Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2013, 20:38   #1021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post

Yes, i got the same confirmation today, but could not digest the same. It looks like there is no price increase. New Jetta is mor value for money than its skoda sibling. Do you have any information on the release date ?
There's no release date as such. If I make a booking now, I could get the car by December .
Old 27th October 2013, 20:45   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_navin
The on road price in chennai is around 22.63 lakhs for the new Jetta highline 2.0 dsg. The salesman says that the price has been dropped. It was around 22.90 earlier. Wish the car atleast came with the updated engine and gearbox in the same tune as the Octavia . But he confirmed that its still the same old one.
Wow !! . Where did u get these pics ?? . The official VW website does nots how these details yet . So finally the expected features are out ! . Good , wish VW provided a rear view camera ..
Old 27th October 2013, 21:33   #1023
BHPian

Call it fragmentation or variant differentiation, Jetta HL will have LED DRLs, CL will have halogen DRLs, TL will have no DRLs at all.

This is my opinion, and it may be biased given I'm a CL owner, VW should have given the projector setup with LED DRLs in the CL too given the price range the CL falls in. Also, this would also be in line with VW's offerings in the Passat.

Anyways this is good news for current Jetta owners who were planning to retrofit the projector setup.
lamboguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 11:26   #1024
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Great news if the Jetta comes with the minor upgrades and at a lower price. The car's still the best in segment (excluding the Octavia 1.8 TSI for petrolheads) and i find it hard to believe that they will price lower than the Skoda cousin with the titivated 2014 model.
Old 28th October 2013, 11:55   #1025

Quote:
Yes, i got the same confirmation today, but could not digest the same. It looks like there is no price increase. New Jetta is mor value for money than its skoda sibling. Do you have any information on the release date ?
Heard that the release is round the corner. Just saw the prices as well. According to Delhi, ex-showroom prices are Rs.10,000 more variant by variant. I was about to suggest someone that the Octavia is better in terms of VFM factor than the Jetta (a petrol one). Any inputs?

Prices of the new Jetta are here: http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/00...a-Refresh.html

The price list on this link doesn't look like the one that dealers give out to buyers. Not sure about the genuineness of it.
Old 28th October 2013, 14:39   #1026
BHPian

Going by the pics some of the members posted here , i took a deeper look into them . I noticed that there were 2 temperature control knobs . Will the car have dual zone climatronic ?? . The news tells that the car will have climatronic . Any inputs on this?.
Old 28th October 2013, 14:52   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxo_barge View Post
Heard that the release is round the corner. Just saw the prices as well. According to Delhi, ex-showroom prices are Rs.10,000 more variant by variant. I was about to suggest someone that the Octavia is better in terms of VFM factor than the Jetta (a petrol one). Any inputs?

Prices of the new Jetta are here: http://carsizzler.com/news-detail/00...a-Refresh.html

The price list on this link doesn't look like the one that dealers give out to buyers. Not sure about the genuineness of it.
Yes, when compared to the pertrol ambition model of the octavia, The jetta is pricey and has half the features. But the diesel Jetta on the whole now seems a better bargain. The suspension is superior to that of the octavia.
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 15:22   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, when compared to the pertrol ambition model of the octavia, The jetta is pricey and has half the features. But the diesel Jetta on the whole now seems a better bargain. The suspension is superior to that of the octavia.
It definitely is a bargain. On paper the Octavia has just 3 bhp more than the Jetta. But if you have driven the Octavia diesel, you'd notice that the engine feels much more quieter and smoother. And it definitely feels quicker and much more rev happy than the Jetta. I just wish they had updated the engine too. Then it would have been more than just a bargain!
Old 28th October 2013, 16:15   #1029

Quote:
Hi Amarendranath.
I'm getting confused now. The Jetta is pricey and has less features, but is still a better bargain over the Octavia. Why so? Is it the ride only?
Old 28th October 2013, 16:55   #1030
BHPian

I Just got the new pricing list for the New Jetta. Looks like things got ugly. There is an considerable price increase of about 60,000. The old jetta was around 22.90laks, the new Jetta highline AT now costs 23.50laks. My apologies for the poor quality had to edit a PDF format price list. I always had this itch as how the price could be same when the xenon projectors are being added. Now all questions have got their answers.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-jetta-price.jpg  

Last edited by Amarendranath : 28th October 2013 at 16:57.
Amarendranath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 17:23   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
I Just got the new pricing list for the New Jetta. Looks like things got ugly. There is an considerable price increase of about 60,000. The old jetta was around 22.90laks, the new Jetta highline AT now costs 23.50laks. My apologies for the poor quality had to edit a PDF format price list. I always had this itch as how the price could be same when the xenon projectors are being added. Now all questions have got their answers.
I think a hike of 60k is justified , considering that the new car comes with Xenon headlamps which themselves are pricey . Any other info regarding the feature list ?. Are leather seats or navigation included ?.
Old 28th October 2013, 18:28   #1032
BHPian

Called up VW palace cross in bangalore . They have no idea when the car would be launched . It seems that they have got no info from the heads in VW . But they did confirm the expected feature list which matches to the ones stated in the thread .
Old 28th October 2013, 18:50   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxo_barge View Post
Hi Amarendranath.
I'm getting confused now. The Jetta is pricey and has less features, but is still a better bargain over the Octavia. Why so? Is it the ride only?
Hi Luxo,

If you are looking at a petrol car go with Skoda. I have not driven the 1.4, the 1.8 was sweet!. And suspension on 1.8 is same like that on the Jetta. I guess 1.4 in Octavia might be better than the Jetta. Now if you look at the latest prices both the cars cost the same, almost. I personally would like to avoid the Skoda A.S.S. The test drive experience was about with sunroof squeaking sound etc. At least according to me the suspension is far better than that on the Octavia. If your want a ride with all the features test drive the Octavia and take a decision. Previously i had a gripe that Jetta was pretty basic and stale which got now covered. And pricing this is how far it gets. VW will not offer more features for that price.
The Jetta still is not value for money if you compare with the Jetta. May be my poor experience with Octavia is pushing me more towards the Jetta. Compared with octavia you only miss out the sunroof and leather interiors with memory, rest is covered i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's View Post
Called up VW palace cross in bangalore . They have no idea when the car would be launched . It seems that they have got no info from the heads in VW . But they did confirm the expected feature list which matches to the ones stated in the thread .
If you book the car now, it seems the car will get delivered in Jan. I wonder how there has been so much confusion or delay among the dealerships. Did you try any other dealership in Blore?

Quote:
I think a hike of 60k is justified , considering that the new car comes with Xenon headlamps which themselves are pricey . Any other info regarding the feature list ?. Are leather seats or navigation included ?.
That's pretty much it. No Leather seats or navigation. However i did not find the headlamp washers mentioned anywhere may be its a part of the xenon headlamp structure. Should check this personally. The SA said a Maroon color might be introduced later in March. As the Jetta is currently only available in four colors-White, Brown, Silver,Black. Yes the pricing is now on par i always had a doubt that the price wont remain the same. The discounts of about 1lak were available on the older model which will now be omitted.

Quote:
Going by the pics some of the members posted here , i took a deeper look into them . I noticed that there were 2 temperature control knobs . Will the car have dual zone climatronic ?? . The news tells that the car will have climatronic . Any inputs on this?.
No idea on this,will ask the SE and confirm. He says the demo cars will be available in 2weeks time. Should make sure to personally check it.

Last edited by moralfibre : 29th October 2013 at 13:37. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use edit / Multi-quote features instead of typing one post after the other within 30 minutes.
Old 29th October 2013, 13:23   #1034
Senior - BHPian

Xenon Headlights, LED-DRL and ACC are welcome additions.

Leather seats and driver seat memory, could have been added. :(

If a discount of one Lakh is offered for the existing model, IMHO it is worth considering. Then the difference between the old and new models become 1.6L which is a bit steep...

Over-all, with these features added, there is nothing much that is really missed and Jetta becomes a better product.
Old 30th October 2013, 09:27   #1035
BHPian

Friends

My engine oil level is less than half and I am going on 2000 km trip. Should I top up? Or buy and keep oil in the boot?

Most Viewed