Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2012, 09:36   #526
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsanand View Post
....the damage to my new car gave me a sleepless night...
Am covered under Zero-Dep by Tata - 1st 2 claims every year covered in full. In a conundrum what to do.......! Any suggestions from others who's suffered a similar fate????
Irwin
Hi Irwin, sorry to hear about the mishap but glad nothing major happened to either you or the car.

Second, the car for the first six months is covered under zero depreciation by all insurance vendors end to end. If the expense of repairs outweighs the NCB amount I suggest go for it and get the bumper replaced (I had my brand spanking new SX4 get totalled on the drivers side completely by a sleepy truck driver in traffic - replaced both doors, front panel, both bumpers and everything on the drivers side without a cent being spent out of pocket). Remember the bumper is structurally damaged now, not once but twice has it shielded the body of the car from impact. The third time it might just give way at its most weakest point in a situation where its not supposed too and transfer the impact to the car.
Ayedongivadam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 13:48   #527
BHPian

Update on Jetta TSI:

Got a message from the Bangalore dealer:

"We have got first car dispatch from VOLKSWAGEN JETTA TSI COMFORTLINE Moon rock silver color……we will be having it in stock in next 5 days, so that you can come and have a look on the same…."

No discounts at all now (other than some minor "corporate discount")
Old 28th June 2012, 22:56   #528
Senior - BHPian

Does the Jetta have the rough road package or any form of under chassis protection? Looks like the Jetta has been subject to quite some cost cutting.
Old 29th June 2012, 01:38   #529
Senior - BHPian

@Nitinbose.

The under chassis protection is default in all three version of Jetta. The cost cutting is mostly in other forms including plastics used inside, sharing parts with other cars and other more operational effective parameters.
Old 29th June 2012, 07:34   #530
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010

Personally i would take the cheapest route and avoid using the insurance. The zero claim bonus are pretty high and you can use the zero dep when it is really required. Bumpers are meant to be brushed and broken in traffic. YOu may spend 35 K and replace thebumper only to scratch or dent it while simply reversing.

Just take the cheapest non insurance route in this case.
Yes I agree with this provided the cost of likely repairs is way below the premium that I pay.
If the cost is viciously high and is equal to or in excess of the premium I have oaid, I will claim every paisa from the insurer.

VW2010 - this is OT but is that a Bassett or a Beagle or Jack Russell in your avatar pic?
Old 29th June 2012, 08:20   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
@Nitinbose.

The under chassis protection is default in all three version of Jetta. The cost cutting is mostly in other forms including plastics used inside, sharing parts with other cars and other more operational effective parameters.

This is very strange and interesting! When you take a look at the VW website, they do not mention the Jetta has an under chassis protection, as well as traction control - except for the passat. Are they trying to push customers for the passat if they're considering a Jetta?
Old 29th June 2012, 08:57   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the cost is viciously high and is equal to or in excess of the premium I have oaid, I will claim every paisa from the insurer.
Completely agree here. My only reason was if the Bumper is still intact and it is the fibre that has got mildly hit i would leave it for some more time. The bumpers are quite strong and yet quite soft to take the beating. Once a Nano in a crawling traffic hit mine from behind only to see the nana front bumper falling down. I didnt even see a scratch in mine. If the bumper is completely out of its socket then i would change the bumper. The NCB on these cars are pretty high and one can use that 2 times B-B claim on some serious claims(Godforsaken you should never use it).

And its a Beagle.

Jetta has an under chassis protection, as well as traction control

http://www.volkswagenlive.in/volkswa..._ebrochure.pdf

Check the above brochure. It does mention about ESP
Old 29th June 2012, 10:06   #533
BHPian

I was surprised - I test drove a Jetta HL in first week of June, Placed the order for Platinum Grey HL MT on 14th June and I got delivery on 18th June...
Already drove it for 700 odd km. I am loving the drive.
Old 29th June 2012, 10:29   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1558 View Post
I was surprised - I test drove a Jetta HL in first week of June, Placed the order for Platinum Grey HL MT on 14th June and I got delivery on 18th June...
Already drove it for 700 odd km. I am loving the drive.
Which dealership was this? I guess the dealer had the color readily available. I have booked a candy white and apparently the dealer has not received any comfortline in that color and hence the waiting period.
Old 29th June 2012, 11:27   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Personally i would take the cheapest route and avoid using the insurance. The zero claim bonus are pretty high and you can use the zero dep when it is really required. Bumpers are meant to be brushed and broken in traffic. YOu may spend 35 K and replace thebumper only to scratch or dent it while simply reversing.

Just take the cheapest non insurance route in this case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
Hi Irwin, sorry to hear about the mishap but glad nothing major happened to either you or the car.

Second, the car for the first six months is covered under zero depreciation by all insurance vendors end to end. If the expense of repairs outweighs the NCB amount I suggest go for it and get the bumper replaced (I had my brand spanking new SX4 get totalled on the drivers side completely by a sleepy truck driver in traffic - replaced both doors, front panel, both bumpers and everything on the drivers side without a cent being spent out of pocket). Remember the bumper is structurally damaged now, not once but twice has it shielded the body of the car from impact. The third time it might just give way at its most weakest point in a situation where its not supposed too and transfer the impact to the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Yes I agree with this provided the cost of likely repairs is way below the premium that I pay.
Quote:
Completely agree here. My only reason was if the Bumper is still intact and it is the fibre that has got mildly hit i would leave it for some more time. The bumpers are quite strong and yet quite soft to take the beating. The NCB on these cars are pretty high and one can use that 2 times B-B claim on some serious claims(Godforsaken you should never use it).
Thanks guys.. This helps me form an opinion. The bumper is still intact, it has a couple of deep scratches and a mild dent. And the frame has been slightly bent - so the alignment of the bumped with the tail lights has gone mildly astray...

Let me post pictures shortly - that will give the perspective.

Maybe i can just cover up the scratches with the T_BHP sticker.. :-) He He..!
Old 29th June 2012, 11:35   #536
BHPian

@Shivasuma - Yes, I was lucky as VW Palace Cross had the color. The White looks very nice - good choice, I also contemplated it but was only worried about the maintaining it.
Old 4th July 2012, 17:09   #537
BHPian

so although i had booked a white HL AT Jetta, the dealer said that there was a huge shortage for the delivery of Jetta and that he was getting a new color i.e. Moonrock Silver(no other color was gonna come anytime soon) and offered to take us to their stockyard to see the color so that we could finalize(could not wait any longer but had to at least check the color first).
When i did see it at first i was not entirely convinced as the car was not completely open i.e. it had some protective covering to protect the paint but still we agreed to take it as the wait was just killing us.
Finally took delivery on the 21st of June(i know it's been a long time but was kinda busy) and man the car looked gorgeous. it's my opinion(it may be biased :P) that the jetta looks best in moon rock silver among all the colors available in India(love the blue color that was there at the US launch of the Jetta). The dealer also mentioned that this may be the first moon rock silver Jetta in India.
Have only completed around 250 km till now and i love it. This is our first automatic and have to say it is really convenient in the city and even on the highway very rarely did i feel like challenging the gear shifts made by the DSG system.
Later i got to know from the dealer that all the Jetta deliveries have been pushed to October so i feel good that we got this one.
Old 5th July 2012, 11:06   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
so although i had booked a white HL AT Jetta, ....
Finally took delivery on the 21st of June(i know it's been a long time but was kinda busy) and man the car looked gorgeous. it's my opinion(it may be biased :P) that the jetta looks best in moon rock silver among all the colors available in India(love the blue color that was there at the US launch of the Jetta)....
Congrats on your fantastic buy AL. Once you take it on the highway to stretch its long legs, you'll completely fall in love with her

Can you pls share some pics of the Moonrock color.
Old 5th July 2012, 22:21   #539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsanand View Post
Thanks guys.. This helps me form an opinion. The bumper is still intact, it has a couple of deep scratches and a mild dent. And the frame has been slightly bent - so the alignment of the bumped with the tail lights has gone mildly astray...

Let me post pictures shortly - that will give the perspective.

Maybe i can just cover up the scratches with the T_BHP sticker.. :-) He He..!
Here are a few pictures of the damage. Its probably not enough to immediately get it fixed, yet glaring enough to constantly bother me... :-(
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-nokia-lumia-800_000037.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-nokia-lumia-800_000036.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-nokia-lumia-800_000035.jpg  

Old 6th July 2012, 22:36   #540
Team-BHP Support

Autocar India's comparison between Jetta, Fluence and the Cruze:

Last edited by vb-saan : 6th July 2012 at 22:38. Reason: URL edited
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com