Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2023, 13:31   #3811
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Experts & Owners of Jetta, Need a help to source a part

My Pre-owned Jetta 2014 Highline DSG is missing the cover for the skie access hole (Not sure of this name though - used for the the boot access from rear seat). Tried in Boodmo but not available.
Can anyone help to source this / point to where I can source one from?

Attachment 2533341
Are you in Mumbai? Get it used in kurla
paras211 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 21:35   #3812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
Are you in Mumbai? Get it used in kurla
I am located at Hyderabad.
Bhpian vishy76 also suggested used markets. searched in local markets but didn't get any. Planning to visit old Hyderabad next week.
Old 8th December 2023, 21:27   #3813

Fulfilling Dreams; New Ride - VW Jetta 2TDI

Heyyy All!

This is my first thread on teambhp, and I’m glad to be a part of this forum of renowned auto enthusiasts. This thread is solely going to be about the car I’ve always adored and now own, the Volkswagen Jetta. I can't believe it's been a year/10,000 kilometers with my beloved machine, and what a ride it has been! From the very beginning, Jetta was more than just a car; it was a dream materializing.

My fascination with the 2TDI had me yearning for a Jetta ever since I first experienced its charm driving a friend's car. The dream evolved into a detailed plan with my friend, envisioning the perfect scenario of stumbling upon a Black MK6.5, showroom-maintained beauty.

Fate had something incredible in store for me when I not only found the exact car I dreamt of but also discovered it was tuned by the previous owner with a stage 1+ from Wolf Moto Performance! Without hesitation, I called the owner, only to learn that someone else had paid a token advance for it. :( The night was sleepless, praying all night for the other party to not have got the deal and at 7 am, I left a message for the owner asking for an update to which I dozed off.

The morning took a magical turn when I received a text at 11 am mentioning that the deal was withdrawn by the other party. Waking up to that text was nothing short of a dream come true – the Jetta was finally mine!
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_0222.jpeg

Then came the challenge of convincing my dad, who had reservations about Skoda's and VW's maintenance costs. To buy time and to convince my dad, I reached out to my sister for a token advance. Post which a friend mine and gone to Kochi, Kerala; were the car was at along with a mechanic, and to his positive review, I sealed the deal. Little did I know, the previous owner – now a close friend, was also a fellow TeamBHPian.

The day of delivery was a celebration of dreams fulfilled and friendships forged. Forever grateful for all the things that came along thereafter. Here are some pics from that unforgettable day:
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_5284_original.jpeg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_5283_original.jpeg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_5285_original.jpeg

Excited to be here and looking forward to sharing experiences and insights with fellow enthusiasts. 🚗✨

#DreamsComeTrue #JettaLove
tdipower14 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 22:25   #3814
BHPian

Fellow Jetta owner here and I can feel your joy.

Post is incomplete without the most important information and I hope you are ok sharing the following - year of manufacture, kms and the price you paid.

My friend is looking for a Jetta AT and the details will help him have an understanding of the market.
GladRagu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 09:45   #3815
BHPian

Excited for you that you were able to get a ttuned Jetta. Moreover, that car is certainly a looker! Enjoy your time with it.
Old 29th December 2023, 12:44   #3816

Hey there!

Absolutely, happy to share the details. My Jetta is a MK6.5 2016 model, had done around 90,000 kms, and I got it for close to 11L. Just to add, I also had the entire major service done right after picking it up, which added another 1L to the total cost. Thought it was worth mentioning.

Hope this helps your friend in the search for a Jetta AT!
tdipower14 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 16:26   #3817

Brought home a used VW Jetta 2.0 TDI MT COMFORTLINE

Hello fellow Bhpians!

This is my first post on Team-Bhp and I feel really privileged and honoured to be a part of this community. I recently bought a pre-owned VW Jetta 2.0 TDI MT Comftortline ( Manufactured : Nov 2015) in Silk Blue. The car has run around 37k kms.Tha car was always serviced at Volkswagen authorised service station and it was timely serviced every year at PPS Volkswagen, Kolkata. I have already checked the service history of the car and talked to the insurers which did not reveal anything of major concern. The car is working fine as of now and has no mechanical issue except one or two missing screws and bolts for which I have already placed order. I will address the few scratches and very minor dents in a month or two. What I am concerned with is the ASS recommend replacement of clutch in 2022 which the previous owner refused and I have no information if it was done outside of the ASS. The A.C compressor was changed in the last service shortly after which the car was sold to the dealer. I know it is not cheap to maintain a Jetta but I listened to my heart instead of my head. I am a little bit concerned about the availability of parts since the car is discontinued in India.

Now I need advice from the experienced members on the forum regarding the following:

a) Should I replace the timing kit along with the water pump right now or can I wait for some more kms? Is EGR cleaning necessary?

b) I'm planning to change the gear oil in the next service along with coolant flush. Any advice regarding that will be greatly appreciated.

c) I am planning to get a diagnostic tool for the car. Which one would you guys recommend? I have already bought the repair manual for the car (ElsaWin) from emanual.com and I already possess most of the tools required for car maintenance including two torque wrenches. I am confused between VCDS and a stand alone diagnostic tool like the ones from Launch.

d) I need an alloy wheel to replace the spare but I am unable to find an OEM alloy for Jetta. Mine came with 16" Sedona alloy wheels and I'm not planning to change the rim. So if anyone can give me any information regarding where I can get one, I'll be obliged. A used one will also do if it is structurally intact.

e) Any other advice regarding my car is entirely welcome and will be much appreciated.

P.S: Let me share a funny story with you all. A few days back I contacted VW ASS in Kolkata ( I live some 80 kms away from Kolkata and it is the nearest service centre) and asked for an estimate for replacing gear oil. They quoted 47k for just changing gear oil informing me that the oil costs 9k per litre and the gear box will take around 5.5 litres of oil. I had the laugh of my life and I pointed out that the gearbox takes 2.3 litres of oil and should be priced around 4k for the VW OEM high performance transmission oil. Now he quoted this after consulting with his advisor. He said he would contact me again after further discussion with his SA. I don't know how I'll be able to convince myself to send the car there! There is no good FNG nearby. Any contacts for some good FNG in Kolkata with good experience of working on VAG cars will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Moloy
Bimmerhead557 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2024, 17:09   #3818
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Brought home a used VW Jetta 2.0 TDI MT COMFORTLINE

The Jetta is such a good car spoilt by the shady service experience. Probably one of the last true blue diesels a common man can drive.

If you dont mind, please share the cost of the car. I myself am looking for a newer AT variant.
dhanushs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 00:36   #3819

Couldn't agree more with your opinion! I got it for around 7 lacs excluding insurance which had already expired. So got a new comprehensive one for around 25k.

Somehow the photos I uploaded of my Jetta did not appear on the thread. So posting them a second time.
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20240219_202426.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20240219_202350.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20240219_202405.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20240219_202550.jpg

Got these sporty mufflers for her ( a simple DIY). Anyway, decided to call her Mystique!

Last edited by BlackPearl : 19th February 2024 at 21:02. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Thanks.
Bimmerhead557 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks