Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2012, 16:32   #556
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Hey congrats vkaul1...! Do provide the write-up for everyone's reference...

BTW, a couple of queries i had:

1. Have you integrated it with the HL or CL? I have a CL, was curious to know if the BT module works with the CL non-touch stereo as well?

2. Any VAG-COM coding changes required?

3. Does the iPhone/phone audio stream to the unit through the BT module? If yes, how's the audio quality?

4. Which specific module did you order from car systems - there are 2 listed on their site (3c0035730B, 7p6035730F)?

Enjoy the upgrade..! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Hey guys I got the BT module delivered & fitted by the VW service center here @ Pune..

Thanks a ton to Sid (Ayedongiveadam) for the advice on the order & even though he could not make it to the service center, the help continued on the phone

The module works like a charm & is really a convenience - as I do have to take call quite frequently on the go.

I am working on the write up & pics & hope to put it on my thread today / tomorrow.
Old 1st August 2012, 16:57   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Have you integrated it with the HL or CL? I have a CL, was curious to know if the BT module works with the CL non-touch stereo as well?
If the Cluster is a MFD and has steering controls you can still access your fone via the steering controls. The 9wz is the newest module with RSAP and should be compatible. Just drop a mail to carsystems support team on your audio system model and request for compatibility

Quote:
May be enabling the BT under 77-Telephone. We didnt do any change in VAG-COM. The fones paired right out of the box after fitting.

Quote:
3. Does the iPhone/phone audio stream to the unit through the BT module? If yes, how's the audio quality?
Audio quality depends on what kind of enthusiast we are. For normal listeners you can hardly find a reason to worry about.

Quote:
4. Which specific module did you order from car systems - there are 2 listed on their site (3c0035730B, 7p6035730F)?
Go for the 9wZ with RSAP. I got the VW Bluetooth KIT 3C8035730B - Retrofit -

Old 1st August 2012, 17:14   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsanand View Post
Hey congrats vkaul1...! Do provide the write-up for everyone's reference...

BTW, a couple of queries i had:

Hi ipsanand I have a HL AT. I am not sure if it will work with the CL stereo as the ones that I saw on car systems website are either with a touch screen or with a touch screen + MF steering. I guess will have to ask the experts for their opinion.

There were no coding changes that were done. However the BT does not work on voice commands still. I believe for that to work will need some coding changes using Ross Tech.

The other questions I believe are covered in the write up - yes it is live now
Old 1st August 2012, 22:42   #559
Senior - BHPian

Vkaul

You need to enable voice command option under steering set up in vag com for voice functions
Old 2nd August 2012, 22:46   #560
BHPian

Hi all,
I was just informed by my sales guy that the CL I had booked in april mid will probably be delivered by September(he is still not sure about this date also). Initially I had been promised delivery in may, then June, then again aug, and now September. I am contemplating canceling the booking and buying the Cruze since I need a car desperately. I just cannot understand the 5 to 6 months waiting period for a car that sells 200 units per month. Is this similar all over India? VW really needs to do something about the way they deal with customers. I dread to imagine what the after sales would be like , say, if any critical component fails and I have to wait a long time for it to be sourced.
Old 3rd August 2012, 11:42   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Hi all,
I was just informed by my sales guy that the CL I had booked in april mid will probably be delivered by September(he is still not sure about this date also). Initially I had been promised delivery in may, then June, then again aug, and now September. I am contemplating canceling the booking and buying the Cruze since I need a car desperately. I just cannot understand the 5 to 6 months waiting period for a car that sells 200 units per month. Is this similar all over India? VW really needs to do something about the way they deal with customers. I dread to imagine what the after sales would be like , say, if any critical component fails and I have to wait a long time for it to be sourced.
Thats sad and appalling, shivasuma. Not sure of the waiting times currently, however mentally be prepared that after sales could have lead times as well, if certain parts are not available. For instance - i broke the window pane of my car within the 1st week and my service center told me a replacement will take unto a month. Then, was left to me checking with every service center in NCR, and luckily one of them had the part stocked.. Else i would have been left high and dry...

Not sure how this experience compares with Cruze a$$.

But yeah, the car is good and i have no complaints as yet.
Old 3rd August 2012, 11:44   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post

Audio quality depends on what kind of enthusiast we are. For normal listeners you can hardly find a reason to worry about.

Go for the 9wZ with RSAP. I got the VW Bluetooth KIT 3C8035730B - Retrofit -

Thanks - got it... I was wondering about the audio quality cuz am wondering either to order the MDI kit or the Bluetooth kit or both... CL does not support iPod/USB and MDI unit enables that.
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:36   #563
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi all,
That is way too long. Why the Cruze? Pick up a Laura, I think you can get the Elegance DSG in a similar price to the Jetta. You will get the same engine, a slight bit less space at the rear, as good build, almost as good handling and the DSG gearbox.
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:51   #564
Senior - BHPian

Problem is that they have a good demand may be more than their internal target. So the sales are least bothered about losing a business. They are not here to sell mass numbers of Jetta or passat but more in vento and polo.

Hard luck. I feel Chennai showrooms are not as cocky as this one.
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:52   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
If I'm not wrong I am seeing castrol gtx 5w40 in my previous 3 service bills. My 2010 jet is going for service 60,000km this Monday. I will confirm again once I get the bill.
>>>

deepakchan,

Do post your service experience if you can.
I have had a very good service experience so far at my authorised workshop in Bombay. Mine is a 2009 model with DSG, done approximately 36,700 kms with three service visits, one each in 2010, 2011 & 2012.

Regards
issigonis
Old 3rd August 2012, 13:45   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
That is way too long. Why the Cruze? Pick up a Laura, I think you can get the Elegance DSG in a similar price to the Jetta. You will get the same engine, a slight bit less space at the rear, as good build, almost as good handling and the DSG gearbox.
I am all for the Laura (but scared of the A.S.S), but my wife doesnt like it. She loves the cruze.Its a women thing I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Problem is that they have a good demand may be more than their internal target. So the sales are least bothered about losing a business. They are not here to sell mass numbers of Jetta or passat but more in vento and polo.

Hard luck. I feel Chennai showrooms are not as cocky as this one.
Apparently the white CL booked for me was allocated to some other dealership in the north. Thats what I got to know from the sales person. I will be meeting the management of the dealership tomorrow and if they cannot give me the car by this month, I will cancel the booking. Thinking of getting the old 3 series CE (a couple of them still available), but I will have to extend my budget a lot. Man, never thought buying a car would be this stressful.
Old 3rd August 2012, 13:56   #567
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am all for the Laura (but scared of the A.S.S), but my wife doesnt like it. She loves the cruze.Its a women thing I guess.

Thinking of getting the old 3 series CE (a couple of them still available), but I will have to extend my budget a lot. Man, never thought buying a car would be this stressful.
Well IMO the Cruze is inferior to the Jetta in a few ways, namely build quality, ride, handling. The engine is a gem, and you get a few more features. But personally I would stick to a Jetta/Laura especially after you have decided on a Euro car.

The 3 CE is a level above in terms of driving pleasure, and you will get an extremely good deal on it. Infact try for the Dynamic variant, they probably have more of those in stock, and the iDrive is a good addition. But after you take a test drive there is no looking back
Old 3rd August 2012, 15:34   #568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

deepakchan,

Do post your service experience if you can.
I have had a very good service experience so far at my authorised workshop in Bombay. Mine is a 2009 model with DSG, done approximately 36,700 kms with three service visits, one each in 2010, 2011 & 2012.

Regards
issigonis
Wow. You drive a lot lesser than me. Mine was born in April 2010, delivered in May 2010. And has gone for a 60k service. The vehicle is ready but my driver is ill and I couldn't find the time to go pick it up myself. Should be home tomorrow. I shall test it and let you know how they've done the job.
Old 3rd August 2012, 16:24   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thinking of getting the old 3 series CE (a couple of them still available), but I will have to extend my budget a lot.
Why not a superb or a passat petrol
Old 3rd August 2012, 17:20   #570
Senior - BHPian

Are the old BMW 3 Series CE actually available? What price are they going at ?

Most Viewed