Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2013, 17:41   #781
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
This headunit is made specifically for VW cars by Blaupunkt. It doesn't void the warranty as far as I know. The dealership offered only two options w.r.t. the HU, either Caska or MegaAudio. Both were as expensive as the Blaupunkt one.

I do not have great opinion about Caska and MegaAudio I think is just one of the white labelled Chinese brands. I decided to trust Blaupunkt and I am glad that I did!
Where did you get the HU from and what was the cost. A very decent choice compared to Caska, Mega for sure.
Old 28th April 2013, 17:58   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Where did you get the HU from and what was the cost. A very decent choice compared to Caska, Mega for sure.
I got it from a local dealer whom I personally know. I was told that this unit is not available for sale in India and is very hard to source. Not sure how much truth is in that claim, because my box came with a INR price tag and MMI micro sd card. It is true however that this unit is not listed in Blaupunkt's 2013 product catalog and most dealers are unaware of it.

For the price, please refer to my previous post, which I have updated few minutes back.
MandarMax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 19:27   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Purchased the Jetta TL diesel on 11th April.

And this Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 headunit:
Congrats MandarMax on a great buy and even better upgrade. Thank god you did not go for the mentioned chinese crap for your HU upgrade. This Blaupunkt unit - http://www.blaupunkt.de/index.php?id=959&no_cache=1&L=1&tx_ddfproducts2_pi 1[view]=2163 is a cracker and custom built for OE fit into VAG cars. I am considering the same for my Superb and even for my Fortuner. A detailed review of the same would be most appreciated.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2013, 21:06   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Are you considering the Trendline version by the way?
I am confused between CL and HL(MT). Though CL makes most sense if one goes by the price of the car and what it has to offer, but I really want steering mounted BT Phone controls and would like to avoid any aftermarket fitments. Also, I find the alloys on HL too good to resist. So, still confused!!
Old 29th April 2013, 15:50   #785
BHPian

A stupid problem happened today. As mentioned earlier, I had the boot handle camera delivered yesterday and I had someone come over to fit the camera today. While the person was halfway through his work - the old handle was removed, and the new handled was fitted but the wires that release the lock were not connected and the boot was closed by accident. Now I am unable to open it using either the key or the boot release button as the necessary wires are not connected. The trendline doesn't come with a centre armrest and the mechanism to fold the seats is accessible only from the boot. So there is no easy way to open the boot now. A complete deadlock situation!

The workshop guys told told me that they don't know any easy solution but if I take the car to the workshop, they will try to open the seats from the bottom. (Not sure how). Will take the car to the workshop first thing tomorrow morning.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 29th April 2013, 17:19   #786
BHPian

Read on internet forums; you can still open the boot with the key but you just have to use a little more force than you normally would. Do try and let us know if that works!
Old 29th April 2013, 17:29   #787
BHPian

Quote:
A stupid problem happened today. As mentioned earlier, I had the boot handle camera delivered yesterday and I had someone come over to fit the camera today. While the person was halfway through his work - the old handle was removed, and the new handled was fitted but the wires that release the lock were not connected and the boot was closed by accident. Now I am unable to open it using either the key or the boot release button as the necessary wires are not connected. The trendline doesn't come with a centre armrest and the mechanism to fold the seats is accessible only from the boot. So there is no easy way to open the boot now. A complete deadlock situation!

The workshop guys told told me that they don't know any easy solution but if I take the car to the workshop, they will try to open the seats from the bottom. (Not sure how). Will take the car to the workshop first thing tomorrow morning.

Hey Mandar, Sorry to hear about your situation and hope you get it sorted. While i cannot help you i would like some suggestions from you.
I have a Highline AT Jetta and i wanted to know if it was a good idea to go in for the Blaupunkt system you have brought considering i already have the RCD 510. What i am missing is the Bluetooth Functionality(not really a priority since it is there in the TomTom Device i have that makes up for the lack of navigation) and the option to add a subwoofer(Would really like to have one). What i wanted to know is how is the UI of the Philadelphia 835? I mean is it good because almost all the aftermarket touchscreen systems that i have seen have a really cheap UI and there aren't really any videos of the 835 online so that i could check. Also is the touch panel resistive or capacitive?
Also could you share the link of the boot handle camera that you ordered.
Sorry to badger you with all these questions and hope you get your problem sorted and do update about the same.
Cheers!
Old 29th April 2013, 17:30   #788
BHPian

Just realized: the forum I read wasn't latest and seems like Jetta does not have a place to insert key to open boot! Sorry! Don't own one yet so missed this part! Does it really not have a keyhole? Not even one hidden somewhere?

Quote:

Just checked with the Pune dealership; the contact person told me that there is a place to insert the key behind the rear seat headrests. This part is mechanical and you would hear a click when the seat unlocks. You can then fold the seat and enter the boot.

Was I of any help this time around? I did ask multiple times with that guy just to confirm.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, [url="http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announcements/78140-how-multi-quote-when-replying-thread-team-bhp.html"]click here[/URL
].

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th April 2013 at 18:38.
Old 29th April 2013, 19:59   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_treiber View Post
Just checked with the Pune dealership; the contact person told me that there is a place to insert the key behind the rear seat headrests. This part is mechanical and you would hear a click when the seat unlocks. You can then fold the seat and enter the boot.

Was I of any help this time around? I did ask multiple times with that guy just to confirm.
There is no such place behind the headrests to insert the key. Which dealership/person did you check this with?

Before posting on this thread I did speak with one of the senior engineers at B.U. Bhandari to find out options and he certainly didn't know if such a method existed, neither did I find any place to open the seats during my many attempts this afternoon.

Anyway, thanks for your efforts. I will visit the workshop tomorrow and post details here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
Hey Mandar, Sorry to hear about your situation and hope you get it sorted. While i cannot help you i would like some suggestions from you.
I have a Highline AT Jetta and i wanted to know if it was a good idea to go in for the Blaupunkt system you have brought considering i already have the RCD 510. What i am missing is the Bluetooth Functionality(not really a priority since it is there in the TomTom Device i have that makes up for the lack of navigation) and the option to add a subwoofer(Would really like to have one). What i wanted to know is how is the UI of the Philadelphia 835? I mean is it good because almost all the aftermarket touchscreen systems that i have seen have a really cheap UI and there aren't really any videos of the 835 online so that i could check. Also is the touch panel resistive or capacitive?
Also could you share the link of the boot handle camera that you ordered.
Sorry to badger you with all these questions and hope you get your problem sorted and do update about the same.
Cheers!
I think it would be better to add the bluetooth functionality to RCD 510 instead of getting the Blaupunkt HU. Check carsystems.pl and also search this forum as many bhpians have done that already. Also I am not sure how the Philadelphia unit will work with the front and rear parking sensors.

Regarding the boot handle camera, this is what I ordered: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HD-Ca...708892598.html

Please note that my installation is not yet complete (due to the above fiasco), so hold on your decision until my confirmation
Old 29th April 2013, 20:18   #790
BHPian

Quote:
I think it would be better to add the bluetooth functionality to RCD 510 instead of getting the Blaupunkt HU. Check carsystems.pl and also search this forum as many bhpians have done that already. Also I am not sure how the Philadelphia unit will work with the front and rear parking sensors.

Regarding the boot handle camera, this is what I ordered: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HD-Ca...708892598.html

Please note that my installation is not yet complete (due to the above fiasco), so hold on your decision until my confirmation
Thanks for the link.... Will wait for your feedback on that.
About the 835 I don't really care much about bluetooth and from what I read the parking sensors work just fine with the 835. Have you changed the speakers and added a sub woofer or are you using the stock setup? I was more interested in whether I would be able to install a sub woofer in the boot and be able to connect it to the 835

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th April 2013 at 20:47. Reason: fixing quote
Old 29th April 2013, 20:58   #791
BHPian

Quote:
There is no such place behind the headrests to insert the key. Which dealership/person did you check this with?
I checked with the sales person who attended to me at BU Bhandari. He seemed pretty sure of what he told me.
Old 30th April 2013, 05:44   #792
BHPian

Quote:

Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 supports front and rear parking as per their website. Afaik parktronics go over canbus. So there are no seperate wires for sensors.
Old 1st May 2013, 17:49   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Anyway, thanks for your efforts. I will visit the workshop tomorrow and post details here.
Any updates on this? I was just curious if the keys won't work on doors as well if, in case, the battery dies out? Or am I wrong here and the keys would anyways work without battery (or say, with dead battery)?
Old 3rd May 2013, 11:43   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_treiber View Post
Any updates on this? I was just curious if the keys won't work on doors as well if, in case, the battery dies out? Or am I wrong here and the keys would anyways work without battery (or say, with dead battery)?
Sorry for replying so late. Had been extremely busy this week at work, plus to make matters worse a Piaggio tempo scratched the Jetta's left hand side door while I was waiting for a signal so I had to send the car for getting fixed (It's such a beautiful car, I just couldn't live with the scratch!)

Anyway, you were right that there is a slot just behind the rear left headrest where you can insert a screwdriver and collapse the rear seat, but we found that only after some trial and error. Not that it is difficult to locate, but because some plastic from the rear seats was still not removed (the car is still new), it was difficult to see it at first. Even the guys at workshop didn't know this, it's not mentioned in their manuals I was told. I haven't still checked my own user's manual though.

Anyway, thanks a ton for the help! Really appreciate it.

I will post photos of the slot as soon as the car is back. It will help others if they get into a similar situation.

Regarding the rear camera, it's installed but it's not connected properly, so I will know about it only after the car is back next week. I am worried that the trendline most probably doesn't have CAN bus input present near the HU, I checked the original RCD030 which came with the car and it doesn't have the CAN bus inputs, so most probably the cables would not be present. I will need to check that and the cables are not present I will need some kind of jugaad to get the inputs from the BCM. I don't even know where the BCM is located, secondly I would need to find the pinout diagram to locate the CAN H and CAN L outputs on the BCM. Any help regarding this would be appreciated.
Old 3rd May 2013, 16:50   #795
BHPian

Quote:

Sorry for replying so late. Had been extremely busy this week at work, plus to make matters worse a Piaggio tempo scratched the Jetta's left hand side door while I was waiting for a signal so I had to send the car for getting fixed (It's such a beautiful car, I just couldn't live with the scratch!)

Anyway, you were right that there is a slot just behind the rear left headrest where you can insert a screwdriver and collapse the rear seat, but we found that only after some trial and error. Not that it is difficult to locate, but because some plastic from the rear seats was still not removed (the car is still new), it was difficult to see it at first. Even the guys at workshop didn't know this, it's not mentioned in their manuals I was told. I haven't still checked my own user's manual though.

Anyway, thanks a ton for the help! Really appreciate it.

I will post photos of the slot as soon as the car is back. It will help others if they get into a similar situation.

Regarding the rear camera, it's installed but it's not connected properly, so I will know about it only after the car is back next week. I am worried that the trendline most probably doesn't have CAN bus input present near the HU, I checked the original RCD030 which came with the car and it doesn't have the CAN bus inputs, so most probably the cables would not be present. I will need to check that and the cables are not present I will need some kind of jugaad to get the inputs from the BCM. I don't even know where the BCM is located, secondly I would need to find the pinout diagram to locate the CAN H and CAN L outputs on the BCM. Any help regarding this would be appreciated.
Glad to hear you got access to your boot and a good thing to know for us as well.
Sad to hear about the accident. What happened to the car exactly and what kind of repairs are being done? Just curious cause I there is a small scratch on my car as well but it's not really noticeable and I was told that the whole door would need to be repainted which is a bit too expensive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks