Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2011, 15:25   #31
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Super Review, Superb Pictures.
Would like to know whether the alloys & parking sensors are standard on all variants?
Also what are the 0-100 timings ?
What FE did the car show on the MID during your drive ?

I feel the car will look more striking in better colours. My favourite colour on the car would be Blue. The same blue on which Katy Perry danced on during its American launch.
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-3a449_katy_perry_vw_jetta_launch_images_main.jpg

Last edited by PPS : 5th September 2011 at 15:27.
Old 5th September 2011, 15:29   #32
BHPian

Thanks for the review and fab looking pcis.

VW is setting new standards in aesthetic designs. I simply love the clean looks, unlike Verna which screams for attention - NOM to Verna owners.

Bits of chrome is used in an interartistic manner. Rear AC vents sans chrome, why?
Not able to see the wiper blades/arm in any of the pics. Just me? Love this too.

No ACC on a 20-lakh car? 5-lakh Chevy Beat has one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Question: The accelarator seems to be connected from underneath is that right, I did not see any connection from the top of accelerator peddle. Is that right?
Was it same way for the older model?
If that is the case how is play of the accelarator, does the angle differ if its connected from bottom?
If I may, most of the European cars have it this way. So does Civic.

Last edited by hdnivara : 5th September 2011 at 15:42.
Old 5th September 2011, 15:31   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Super Review, Superb Pictures.
Would like to know whether the alloys & parking sensors are standard on all variants?
Trendline (TL) and Comfortline (CL) come with the "Navarra" Alloys bearing resemblance to the ones on Passat. Highline (HL) comes with the "Atlanta" set of alloys - they look much better.
Parking sensors (front and rear) are available on CL and HL only.
lamboguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2011, 15:33   #34
BHPian

What a review. Subtle yet hard hitting. 5* in my book. Fab work rudrasen / GTO.

Missing ACC / Bluetooth and even a 1.8TSi. Wonder what VW is thinking. I'd bet "Honda" guys are going to use this as a sales pitch.

Rudra you need to add a thread - Art of photography for noobs.
Old 5th September 2011, 15:42   #35
Senior - BHPian

Still not sure on whether I like this or not. I preferred the older Jetta's looks. Now, the family look is so confusing, that one needs to stare to make out if this ones a Jetta or a Passat. Like the pre face lifted era of the Octi/Laura/Superb.

As rightly put by Rudra, its a baby Passat, unlike the blown up Vento. Some features have surely improved over the outgoing Jetta, but lack of certain features is so not done. I for one, wouldnt plonk my hard earned 15 large on a car that does not offer even climate control! Wish we could have certain features from the outgoing model and some from the new one .

Rudra sir, B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T pictures. All of them are wallpaper material. Heck, VW could ask you to provide some for advertising (if not already done). Excellent review as well. 5 stars all the way.
Old 5th September 2011, 16:06   #36
BHPian

The pictures are so good - they actually outshine a superb review. You are an amazingly creative person Rudrasir. The snaps are one sure way to tempt a few borderline purchase decisions
Old 5th September 2011, 16:29   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
The Engine Specs of the new 140PS TDI power house of the Jetta are identical to those of the Audi A4 2.0 (attached). But my question is, is the real life performance even comparable between the two VW Group babies?

(Data picked up from carwale(dot)com and verified from Jetta and Audi A4 e- brochure)
Its the new national car engine VW Jetta, Passat (in 170 PS tune), Skoda Laura, Superb, Yeti, Audi A4, A6
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2011, 16:38   #38
BHPian

Awesome review! Thanks for sharing. I think the 2 most important complaints are:

1. ACC missing
2. Vento looks
3. Bluetooth missing (maybe there is an option to by the module so that wont be an issue as the steering has phone switch)

I dont think any others are deal breakers though. Soft touch plastic like someone mentioned weathers away after few years, maybe in our Indian climate, not sure though.

But did someone notice that the review clearly mentioned 2 things: The AC is really good and that the car was tested in Rajasthan. So I guess I will go with this compromise than having an option of ACC but doesnt actually do the cooling. I read somewhere on forum that even Laura (or other european cars) dont have powerful AC.

And more than anything else, whats the USP of this car:
Great Drive, speed, stability, mileage and more of the real "CAR" stuff
Old 5th September 2011, 16:47   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa
Awesome review! Thanks for sharing. I think the 2 most important complaints are:

1. ACC missing
2. Vento looks
3. Bluetooth missing
Addressing your 2nd point about vento looks, the car does look a lot like the Veneto in the pictures and videos. However, in person, due to size and finish of the car as well as its head lamps, the car looks more like a mini passat. Obviously this is my opinion and a very subjective point.
Old 5th September 2011, 17:02   #40
BHPian

Great review and great pics! The pics can really swing fence-sitters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Official Reviews Forum!

On the other hand, the ordinary-grade interior quality left me surprised...and the omission of climate control & leather seats can give Honda's thinking a complex!! Inexplicable and, I'm willing to be, will be corrected soon. But before that, VW needs to get its dealers & their pre / after sales attitude in order. Lastly, more back seat space aside, the Skoda Laura L&K makes a compelling case for itself versus the Jetta.

Loved driving this car on the open road, yes. But it was more fun on the twisties. Super engine + transmission + ride + handling.
Couldnt agree with you more on the omission of basic gizmos, and the fact that they will have to introduce them soon! Now that I have booked the car and am on the other side, I hope they are careful about how they manage this. Will feel really cheated if some major changes happen in 3-6 months. The only reason I didn't wait is because I have seen between 2009 and 2010, how lazy (or conservative, to put it mildly) VW can be in introducing changes. Might end up waiting another year for this to become more VFM.

Am really interested in others opinions on how differently this drives from the Laura. I felt they were pretty different, in that the Jetta seems more composed and planted.
Old 5th September 2011, 17:04   #41
BHPian

Wonderful as always,I still love old brake-lamp cluster, circular one!

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Please click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th September 2011 at 01:28. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 5th September 2011, 17:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

I saw the new Jetta on road today,a white one and i must say you are not going mistake this for a Vento ever!It looks distinctive enough and i had no trouble spotting it in a traffic jam today.Nice alloys and a well designed backs-side!
Old 5th September 2011, 17:58   #43
BHPian

Nice report. People who want the premium-ness with their vehicles in this segment may give it a miss. Its too 'Vento' to look at. For untrained eyes, it would be hard to spot a difference.

GTO: I was waiting for the test drive of the New Swift. Suprised to see Jetta's review before Swift!
Old 5th September 2011, 18:02   #44
Senior - BHPian

A photographic treat Brilliant photos!

I really love the way this new Jetta looks, understated, elegant and proportionate. Beautiful design.

Disappointing that the quality isn't as good as the previous generation and it's low on features - expected more from VW.
Old 5th September 2011, 18:02   #45
BHPian

Awesome pictures and very well composed review!!! I always liked the old Jetta, and though the current one looks like Vento, i still love it. Cant believe that we dont get Climate control and Leather in 15+ L car, VW this need to be corrected.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks