Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2013, 22:43   #841
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Blaze View Post
Dear Jetta owners,

Need assistance

I was hoping to get chrome trims fixed on the windows of my car. But I'm unable to find any in the market.
No luck online either. Does anyone know where the same could be sourced from?

The dealer does not have them either.
There are plenty of chrome trims available on aliexpress.com. Some specifically made for the Jetta. They ship from China. There are many other accessories also available for the Jetta (known as Sagitar in Chinese market). I ordered my boot lid camera from them so I can say I have good experience with them.
MandarMax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 04:38   #842
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post

There are plenty of chrome trims available on aliexpress.com. Some specifically made for the Jetta. They ship from China. There are many other accessories also available for the Jetta (known as Sagitar in Chinese market). I ordered my boot lid camera from them so I can say I have good experience with them.
Alibaba.com is owned by arguably the world's largest internet and e commerce company TaoBao.com, from China. They have a good reputation.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 10:30   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
Thank you for your suggestion.
First hand user experience is always helpful. Will try the website and update you accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Alibaba.com is owned by arguably the world's largest internet and e commerce company TaoBao.com, from China. They have a good reputation.
Thank you for the info Shankar. Gives the confidence to utilize their service.
Old 16th June 2013, 00:26   #844
BHPian

Hi any suggestion on how to address wiper shuddering on windshield which has suddenly started today in my jetta. There is excessive friction between wiper and windshield. Any suggested remedies? Would a change of wiper help? Please suggest any known outlet of genuine Bosch wipers for jetta?

Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 01:18   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
Hi any suggestion on how to address wiper shuddering on windshield which has suddenly started today in my jetta. There is excessive friction between wiper and windshield. Any suggested remedies? Would a change of wiper help? Please suggest any known outlet of genuine Bosch wipers for jetta?

Thanks
Try cleaning them, take a tissue paper or something and soak it and clean the wiper with it. Should help you out. If not, then change them.

As far as Bosch wipers are concerned you can get them from windshield experts, google it and you can easily found their dealers nearby your place

Hope this helps.
Old 16th June 2013, 03:51   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is excessive friction between wiper and windshield. Any suggested remedies? Would a change of wiper help? Please suggest any known outlet of genuine Bosch wipers for jetta?
Have you tried the simple toothpaste experiment ? Buy a 5 rs pack of Colgate paste (white color one) take a slightly damp sponge and apply it on the windshield in a circular pattern. Its done wonders in my Polo and my fathers Octavia.
If that doesn't work get Bosch clear advantage in the required size !
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 13:40   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Try cleaning them, take a tissue paper or something and soak it and clean the wiper with it. Should help you out. If not, then change them.

As far as Bosch wipers are concerned you can get them from windshield experts, google it and you can easily found their dealers nearby your place

Hope this helps.
Hi sameer tried this yesterday evening. Doesnt seem to be helping much. This wiper issue started happened just as I got my car out of vw lalbaug service centre yesterday evening. I was hassled as this shuddering noise was not there before it went for 1st annual service. I'm a little finicky about noises, rattles and wiper problems in my cars. Have asked the guy from vw downtown to come and check on Monday if there is any problem which needs their attention.
Old 16th June 2013, 13:58   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hi sameer tried this yesterday evening. Doesnt seem to be helping much. This wiper issue started happened just as I got my car out of vw lalbaug service centre yesterday evening. I was hassled as this shuddering noise was not there before it went for 1st annual service. I'm a little finicky about noises, rattles and wiper problems in my cars. Have asked the guy from vw downtown to come and check on Monday if there is any problem which needs their attention.
Then i'll suggest you buy wipers yourself and get it replaces. The service centre guys are surely going to charge you more.

Also, if possible try the toothpaste treatment as mentioned above, should solve your issue.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2013, 23:13   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Have you tried the simple toothpaste experiment ? Buy a 5 rs pack of Colgate paste (white color one) take a slightly damp sponge and apply it on the windshield in a circular pattern. Its done wonders in my Polo and my fathers Octavia.
If that doesn't work get Bosch clear advantage in the required size !

Shashank colgate not only clears your teeth also windshields. This solution has given desired results as of now. Hope wipers don't shudder and jump on my windshield again. Have enough inventory of colgate paste in my boot to last if the problem recurs during the monsoon. Thanks for the remedy.
Old 17th June 2013, 00:31   #850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Shashank colgate not only clears your teeth also windshields. This solution has given desired results as of now. Hope wipers don't shudder and jump on my windshield again. Have enough inventory of colgate paste in my boot to last if the problem recurs during the monsoon. Thanks for the remedy.
Yes it certainly helps as it clears all dust off the windshield resulting in friction and causing the judder. You may have to replace the wipers if its old and starts streaking. If not you're all good with the Colgate experiment
Old 17th June 2013, 22:12   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Yes it certainly helps as it clears all dust off the windshield resulting in friction and causing the judder. You may have to replace the wipers if its old and starts streaking. If not you're all good with the Colgate experiment
My jetta will turn one year old in a week. So the wipers are not precisely old. But will keep a watch and try to change if this issue recurs. I hope it wouldn't.
Old 22nd June 2013, 06:00   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsoboy View Post
Hey, did you get any revert from bhandari.
Hey! Apologies it took me rather long to get an answer from VW dealership but I was finally able to take out time to follow up on that. As per their mail, Blaupunkt unit installation would void the warranty since it is not a VW genuine accessory. Although, as per my knowledge, VW dealerships do give an option to fit Caska. Its quite strange that something from a Chinese market is approved and will not void warranty, but one from VW's OEM supplier will. I have reverted back to VW raising the same concern. Let's see, what they have to say to that.
Old 24th June 2013, 09:41   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_treiber View Post
Hey! Apologies it took me rather long to get an answer from VW dealership but I was finally able to take out time to follow up on that. As per their mail, Blaupunkt unit installation would void the warranty since it is not a VW genuine accessory. Although, as per my knowledge, VW dealerships do give an option to fit Caska. Its quite strange that something from a Chinese market is approved and will not void warranty, but one from VW's OEM supplier will. I have reverted back to VW raising the same concern. Let's see, what they have to say to that.
Was reading about this guy on another forum who got the blaupunkt installed on his vento from the thane dealership itself.
Don't understand why they are so paranoid about the jetta. When I was checking for options with my dealer, he clearly said they have been asked by VW not to make any such modfications on the jetta. The only option he has is the Nippon HU from Vento IPL edition.
Old 25th June 2013, 05:50   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsoboy View Post
Was reading about this guy on another forum who got the blaupunkt installed on his vento from the thane dealership itself.
Don't understand why they are so paranoid about the jetta.
I have got another interesting news. The dealership accessories division in-charge has reverted back to my query and says that fitting any aftermarket unit, be it Blaupunkt, MegaAudio, Caska or any other, will void the warranty on Jetta. Now what's interesting? Interesting part is that the dealership itself stocks and installs Caska and MegaAudio units on Jetta. Now, I did not see a point in going any further with that with the dealership. It looks like everyone's on their own and the dealership reserves the right to accept or deny your warranty claim, should you need one anytime.
Old 28th June 2013, 13:57   #855
BHPian

I was hoping I would not run into any problems with my 9 month old Jetta. But, yesterday, it happened. It was raining cats and dogs in the evening (while on my way to have a look again at the ecosport). Then suddenly, I felt water on my right shoulder. And lo behold, there is a leak from the driver door from the top. I believe it is a beading problem. Called the sales person who I interacted with and he asked me to take the car to Hosur road service station. I will try and take the car to the service station sometime this week. But I am shocked at the build quality of VW. Is it a common thing? I know people complained about the Etios twins on the beading, but a problem like this on a 20L car just doesn't instill confidence. I am also worried about the capability of the service station. Hopefully it is a minor issue and should be sorted out. But I still expected better quality from VW.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks