Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2013, 09:21   #931
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
Are they also installing the parking sensors and integrating it with the Blaupunkt 835
Hi Wysiwyg25, Yes. Reverse camera will be integrated with Blaupunkt 835. it's costing me another 5000Rs. With Blaupunkt 835, it's 55000Rs total.
Old 26th August 2013, 14:38   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevReddy View Post
Hi Wysiwyg25, Yes. Reverse camera will be integrated with Blaupunkt 835. it's costing me another 5000Rs. With Blaupunkt 835, it's 55000Rs total.
I am getting the Blaupunkt in Mumbai for 42.5K. Do I have to buy it from the VW dealer
Old 26th August 2013, 14:50   #933
BHPian

Quote:
I am getting the Blaupunkt in Mumbai for 42.5K. Do I have to buy it from the VW dealer

Here dealer is not giving me any discount & I can't source it from outside as dealer don't accept . Are you getting it from dealer?
Old 26th August 2013, 15:19   #934
BHPian

Just spoke to VW Santacruz in Mumbai. Dealer is ready to install the BP 835 with camera for 45k
Old 26th August 2013, 18:17   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
For them to order a car and get it from Pune in less than 2 weeks and then it turns out to be a Jan model.
^^ Just a small correction - The Jetta is assembled in the Aurangabad plant (shared with Skoda) and not in the Pune plant as far as I know.

I think all the VW/Skoda CKD operations are handled in Aurangabad, and the manufacturing of Polo/Vento/Rapid etc. happens in the Pune plant.

Quote:
Are they also installing the parking sensors and integrating it with the Blaupunkt 835
The Trendline version doesn't come with factory installed parking sensors and I don't think it's easy enough for the dealership or an outsider to install them without proper hardware and the know-how. You cannot just install any aftermarket parking sensors and connect them to the Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 HU. The HU is designed to read the parking/sensor data only from the CAN Bus. So not only you will need the original VW parking sensors + necessary control module but also the expertise to install and get it working without any issues. To make matters worse the Trendline doesn't even have CANbus cables available for the HU.

Last edited by MandarMax : 26th August 2013 at 18:32.
MandarMax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 05:45   #936
BHPian

Hello there

I am almost a nooB here. Though joined team bhp 7 years back but have not posted anything in last 6 years.
Now I am back in india(hyd), and looking for a car with high levels of desperation. :-) I have also zeroed in on jetta as waiting few more moths for Octavia is not possible.

Could you tell me which dealer/sales person in hyderabad is offering diesel trendline for 17 lakhs? (Pm is ok if the info can't be disclosed in public)

Any existing trendline owners who got reverse parking sensors done by vw dealers? Is it working fine?
Old 28th August 2013, 10:19   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulv View Post
Hello there

I am almost a nooB here. Though joined team bhp 7 years back but have not posted anything in last 6 years.
Now I am back in india(hyd), and looking for a car with high levels of desperation. :-) I have also zeroed in on jetta as waiting few more moths for Octavia is not possible.

Could you tell me which dealer/sales person in hyderabad is offering diesel trendline for 17 lakhs? (Pm is ok if the info can't be disclosed in public)

Any existing trendline owners who got reverse parking sensors done by vw dealers? Is it working fine?
PPS Motors Jubilee Hills, Contact person: KondalReddy/Srinivas..I actuall end up taking 13 model for 17 laks as I like white. There is one new silver 12 model for just 16.12 laks. Yesterday my car delivered with reverse camera installed.
SanjeevReddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 10:44   #938
BHPian

Looks like the Audi from the sideways, the lights and the design at the back is pretty good and the perfectly toned interiors. I would have really wished the front a bit more sportier.
Old 28th August 2013, 15:27   #939
BHPian

I had purchased the Jetta CL way back in September, 2011. As everyone knows, VW has made an official statement that extended warranty is not available for all its product range except for Polo/ Vento. Now that my car is approaching the 2 year mark, it is due to run out of the warranty cover in a month.

I had visited the VW Downtown (Shaman Cars) Workshop a month back due to suspension issue (more on that in my personal thread, in due course). Now, while I was waiting at the busy workshop for a SA to attend to me, a Shaman employee approached me and mentioned about the "Additional Warranty" they were offering on all models. I am attaching the mail I received from Shaman Cars later that day. This is a dealer warranty and not manufacturer warranty.

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-screenhunter_26-aug.-28-14.43.jpg
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-screenhunter_27-aug.-28-14.46.jpg
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-screenhunter_28-aug.-28-14.46.jpg

Finally, the dealer has given the following quotes:

1 year/ 20,000 kms: Rs. 14,500.
2 years/ 40,000 kms: Rs. 23,375.

Fellow BHPians, what are your thoughts on:

1. Getting an Additional Warranty from a dealer.
2. Shaman Car's reputation.
3. How comprehensive the list of covered (and not covered) parts is and whether it will serve the purpose.
4. Any past experiences/ threads pointing out to other BHPian's past experiences with dealer warranties.
5. Whether asking price is justified.
Old 28th August 2013, 15:34   #940
BHPian

My 2 cents, Vw thane had given me 2 year extended warranty for 11500/-. This was done in June 2012 for a September 2011 Jetta.
Old 28th August 2013, 16:00   #941
BHPian

Quote:
PPS Motors Jubilee Hills, Contact person: KondalReddy/Srinivas..I actuall end up taking 13 model for 17 laks as I like white. There is one new silver 12 model for just 16.12 laks. Yesterday my car delivered with reverse camera installed.
i would be very jealous and happy if that 17 lakhs was with reverse camera and blowpunkt system

how much did you pay extra for that?
Old 28th August 2013, 21:05   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Finally, the dealer has given the following quotes:

1 year/ 20,000 kms: Rs. 14,500.
2 years/ 40,000 kms: Rs. 23,375.

Fellow BHPians, what are your thoughts on:

1. Getting an Additional Warranty from a dealer.
2. Shaman Car's reputation.
3. How comprehensive the list of covered (and not covered) parts is and whether it will serve the purpose.
4. Any past experiences/ threads pointing out to other BHPian's past experiences with dealer warranties.
5. Whether asking price is justified.
Dear lamboguy sir,

Your questions answered as below:

1. Not worth it in my opinion. Reason mentioned below.

2. I use shaman's other workshop (benz workshop in kalina/santacruz). They are the same as most dealers in the city. I have had good and bad experiences with them. The most recent one however has left a very bitter taste in my mouth, after which I have sworn off this workshop.
Bad experience: They reported a broken camshafts, solenoids, and belts in a 3 year old pristinely maintained car! I was furious and after much escalations realized that they cared 2 hoots. I then had the car independently inspected which confirmed my suspicions (the car was absolutely fine!). In fact, they also told me that the cigarette lighter was missing (the sheet which is handed to the customer clearly mentioned that the lighter was present in the car), and gave back the car to me with 2 huge scratches (their nature revealed that an untrained employee had clearly brushed the bonnet with the wipers). On asking why, they said that the scratched were present before the car was handed over.
Another bad experience was when they mis-quoted me the price of a particular part. I had ordered that part by depositing some money with them. When the part arrived, the price of the part and labour was much higher than their competitor (by a margin of 20%). Needless to say, I had to give the car to their competition.

Good experience: Got a very sweet deal on entire repaint of the car (which had numerous scratches due to open parking), since that was their first car to be painted. They did a fantastic job of it. Also, their routine service is prompt and efficient till last year. However, now they are no better (since they have been doing well).

Now, I am fine with some minor goof-ups as long as the issue gets sorted out by escalations. In shaman, escalations resulted in nothing. Hence, I am not so sure about their management practices. As far as their VW workshops are concerned, I have no personal experience but 2 close friends use their services. Both are not satisfied customers. They are just waiting till warranty expires after which they will service at an independent garage.

3. The parts covered in the list are the ones which rarely fail even in a 4-5 year old car. Notice that their extended warranty only covers upto the 4th year post purchase. They know that the parts which are covered almost never give up. The only part which is prone to failure (in the earlier jetta's that too) was the A/C compressor. I have read on this forum, that this issue has been sorted out. Otherwise:
a) Even the parts of suspension which are generally prone to faster wear (like bushes, stabilzer bars/linkage, ball joints etc.) are not covered. The wishbones and lower arms almost always last till the time you use the car.
b) gearbox issues are not common on M/T. At the very most, maybe your bushes wear out fast, which are not covered anyways.
c) you are least likely to face engine issues if till now everything is fine.
d) other mentioned parts do not fail so early.

4. No personal experience or haven't read it on this forum yet. But, you may browse the dealer experience here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...delivered.html

5. IMHO, No. Simply because, the chance of failure of all the parts covered in the list goes up after 5-6 years of usage of the car. If, however you are not so sure; next time you visit the workshop, ask a mechanic (not the S.A.) who works on the cars, which all parts are seen failing in the newer jetta's.

If I were in your place, I wouldn't buy the extended warranty unless company offers it.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 09:58   #943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulv View Post
i would be very jealous and happy if that 17 lakhs was with reverse camera and blowpunkt system

how much did you pay extra for that?
Hi Rahul, sorry if I was not clear. Jetta 13 model on road price 17 lakhs. Blupunk and reverse camera extra and it's 52500Rs. So total 17.52 lakhs.
SanjeevReddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 14:42   #944
BHPian

A few pics of my jetta
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_1704.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_1714.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_1715.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_1720.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_1732.jpg  

SanjeevReddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 22:21   #945
BHPian

Quote:
A few pics of my jetta

Hi Sanjeev,

Congratulations on your buy, Please put up your ownership review with all the modifications that you had already planned for her. Any plans of adding the extras like the Bluetooth modules ?? But i guess the steering wheel has to be changed. In case if you feel that one to be missed you can check out the one that is being offered for the Polo and the Vento.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 30th August 2013 at 22:25. Reason: Spelling mistakes
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed