Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2013, 11:17   #961
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

I have a warning light come up in my Jetta. After referring to the manual I see that its the catalytic converter warning light. I stopped driving the car and will take it to the service station on Monday. My car was due for first service in 3 days. Also I am unable to switch to re-circulation mode and it always stays in fresh air mode. What problems could these indicate? Thanks in advance.
Old 13th September 2013, 11:24   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Hi pritwi,

Have a couple of questions if you can shed some light -

1. What would be the torque rating & spread with the 190 remap?

2. Would the 6 speed DSG be able to cope with the revised power & torque numbers without becoming unreliable?

Cheers !!
A friend of mine has the Remap on his Jetta TDI. He is hell bent on running on Speed Diesel, but normal feul hasnt given any issues either. He's got the DSG and so far after 28000kms since remap, he has yet to have any issues. The DSG in the jetta is the 6Speed wet clutch unit which is far more durable for our climate and traffic conditions than the 7Speed DSG dry clutch in the petrol cars. Torque curve/spread.. well google for a dynochart of the Remapped 2.0TDI motor. Most remap's yeild similar power levels so it will give u a good idea of what to expect.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 12:33   #963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
I have a warning light come up in my Jetta. After referring to the manual I see that its the catalytic converter warning light. I stopped driving the car and will take it to the service station on Monday. My car was due for first service in 3 days. Also I am unable to switch to re-circulation mode and it always stays in fresh air mode. What problems could these indicate? Thanks in advance.
Looks like the car has gone into limp mode. RPM doesn't go above 2500 and gets cut off. I have been asked to bring the car to the service station. Will know how good the after-sales is now.
Old 14th September 2013, 07:20   #964
BHPian

Most likely your maf sensor.
Old 14th September 2013, 18:44   #965
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Jetta bags the TNS Voice of the Customer Award.

Jetta was awarded based on TNS’ study. The Total Customer Satisfaction Study covered 63 car models across all passenger car segments, with a sample size of more than 8,000 car owners across 28 cities in India.

Volkswagen Jetta takes on the likes of Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Elantra, Chevrolet Cruze and Skoda Laura.

http://overdrive.in/news/volkswagen-...ustomer-award/
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 19:31   #966
Distinguished - BHPian

How fair are these awards? Somehow I really don't feel that with all the bad publicity VW group manages to garner, they are in any position to beat Toyota and Honda and even Maruti and Hyundai for that matter.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 08:59   #967
BHPian

Got my silver trendline delivered yesterday. Our choice was black but we could not wait.
Got delivery at 1 pm and before returning home we had driven ~100 km. driving on Nehru ORR was bliss.
Old 15th September 2013, 20:39   #968
BHPian

"]Few pics

Somewhere on hyderabad Mumbai highway.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-image650325444.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-image957498817.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-image3512359001.jpg  

rahulv is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 11:32   #969
BHPian

Left my car for its first service. I was given an approximate cost of about 14K. The service advisor said that VW has increased the service cost by about 2K compared to last year. He said the check engine/catalytic converter light could be because of a minor wire going loose. Hoping its nothing more than that.
Old 18th September 2013, 21:42   #970
BHPian

Exactly the same thing happened to me last weekend - catalytic converter light going on + recirculation going off. Also my parking sensors stopped working. All in the space of 2 days. Was supposed to send my car for its second service anyway, so went today to the service station.

Opened the hood, and it looks like rodents have been having a good time. Probably a couple of loose wires. Will get to know tomorrow, and report back.
Old 18th September 2013, 22:25   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
Exactly the same thing happened to me last weekend - catalytic converter light going on + recirculation going off. Also my parking sensors stopped working. All in the space of 2 days. Was supposed to send my car for its second service anyway, so went today to the service station.

Opened the hood, and it looks like rodents have been having a good time. Probably a couple of loose wires. Will get to know tomorrow, and report back.
Yep, It was the same with my car. A rat had chewed up the temperature sensor wiring. The cost was about 300Rs for the wiring. Total bill for first service was 13,750Rs. Overall I am happy with VW service.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2013, 10:39   #972
BHPian

any must have accessories list for jetta. :-)
is it worth buying official volkswagen stuff like net for the boot to keep things in place?
Old 20th September 2013, 11:11   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulv View Post
is it worth buying official volkswagen stuff like net for the boot to keep things in place?
None of the accessories are really necessary unless you get them as freebies. They are atrociously priced. I am planning to install a touch screen player after my warranty gets over in another year. Even though its a plug and play unit, I was warned that VW could void my warranty. Decided to stick to the stock unit for another year.
Old 20th September 2013, 22:47   #974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulv View Post
  1. 3D Kagu Mats.
  2. Paint protection coat.
  3. And may be sun films?..
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 16:07   #975
BHPian

In Aug-Sep'2013 I did totally about 6000 kms in my Jetta AT (15 month old) travelling across MH, GJ, RJ, PB, KA, AP (6 states) on varied road conditions. the car has returned best efficiency of 21/22 kmpl and sometimes as low as 15/16 kmpl due to road / traffic conditions. Its a good car for long distances and one can easily do 700-800 kms per day. My maximum single day travel in Jetta was 1150 kms between Mumbai - Kishangarh in August. It can handle bad roads and pot holes quite well. The car can camouflage speeds quite well till 120-130 kmph after which the noise starts creeping into the cabin. Its better to keep a watch on the speedo if you are on bad roads or routes with many speed breakers.
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks