Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2013, 13:13   #796
BHPian

Ok guys what engine oil does the 2.0 tdi get in the 1st service ?
Asking because they put in castrol magnetic professional. Was expecting full synth.

Last edited by paras211 : 9th May 2013 at 13:23.
Old 12th May 2013, 23:20   #797
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
Ok guys what engine oil does the 2.0 tdi get in the 1st service ?
Asking because they put in castrol magnetic professional. Was expecting full synth.
Castrol Magnatec Professional comes in both fully and part synthetic variants as explained here. I believe, what was used for your car was fully-synthetic 5W-40 as that's what shown in vkaul1's 1st Service review here.

Did you note what was the grade of oil used?
Old 15th May 2013, 16:18   #798
BHPian

Ok I checked it was the full synth grade. But wow it was a bad service experience. Car not washed properly. Dirty streak marks all over.
Damp floor mats. And te worst. Oil or diesel covered engine bay to make it look shiny. One week later it looks yuck as all the dust and grime sticks to everything.
The one hour wait to get my car in spite of the car being ready didn't help.
Old 26th May 2013, 12:31   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post

Sorry for replying so late. Had been extremely busy this week at work, plus to make matters worse a Piaggio tempo scratched the Jetta's left hand side door while I was waiting for a signal so I had to send the car for getting fixed (It's such a beautiful car, I just couldn't live with the scratch!)

Anyway, you were right that there is a slot just behind the rear left headrest where you can insert a screwdriver and collapse the rear seat, but we found that only after some trial and error. Not that it is difficult to locate, but because some plastic from the rear seats was still not removed (the car is still new), it was difficult to see it at first. Even the guys at workshop didn't know this, it's not mentioned in their manuals I was told. I haven't still checked my own user's manual though.

Anyway, thanks a ton for the help! Really appreciate it.

I will post photos of the slot as soon as the car is back. It will help others if they get into a similar situation.

Regarding the rear camera, it's installed but it's not connected properly, so I will know about it only after the car is back next week. I am worried that the trendline most probably doesn't have CAN bus input present near the HU, I checked the original RCD030 which came with the car and it doesn't have the CAN bus inputs, so most probably the cables would not be present. I will need to check that and the cables are not present I will need some kind of jugaad to get the inputs from the BCM. I don't even know where the BCM is located, secondly I would need to find the pinout diagram to locate the CAN H and CAN L outputs on the BCM. Any help regarding this would be appreciated.
Hi mandarmax, I'm also in the process of getting a Jetta TL. Wanted help from you regarding the ICE upgrade as the stock system is really basic.
I'm really liking the blaupunkt system, and there's another megaaudio system that looks interesting, but the dealer is not ready to supply them and says the warranty might get void if I get it from outside. I know that warranty should not be a problem as long as there's no wire cutting, but I'm still scared. You never know how these dealers behave and look for an excuse to void the warranty. What are your views on this. Did you check with your service guys about this before installing. Do you think its worth taking a chance.
Also, have you been able to activate your camera. Last you wrote that its installed but not working properly.
About the ICE, the only option the dealership is giving me is a Nippon HU that they had in the ventp IPL edition. It's for about 32k including hr camera and saves me the worries about warranty. Does anybody have experience about this system?
A lot of people are also suggesting the RCD 510. There's some guy running a website called vagtune who has this system available. Checked the Baggins reviews on this forum only and the've been generally good. Not sure if it is available anywhere else in Mumbai. Help here also would be appreciated. Vagtune is selling for about 35k without GPS and and 55k with GPS.
So considering all the above warranty issues etc. What do you think would be the best option - blaupunkt, megaaudio, Nippon OEM or the RCD 510.
Help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Old 26th May 2013, 17:12   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsoboy View Post
regarding the ICE upgrade as the stock system is really basic.
I'm really liking the blaupunkt system
Here's a little research I did on the Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 OE system. No, it doesn't void the warranty as per Blaupunkt as it's approved by VAG and is fully canbus compliant. Have a look for details here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3126492
Old 26th May 2013, 17:25   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Here's a little research I did on the Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 OE system. No, it doesn't void the warranty as per Blaupunkt as it's approved by VAG and is fully canbus compliant. Have a look for details here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3126492
Thanks dkaile. Actually I had also gotten in touch with blaupunkt and they assured me its VAG approved. The problem is the dealer is still not agreeing. Anyway, will try pushing him further. Doubt if putting a mail to VW would give any positive reply.
How would you compare this with the RCD 510?
And if you have details of which camera can be installed onto jetta. I prefer the boot handle ones
Old 27th May 2013, 10:02   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How would you compare this with the RCD 510?
And if you have details of which camera can be installed onto jetta. I prefer the boot handle ones
RCD 510 is actually exactly similar to the Bolero system currently in my Superb. It does not have navigation built in but otherwise is a decent system for a OEM. But the Blaupunkt system is one step ahead. OEM cameras of VAG cars are easily available on ebay for around 100$. One example being - http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-RGB-REAR...item3cd0d596ce . There's also a RCD 510 with reverse camera combo for just 300$ which I think is a cracker of a deal - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-OEM-Radi...2a132a&vxp=mtr

Last edited by dkaile : 27th May 2013 at 10:05.
Old 27th May 2013, 22:39   #803
Senior - BHPian

I am with Dkaile. If you are just in the market without the built in RCD510, go ahead with a Blaupunkt or other systems where features are built in and it doesn require additional units to enable bt or aux etc.

RCD510 that comes with the car is plenty for me. But if the car came bland i would have definitely opted for something that has little more feature than the rcd510.
Old 28th May 2013, 09:50   #804
BHPian

Hi can someone tell me the difference between the Multi-function display present in the Jetta trendline and the Multi-function display PLUS that is present in the Jetta Comfortline

Thanks
jinu
Old 28th May 2013, 17:06   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinu_joseph View Post
Hi can someone tell me the difference between the Multi-function display present in the Jetta trendline and the Multi-function display PLUS that is present in the Jetta Comfortline
The multi-function plus that you get in the Comfortline and the Highline gives out information on Door open (with a picture of the particular door), average fuel consumption, instantaneous fuel consumption, average speed, real time speed, speed limit, outside temperature, time, trip and odo. In addition, it is used to select or deselect various features like auto lighting, ORVM settings, service setting and few other features which are available in these two trims. Mind you that all the information is not shown together and appears when you cycle through the menu using the steering mounted controls. The display is also a dot matrix LCD of a higher resolution, albeit a monochrome one.

The multi-function which you get on the Trendline is similar to the display that the Vento and the Polo get which, if i recall, gives out the trip, odo and the fuel consumption related information. A Vento/Polo/Jetta Trendline user will be able to tell you the exact feature set better. This display is controlled through buttons present on the wiper stalk IIRC since the Trendline does not get steering mounted controls.
Freewheelin_KD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 18:41   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Actually I had also gotten in touch with blaupunkt and they assured me its VAG approved. The problem is the dealer is still not agreeing.
Quite contrary to what information you got from Blaupunkt, I have a written confirmation from Blaupunkt Regional Sales Manager (West) stating that Philadelphia 835 is not approved by VW. However, since it is CANBUS compliant, it does not involve any wire cutting and thus, theoretically, should not void the warranty. I also got in touch with the Sales Rep at B.U.Bhandari, Pune to confirm the same and he is supposed to get back to me after checking with respective department.

I haven't yet got my Jetta and if this is true I am tempted to go with Comfortline variant and get the original system replaced with Blaupunkt one. Can anyone suggest if RCD510 of Highline would be better/at par with Philadelphia 835? What I read somewhere is that RCD510 is also manufactured by Blaupunkt only. Philadelphia 835 definitely looks a lot better though.
Old 29th May 2013, 22:53   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_treiber View Post

Quite contrary to what information you got from Blaupunkt, I have a written confirmation from Blaupunkt Regional Sales Manager (West) stating that Philadelphia 835 is not approved by VW. However, since it is CANBUS compliant, it does not involve any wire cutting and thus, theoretically, should not void the warranty. I also got in touch with the Sales Rep at B.U.Bhandari, Pune to confirm the same and he is supposed to get back to me after checking with respective de
That's interesting, coz the've confirmed to me that its approved. Anyway, do let me know if you hear anything positive from bu bhandari.

About the RCD manufacturing, I believe its a Bosch and not blaupunkt.
Old 30th May 2013, 09:42   #808
BHPian

Quote:
That's interesting, coz the've confirmed to me that its approved. Anyway, do let me know if you hear anything positive from bu bhandari.
Sure! will do.

Quote:
About the RCD manufacturing, I believe its a Bosch and not blaupunkt.
This is the link that mentions the manufacturer of RDC510 as Blaupunkt. Of course, I am not 100% sure of the correctness of the same.
Old 4th June 2013, 14:52   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_treiber View Post
Sure! will do.

This is the link that mentions the manufacturer of RDC510 as Blaupunkt. Of course, I am not 100% sure of the correctness of the same.
Hey, did you get any revert from bhandari.
And if I may ask, what are the discounts you're getting on the car in Pune
Old 4th June 2013, 16:06   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, did you get any revert from bhandari.
And if I may ask, what are the discounts you're getting on the car in Pune
The current discount in Bangalore is 1.25L cash discount + 20K Corp discount. You should be able to get this in Pune too.

Most Viewed