Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2013, 23:48   #916
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Hi , would like to know the engine rpm range to be maintained during the 1st 1500 kms.

Also what is the wax recommended to apply on alloys for longer life ?

Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 23:43   #917
Senior - BHPian

Doesn't Volkswagen dealers have mud flaps and floor mats for the Jetta? Have anybody got OE mats / flaps?
Old 19th August 2013, 00:44   #918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Doesn't Volkswagen dealers have mud flaps and floor mats for the Jetta? Have anybody got OE mats / flaps?
I would suggest to go with Kagu 3D mats and skip the oem ones. 3D mats are costly but worth the price. Mud flaps spoil the looks of a car, skip them. Lastly VW showroom should definitely have stocks of accessories, maybe they would have run out of stock for Jetta.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 06:51   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Yes, the dealers have the mudflaps, I got mine as a freebie. Regarding the mats, please go with 3D Kagu mats as el_lobo_6061 suggested, they are better than the ones the dealer has. They are a bit on the expensive side but worth it and gels with interiors very well.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 18:31   #920
BHPian

Gurus,

I booked Jetta Trendline TDi in Hyd for 17 lkahs on Road.It's 2013 model&candy white. Dealer today told me that 2012 jetta trnedline tdi is aslo available and which is shipped from Aurangabad plant along with the one I booked. The 2012 one is Silver one& dealer quoting me 16.12 lakhs for it.

I personally like white to silver.So my question is for the difference of 90,000Rs is it a wise descision to choose a year old model? or Should I stick with 2013 model? I need to take a descision by tomorrow eveening.

Any help please?
Old 22nd August 2013, 19:21   #921

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_treiber View Post
First of all, welcome to the forum! I would be able to help you with one of your queries as I myself was looking for an ICE upgrade when booking a Jetta. I ended up booking a HL primarily because of ICE (and the alloys, of course). Anyways, back to your query on ICE upgrade, I checked the same with multiple dealers and all did confirm that an upgrade will void the warranty. Now the most interesting thing that came out of the entire discussion was that the VW authorised dealers are themselves offering a Caska as an upgrade but when I enquired about Blaupunkt, I was told that it would void the warranty. Further, when confronted that how is it that they themselves are offering a cheaper(in terms of quality, not price) Chinese alternative, they said it will void the warranty too. Of course, since they knew that I am not going for Caska anyways, they just said what they felt right! What it makes me think is that this "Voiding Warranty" is something that is in hands of the dealer and not at VW level. So, may be, you can talk to the dealer in your area and see if he can have the ICE of your choice installed "without" voiding the warranty. Disclaimer: I could be wrong here though!
I tried talking to the dealer and he was like Volkswagen has not given them any options for the Jetta as of now and they cannot make any changes without information from Volkswagen . They were like they have sent a request letter to volkswagen and are waiting for their reply . Don't know how far it is true though. Now i have my friends asking me to upgrade the Ice outside and that it would not void my warranty in any way unless the installation is not done properly .. Iam totally confused .
Old 22nd August 2013, 20:15   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevReddy View Post
Gurus,

I booked Jetta Trendline TDi in Hyd for 17 lkahs on Road.It's 2013 model&candy white. Dealer today told me that 2012 jetta trnedline tdi is aslo available and which is shipped from Aurangabad plant along with the one I booked. The 2012 one is Silver one& dealer quoting me 16.12 lakhs for it.

I personally like white to silver.So my question is for the difference of 90,000Rs is it a wise descision to choose a year old model? or Should I stick with 2013 model? I need to take a descision by tomorrow eveening.

Any help please?
I think you can get a higher discount on the 2012 model. I was being offered 1.5L discount on a 2012 model a couple of months ago. How many months difference between the manufacturing dates of the 2 cars.

90k I think is too little a difference on a 17L car for a 2nd preference color and an older model.
Old 22nd August 2013, 20:39   #923
BHPian

Mod team note: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote+) instead. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
I think you can get a higher discount on the 2012 model. I was being offered 1.5L discount on a 2012 model a couple of months ago. How many months difference between the manufacturing dates of the 2 cars.

90k I think is too little a difference on a 17L car for a 2nd preference color and an older model.
Thanks Wysiwyg for your quick reply. I will find out manufacturing time difference between these two models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah1555 View Post
I tried talking to the dealer and he was like Volkswagen has not given them any options for the Jetta as of now and they cannot make any changes without information from Volkswagen . They were like they have sent a request letter to volkswagen and are waiting for their reply . Don't know how far it is true though. Now i have my friends asking me to upgrade the Ice outside and that it would not void my warranty in any way unless the installation is not done properly .. Iam totally confused .
Luckily VW agreed to upgrade ICE in my case. I'm taking blaupunkt philadelphia 835 for my Trendline .

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd August 2013 at 21:05. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote+) instead. Thanks.
Old 23rd August 2013, 18:35   #924
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta 2011 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
  • Love the new brown paint job
  • The brake light
  • new colors
  • Alloy of highline
Is this reflex silver metallic colour? Please confirm.
Old 23rd August 2013, 19:24   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
How many months difference between the manufacturing dates of the 2 cars..
2013 model VIN-->WVWA13169DA550240, It's Jan 2013

2012 model VIN--> WVWM12164DA571469, It's Dec 2012

There is only one month difference between these two models. Dealer finally agreed to 16lakhs on road where as for 13 model it's 17lakhs. Decided to go with 12 model. Thank you Wysiwyg25 for your quick insightful comment.
Old 24th August 2013, 16:25   #926
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There is only one month difference between these two models. Dealer finally agreed to 16lakhs on road where as for 13 model it's 17lakhs. Decided to go with 12 model. Thank you Wysiwyg25 for your quick insightful comment.
Any reason for not opting for a more recent make car? Its almost September and you ought to get a June onwards made car. In between the January and December cars obviously the 2012 one makes more sense with the additional discount.
Old 24th August 2013, 18:45   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Any reason for not opting for a more recent make car? Its almost September and you ought to get a June onwards made car. In between the January and December cars obviously the 2012 one makes more sense with the additional discount.
Hi drmohitg, When I booked 13 model car, Jan13 make is the one they got from plant. I probably have no choice here as they may make me wait 3 more months if I wanted more recent car. They are giving me car in just 2 weeks.
Old 24th August 2013, 19:25   #928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi drmohitg, When I booked 13 model car, Jan13 make is the one they got from plant. I probably have no choice here as they may make me wait 3 more months if I wanted more recent car. They are giving me car in just 2 weeks.
They are delivering you the car in just 2 weeks and at the same time telling you that this is what they have got directly from the plant? It sounds totally fishy to me. For them to order a car and get it from Pune in less than 2 weeks and then it turns out to be a Jan model. I feel the dealer here is taking you for a ride. I would rather buy a current month make when I am putting 17 large ones on a car specially knowing that German cars are full of surprises and costly repairs. Jetta sells in decent numbers and even then the dealer is passing on a 8 month old car to you is unjustified.
Old 24th August 2013, 21:20   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
They are delivering you the car in just 2 weeks and at the same time telling you that this is what they have got directly from the plant? It sounds totally fishy to me. For them to order a car and get it from Pune in less than 2 weeks and then it turns out to be a Jan model. I feel the dealer here is taking you for a ride. I would rather buy a current month make when I am putting 17 large ones on a car specially knowing that German cars are full of surprises and costly repairs. Jetta sells in decent numbers and even then the dealer is passing on a 8 month old car to you is unjustified.
Hi Drmohitg,

Yesterday when I was at the showroom dealer delivered a Jetta Highline to a customer. I noticed it's VIN number it's March13 model.

Dealer promised me 2 weeks but 2 weeks already over and car is still in transit as per their database status. so it may take a few more days to come to Hyd.

I will talk to them tomorrow, will ask for a latest make. Thanks for your insightful comments.
Old 25th August 2013, 17:23   #930
BHPian

Quote:

Luckily VW agreed to upgrade ICE in my case. I'm taking blaupunkt philadelphia 835 for my Trendline .

Are they also installing the parking sensors and integrating it with the Blaupunkt 835

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks