Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2013, 09:46   #751
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

I am planning to buy Jetta Tdi, can anyone give an idea about the cost of Paid ASS on this vehicle.
Plus are VW parts expensive than the other companies if we compare in the same segment.
Old 12th March 2013, 12:12   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
I am planning to buy Jetta Tdi, can anyone give an idea about the cost of Paid ASS on this vehicle.
Plus are VW parts expensive than the other companies if we compare in the same segment.
There are no free ASS with Jetta. The first service is @ 1 year / 15000 Kms & every subsequent service at the same interval.

My first service costed approx 9850. You can read more on my thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2938011
vkaul1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 15:34   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1 View Post
Thanks a lot vKaul for the info.
The whole thread has been written very well indeed and it has already boosted my confidence in Jetta.

I am still in my planning phase, would surly post updates on the forum.
Thanks
Old 28th March 2013, 09:39   #754
Team-BHP Support

I remember reading earlier in this thread that the 2013 mfg Jetta Highline comes with Bluetooth integration and some other updates.
Does anyone have more information on this? VW is pretty poor in updating their website, and still shows old feature-set.
Old 29th March 2013, 19:12   #755
BHPian

Finally decided to take the plunge and booked the Jetta Trendline Diesel! Didn't want to stretch the budget for Comfortline. Also I thought some of the missing features can be added later. Delivery is expected in first or second week of April.

Since it's a trendline, some features are missing, and I wanted to know what things can I upgrade now or in near future:
  1. DRLs - I noticed that there are no holders for the DRLs in the headlight assembly. I was told that it is not easily possible to fit DRLs and the wiring is also missing. My guess is that it should not be too difficult to install the wiring and fit the DRLs. Does anyone have experience of doing this?
  2. Chrome trim on the front grille - For some reason VW decided that chrome trim is a premium thing . I have ordered a DIY Chrome moulding from ebay. Please share your experience if you have done this before.
  3. Headunit and Speakers - It's a pretty basic one and I can live with it for some time, having said that I would like to have a HU with USB or SD card slot and parking assistance (which is more important than USB/Bluetooth to me). Has anyone upgraded to RCD 510 or something better? Alternatively I am also thinking about something like Blaupunkt New York 800 with GPS and a reverse parking camera. Please share your experiences or suggest better alternatives. Thanks. Will also upgrade the number of speakers from the current four.
  4. Leather seat covers - This is not a priority but would like to do it in few months, though I am not sure how to deal with the side airbags or whether it is even possible to fit leather seat covers.
Also the sales person told me that extended warranty is no longer available on the Jetta. Is it true? When I had inquired about 6 months ago I was told that it was available for around 11k rupees.

Last edited by MandarMax : 29th March 2013 at 19:15.
MandarMax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 20:13   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
Also the sales person told me that extended warranty is no longer available on the Jetta. Is it true? When I had inquired about 6 months ago I was told that it was available for around 11k rupees.
Welcome to the Jetta club. Hope you have a trouble-free ride. Yes, EW is not available on the Jetta. I have been harassing my sales guy for an EW for the past 6 months. Still not offered on the Jetta. Also heard that VW withdrew the EW on the Passat too. Come on VW, its time you had more confidence on your premium products.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2013, 22:09   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Yes, EW is not available on the Jetta.
Interestingly their website still mentions about the EW - http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/value..._warranty.html.

I have written an email to VW customer care asking for clarification. Will post any updates here later.
Old 30th March 2013, 09:00   #758
Senior - BHPian

^
Extended warranty should be mandatorily purchased while buying any VW group cars as their spares are quite costly down the line and 4 years buffer is necessary for peace of mind.
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 15:37   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
^
Extended warranty should be mandatorily purchased while buying any VW group cars as their spares are quite costly down the line and 4 years buffer is necessary for peace of mind.
I agree, but what does a customer do if it is not offered. Apparently even the Passat does not have extended warranty now. I hope & pray that my Jetta stays trouble-free.
Old 30th March 2013, 16:40   #760
Senior - BHPian

Maybe off the topic, but i feel its relevant given the vast amount of criticism involving the VW Jetta pricing.

So i tried to find out about any discounts on the Jetta Highline AT in Delhi and no dealer seems to come forward with any. I cant believe they are still so stringent about their prices that they wont budge even in todays market situation.

My question is as follows-

What will be the price of the A3 Sedan when its launched in India? The A4 costs about 32L on road with all the discounts on offer and the Jetta costs around 23L for the Highline AT. Will the A3 cost say around 28L on road given the lower positioning of the masses brand VW and higher positioning Luxury brand Audi.
At 28L will people buy an A3 or stretch a little to buy an A4. People spending 28L for a car can surely pay an extra 10-12k a month in the form of EMIs for a 32L car.
Old 30th March 2013, 17:22   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
So i tried to find out about any discounts on the Jetta Highline AT in Delhi and no dealer seems to come forward with any. I cant believe they are still so stringent about their prices that they wont budge even in todays market situation.
There is close to 2L discount on the Jetta in Bangalore. I got to know of it last week when I met the sales guy who sold me the jetta.
Old 30th March 2013, 18:22   #762
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Maybe off the topic, but i feel its relevant given the vast amount of criticism involving the VW Jetta pricing.

What will be the price of the A3 Sedan when its launched in India? The A4 costs about 32L on road with all the discounts on offer and the Jetta costs around 23L for the Highline AT. Will the A3 cost say around 28L on road given the lower positioning of the masses brand VW and higher positioning Luxury brand Audi.

At 28L will people buy an A3 or stretch a little to buy an A4. People
spending 28L for a car can surely pay an extra 10-12k a month in the form of EMIs for a 32L car.
The A4 is going at the said price with all the discounts. This generation is almost at the last leg, and when the new one comes it should go up a few lakhs. With that, there should be enough space left to slot in the A3. Another point to note is, the A4 and Jetta is almost identical in dimensions, whereas the A3 is slightly smaller. Actually when I look at the current A4, the Jetta Highline AT (even with current price tag) looks like a good buy.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2013, 19:20   #763
BHPian

Quote:
So i tried to find out about any discounts on the Jetta Highline AT in Delhi and no dealer seems to come forward with any. I cant believe they are still so stringent about their prices that they wont budge even in todays market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
There is close to 2L discount on the Jetta in Bangalore. I got to know of it last week when I met the sales guy who sold me the jetta.
In Pune, there is a 1.25 Lakh cash discount + 30k exchange bonus + depending on company corporate discount up to 22k + discount on insurance around 20k. This comes close to Rs. 2 lakhs. This offer is across all variants, petrol as well as diesel. This makes it quite a good deal in my opinion (and that's why I booked the car )

Edit: does anyone have suggestions regarding my earlier post #755? I would really appreciate any inputs. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by MandarMax : 30th March 2013 at 19:25.
Old 31st March 2013, 10:45   #764
BHPian

As some readers of this thread will already know, I own a 2010 Jetta (old type) and my dad owns a late 2011 Jetta (new type). In the new one, the AC always takes 5 minutes from start to begin throwing cool air. I've tried it over the last week multiple times, and from cold start it takes 5 minutes. If parked somewhere, and taken after 2 hours, it takes between 1-2 minutes. In my Jetta, which has an ACC, this problem is non-existent. As long as it is parked in a shade, the AC starts cooling instantly.

I have complained about the new one's problem in both the 15k service and the 30k service, but nothing has been done. Should I complain to VW? Its around 38k km now on the new one and the warranty expires in September 2013.
Old 1st April 2013, 10:11   #765
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
I have complained about the new one's problem in both the 15k service and the 30k service, but nothing has been done. Should I complain to VW? Its around 38k km now on the new one and the warranty expires in September 2013.
I complained about this during my recent service. They replaced the filter and it has made a big difference. However, I would not be surprised if something else was also done. The car did a 40km trip somewhere (to the dealers main workshop facility?)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks