Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2014, 00:29   #1396
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Any purchase links for the same model that you have come across?
Yup, here's the link to the page. I went for the Sigma Ultimate in Beige as it gelled with the interiors and I liked the carpeted look and feel of it.

Quote:
Trust me when i say i park in an open dusty area. Within a day the car would like as if it was hit by a Sand storm.
What you need then is a Jopasu Car Duster. 2-3 minutes using this and your car will be totally dust-free. Costs less than a car cover and has stellar reviews on here too. I can vouch for it, I use it almost every day.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 10:35   #1397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How do these navigation devices work? Are they accurate or they mislead by giving out the shortcut routes. I have pretty bad experiences with Google maps. I dont see much of a difference between 50LM and 52LM. On flipkart it is priced at 9,990. I guess you bought it from a local dealer at that price?

Trust me, I had a pretty bad experience with Google maps on my iphone and hence stopped using it ever since and i feel the stand alone might be more reliable and time saving and hence the idea to invest in One.
GPS Units; 3 things are important:

1. GPS Hardware - Dedicated ones are more powerful, sensitive and accurate. Will respond faster to change in directions.

2. Processor speed - Faster the better - 52LM is faster than 50LM. 50LM is an outdated model. This helps in calculating routes faster and GPS responds faster.

3. Map - I use MapMyIndia - It takes me through shortest route always and puts me in trouble. I think, we need to apply our logic also, while driving in India..

Please check Map reviews!! That might help

Quote:
The vin number has B before 14 so i wonder if its Feb manufactured or March. The SE said for Jetta its diffrerent(vin decoding) when compared to Vento and polo and there will be no alphabet 'A' for Jetta's and so its March manufactured he said. Is this true ?
Try Wildon! The guru!!
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 12:52   #1398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Yup, here's the link to the page. I went for the Sigma Ultimate in Beige as it gelled with the interiors and I liked the carpeted look and feel of it.
I plan to go with the Dapper Spider Mats, they look good enough and are rubber. May be ill go with Black. At 2400 they seem to be value for money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
What you need then is a Jopasu Car Duster. 2-3 minutes using this and your car will be totally dust-free. Costs less than a car cover and has stellar reviews on here too. I can vouch for it, I use it almost every day.
I plan to order the gift kit which has all the essentials. However my friend says they can be bought even cheaper from the local dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
GPS Units; 3 things are important:

1. GPS Hardware - Dedicated ones are more powerful, sensitive and accurate. Will respond faster to change in directions.

2. Processor speed - Faster the better - 52LM is faster than 50LM. 50LM is an outdated model. This helps in calculating routes faster and GPS responds faster.

3. Map - I use MapMyIndia - It takes me through shortest route always and puts me in trouble. I think, we need to apply our logic also, while driving in India..
Please check Map reviews!! That might help

I absoultely have zero knowledge on this, I was under the impression that just buying a unit is enough. But in MapMyIndia site i see that we have to buy the maps(for garmin unit), Also i'm confused with lifetime free maps by Garmin. I guess i should do some reading on this. If the routes are not accurate then i guess its not worth buying these units?? I once wound up into a private area because Google maps directed me there as a short cut.
Old 16th April 2014, 17:04   #1399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This thread is very huge and didn't know where to start and hence turned to Jetta thread for maintenance tips from the current owners
Try reading the thread from last page and you shall find a lot of good advice. You can always jot down your doubts and they shall be answered by a bhpian.

Quote:
Can you let me know what this DuPont Tyvek is ? I have seen the regular silver covers.
Tyvek is a brand of flashspun high-density polyethylene fibers, a synthetic material; the name is a registered trademark of DuPont. The material is very strong, it is difficult to tear but can easily be cut with scissors or a knife. Water vapor can pass through Tyvek, but not liquid water.

Its much better than normal silver cover. Ask VW Workshop manager and he shall be able to get you one from their workshop warehouse. SA are pretty bad at knowing things.

You can read more about Tyvek at following link.

Quote:
Trust me, I had a pretty bad experience with Google maps on my iphone and hence stopped using it ever since and i feel the stand alone might be more reliable and time saving and hence the idea to invest in One.
I would suggest you to try GMaps once again. I have been using them for road trips from Mumbai to Goa, Aurangabad, Ganpatiphule and recent one to Hyderabad & never had any problem. Only thing you need to do is plot markers and get the route. GPS always suggest shortest route which way me through small by lanes also and we need to figure out one which would work best.

I hope it was Google Maps and not Apple maps with which you had trouble.

Quote:
The 3D mats in the first page of the link you posted are lovely! Any purchase links that you are aware of ?
Try posting on T-Bhp thread for Kagu 3D mats and someone may suggest you a dealer in HYD.

Quote:
The vin number has B before 14 so i wonder if its Feb manufactured or March. The SE said for Jetta its diffrerent(vin decoding) when compared to Vento and polo and there will be no alphabet 'A' for Jetta's and so its March manufactured he said. Is this true ?
As again SE is not well informed. All VW cars have same VIN decoding method. Going by your VIN details your Jetta is Feb 2014 manufactured.

