Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2013, 08:28   #736
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
My Aug 2012 Jetta AT has clocked 7000kms and is only driven by me. Post 1200kms the interiors starting rattling and till date they do
Hi Chetanya,

Is it creaking or rattling. Ratting must be evident loose plastic contacts. Creaking is something very difficult to investigate.

- Check the rear, top brake light mount. During sun film installation they may have slightly adjusted to stick the film. The plastic will rattle as it rests on the windshield.
Home remedy is to just cut a small rubber piece and slide it at the contact point.

- The air intake
http://www.grcea.com/volkswagen-jett...n-jetta-engine

These plastics rattle if they are not snugly fit as they are clip mounted. The rattling may appear to come from inside, while its actually from the outside.

- Vanity mirrors

- Doors - Have someone with you who will drive the car and you inspect the rattle source. And mostly the rattle will happen at around 1000-1200 RPM after which the engine gets smooth and you cannot notice is.(having said that, check if its rattling because of bumps or just engine vibration).

- Not to sound dumb, but check any loose change, screws or anything in the storage compartment across the car.

All said and done locating the source of the sound is important.

@Drag_Vader,

Quote:
(1) has anyone faced this problem with Jetta ?
(2) if you start getting random errors and the self doesn't start it is most likely a battery issue rather than that specific error (atleast from this experience)
- It looks like a loose circuit somewhere eating your battery. Was there any mods with respect to electrical done?
Old 13th January 2013, 11:43   #737

Is it available on the Comfort line as well pls?
Old 14th January 2013, 23:25   #738

Quick question, hows the audio in the Jetta Comfort line if you compare it to Laura? I've finally narrowed down my decision to Laura or Jetta!
Old 15th January 2013, 07:57   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayzu View Post
Quick question, hows the audio in the Jetta Comfort line if you compare it to Laura? I've finally narrowed down my decision to Laura or Jetta!
Don't know about comfort line but the audio in highline is pretty decent(could be a similar setup)
Old 15th January 2013, 10:03   #740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hows the audio in the Jetta Comfort line if you compare it to Laura?
To be honest, very little difference between these two. Adequate and more than enough is the right answer for 95% of the buyers. For audio junkies nothing satisfies them no matter what.

Both have good low, mid and high tones with favorable bass. Hardly we push the volume above mid point and even bad song files play quite well.
Old 15th January 2013, 18:20   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
Don't know about comfort line but the audio in highline is pretty decent(could be a similar setup)
The audio in Comfortline is closer to the one in Laura. The Highline has a RCD 510 touchscreen system.

Jayzu having said that I don't think the audio should be the breaking point in your decision making on one vs the other. My 2 cents would be to go for the Jetta (not because I own & love it ) simply because it is a new model & the Laura will be soon phased out with the new Octavia round the corner.
Old 15th January 2013, 22:16   #742
BHPian

Actually the RCD 510 touchscreen system that is housed in the Jetta HL is effectively the same as the touchscreen Bolero unit found in the Laura L&K and the vRS i.e. the range-topping diesel and petrol Lauras respectively. So you don't actually miss out on that in a Laura.

Jayzu, which respective trim are you considering within the two VW group cousins?

While the Jetta is a terrific car; I've always maintained that the Highline isn't the most VFM trim going around. On the other hand, for almost the same price tag, the Laura L&K has an awesome level of kit and will kick the Jetta HL anytime of the week...and twice on national holidays. If it hadn't been for the next gen Laura (Octavia Mk III) around the corner, I'd say within the two, just pick the L&K with your eyes closed.

So I ask again: what is your urgency to buy? With the new Octavia coming soon and with everything that's already reported about it, it might just be worth your while mate.

Last edited by Omtoatom : 15th January 2013 at 22:19.
Old 16th January 2013, 08:39   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
So I ask again: what is your urgency to buy? With the new Octavia coming soon and with everything that's already reported about it, it might just be worth your while mate.
New Octavia will be entering in production in July 2013, consider 2 months more when it arrives in market.
Old 16th January 2013, 09:02   #744
Distinguished - BHPian

Wait for the new Octavia, a couple of months here and there does not matter - from the Autocar India article this month, it seems to be a very very good car.
For me: it's has reduced 100 kgs and the 1.8TSi in it makes 177BHP (17 BHP more than the current Laura TSi)
Old 16th January 2013, 11:48   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
New Octavia will be entering in production in July 2013, consider 2 months more when it arrives in market.
From where did you get this dubious July 2013 production news? Are you talking about the global production or Indian assembly (it's a CKD)?

Globally, it will enter production in March 2012 and I am hoping that it makes it to our shored in Q3.

Any inside info that I am unaware of is always welcome.

Quote:
I assume that you're talking of the diesel versions, right? Else, why would you buy a petrol 1.4TSI with 122bhp when you get a 160bhp with the Laura's 1.8TSI? The whole point of buying a petrol car these days is to have a fun and fast car (if you don't get that; what the hell!)

BTW, if you're not in a hurry, I'd seriously recommend waiting for the MK3 Octavia. It beats the Jetta hollow in each and every department. I am doing the same

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th January 2013 at 12:59. Reason: ONLY 2 smileys per post please...
Old 16th January 2013, 11:58   #746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
From where did you get this dubious July 2013 production news? Are you talking about the global production or Indian assembly (it's a CKD)?

Globally, it will enter production in March 2012 and I am hoping that it makes it to our shored in Q3.

Any inside info that I am unaware of is always welcome.

I assume that you're talking of the diesel versions, right? Else, why would you buy a petrol 1.4TSI with 122bhp when you get a 160bhp with the Laura's 1.8TSI? The whole point of buying a petrol car these days is to have a fun and fast car (if you don't get that; what the hell!)

BTW, if you're not in a hurry, I'd seriously recommend waiting for the MK3 Octavia. It beats the Jetta hollow in each and every department. I am doing the same
I am talking about Indian CKD production.
you have answered your own doubt in OffTopic flag.

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th January 2013 at 12:59. Reason: Please avoid quoting smileys, pictures, videos and large texts, thanks
Nicky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 12:06   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
I am talking about Indian CKD production.
you have answered your own doubt in OffTopic flag.
Is this coming from the Horse's mouth then? Your concrete info can seriously help me either wait or go for the Jetta (coz I can't wait till the turn of the year for the Octavia)

If you've heard it from a reliable source and thus quoting the dates, I'd be much confident while waiting Can you confirm (with the source credentials;not the name etc.)

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 16th January 2013 at 12:07.
Old 16th January 2013, 12:14   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Is this coming from the Horse's mouth then?
Source is not needed in this case.
Old 1st February 2013, 22:19   #749
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is this coming from the Horse's mouth then? Your concrete info can seriously help me either wait or go for the Jetta (coz I can't wait till the turn of the year for the Octavia)

If you've heard it from a reliable source and thus quoting the dates, I'd be much confident while waiting Can you confirm (with the source credentials;not the name etc.)
To make things difficult, Skoda India is offering 1.8 TSI DSG now :-) Check http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/L...echnical-Specs
Old 11th February 2013, 16:09   #750
BHPian

I have a 2010 Jetta and off late I have noticed a strange ghoon-ghoon sound emanating from the rear. It occurs only when there is someone sitting at the back.

It's a strange scrapping sorta of a sound which occurs periodically so it seems to suggest some scrapping somewhere but I am not sure. I have checked the wheel well and can't find anything out of the ordinary.

The workshop guys say its because of the tyre but the tyres don't have any unusual wear and neither have I clocked a lot of kms on them (26K to be exact).

Could this really be a tyre issue or is this something else?
Has anyone experienced this in their cars?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks