Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2011, 17:38   #286
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I had seen one on dispaly at Elite Motors and it was badly presented - filthy, dirty and was not impressed.

Today, I walked into VW Palace Cross and I drove an immaculately prepared one. It is a bit spartan but what ever is in there works well. AC was effective. Ride a little hard as pressures were at 38psi but it drove really well and I liked it a lot. More engaging than the Passat. DSG seemed to dull it a bit.

Need to find out about the manual from others but I was impressed.

Full marks to VW Palace Cross -very professional saleman - Vishnu who was able to answer all my queries.

Oh - Passats are available off the shelf. Jatta has a three month backlog
Hi Ajmat,
Since you've driven the All new Jetta now, can you comment on the build quality? Is it safe to say that it is top notch? How would you compare it to that of your Octavia or say, the Laura?
Old 7th November 2011, 18:37   #287
BHPian

(A bit off topic)

After this video, I'm pretty sure I'll give a miss to one of the episodes of Season 18 of Top Gear!

lamboguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 12:52   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
(A bit off topic)

After this video, I'm pretty sure I'll give a miss to one of the episodes of Season 18 of Top Gear!

Jeremy on the Volkswagen Jetta - Top Gear Outtakes - BBC - YouTube
Thats Jeremy at his very best !! I love this car, but you gotta love how he rips cars apart.
Old 10th November 2011, 13:26   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
(A bit off topic)

This guy knows that people listen to him because he is funny. I doubt anyone other then British base there car buying decision on his reviews.

BTW is there any car that he has ever praised other then the Range rovers?
Old 10th November 2011, 18:35   #290
BHPian

I just contacted a VW dealership to inquire about the difference in MFD and MFD Plus. This is what the sales rep told me.

MFD;
1. Digital Speed display
2. Eco green shift indicator
3. Service schedule and kilometers.

MFD Plus;
1. Current and average fuel consumption
2. Distance to empty
3. Average speed
4. Digital speed display
5. Digital Oil tempetature
6. Speed warning
7. Trip memory, total journey memory
8. Eco green shift indicator
9. Service schedule and kilometers.

How can this be possible? How can VW not provide something as basic as average fuel consumption and distance to empty in the Trendline's MFD?
Old 10th November 2011, 19:11   #291
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
(A bit off topic)
Well, don’t worry too much about this video. Jeremy is a big fan of the Golf, and he feels the booted version on the Golf platform is not needed at all. It’s just his opinion, and is pure entertainment. If his reviews are taken seriously, no one will ever go near some of the popular brands e.g. Hyundai
Old 10th November 2011, 19:20   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

BTW is there any car that he has ever praised other then the Range rovers?
I remember watching an episode where he claimed Skoda Yeti to be the best car in the world! He did that while comparing it to a Ferrari sports car, Maybach, Range rovers, etc ... I think he is more of a comedian than an auto journalist.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 10th November 2011 at 19:25.
Old 11th November 2011, 09:08   #293
BHPian

@Rudra: Brilliant review and pics are just awesome. One question the Parking system is for both the front and back (like the Audi's) or just the back(like the Laura)?

The back has a great resemblance to the Audi A4 if I am not mistaken... If they had just thrown in the LED lights it would have been perfect an cheaper AUDI... None the less a brilliant but sadly have still to test drive it.
Old 11th November 2011, 17:52   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Well, don’t worry too much about this video. Jeremy is a big fan of the Golf, and he feels the booted version on the Golf platform is not needed at all. It’s just his opinion, and is pure entertainment. If his reviews are taken seriously, no one will ever go near some of the popular brands e.g. Hyundai
Guess it gets him the eye balls. Let the manufacturers figure out how to sell their cars!
Old 15th November 2011, 13:05   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adilj View Post
@Rudra: Brilliant review and pics are just awesome. One question the Parking system is for both the front and back (like the Audi's) or just the back(like the Laura)?

The back has a great resemblance to the Audi A4 if I am not mistaken... If they had just thrown in the LED lights it would have been perfect an cheaper AUDI... None the less a brilliant but sadly have still to test drive it.
The parking sensors are for both front & back. In TL & CL it is just audio feedback while on HL it has a parkatronic display on the ICE LCD
Old 17th November 2011, 01:55   #296
BHPian

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have finally taken delivery of my baby vdub on the 4th of November! It was a Friday, and the delivery experience was smooth as silk. The execs were very forthcoming and friendly. The dealer has been very good till date and I hope it will remain the same. They even had a couple of gifts thrown in at the time of delivery, while I too reciprocated.

The car, as we all know by now is simply brilliant! The silver leaf color is superb, and maybe only bettered by the black color, but since I have always been categorically against black in all my cars, it was never an option. Very well built and feels solid as in real solid. I have done around 750 kms with her by now including a long drive to Guruvayur temple to get her blessed. And the drive was exhilarating to say the least. The car feels solid as in real solid and planted to the tarmac. She always feels like a dog on a tight leash raring to go, just waiting for your command, which is just a slight prod at the accelerator. Any gear overtaking is simple and just ease the gas pedal a bit and off she goes. This is the true "pinned to the seat" feeling I have got after the Mazda 626 sports coupe I owned way back in 1996.

Well a detailed ownership thread is on the pipeline, (depending on public demand) though I am not sure when it will hit. i am tight pressed on time the coming week as I was since returning from the Holiday I took recently for the F1 race at Delhi. Moreover the whole of last week went into the National level conference of our association, the ISOCON 2011 held here at AIMS Cochin from 11.11.11 to 14.11.11 and organised by us. Hence the delay in letting you all in on the delightful news of my Jetta coming home.

Here are a few photos of the same. And i also wanted to let Rudra Sen know that I have taken the liberty to use his opening photo from this thread of the Jetta as cover picture for the album of my Jetta in my facebook albums. Hope it is alright.

Last edited by druk75 : 17th November 2011 at 02:20.
Old 17th November 2011, 02:44   #297
BHPian

Taking delivery, and at Guruvayur Temple, Thrissur.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20111104_154942.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20111104_155052.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20111104_155203.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20111106_112832.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20111106_112926.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20111106_113557.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20111106_113621.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20111106_113654.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-img_20111106_113808.jpg  

Old 17th November 2011, 06:56   #298
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have finally taken delivery of my baby vdub on the 4th of November! It was a Friday, and the delivery experience was smooth as silk. The execs were very forthcoming and friendly. The dealer has been very good till date and I hope it will remain the same. They even had a couple of gifts thrown in at the time of delivery, while I too reciprocated.
Congratulations Druk! Finally you managed to get hold of the car. And I think the Silver Leaf is by far the best shade available on the Jetta (followed by Silver and Toffee Brown).

Just to reconfirm – yours is the Comfortline trim right? If you don’t mind, can you please share the On-road price in Cochin (either here or via PM)?

Happy Driving, and please get the ownership thread out soon
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 15:43   #299
BHPian

I finally to got around to posting my Initial Ownership Report. That is now available on:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ne-2011-a.html
BalaSNKL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 18:15   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druk75 View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have finally taken delivery of my baby vdub on the 4th of November! It was a Friday, and the delivery experience was smooth as silk.
Congrats for picking up The Right Choice

I picked up my Black Beauty - HL AT recently & have driven approx 700 Kms including a 100 Km trip to the Balaji Temple near Pune. It has been a great experience & will continue to share more.

Most Viewed