For more details you can refer to following link.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 17:52   #1400
BHPian

My Jetta has gone for its first servicing (B U Bhandari, Pune). The service adviser has given a cost estimate of around Rs 12k. Is that normal?
Old 16th April 2014, 18:48   #1401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
My Jetta has gone for its first servicing (B U Bhandari, Pune). The service adviser has given a cost estimate of around Rs 12k. Is that normal?
I guess that is normal, Many posts on this thread suggest that the service costs for Jetta would cost arount 15000 per year. So without any replacements or add-on's that cost should be correct.
Old 17th April 2014, 19:50   #1402
BHPian

Going through Pre-Delivery Anxiety disorder and was getting bugged at home so was trying out a new app to compare colors. Last minute thoughts anyone? Just clicked a pic today when I went down for the PDI. I was carried over by the color and the car I guess I missed a lot of PDI from our team bhp PDI list.

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-image.jpg

Last edited by Amarendranath : 17th April 2014 at 19:57.
Old 17th April 2014, 21:24   #1403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last minute thoughts anyone?
If only deciding color was tough, there is a facelift coming out. Though my color choice Shadow Blue aka Tempest Blue Metallic.

2015 VW Jetta.
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-jetta-2015-front-3-quaters.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-jetta-2015-rear-3-quaters.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-jetta-2015-interior.jpg

Source:
Old 17th April 2014, 21:34   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
If only deciding color was tough, there is a facelift coming out. Though my color choice Shadow Blue aka Tempest Blue Metallic.

2015 VW Jetta.
Attachment 1231125

Attachment 1231126

Attachment 1231127

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=DlDxXXlvNOM

Source:

Yup! I checked it out yesterday itself, in glad I'm going with the current model. The new jetta somehow didn't appeal much. The tail lamp design also I prefer the current generation. Also the air vents on the front bumper are better on the current model. The sharpness of the current model is lost in the new one. The only thing I liked is the better looking interior and again. Not many changes so no regrets at all. And I cannot wait for another 6months also the pricing will differ. I'm sure the new jetta won't be coming until the year end.
Old 17th April 2014, 21:55   #1405
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
The face looks very American. I won't be surprised if these changes are only for the US Jetta and does not flow into the Euro spec Jetta (which is sold in India).
Old 18th April 2014, 08:44   #1406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandarMax View Post
The estimate seems alright. My first service cost me 13.5K (which also included some wiring which was cut by rats).
shivasuma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 21:13   #1407
BHPian

Things to do D-Day
• Make up some vague reason and take a leave – check
• Carry anxiety pill in handy till the car is delivered- check
• Reach the showroom by 10am and monitor everything –check
• Wear clothes matching the car – check
• Get the gift packed for the SE- check
• Buy Pooja related stuff – check

Things to do after Delivery
• Tip all the Workers—check
• Give the purchased gift to the SE- check
• Drive Straight to the temple and get the Pooja done- check
• Buy car care products- check
• Drool all over the car – check
• Walk into your bedroom and dance for a mass song – check
• Click pictures like crazy – check
• Write down the above points on team-bhp – check

Things to do on team-bhp
• Brag about your car – check
• Eat the brains of fellow bhpians from day 2 – to be checked.
• Thank the entire team bhp family for their support

Ladies and Gentlemen and my dear fellow BHPians, I would like to tell you all that i have successfully taken the delivery of my India's first(SE showed the inventory copy), AP's Hyderabad's first and the most important of all the first ever and one and only Tempest Blue Metallic Jetta Highline AT on TEAM-BHP. I had to rush in the last minute. The delivery was planned on the 20th April but change in plans took the car today itself and hence missed a lot of stuff including the tyre change. I thank from the bottom of my heart- iliketurtles, chethan, graaja, viddy and not to mention car.lover without your post all of this public going gaga over the color of my car wouldn't have happened.

And now Here comes the Royal Highness

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-pho1to.jpg

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-photo.jpg
Amarendranath is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 21:22   #1408
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
And now Here comes the Royal Highness
Congratulations, and welcome to the Jetta club. The car looks wonderful. Wishing you thousands and thousands of safe, trouble free and fun filled miles! Dont make us wait long for the ownership thread with tons of photos of the beauty!
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 21:25   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
Things to do D-Day

Things to do on team-bhp
• Eat the brains of fellow bhpians from day 2 – to be checked.
• Thank the entire team bhp family for their support
Very aptly mentioned the emotions Amarendra. Congratulations. The blue is the beauty and that too since its the first ownership, you couldn't have been happier. Wish you happy miles with the tempest beauty. Drive safe.
Sanjubose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2014, 23:56   #1410
BHPian

Quote:

AP's Hyderabad's first and the most important of all the first ever and one and only Tempest Blue Metallic Jetta Highline AT on TEAM-BHP. I had to rush in the last minute.
Dude I'm jealous. That car is hot! I wish I could have bought it in the same colour. Darn Volkswagen to hell! Why couldn't they introduce this colour at the very beginning!. Do post your ownership thread and show off some more pic.
Wishing you many more safe miles!
Regards,
thebfg is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks