Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2011, 11:24   #211
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

My New Jetta made its first service center visit yesterday!

In the morning I took out the car for a spin. As soon as I removed the car from my lane, dogs started chasing my car . Then after sometime, people around me started staring at the car. I figured out something is wrong! I rolled down the windows and heard a grinding noise coming from the left side of the car! On close inspection, I found out it was coming from the front left tire.

Called up the 24hr roadside assistance. The car was "platform towed" away to the workshop in no time (really impressed with the speedy service). I was really tensed up about the car by now! I got a call from the workshop in an hour. Turns out a small pebble was lodged somewhere in the brake assembly which was making the noise against the discs. They got rid of it and two hours later I was re united with the car!
Old 1st October 2011, 13:38   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
My New Jetta made its first service center visit yesterday!
Whoa! That was scary. Your heart must have sunk. Hopefully they checked for any potential damage due to the pebble.

My thread is halfway there. Hopefully, will be able to put it up this weekend. Meanwhile, heres the first pic of my car.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-german-chocolate.jpg  

Old 1st October 2011, 14:49   #213
Senior - BHPian

Lamboguy congrats for your purchase. I just happened to be there at the time when the first silver leaf Jetta arrived at Downtown, Mumbai. Got a few snaps of the car. This is your car. Enjoy and happy motoring
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-photo0000.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-photo0001.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-photo0002.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-photo0003.jpg  

S2!!! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 16:18   #214
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Turns out a small pebble was lodged somewhere in the brake assembly which was making the noise against the discs. They got rid of it and two hours later I was re united with the car!
Is this something of a design issue with VAG cars? I remember seeing the same problem of pebbles getting stuck in brake assembly in other threads of Fabia, Polo etc.

Good that the issue was sorted out in 2 hours. When is your ownership thread coming up?
Old 1st October 2011, 22:22   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
Whoa! That was scary. Your heart must have sunk. Hopefully they checked for any potential damage due to the pebble.

My thread is halfway there. Hopefully, will be able to put it up this weekend. Meanwhile, heres the first pic of my car.
It felt as if one of my dear friends had fallen sick and had to be sent to the hospital! I re checked with VW whether any damage was done to the disc, etc. but they assured that they had examined the car nothing was wrong. Awaiting your ownership report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
When is your ownership thread coming up?
I am planning to post the ownership thread in November once I dispose off certain pending workload. By that time i may have also made an out of town trip in the car.
lamboguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 22:44   #216
BHPian

Quote:
It felt as if one of my dear friends had fallen sick and had to be sent to the hospital! I re checked with VW whether any damage was done to the disc, etc. but they assured that they had examined the car nothing was wrong. Awaiting your ownership report!

I am planning to post the ownership thread in November once I dispose off certain pending workload. By that time i may have also made an out of town trip in the car.
Well, my report's up, and its quite a ramble. Here it is. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-highline.html Unless you are really patient/ masochistic, would recommend that you go directly to the last couple of sections .
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:36   #217
BHPian

Hi ALL. As you see, I am a Newbie and among the newest one at that. I have been extensively looking up T-BHP over the past couple of months while I was deciding on my next car. Needless to say, it had been a very useful passive interface to date and I am certainly very pleased to join this community. Thank you Mods for the swift approval.

I am also pleased to join the growing New Jetta owners group. I have booked a Comfortline Pearl Black last week and will be taking delivery this week. More on that after delivery.

Aurum & Lamboguy – Congratulations on your latest acquisition and look forward to reading more on the forum. Couple of questions:
· I visited the yard on Sat to take a look at the car before my name gets married to the vehicle i.e. before it goes for registration. Looked up the VIN (WVWJ1161CAxxxxxx) and, as I understand, this is a September 2010 car. Just wondering if your cars are also as old? That said, the Odo read 56 km which seems fair for a car driven from Panvel to Sewree via Vashi octroi post. Also, the display said next service is due at 15,000 km or 362 days meaning the electronics were activated three days prior. That seems fine too.

· Going by what Rudrasen (many thanks for a superb review) and Aurum have both said, tyre change seems to be the first thing to do. Have you now changed the tyres? Perhaps its getting a bit late for a good exchange deal, but I have time to figure. Appreciate your input on choice as well.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers and happy motoring

Note from Support: Please avoid copy pasting from external editors like MS word. This leaves behind formatting tags that have to be removed manually. Notepad works fine. Thanks

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd October 2011 at 23:48. Reason: Note Inline
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:13   #218
BHPian

Welcome, Bala, and congrats! I have a feeling that pearl black is going to look great! Are you sure you haven't missed a digit somewhere before the CA? Anyways, my VIN number shows that its a 2012 model, since the 10th letter is C. I would suspect yours would be as well.

Despite the observation that tyres are noisy, I'm not doing anything about it. By no means is it unlivable. So I haven't done any research. Would refer you to .anshuman's research for his Laura.
Aurum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:44   #219
BHPian

Thanks Aurum. You are correct. I missed a digit (thanks to predictive text on my phone, I guess). In fact, I did count at the yard the 10th digit to "C" and thought that possibly is a mistake. Are we buying a futuristic car?!
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:01   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaSNKL View Post
Hi ALL. As you see, I am a Newbie and among the newest one at that. I have been extensively looking up T-BHP over the past couple of months while I was deciding on my next car. Needless to say, it had been a very useful passive interface to date and I am certainly very pleased to join this community. Thank you Mods for the swift approval.
I am also pleased to join the growing New Jetta owners group. I have booked a Comfortline Pearl Black last week and will be taking delivery this week. More on that after delivery.
Aurum & Lamboguy – Congratulations on your latest acquisition and look forward to reading more on the forum. Couple of questions:
· I visited the yard on Sat to take a look at the car before my name gets married to the vehicle i.e. before it goes for registration. Looked up the VIN (WVWJ1161CAxxxxxx) and, as I understand, this is a September 2010 car. Just wondering if your cars are also as old? That said, the Odo read 56 km which seems fair for a car driven from Panvel to Sewree via Vashi octroi post. Also, the display said next service is due at 15,000 km or 362 days meaning the electronics were activated three days prior. That seems fine too.
· Going by what Rudrasen (many thanks for a superb review) and Aurum have both said, tyre change seems to be the first thing to do. Have you now changed the tyres? Perhaps its getting a bit late for a good exchange deal, but I have time to figure. Appreciate your input on choice as well.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers and happy motoring
Welcome to the forum Bala and congratulations on your Jetta decision. Look forward to pictures of the black beauty and also an ownership review.
Tire upgrade may be worth it for a relatively small cost (9-10k). Fyi, i junked the OE bridgestones on my Laura for Yoko V550 DB series tires and pretty happy with the ride, grip and (lack of) noise on those. Do inform what you eventually decide on your Jetta's shoes.
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:12   #221
BHPian

Rudra sir!!! A superb review which tilted my decision to wards the Jetta! Guys! Finally booked my Jetta a few days back! A fantastic review with the best set of photographs of a car I've ever come across. You are a genius! A five star for sure, with a huge plus!

Awaiting delivery by this weekend or next. A slight delay due to the leafy silver color I am opting for....

Comfortline it is, for I cant reach upto the HL DSG price though after TD I was just in love with the auto box. I am planning to change the rubber as soon as i get teh car. Any suggestion from Rudra sen, or Anshum.....on the best choice?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th October 2011 at 12:38.
Old 4th October 2011, 11:55   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaSNKL View Post
Thanks Aurum. You are correct. I missed a digit (thanks to predictive text on my phone, I guess). In fact, I did count at the yard the 10th digit to "C" and thought that possibly is a mistake. Are we buying a futuristic car?!
I guess this is the typical convention adopted by the car companies to make us feel better about ourselves. We are indeed buying the 2012 model, though most parts were probably manufactured in 2010.
Old 5th October 2011, 03:33   #223
BHPian

Can anybody who has got the Comfortline please click some photographs of the fascia and other features that are different from Highline. Particularly the music system which is rcd 300 plus in the CL ( even the old Jetta had Rcd 310). I tried to get some images form the net but all the images are of rcd 310. And the front bumper carries the chrome strip even though the spec sheet mentions it only for Highline. Its very evident in the picture of Lamboguy's silver leaf Jetta which is a CL. So a bit confused here. I also remember the very first car that came to the local dealer here was a Comfortline, according to the SE, but the screen did show the pictorial display of the car and parking distance when i slotted the reverse gear.

Could it be VW is just forgetting which belongs where, or maybe a pleasant surprise for customers. Maybe we will even get the Multi-Media device adapter in the CL!
Old 5th October 2011, 08:13   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
Could it be VW is just forgetting which belongs where, or maybe a pleasant surprise for customers.
1.CL also has cruise control unlike what is stated in the brochure. (personally used it too)
2.No multimedia adapter provided.
3.But, it does come with SD card reader, again not in brochure.
4.No pictorial display for parking distance as far as I have been using. I am yet to receive the owner's manual for the car to confirm this.
Old 5th October 2011, 11:57   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
Can anybody who has got the Comfortline please click some photographs of the fascia and other features that are different from Highline. Particularly the music system which is rcd 300 plus in the CL ( even the old Jetta had Rcd 310). I tried to get some images form the net but all the images are of rcd 310. And the front bumper carries the chrome strip even though the spec sheet mentions it only for Highline. Its very evident in the picture of Lamboguy's silver leaf Jetta which is a CL. So a bit confused here. I also remember the very first car that came to the local dealer here was a Comfortline, according to the SE, but the screen did show the pictorial display of the car and parking distance when i slotted the reverse gear.

Could it be VW is just forgetting which belongs where, or maybe a pleasant surprise for customers. Maybe we will even get the Multi-Media device adapter in the CL!
Have seen a display CL and remember some stuff. No chrome strip in CL, Music system looked like the one in Polo, No parktronic display on music system and no USB input. I am sure the Jetta showed to you was TL and not CL.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks