Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2012, 18:54   #511

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

I think you meant the moonrock silver.Kudos ! I've booked a a comfortline in the same colour.
Old 26th June 2012, 21:55   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joules View Post
I think you meant the moonrock silver.Kudos ! I've booked a a comfortline in the same colour.
When did you book and whats the waiting period? I had booked the CL in April mid and have been promised delivery in August. What discounts are you getting?
Old 26th June 2012, 22:09   #513

Well,apparently my car has already reached the dealer but since i am out of town haven't been able to take delivery of the same.Hope to do so in a week's time.This was the case as the moonrock silver colour was readily available.All other colours had a waiting period.I am getting around 55 k as discount and some poly..urethane coating(not sure what it is) worth 6k as discount or offer !
Old 26th June 2012, 23:43   #514
Senior - BHPian

Does the jetta really come with Traction control as mentioned in this review? The volkswagen site does not mention so. Please clarify.
Old 26th June 2012, 23:47   #515
BHPian

hi joules,

which dealer are you getting the 55k discount from and in which city ?
also what variant ??

manyu
Old 27th June 2012, 00:20   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Does the jetta really come with Traction control as mentioned in this review? The volkswagen site does not mention so. Please clarify.
Yes. Traction control, ABS, EBD et. al. as part of the ESP (Electronic Stability Program).
Old 27th June 2012, 08:01   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
Yes. Traction control, ABS, EBD et. al. as part of the ESP (Electronic Stability Program).
Are you sure? Here's the link on the VW site for the Jetta highline and I dont see it mentioned: Discover The New Jetta. < New Jetta < Models < Welcome to Volkswagen India
Old 27th June 2012, 08:22   #518
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Are you sure? Here's the link on the VW site for the Jetta highline and I dont see it mentioned: Discover The New Jetta. < New Jetta < Models < Welcome to Volkswagen India
Nitin, the website mention this:
Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) incl. ABS with brake assist, ASR & EDL

In my understanding, ASR (Anti-Slip Regulation) is another term for traction control.

On safety front, I guess this is the most loaded car in the segment.
Old 27th June 2012, 08:32   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure?
Yes, I own one of these, plus I've experienced it in action. Only wish there was a kill switch for speeds below say 20Kmph or for launch control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
On safety front, I guess this is the most loaded car in the segment.
Absolutely hands down the safest car in the segment. VW deserves a lot of credit for not compromising on safety across here. Guess it makes up for a few other shortcomings in the show-sha department.
Old 27th June 2012, 09:03   #520
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose

You are better off downloading the brochure from the site which gives more accurate info.
Old 27th June 2012, 09:46   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose

Are you sure? [/url]
Traction control is a feature and has kicked in a couple of times for me. Try gunning down the accelerator on a rough patch of road and a tiny light on the mfd starts blinking.
Old 27th June 2012, 10:50   #522

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyu View Post
hi joules,

which dealer are you getting the 55k discount from and in which city ?
also what variant ??

manyu
EVM Volkswagen, Cochin.
Old 27th June 2012, 15:52   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
safest car in the segment. VW deserves a lot of credit for not compromising on safety across here. Guess it makes up for a few other shortcomings in the show-sha department.
I second this. Experienced this first hand yesterday. On Delhi's ring road, next to Hyatt, a speeding, out of control Accent hit my 1 month old Jetta from behind (we were almost stationary since the traffic was crawling). The damage - couple of scratches, slightly bent frame... Damage to Accent - bumper came off, Bonnet totally deformed from front...

That was not all - another car, a Getz hit me from the rear again next later in the day near to Shipra mall, Ghaziabad. Not much additional damage done though. The bumper did not give up... One of those days when things are bound to go wrong.

However, the damage to my new car gave me a sleepless night... Went to the Service Center today. There's a slight deformity in the bumper which will not go off... Rest of the bumper can be repainted and set again --- will set me back by 8K.

Other option, to go back to the original state, will be to change the bumper in entirety. This will set me back by 35K.

Am covered under Zero-Dep by Tata - 1st 2 claims every year covered in full. In a conundrum what to do.......! Any suggestions from others who's suffered a similar fate????

Irwin

Last edited by ipsanand : 27th June 2012 at 16:21. Reason: additional info
Old 27th June 2012, 19:45   #524
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy

Traction control is a feature and has kicked in a couple of times for me. Try gunning down the accelerator on a rough patch of road and a tiny light on the mfd starts blinking.
Even better, try it with one side on tarmac and other on gravel. My daily commute in my Cruze takes me through roads with gravel and loose stone chips and heavy acceleration is a complete no no. I really wish that ASR came as standard on such powerful cars.
Old 27th June 2012, 21:22   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, the damage to my new car gave me a sleepless night... Went to the Service Center today. There's a slight deformity in the bumper which will not go off... Rest of the bumper can be repainted and set again --- will set me back by 8K.

Other option, to go back to the original state, will be to change the bumper in entirety. This will set me back by 35K.

Am covered under Zero-Dep by Tata - 1st 2 claims every year covered in full. In a conundrum what to do.......! Any suggestions from others who's suffered a similar fate????
Personally i would take the cheapest route and avoid using the insurance. The zero claim bonus are pretty high and you can use the zero dep when it is really required. Bumpers are meant to be brushed and broken in traffic. YOu may spend 35 K and replace thebumper only to scratch or dent it while simply reversing.

Just take the cheapest non insurance route in this case.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks