Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2012, 13:14   #646
BHPian

Thanks for the confirmation and suggestions. Reminded them about the wipers and fluid when I gave it. Am getting a full interior cleaning done as well. The beige seats need maintenance.

They will do ecu software updates anyway Apart from that, have asked them to check for updates to the rcd 510 as well.
Old 25th September 2012, 13:11   #647
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Hello Everyone,

I have been accepted very recently onto the community. I am from Hyderabad, have been following this thread for quite sometime now. There is a small information i had across and would like to share.

1. A new branch of P.P.S Motors is now open at somajiguda, Hyderabad.

2. Extended Warranty now available for vw jetta costing at 6500/- a year.

3. The Bluetooth model available for the vento is compatible with jetta is what i have been told.

Though the same vw genes are carried over to this dealership as well with improper information etc, the sales personnel seem to be responsive. The person i met was MR Kesav Kiran(sales consultant). He doesn't seem professional, but gets the job done and is promising in his actions.

This particular dealership had me confused for the " Moonrock silver" color claiming it to be "Mocha metallic"( was even debriefed that it was a combination of brown and gold).

Decided to hold the booking of the same, hoping vw might come up with something for the jetta as they did with the vento, polo( optional features).
And as well are confused whether to book a car in the end of 2012 or wait till jan 2013.
Old 25th September 2012, 14:59   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have been accepted very recently onto the community. I am from Hyderabad, have been following this thread for quite sometime now. There is a small information i had across and would like to share.

2. Extended Warranty now available for vw jetta costing at 6500/- a year.
Welcome to the forum. You will find a wealth of information here that will help you immensely.
Are you sure about the EW for Jetta? I just spoke to my sales consultant and he said its still not out.
Old 25th September 2012, 15:32   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Welcome to the forum. You will find a wealth of information here that will help you immensely.
Are you sure about the EW for Jetta? I just spoke to my sales consultant and he said its still not out.

Thank you,

been digging deep into the thread. And yes Extended warranty is available for jetta in Hyderabad. I spoke to the regional sales manager on the same day. Heard the same from him. So within a months time it shall be available all over India is what i am guessing.

I haven't confirmed it from any other dealership in Hyderabad. Will let you know in case i do.
Old 25th September 2012, 18:04   #650
BHPian

I have read almost all the VW Jetta ownership threads, refering to the below thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...line-mt-6.html

seems so the VW horror stories are getting pathetic day by day. Makes me wonder whether opting VW out of all the other brands out there is a jeopardous decision.

The Harmony of her's is slowly turning out to be horrenduos! Hope things get better for all the VW customers out there!
Old 27th September 2012, 17:34   #651

This is my first ever post as a BHPian! Quite exciting to be part of this community with the amout of Knowledge you guys posses and share.

On a different note I have just booked the New Jetta CL TDI in moonrock silver and should be getting delivery in the 1st week of october.Very excited and will definitely put up some pictures of the beauty once she arrives.

There is a minimum of 3 months waiting on the Jetta in all the showrooms in Bombay and I was lucky to get my hands on this one from Downtown VW. Had booked the Vento previously but one TD and the Vento was history.

I just hope the VW services gets better from what I have read.Its worth the risk after one TD though.The Jetta just drives like a charm.

Looking forward to being the newest BHPian!
Old 1st October 2012, 19:05   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
The brunch you are talking about, was it from Volkswagen or bu bhandari ?
I stand corrected. it was by B U Bhandari. I must say based on whatever interactions I have had with them - be it sales / service it has been top notch.
Going for my first service this week, will update on how it goes.
Old 1st October 2012, 19:33   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrallinc
This is my first ever post as a BHPian! Quite exciting to be part of this community with the amout of Knowledge you guys posses and share.

On a different note I have just booked the New Jetta CL TDI in moonrock silver and should be getting delivery in the 1st week of october.Very excited and will definitely put up some pictures of the beauty once she arrives. history.

I just hope the VW services gets better from what I have read.Its worth the risk after one TD though.The Jetta just drives like a charm.
Welcome to Tbhp and the Jetta owner's club. Congratulations on owning this beautiful piece of engineering. It excels in luxury and performance alike. Quite a few Jettas on this forum have been bought following a casual test drive. The car is a magnet.

My Jetta just celebrated her first birthday on 28 September. Took her for the mandatory first service at VW Downtown Mumbai workshop. Apart from the slight appointment goof up, everything went pretty smoothly. Got a bill southwards of 12000.

Saw a few beetles and a phaeton while I was waiting. ;-)
Old 2nd October 2012, 09:53   #654

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Welcome to Tbhp and the Jetta owner's club. Congratulations on owning this beautiful piece of engineering. It excels in luxury and performance alike. Quite a few Jettas on this forum have been bought following a casual test drive. The car is a magnet.

My Jetta just celebrated her first birthday on 28 September. Took her for the mandatory first service at VW Downtown Mumbai workshop. Apart from the slight appointment goof up, everything went pretty smoothly. Got a bill southwards of 12000.

Yeah you bang on! the TD did it and I am sure it will keep doing this to future Jetta owners. All it needs is a TD but lots of extra moolah too.

Congratulations on your woman's first Birthday! I should be getting delivery this weekend hopefully and these guys are giving NOTHING with the car. Absolutely nothing except for some discount on the insurance. The only reason why showrooms can be this cocky now for the Jetta is because of the low production numbers with has resulted in minimum 3 months waiting preiod. What a bummer!

Looking forward to driving this baby soon.
Old 11th October 2012, 08:59   #655
BHPian

Test drove the Jetta 2.0 TDI Comfortline yesterday. Came away highly underwhelmed by its interiors. After all the hype surrounding its cabin, I expected something more avanatgarde for the cabin I guess. The last Jetta blew me away with its interiors. Not that the quality of this Jetta's interiors is bad. It's just not as good. Which was to be expected considering that world over it had been reported that the new Jetta will cut more costs, but the prices have gone northward anyway. The features are missing. The special feel is gone. All that the Jetta is left with then is the brilliant engine and its utility. Emphasis being on utility not luxury.

The car might be brilliant, but in my opinion it lets the older generation down by a healthy margin. And considering that this is one of the best cockpits that a sub 20L available in India Car has, it makes me wonder if for 20L a manufacturer cannot give us just that little bit more.
Old 11th October 2012, 17:03   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
Test drove the Jetta 2.0 TDI Comfortline yesterday. Came away highly underwhelmed by its interiors. After all the hype surrounding its cabin, I expected something more avanatgarde for the cabin I guess. The last Jetta blew me away with its interiors. Not that the quality of this Jetta's interiors is bad. It's just not as good. Which was to be expected considering that world over it had been reported that the new Jetta will cut more costs, but the prices have gone northward anyway. The features are missing. The special feel is gone. All that the Jetta is left with then is the brilliant engine and its utility. Emphasis being on utility not luxury.

The car might be brilliant, but in my opinion it lets the older generation down by a healthy margin. And considering that this is one of the best cockpits that a sub 20L available in India Car has, it makes me wonder if for 20L a manufacturer cannot give us just that little bit more.
I completely agree with you on this. Jetta is highly over priced and not a VFM car. I also took the test drive of Jetta TDI Highline and somehow, did not appeal me that much for a hefty dent of 21L (onroad Mumbai). I would rather go for Cruze LTZ 2.0 which is ~16L (onroad Mumbai).
Old 11th October 2012, 19:54   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adit View Post
I completely agree with you on this. Jetta is highly over priced and not a VFM car. I also took the test drive of Jetta TDI Highline and somehow, did not appeal me that much for a hefty dent of 21L (onroad Mumbai). I would rather go for Cruze LTZ 2.0 which is ~16L (onroad Mumbai).
The difference between the Highline and LTZ is around 4L in Bangalore (OTR prices). Plus you get nearly 50K off as corp discount on the Jetta wheras its 10K on the cruze. So effectively, the difference comes to around 3.5L. I assume the difference would be slightly lower in Mumbai because of lower taxes.
Old 12th October 2012, 01:25   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

I also took the "Black Pearl" for the 1st service on 5th Oct (one day before the b'day - as I was travelling out) to VW Pune West. All went fine & they did a good job of it. The only challenge was that they had a backlog of cars from previous day. Hence even though I had the first appointment & had reached @ 9:30, they only started work on it after 12.

Got done by 4 pm with a bill of approx 9850. The drive was clearly smoother on the way back (not sure if it was in my mind ). Left town the next day so have not got a chance to drive it out more.

Will share some pics once I am back.
Old 12th October 2012, 08:50   #659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I completely agree with you on this. Jetta is highly over priced and not a VFM car
I am not sure if Jetta was ever a VFM car. The moment we talk VFM we will drop the idea of buying any German cars.

The VFM is a point in the price curve which is different for different people.

Someone having the surplus to buy a Buggati will find any other car below that price point a VFM
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2012, 09:01   #660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I am not sure if Jetta was ever a VFM car. The moment we talk VFM we will drop the idea of buying any German cars.
Depends on our POV, once you own these cars the POV really changes. I think of Jetta as a basic version of more expensive German cars Like A4, sharing most of the hardware, offering similar performance at half the price(lowest variant).
.anshuman is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks