Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2013, 16:16   #811
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
The current discount in Bangalore is 1.25L cash discount + 20K Corp discount. You should be able to get this in Pune too.
Here also it was the same discount for 2012 models till last month. In fact was able to manage another 30k from the dealer after some hard negotiation. Not sure if it has changed for June. Dealer saying there is no change.
But for some reason, none of the dealers here have comfortline in stock. Only trendlines available.
Old 4th June 2013, 22:42   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsoboy View Post
Hey, did you get any revert from bhandari.
Sorry mate! I have been running real busy as I am travelling to the US this weekend. Will try to get the details asap.

Quote:
And if I may ask, what are the discounts you're getting on the car in Pune
As of last month, insurance was free on Jetta HL.
Old 7th June 2013, 10:25   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Here also it was the same discount for 2012 models till last month. In fact was able to manage another 30k from the dealer after some hard negotiation. Not sure if it has changed for June. Dealer saying there is no change.
But for some reason, none of the dealers here have comfortline in stock. Only trendlines available.
Well the comfortline is more or less out of stock now at the Aurangabad plant. Had this checked last month before buying the jetta CL. As far as I remember only the Moonrock Silver was available at the plant.
If you're very keen on the comfortline you could perhaps ask the dealer to source it from another city where a CL might be available.

I managed to get a discount of 1.93L from the dealer and VW combined .
There is no change in the scheme which came out in May for the Jetta and the Passat.
PS- This is worth a mention : Quoting the words of VW Head for North India "There is no EW offered on the Jetta nor the Passat throughtout the country". When I quizzed him on the possibilty of the same in the future, he was not sure as there is no hunch of it either and no intimation on the same.
Old 7th June 2013, 11:41   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Hi mandarmax, I'm also in the process of getting a Jetta TL. Wanted help from you regarding the ICE upgrade as the stock system is really basic.
I'm really liking the blaupunkt system, and there's another megaaudio system that looks interesting, but the dealer is not ready to supply them and says the warranty might get void if I get it from outside. I know that warranty should not be a problem as long as there's no wire cutting, but I'm still scared. You never know how these dealers behave and look for an excuse to void the warranty. What are your views on this. Did you check with your service guys about this before installing. Do you think its worth taking a chance.
Also, have you been able to activate your camera. Last you wrote that its installed but not working properly.
About the ICE, the only option the dealership is giving me is a Nippon HU that they had in the ventp IPL edition. It's for about 32k including hr camera and saves me the worries about warranty. Does anybody have experience about this system?
A lot of people are also suggesting the RCD 510. There's some guy running a website called vagtune who has this system available. Checked the Baggins reviews on this forum only and the've been generally good. Not sure if it is available anywhere else in Mumbai. Help here also would be appreciated. Vagtune is selling for about 35k without GPS and and 55k with GPS.
So considering all the above warranty issues etc. What do you think would be the best option - blaupunkt, megaaudio, Nippon OEM or the RCD 510.
Help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Hi Fatsoboy, sorry for the late reply. I do not think the Blaupunkt unit voids the warranty especially when the dealer himself installs cheap China made white-labelled HUs like MegaAudio. In my opinion the Blaupunkt HU is pretty good. The sound quality is excellent, even the stock speakers sound so good. The Bluetooth, MMI Navigation etc. features work flawlessly. The screen is good and touch is responsive. Most importantly the fit and finish is excellent and it looks completely OEM. I have been using it for the last two months and I am really happy with it.

I have a trendline which doesn't have CANBus cables near the HU so it is not connected to the main control module of the car, also I don't have parking sensors so I cannot comment on related features provided by the HU.

I think spec wise the Blaupunkt is much better and cheaper than RCD 510, though I must add that I do not have any experience with the 510.

Here are some pictures of the box:

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-20130501_162729.jpg
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-20130501_162808.jpg
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-20130501_162852.jpg

Regarding the parking camera, it still has the same issues as I haven't been able to spend any time on it. I think the issue is either because of voltage fluctuation when the car starts or interference. Need to spend more time to resolve the issue.

Picture looks fine as long as the car is not switched ON:
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-20130504_183454.jpg

Here is the parking camera kit:
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-20130429_131806.jpg
MandarMax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 11:55   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
Regarding the parking camera, it still has the same issues as I haven't been able to spend any time on it. I think the issue is either because of voltage fluctuation when the car starts or interference. Need to spend more time to resolve the issue.
I faced a similar voltage problem, after installation of the rear camera. Had a separate 4.5 inch screen for the display. It was an after market installation.

No wire cuts, neat install. But then at the time of testing once the engine was turned on, there was a lot of display issues- Flickering and Fluctuation.
Basically, the power supply is limited on every point.
The techies spent another hour on the Comfortline and were finally able to sort out the issue. Works great now.
Old 7th June 2013, 12:09   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reading this thread made me call up the Noida dealer to check on what the deal is on the Jetta. They told me that 2012 Trendline models are carrying a cash discount of 1.25 lakhs, plus Rs. 30k exchange bonus for exchanging any brand of car, plus whatever is the value decided for the old car.

Without the exchange, the on-road cost of the Jetta TSI in Noida is 13.88 lakhs. They also said that Comfortlines are now only available as 2013 modes, hence the only offer on them is free insurance. The discount on the base model will perhaps run for another month and the only color available in the factory is toffee brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Blaze View Post
Well the comfortline is more or less out of stock now at the Aurangabad plant. Had this checked last month before buying the jetta CL. As far as I remember only the Moonrock Silver was available at the plant.
If you're very keen on the comfortline you could perhaps ask the dealer to source it from another city where a CL might be available.

I managed to get a discount of 1.93L from the dealer and VW combined .
There is no change in the scheme which came out in May for the Jetta and the Passat.
PS- This is worth a mention : Quoting the words of VW Head for North India "There is no EW offered on the Jetta nor the Passat throughtout the country". When I quizzed him on the possibilty of the same in the future, he was not sure as there is no hunch of it either and no intimation on the same.
Just to be clear Papa Blaze, you referring to 2012 models or 2013? And your discount was on a 2012 CL or 2013? And you got that discount without an exchange?

I heard the same on ext. warranty as well. I wonder why that is?

Separately, it surprises me that a car officially priced at 15 lakhs (TSI Trendline) doesn't provide you with iPod connectivity and a rear armrest. Shocking to say the least.
Old 7th June 2013, 12:14   #817
BHPian

Quote:
So considering all the above warranty issues etc. What do you think would be the best option - blaupunkt, megaaudio, Nippon OEM or the RCD 510.
Help would be greatly appreciated
RCD 510 is a good unit. But the Blaupunkt in addition to the better features will also provide a better sound output. Albeit the Blaunpunkt is the best option.
But i don't think the dealers would install this unit for you and neither the RCD 510. I was considering the installation of the Blaupunkt but was flatly refused by the dealers. I received the same answer for RCD 510.

When i contacted the VW RM, North India, well this was his answer- " Do not get any after market installation and no, we do not provide any of the these systems for installation. You should avoid fitment of any product from the market because you will most definitely be voiding the warranty."

To be honest he was not aware of Blaupunkt being the Licensed distributor for VW, Skoda and the Audi.

So that's that, when one of the top bosses of the brand has such an answer, what do you do? I'm in a fix all right, as am quiet certain that there would be no wire cut and no warranty would stay intact. But I don't trust VW too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post

Just to be clear Papa Blaze, you referring to 2012 models or 2013? And your discount was on a 2012 CL or 2013? And you got that discount without an exchange?
I heard the same on ext. warranty as well. I wonder why that is?
Separately, it surprises me that a car officially priced at 15 lakhs (TSI Trendline) doesn't provide you with iPod connectivity and a rear armrest. Shocking to say the least.
Sorry for the confusion. This was for the 2012 model. 2013 models will start rolling out only by Mid July.
We did go for the exchange of our old M800.

Well there is no point with the Extended Warranty bit. It's nowhere in sight. *fingerscrossed* tho.

Who did you speak with at the Noida dealership? And what colors are you interested in?

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote,
click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the
Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th June 2013 at 13:35. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 7th June 2013, 12:33   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion. This was for the 2012 model. 2013 models will start rolling out only by Mid July.
We did go for the exchange of our old M800.

Well there is no point with the Extended Warranty bit. It's nowhere in sight. *fingerscrossed* tho.

Who did you speak with at the Noida dealership? And what colors are you interested in?
I just spoke to one of the sales guys. I think for around 13 lakhs its a great price. But the lack of color choices and the basic ICE + lack of a rear armrest are deal breakers for me. I'd have preferred the silver or graphite color.

Not to mention, the fact that there is no ext. warranty makes me extremely suspicious.

Last edited by StarScream : 7th June 2013 at 12:37.
Old 7th June 2013, 12:42   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Not to mention, the fact that there is no ext. warranty makes me extremely suspicious.
True. That is the scary bit.
Although, I feel it would be offered once the 2013 production is rolled out. But until, its made official, its a worrying topic.
Old 7th June 2013, 15:43   #820
BHPian

Quote:
I faced a similar voltage problem, after installation of the rear camera. Had a separate 4.5 inch screen for the display. It was an after market installation.

No wire cuts, neat install. But then at the time of testing once the engine was turned on, there was a lot of display issues- Flickering and Fluctuation.
Basically, the power supply is limited on every point.
The techies spent another hour on the Comfortline and were finally able to sort out the issue. Works great now.
Any idea how they solved the issue? My installation guy seems totally clueless about it.
Old 7th June 2013, 15:47   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea how they solved the issue? My installation guy seems totally clueless about it.
Can I make you talk to the guy, the owner of the shop where I had it installed? He's a good friend and will help you out.
Old 7th June 2013, 18:01   #822
BHPian

Quote:
I have a trendline which doesn't have CANBus cables near the HU so it is not connected to the main control module of the car, also I don't have parking sensors so I cannot comment on related features provided by the HU.
Now its getting a little out of my league for understanding. Have no clue what the CANBus thing means and how it effects the whole setup. Can you pls explain how this would effect in case I want to upgrade the ICE? What features would work and which ones won't

Quote:
But i don't think the dealers would install this unit for you and neither the RCD 510. I was considering the installation of the Blaupunkt but was flatly refused by the dealers. I received the same answer for RCD 510.

When i contacted the VW RM, North India, well this was his answer- " Do not get any after market installation and no, we do not provide any of the these systems for installation. You should avoid fitment of any product from the market because you will most definitely be voiding the warranty."
I had got the same statements from my dealership as well. That's what psyched me out. The only option he gave me was the unit they have in the Vento IPL edition. Not a great HU but atleast saves on the warranty

Quote:
This is the real scary bit, specially considering the way VW prices the spare parts
Old 7th June 2013, 19:32   #823
BHPian

Quote:

I had got the same statements from my dealership as well. That's what psyched me out. The only option he gave me was the unit they have in the Vento IPL edition. Not a great HU but atleast saves on the warranty

This is the real scary bit, specially considering the way VW prices the spare parts
Well I would suggest you wait and not go for the vento HU installation.
Once the 2013 batch starts rolling out, there should be changes.

We should get to hear on the warranty bit as well. Going through previous posts, warranty was available in early 2012 when that batch was rolled out.
So going by the trend am expecting and hoping that once the 2013 batch is introduced in Mid July, warranty will be new introduced for new and the older batch.
Old 7th June 2013, 20:00   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Can I make you talk to the guy, the owner of the shop where I had it installed? He's a good friend and will help you out.
Yes please. Please PM me the number. Thanks so much.

Quote:
Now its getting a little out of my league for understanding. Have no clue what the CANBus thing means and how it effects the whole setup. Can you pls explain how this would effect in case I want to upgrade the ICE? What features would work and which ones won't
I am no expert on CAN bus but here is what I understand -
  • CAN stands for Controller Area Network. This particular standard is used by many car manufacturers, especially the German ones.
  • What does it do? In layman terms there is a central computer in your car which uses CANBus which is a network used to send & receive data to/from various devices, switches, sensors etc. on the network.
  • As per my understanding, various devices broadcast data/signals etc. over the network so that it can be seen by all other devices on the network. If the device receiving the data has any use of it, it can use it or else it can ignore it. So information coming from parking sensors, volume etc. buttons on the steering etc. is transmitted over the network and is available to every device including the head unit. Since the head unit can make sense of the data it can react to it such as display parking info / reverse camera video when the reverse gear is engaged, or increase volume when the volume buttons are pressed or change the volume automatically depending upon vehicle speed etc.
  • There are two cables CAN-High and CAN-Low which are used to transmit the information. In case of Comfortline and Highline models, the RCD 310 and RCD 510 have CAN inputs and so the CAN cables are present in the HU area. However in case of Trendline the RCD030 system is really basic and has no CAN connectivity, as a result the cables are absent. As per my understanding it is possible to get the two outputs from the BCM by using a wire harness, however it requires detail pinout diagram of the BCM and the expertise to connect to it. This however is a risky thing to do if not done correctly, so I have personally not done it. Also it might void your warranty, so it probably is not worth it. For trendline there are no buttons on the steering anyway, and since I bought the car knowing its limitations I have decided to not experiment too much at this stage. The Headunit is still very much useful and enjoyable without this integration.

I hope this helps. Experts can add more to it or correct what I have mentioned here.

Last edited by MandarMax : 7th June 2013 at 20:05.
MandarMax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2013, 20:42   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Yes please. Please PM me the number. Thanks so much.
Err.. Newbie's do not have the PM Facility . Drop me a mail on my id- siddhant505 at the rate hotmail.

I'll get back to you on it.
Papa Blaze is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks