Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2012, 22:20   #631
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Nothing wrong in having them but yes they do scrap if you are fully loaded. WHen fully loaded ensure your air pressure is also at right level.
Finally, after waiting close to 20 weeks, I will be taking delivery of my Jetta, a candy white CL. I am going armed with the team-bhp PDI checklist. I might be getting the mudflaps as freebie. Are they really helpful? Anything else to look out for?

Last edited by shivasuma : 6th September 2012 at 22:24.
Old 7th September 2012, 08:12   #632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally, after waiting close to 20 weeks, I will be taking delivery of my Jetta, a candy white CL. I am going armed with the team-bhp PDI checklist. I might be getting the mudflaps as freebie. Are they really helpful? Anything else to look out for?
I have mudflaps. They do scrap but i am used to that sound when i am fully loaded. Else it never scrapes.

Do your PDI, take your time for delivery and dont rush. The first drive is always anxious and fun. Enjoy those few minutes . The car will grow on you each day. BT module is a must. It just eliminates the hassle of all wires, handsfree and what not. BT module you can get it shipped from Poland and its a week process.

Look out for insurance and ensure you have the right insurance with depreciation cover and everything. Get your papers works done early part of the day to avoid late delay.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 13:29   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post

Congrats!! Finally your long wait comes to an end. I am sure your experience with the German Lady will make you feel that the wait was worth the while.

I totally agree with VW2010, the BT module is absolutely a must have & you can also look at LED DRLs from dealextreme.

One thing to bear in mind - while it has a very sporty nature, it is a BIG car - was doing the L x W comparo & the footprint is slightly larger than Innova
So it will be slightly stressful with the new car for first few days till you get used to it (that is what it took me moving from the nifty Ikon) & then it just becomes second nature

Do share the pics once you take the delivery.

Happy Motoring.
Old 11th September 2012, 11:41   #634
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I think the Jetta is the best diesel car in the segment (Laura TSI the best petrol). However, I am completely cheesed off by the extremely poor value proposition it brings. The Jetta Trendline@15.01 lakhs ex Delhi is costlier than a fully loaded Elantra/Cruse/Fluence. The Jetta COmfortline@16.4 lakhs ex showroom Delhi is also atrociously priced. And I haven't even started talking about the Highline yet. It also strangely skimps on even quite basic features such as bluetooth, ACC, leather seats etc. I don't give a damn to the typical Hyundai 'load it to the grill mentality'.

On top of it, the recent addition of many such features to the considerably cheaper Vento brings VW's marketing into question. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-89-lakhs.html

Everywhere aronf the world, VWs are priced at a slight premium over its Jap/Kor competitors. I think on virtue of the superior cars the build, its justified too. However, in India, this 'pricing envelope' is being stretched a little too far. I might still go in for the Jetta in a few months time (coz its a great car) but will be very very annoyed paying the atrocious price they are asking.

Cheers!
Abhi.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 11th September 2012 at 11:42.
Old 11th September 2012, 17:56   #635
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Guys,
I think the Jetta is the best diesel car in the segment (Laura TSI the best petrol). However, I am completely cheesed off by the extremely poor value proposition it brings. The Jetta Trendline 15.01 lakhs ex Delhi is costlier than a fully loaded Elantra/Cruse/Fluence. The Jetta COmfortline 16.4 lakhs ex showroom Delhi is also atrociously priced. And I haven't even started talking about the Highline yet. It also strangely skimps on even quite basic features such as bluetooth, ACC, leather seats etc. I don't give a damn to the typical Hyundai 'load it to the grill mentality'.
On top of it, the recent addition of many such features to the considerably cheaper Vento brings VW's marketing into question.

Everywhere aronf the world, VWs are priced at a slight premium over its Jap/Kor competitors. I think on virtue of the superior cars the build, its justified too.
Quite aligned with your thoughts on the Jetta. It is indeed overpriced – probably to cater the bloated ego of VW to remain premium compared to its sibling Skoda. But if you consider the basics of a car, it is indeed the best option available in the segment. Looks good, loaded on safety, quality fittings and above all the awesome 140ps diesel engine.

It may not have some of the comfort features available in a segment lower (Vento), but on the other hand, it’s quite on par (or even better in some aspects) with the expensive sibling Audi A4.

On a lighter note, just an analogy – if you are into digital camera’s you might have noticed that a Canon Powershot/IXUS have some added fancy features in comparison to the EOS DSLRs. That does not mean that the former is better than the EOS. I guess the same holds true in this case as well
vb-saan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 23:51   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Quite aligned with your thoughts on the Jetta. It is indeed overpriced – probably to cater the bloated ego of VW to remain premium compared to its sibling Skoda. But if you consider the basics of a car, it is indeed the best option available in the segment. Looks good, loaded on safety, quality fittings and above all the awesome 140ps diesel engine.

It may not have some of the comfort features available in a segment lower (Vento), but on the other hand, it’s quite on par (or even better in some aspects) with the expensive sibling Audi A4.

On a lighter note, just an analogy – if you are into digital camera’s you might have noticed that a Canon Powershot/IXUS have some added fancy features in comparison to the EOS DSLRs. That does not mean that the former is better than the EOS. I guess the same holds true in this case as well
Not into cameras much but got the drift (in fact always had the drift). Since it is a quality product, I may still go for it despite the poor pricing.

Having said that, the Elantra selling well augurs well for aspirants of other cars. I am hoping to get somewhat bigger discount than normal thanks to a rival selling superbly.
Old 12th September 2012, 06:57   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Not into cameras much but got the drift (in fact always had the drift). Since it is a quality product, I may still go for it despite the poor pricing.

Having said that, the Elantra selling well augurs well for aspirants of other cars. I am hoping to get somewhat bigger discount than normal thanks to a rival selling superbly.
Let me know if you are buying the Jetta. I can try and get you a good discount. I got 48K off as corp discount plus 30K off on insurance. I also got free mats and mudflaps. I could have squeezed another 10K but was too excited about getting the jetta after a long wait that I just let it go.
Old 12th September 2012, 12:44   #638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Let me know if you are buying the Jetta. I can try and get you a good discount. I got 48K off as corp discount plus 30K off on insurance. I also got free mats and mudflaps. I could have squeezed another 10K but was too excited about getting the jetta after a long wait that I just let it go.
Thanks buddy! But I've shifted base to Delhi (Gurgaon), at least fr now, and thus will not be buying the car from Bangalore. Overall, I think you got close to a lakh off on the Jetta, which is fantastic.
Old 12th September 2012, 13:26   #639
BHPian

Quote:
Wow.. That's quite a discount that you have been able to squeeze out. I guess VW with the new leadership seems to be waking up to the realities

Last week in Pune they had organised a brunch etc for Jetta & Passat owners. While I was travelling & could not attend it, good client engagement effort I must say.
Old 14th September 2012, 00:43   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Hi shiva, congrats on your jetta. Was it bharti AXA insurance that you got 30k off on ? Did you try getting quotes from ICICI or TATA AIG? As far as I know, self insurance runs cheaper than from the dealer. I was also offered 30k off on the insurance on my jetta HL, but went against it as ICICI was cheaper and plus its a zero dep policy.

Cheers.
Old 14th September 2012, 08:33   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1

Wow.. That's quite a discount that you have been able to squeeze out. I guess VW with the new leadership seems to be waking up to the realities

Last week in Pune they had organised a brunch etc for Jetta & Passat owners. While I was travelling & could not attend it, good client engagement effort I must say.
The brunch you are talking about, was it from Volkswagen or bu bhandari ?
Old 17th September 2012, 15:05   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetanya Sharma View Post
Hi shiva, congrats on your jetta. Was it bharti AXA insurance that you got 30k off on ? Did you try getting quotes from ICICI or TATA AIG? As far as I know, self insurance runs cheaper than from the dealer. I was also offered 30k off on the insurance on my jetta HL, but went against it as ICICI was cheaper and plus its a zero dep policy.

Cheers.
Hi Chetanya,
The dealer initially quoted about 65K for the insurance. I got a quote of 35K from Tata AIG (my i20 insurer).I told the dealer that I was going to get it done from outside, but the dealer agreed to match it. Hence went with the in-house insurance. I will post an initial impression soon. The car is a joy to drive, though I wish the steering provided more feedback.
Old 22nd September 2012, 20:46   #643
BHPian

Went to the workshop for the first service today. A year has passed already! Pretty much hassle free except a couple of bumps which aren't the car's fault obviously. Will update my thread after the car is back on Monday.

The estimate for the first service is around Rs 13500. Sounded a bit high to me, but don't really have a sense. Does it sound about alright? Also getting done extra interior cleaning done which will cost extra.
Old 22nd September 2012, 22:05   #644
Senior - BHPian

13.5 looks at the right ball park. I have major scratches in rear bumper courtesy my dog. I have given up hope on keeping it spec free.

Do check wiper fluid and blades.. They usually forget to top up and check this.
Old 22nd September 2012, 23:25   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
Went to the workshop for the first service today. A year has passed already! Pretty much hassle free except a couple of bumps which aren't the car's fault obviously. Will update my thread after the car is back on Monday.

The estimate for the first service is around Rs 13500. Sounded a bit high to me, but don't really have a sense. Does it sound about alright? Also getting done extra interior cleaning done which will cost extra.
13.5K sounds ok to me considering I spend about 10K+ on my i20 per year (2 services). Jetta being an executive sedan, it should be fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks