Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2013, 18:57   #1066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulv View Post

you are right i guess. the car is new, it has done just 6000 km. but on two trips, road was really bad with some really deep and narrow potholes that you can not see from far. that may have caused it.
It might be the same, just get them balanced from a good shop, then check. Most likely, it'll solve the issue.
Old 17th November 2013, 21:29   #1067
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Took delivery of my white beast Jetta 2.0TDI highline AT yesterday. Straight away did a trip to Palakkad and back to calicut. Covered around 400 kms with mileage of 19.5kmpl.

The car feels a really huge upgrade from my SX4. The new Xenon lights are awesome and the cornering lights too.

Btw, the dealer insisted they don't give a separate documentation of the warranty. Is it the same with others?
Old 17th November 2013, 22:08   #1068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed26 View Post
Took delivery of my white beast Jetta 2.0TDI highline AT yesterday. Straight away did a trip to Palakkad and back to calicut. Covered around 400 kms with mileage of 19.5kmpl.

The car feels a really huge upgrade from my SX4. The new Xenon lights are awesome and the cornering lights too.

Btw, the dealer insisted they don't give a separate documentation of the warranty. Is it the same with others?
Can we have some pics please, I would like to see the new changed jetta, specially those xenons.

Btw congratulations buddy, wish you lakhs of niggle free miles ahead with her.

Drive safe,
Sameer
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 12:09   #1069
BHPian

There is quite some discussion on other threads on DSG'S consuming a lot of oil depending on usage. Can some of you share your experiences here
Old 18th November 2013, 12:33   #1070
BHPian

has anyone upgraded speakers. what size what brand to go for. how easy is it to replace. was there any benefit from the replacement ?
rahulv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 12:55   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations buddy. 19.5 kmpl is awesome for AT. Is this the newly launched jetta?
Old 18th November 2013, 13:28   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulv View Post
has anyone upgraded speakers. what size what brand to go for. how easy is it to replace. was there any benefit from the replacement ?
Do we really need to upgrade.After setting bass to maximum,the sound is very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
Congratulations buddy. 19.5 kmpl is awesome for AT. Is this the newly launched jetta?
Yup.The newly launched one.The stretch from perinthelmanna to kozhikode gave me around 23kmpl.

Last edited by ahmed26 : 18th November 2013 at 13:30.
ahmed26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 18:06   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001
Can we have some pics please, I would like to see the new changed jetta, specially those xenons. Btw congratulations buddy, wish you lakhs of niggle free miles ahead with her. Drive safe, Sameer
I second sammer's thought. Please do post some pics . Eagerly waiting to see how the front end of the jetta looks.
Old 18th November 2013, 18:28   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747 View Post
19.5 kmpl is awesome for AT. Is this the newly launched jetta?
Quote:
Yup.The newly launched one.The stretch from perinthelmanna to kozhikode gave me around 23kmpl.
My neighbor is getting 20 kmpl on the MID with his 2013 Jetta AT and that too in Kerala in auto mode!

I have struggled to get 22.4 kmpl on my manual Vento.
Old 18th November 2013, 19:29   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
My neighbor is getting 20 kmpl on the MID with his 2013 Jetta AT and that too in Kerala in auto mode!
20 kmpl on an !!AT!! with 2.0L engine is awesome I think! Any one can pitch in with the Octavia figures in comparison with Jetta? This may tilt the balance towards Jetta when pegged against Octavia. I have recently read ACI review comparing these 2 and it voted for Octavia even after the update that Jetta got. Confused now.
Old 18th November 2013, 20:00   #1076
BHPian

Here are some pictures.There are various angles of the new xenon headlights.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-2.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-3.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-4.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-6.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-5.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-11.jpg  

ahmed26 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 20:15   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed26
Must say you have a beautiful car there . The white colour just exemplifies the classy understated looks. Looks clean . Jetta gets its point straight any angle you view it from something that the Ocatvia lacks ( personal opinion ) . BTW how is the high beam on the car and does it have cornering function for the headlamps and the fog lights ?.
Old 18th November 2013, 22:10   #1078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats. And crispy pictures. Much needed change for the DRLs. The old ones were a pain in this part of the world, as every other motorist would signal you to switch off your headlamps!

Request you to post up a dusk photo with the DRLs on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolveins View Post
20 kmpl on an !!AT!! with 2.0L engine is awesome I think!
I should have mentioned 'not always 20', but he usually gets in the range of 18 on AT. The claim is only 16.XX. Still, that is awesome for a 2.0L AT.

Last edited by thoma : 18th November 2013 at 22:11.
Old 19th November 2013, 09:05   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post

I have struggled to get 22.4 kmpl on my manual Vento.
I have a CL Jetta TDi and an Elegance Rapid TDi. My rapid is only 3 months old and done about 3500kms and is mostly used for shorter trips like dropping & picking daughter from school (about 8 kms roundtrip) and doing some errands. The Jetta is 14 months old and done about 11K and mostly used to go to office (which is 38kms roundtrip). So the Jetta is a bit more efficient. But once in a while when I take the Rapid to office, I have observed that the MID reading in Rapid is lower than the Jetta. I have seen a max 20kmpl in the Jetta where as in the rapid the max I have seen is 17.5kmpl.
Old 19th November 2013, 09:13   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma
I have a CL Jetta TDi and an Elegance Rapid TDi. My rapid is only 3 months old and done about 3500kms and is mostly used for shorter trips like dropping & picking daughter from school (about 8 kms roundtrip) and doing some errands. The Jetta is 14 months old and done about 11K and mostly used to go to office (which is 38kms roundtrip). So the Jetta is a bit more efficient. But once in a while when I take the Rapid to office, I have observed that the MID reading in Rapid is lower than the Jetta. I have seen a max 20kmpl in the Jetta where as in the rapid the max I have seen is 17.5kmpl.
The MID readings are not very accurate . I have seen figures varying with a lot of difference in my Laura . So it makes up an average of your driving style and weather conditions etc and projects an approximate image . An error of 10% can be included.

Most Viewed