Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2014, 22:08   #1216
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
I'll double check it, but no mention was made of it being a dealer warranty. They had offered me a dealer specific AMC before delivery, no such dealer specific mention was made in this case so I reckon it isn't so.

Will call them and report back.
Actually my dealer himself had informed me the EW thing going on with VW Jetta since my purchase. He reiterated that its confirmed now and will let me know the price and conditions within this week. So looks like a genuine stuff.
Old 12th March 2014, 22:17   #1217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjubose View Post
Actually my dealer himself had informed me the EW thing going on with VW Jetta since my purchase. He reiterated that its confirmed now and will let me know the price and conditions within this week. So looks like a genuine stuff.
My dealer had said much the same thing, that it was in the pipeline and he'd inform me. That he didn't and I sought him out to clarify things is another story, but I'm glad this is seemingly genuine and from VW, not a dealer level offering.
Old 13th March 2014, 16:22   #1218
BHPian

Spoke to VW Whitefield a few minutes back regarding the extended warranty for Jetta and he said he was not aware of it. I have asked him to double check with VW - will update once I get a confirmation.
Old 14th March 2014, 09:05   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddis_dude View Post
Spoke to VW Whitefield a few minutes back regarding the extended warranty for Jetta and he said he was not aware of it. I have asked him to double check with VW - will update once I get a confirmation.

I have checked with my dealer in pune(BUBhandari) and they are waiting for final price list to arrive. But yes, they confirmed that the EW offering news is true.
Old 14th March 2014, 12:01   #1220

This is indeed fabulous news. VW and especially the Jetta has paid a steep price on account of its indirect association with Skoda through the VAG. Most owners on this forum (including myself!) have been pleased with their purchase and the extended warranty should now address apprehensions of potential buyers!
Old 14th March 2014, 17:27   #1221
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends,

It is now official. Jetta gets 2+2 years extended warranty for Rs.41,000 + Service Tax, if availed within 365 days of ownership.

Absolutely no second thoughts! I have booked mine.

List of Components Covered: (Information provided by VOLKSWAGEN MYSORE)

This Extended Warranty will only cover the following parts under the conditions stated below:

Engine: All internal components, including: Oil pump, Crankshaft & Pulley, Big end & Main Bearings, Connecting Rods, Gudgeon Pins, Piston and Rings, Inlet and Exhaust Valves, Springs and Guides Cylinder Block and Cylinder Head, Cylinder Head Gasket, Camshaft, Arms and Shaft Rocker, Timing Gears and Tensioner Bearing, Water Pump, Inlet and Exhaust Manifold.

Manual Gearbox: All internal components, including:Gears, Shafts, Synchromesh Hubs and Rings, Selectors, Bearings, Transfer Gears.

Automatic Gearbox: All internal components, including: Shafts, Gears, Brake bands, Oil Pump, Bearings and Bushes, Valve, Drive Plate, Tran Gears, Transmission Gears.

Suspension and Steering: Rack & Pinion, Steering Column, Steering Box, and Power Steering Pump.

Braking System: Master Cylinder, Brake Booster, Vacuum Pump.

Fuel System: Mechanical and Electrical Fuel Pumps, Injectors, Air Flow Meter, Fuel Accumulator, Fuel Distributor, Warm up Regulator, Cold Start Valve, Pressure Damper, Auxiliary Air Regulator, Deceleration Valve, Engine Speed Sensor, ECU, Absolute Pressure Sensor, Throttle Body.

Diesel Injection System: Injection Pump, Injectors, Glow Plugs, Electromagnetic Cut Off.

Air Conditioning & Cooling system: Compressor, Condenser, Evaporator Reservoir, Thermostat Switch & Fan Motor, Heater Core, AC Switch.

Electrical System: Starter Motor and Solenoid Switch, Alternator, Rectifier, Regulator, Ignition Coil, Cooling Fan Motor, Power Window Motors, Combination Switch, Ignition Switch, Relay, Thermostat Switch, Speedometer, Oil Pressure Switch, Temperature Gauge, Fuel Gauge, Horns.

Oil Seals: Crankshaft Seal, Camshaft Oil Seal, Auxiliary Shaft Oil Seal, Gear Box Oil Seal, Drive Shaft Seal.

Followings will not be covered under the Extended Warranty:

(All exclusions mentioned in the Primary Warranty Policy can be reproduced here)

1. Any claim falling beyond the expiry date shown in the Extended Warranty Certificates or the completion of the Kilometer as specified in the Extended Warranty Certificates whichever occurs earlier and as applicable from the date of 1st sale.

2. Any damage that results from neglect of the periodic maintenance as specified under Service Schedule Booklet or not carried out at an Authorized Dealer- Service Centre.

3. Any damage that results from hard driving due to a race, rally.

4. Any damage that results from operating methods other than those mentioned in the owner’s manual or use beyond the limitations specified by Volkswagen, such as maximum load, passenger capacity, engine speed and others.

5. Any damage that result from use of non-genuine parts, non-genuine oils or
accessories other than those approved by Volkswagen.

6. Any non-approved accessories which are not supplied with vehicle as original fitment.

7. All rubber & plastic accessories.

8. Any damage that result from vehicle performance modifications not approved by Volkswagen.

9. Inconsequential aspects such as noises, vibrations, oil seepage and sensations that could not lead to dismal product function or performance.

10. Any damage that result from improper storage or transportation, or where the damage has been caused at the Authorized Dealer/ Service Center.

11. The loss under the policy that is not in force at the time of claim due to any reason whatsoever.

12. Loss arising out of accident or loss caused by external impact.

13. Cost of roadside assistance and/or towing.

14. Fraudulent act committed by the vehicle owner or the Dealer.

15. Theft of vehicle and / or, parts or accessories

16. Goodwill compensation and cost incurred in the recall campaigns.

17. Act of terrorism, illegal and malicious activities.

18. Aesthetic parts including sheet metal parts requiring replacement /repair due to wear tear, depreciation, moth, vermin, process of cleaning, restoring or renovating of scratches, effect of light, sun or any atmospheric conditions, bird droppings.

19. Mechanical & electrical breakdown caused by overloading, strain, overrunning, freezing, excessive pressure, short-circuiting, heating.

20. Routine maintenance service jobs, including cleaning, polishing, minor adjustment, engine tuning, carbon cleaning, AC Servicing, wheel alignment, tyre rotation, calibration /reconditioning of diesel equipments including injector /nozzles and high pressure fuel pump etc.

21. Parts subjected to normal wear & tear, aging, corrosion of parts, including spark plugs ,clutch, axle boots, shock absorbers, front struts, suspension ball joints, fuel filter, air filter, oil filter, rubber seals, brake pads, brake linings, clutch disc, pressure plate, wiper blades, all type of cables including clutch and accelerator, bulbs, fuses, belts, coolant hoses, fuel hoses, tyres, batteries, glasses, lenses, all mountings, oxygen sensor, fuel filters, oil filter elements, drive chains, air cleaner elements, drive shaft boots, fuses, motor brushes, step rubbers, rubber tubes & hoses and other items as specified by Volkswagen in the maintenance schedule.

22. All consumables, including, engine oils, gear oil, brake oil, power steering oil, coolant, AC gas oil, grease, battery electrolyte, radiator coolant.

23. Rusting/Corrosion to catalytic converter & Silencer

24. Damages as a result of use of poor quality of fuel, coolant or lubricating oil to fuel system including fuel pump, injector nozzle, water pump as well as other parts.

25. Damage to engine due to hydrostatic lock or oil starvation

26. Any legal liability, consequential loss , damage to occupants third party

27. Damage arising due to fitment of accessories including without limitations electrical or mechanical accessories not approved by Volkswagen

28. Body and Paint work including any losses due to accidental damages.

29. Vehicle in which odometer has been tampered or been disconnected.

30. Expenses incidental to extended warranty claim, including but not limited to:

a. Additional expenses incurred for communications, lodging, meals, towing charges and other items due to breakdown of the vehicle in a remote area / city.

b. Expenses related to personal injury or property damage compensation for loss of time, commercial losses, or rental costs for a substitute vehicle during the period of repairs.

Owner's Responsibilities:

1. The vehicle must have been serviced at Authorized Dealer at every 15,000 Kms or 1 year whichever occurs first as per guidelines in the Service Schedule Booklet.

2. Make certain that the Extended Warranty registration was completed at the time of applying for Extended Warranty.

3. All services as per preventive maintenance / scheduled services must be carried out at Authorized Dealer workshop and the expense for the same shall be borne by the customer wherever applicable.

4. Make certain that the Volkswagen Authorized Dealer performing the service
inspection has certified the work on the "Maintenance Service Record" page in the Volkswagen "Owner Manual and Service Booklet" and in “Extended Warranty log”.

5. Present the Volkswagen "Owner's Manual and Service Booklet" and "Volkswagen Extended Warranty Certificate” to the Authorized Dealer whenever requesting service inspections or Extended Warranty service/repairs.

6. If the "Owner's Manual and Service Booklet" or the “Volkswagen Extended warranty Certificate” should be lost or destroyed, the owner should consult the Authorized Dealer from whom the vehicle was purchased for instructions concerning replacement of the "Owner's Manual and Service Booklet" or the Volkswagen Extended Warranty Certificate”.

Transfer of Extended Warranty Cover Transfer of Extended Warranty Cover

1. If Ownership of the vehicle changes, the remaining/balance Extended Warranty period/Km would be effective for the new owner.

2. The Extended Warranty cover cannot be transferred to any other vehicle and remains with the original vehicle only.

3. For transfer of Extended Warranty cover the Owner of the vehicle will have to fill in the Transfer of Ownership Form with details of new owner and have it stamped and signed by an Authorized Dealer. After due approval from the Volkswagen Authorized Dealer / Volkswagen the Extended Warranty transfer to the new owner would be effective from the date of such approval for the balance unexpired period / Kms.

Last edited by Chethan B G : 14th March 2014 at 17:30.
Chethan B G is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 17:40   #1222
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for that Chethan! Was wondering what was and wasn't covered, that list pretty much covers everything.

I am very seriously considering getting the ECU remap done, and at one point didn't believe the Extended Warranty would arrive, so I was sure I'd get it done. Now, I'm a little less sure. Would you guys suggest a remap, if I was so inclined to get it done? Mind you, I will buy the Extended Warranty, so I don't want the remap to void it.
Old 14th March 2014, 17:52   #1223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Thanks for that Chethan! Was wondering what was and wasn't covered, that list pretty much covers everything.

I am very seriously considering getting the ECU remap done, and at one point didn't believe the Extended Warranty would arrive, so I was sure I'd get it done. Now, I'm a little less sure. Would you guys suggest a remap, if I was so inclined to get it done? Mind you, I will buy the Extended Warranty, so I don't want the remap to void it.
Welcome!

Do you really need more power on a Jetta?? Greedy!!??

My 2 cents: Buy Extended warranty - Enjoy Jetta with the OEM setup for 4 years - Modify later!
Old 14th March 2014, 17:55   #1224
Senior - BHPian

Haha, no I don't need it at all, but I do like it and want it. More powerrrrrrrr!!

The Extended Warranty is a must buy, I agree. I don't know if I have the patience to wait 4 years, but I guess we'll find out!
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 18:00   #1225
BHPian

Cost is roughly around 46000/- inclusive of taxes if taken within 365 days of billing.
After that it would be 60000/- if taken in the next one year.
Old 14th March 2014, 18:06   #1226
BHPian

Seems like your list missed the most important point.Warranty is only for 1 lakh kms, not the usual unlimited mileage.
ahmed26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2014, 18:18   #1227
Senior - BHPian

Extended Warranty is highly recommended for any German Car.

I agree, cost is steep. On a positive note, it does not come with any riders like "you have to buy Insurance from us" ... etc.

On the other hand, VW delayed introducing Extended Warranty. So why penalize early birds?

As long as somebody purchases extended warranty before the standard warranty expires, what difference does it make?

This is a gross mistake from VW. OR am I missing something here?

@ Ahmed : Yes. Warranty is for 1L Kms. Thought it will be covered in the terms...

Last edited by Chethan B G : 14th March 2014 at 18:21.
Old 14th March 2014, 19:24   #1228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
As long as somebody purchases extended warranty before the standard warranty expires, what difference does it make?

This is a gross mistake from VW. OR am I missing something here?
Even when I spoke with them they said that same thing, that it would cost "a little" more if you renew after your first year of ownership. I didn't know it'd be so "little".
Old 15th March 2014, 07:00   #1229
BHPian

46 K for 2 more years I mean is VW expecting that much problems after 2 years that's a cash pool assuming 100 new jetta's owners a month buy this of ~ 46 lacs a month !!

This does not count all the existing owners within the last 1 year (1200 minimum X 46K ~ 5.5 Cr ?). That's a lot of insurance money for VW to bet on thier Jetta being reliable for 2 more years beyond the std warranty.

With an ex-factory of ~ 10lac (i.e. before excise) say 7lac are warranty covered aggregates, maybe less if one removes overheads (body,wear and tear parts not included) at -
1% full claim assumption their expense on material is 12 write-off cases X 7 lac ~ 84 lac ,
at 5% full claim ~ 4.2 Cr Vs a collection of 5.5Cr.

C'mon VW your Jetta is better than that !! Unless you want to hang us for buying this car.

Last edited by hubolt : 15th March 2014 at 07:18.
Old 21st March 2014, 13:04   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubolt View Post
46 K for 2 more years I mean is VW expecting that much problems after 2 years that's a cash pool assuming 100 new jetta's owners a month buy this of ~ 46 lacs a month !!

This does not count all the existing owners within the last 1 year (1200 minimum X 46K ~ 5.5 Cr ?). That's a lot of insurance money for VW to bet on thier Jetta being reliable for 2 more years beyond the std warranty.

With an ex-factory of ~ 10lac (i.e. before excise) say 7lac are warranty covered aggregates, maybe less if one removes overheads (body,wear and tear parts not included) at -
1% full claim assumption their expense on material is 12 write-off cases X 7 lac ~ 84 lac ,
at 5% full claim ~ 4.2 Cr Vs a collection of 5.5Cr.

C'mon VW your Jetta is better than that !! Unless you want to hang us for buying this car.
That's a good point, well made. Even if those numbers are accurate they are looking at a 20% profit on the Extended Warranty, which is probably why they launched it. They presumably have better data on claims and cost of servicing beyond the 2 years.

I am also assuming they will not get 100% buy-in for the extended warranty, although I for one am not going to risk it. The only thing I want to change in my Jetta is the DRLs, was thinking of changing it to the white LEDs after 2 years but that can wait. Will have to put up with helpful folks pointing out to me that my headlights are on for 2 more years

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks