hi Paras

When I spoke to the VW dealer in Bangalore (to enquire about Petrol Jetta), the sales manager told me that the "new" models will have ACC.

I asked again and he said "defenitly"....

Dont know if we can trust thier word... Hoping it will happen
Old 15th June 2012, 20:00   #487
Team-BHP Support

Video review of 1.4 Tsi Jetta by Autocar India Show
SmartCat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 22:28   #488
Team-BHP Support

I don't see this petrol motor selling at all. It's going to be near or more than the Altis in terms of pricing.

The Altis 1.8L engine (2ZR-FE) with dual VVT-i is butter smooth with a 6 speed manual as well as 7 speed AT and is fuel efficient as well. The top end gives you electric seats, xenons, leather, touch screen DVD player and more. The Altis rear seat is also a proper 3 seater with no transmission tunnel hump in the middle.

Performance remains to be seen between the 2 once we get to drive but on paper the Altis is a better bet. The only thing better in the Jetta is that super solid feel and brilliant handling.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2012, 00:00   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajith-s View Post
Hi Paras

When I spoke to the VW dealer in Bangalore (to enquire about Petrol Jetta), the sales manager told me that the "new" models will have ACC.

I asked again and he said "defenitly"....

Dont know if we can trust thier word... Hoping it will happen
Well one things for sure and that is.. the Petrol Jetta does not come with ACC. In fact some of the sales guys at VW are so ignorant or clever should i say that they refuse to acknowledge that the car does not have ACC. I went to VW showrooms in Delhi and on 2 occasions at different showrooms the Salesman insisted that the Climatic Ac was an ACC without digi display. Of course it was a defense mechanism at their end as i kept showing them the ACC in the Vento and asked them why a car double the price did not have one.

The ACC is definitely long overdue in the Highline Jetta and i expect VW to use their brains and do the right thing.
Old 19th June 2012, 17:37   #490
BHPian

Checked with the dealer again today, response:

We still yet to get more info on the same, but as informed to you earlier, we will get 1st batch of allocation by this month end…will update you once the test drive car is been dispatch to us, so that you can feel the car and take the decision….

Assuring you our best services at all times…….

Quire responsive... and good language
Old 19th June 2012, 23:28   #491

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
1.CL also has cruise control unlike what is stated in the brochure. (personally used it too)
2.No multimedia adapter provided.
3.But, it does come with SD card reader, again not in brochure.
4.No pictorial display for parking distance as far as I have been using. I am yet to receive the owner's manual for the car to confirm this.
Surprisingly,my SE said that there was no cruise control affirmatively on the comfortline.
-he also said there were no puddle lights
unfortunately couldn't verify as only a highline was present for td
-could you tell me what exactly a sd card reader would do??
-what all can you plug into the aux input?
-does it have ipod connectivity?
-what exactly does the comfortline parking sensor do?

Joules
Old 20th June 2012, 06:57   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The ACC is definitely long overdue in the Highline Jetta and i expect VW to use their brains and do the right thing.
This may never happen. The reliability is up by few notches with the removal of anything electronically controlled in a german car.

Also the manufacturing cost is reduced while the margin on these cars are getting higher.

From a pure sale perspective the Jetta will still sell the same numbers they are doing now with or without the ACC.
Old 20th June 2012, 08:35   #493
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joules View Post
Surprisingly,my SE said that there was no cruise control affirmatively on the comfortline.

Joules
  • I dont think puddle light are in Comfortline
  • SD card reader will read music files - mp3 format
  • You can plug any mp3 player or ipod - but you miss out on the details on the touchscreen and controls on the player
  • Parking sensors on rear only
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 09:53   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joules

Joules
I would first like to mention that I had picked up the comfortline which came in the first lot vw ever produced in India. Due to this, a couple of goodies from the highline trickled into my comfortline. Having said this, I can confirm for my car ONLY:
- cruise control has been provided on my car but I can confirm it is no longer available on comfortline.
- puddle lights are provided.
- parking sensors are provided for, both, front and rear. They assist you with audible beeps which are MORE than sufficient.

Rest everything, I believe, ajmat has correctly explained.
Old 20th June 2012, 15:15   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
  • I dont think puddle light are in Comfortline
  • Parking sensors on rear only

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
I would first like to mention that I had picked up the comfortline which came in the first lot vw ever produced in India. Due to this, a couple of goodies from the highline trickled into my comfortline. Having said this, I can confirm for my car ONLY:
- cruise control has been provided on my car but I can confirm it is no longer available on comfortline.
...... explained.
I got Comfortline on 1st Apr'12 and can confirm that it has puddle lights and parking sensors at front as well as back (audible beeps only, no display).
The cruise control was present in first batch, maybe as they used the same steering assembly as Highline initially.
Comfortline seems more VFM but only if you are comfortable driving with heavy clutch! Wish they would have provided auto in this trim as well!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks