Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2014, 03:02   #1411
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations on the purchase amarendranath! She looks gorgeous, more so in that color. Please do us the honor of a detailed ownership thread with tonnes of pics.

And now, excuse me. My friends and I have tickets to Hyderabad to cancel
iliketurtles is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 13:16   #1412
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Congratulations, and welcome to the Jetta club. The car looks wonderful. Wishing you thousands and thousands of safe, trouble free and fun filled miles! Dont make us wait long for the ownership thread with tons of photos of the beauty!
Thankyou Graaja for your kind words, I will surely try to complete the review soon. Shall head out tomorrow for clicking pics. I now have a new problem which i will mention in a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjubose View Post
Very aptly mentioned the emotions Amarendra. Congratulations. The blue is the beauty and that too since its the first ownership, you couldn't have been happier. Wish you happy miles with the tempest beauty. Drive safe.
Thankyou Sanju, you should seen the dance i did in my bedroom and ohh yes! i'm totally enjoying the to be first status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesh View Post
Congratulations sir on your purchase :-) stunning colour
Thankyou nikesh, indeed a beautiful color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
Dude I'm jealous. That car is hot! I wish I could have bought it in the same colour. Darn Volkswagen to hell! Why couldn't they introduce this colour at the very beginning!. Do post your ownership thread and show off some more pic.
Wishing you many more safe miles!
Regards,
Haha, thankyou thebfg. Will surely upload more pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Many congratulations on the purchase amarendranath! She looks gorgeous, more so in that color. Please do us the honor of a detailed ownership thread with tonnes of pics.

And now, excuse me. My friends and I have tickets to Hyderabad to cancel
Thankyou iliketurtles, All my apprehensions of the color to the grave now. And yes i have also cancelled the cab that i booked for you to pick you up from the Airport.

Okay, so here what i faced today morning. Remember the sandstorm i was talking about previously. Today morning that happened and i was all set to clean the car. When i picked up 3M cloths from 3M yesterday, his advice was to spill water all over the car so that while wiping it wont scratch. I did that but not satisfied with the result. The car looks good from a distance and when viewed closely there are wipe marks. Trust me not once in years have a cleaned my old car nor cared if the paint would scratch. May be for Jetta im going over cautious. Any links that would give me the basics of cleaning ? of is it just Dusting the car, use water and then wipe? Here is what i did in the morning. I didn't dust off the car first before using water.

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-photo-1.jpg

The car really looks really clean and beautiful from a distance

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-photo-2.jpg

In this pic, you'll know what i mean

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-photo-3.jpg

Also all dust marks on this window.

So kindly guide or educate me on this, as i never really maintained the old car and i want it to be different with the Jetta. Also waiting for the Jopasu duster that i ordered. Using that i will probably dust off and take care on weekdays. During weekends is where i might face a problem

Last edited by Amarendranath : 19th April 2014 at 13:21.
Old 19th April 2014, 15:33   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
So kindly guide or educate me on this, as i never really maintained the old car and i want it to be different with the Jetta. Also waiting for the Jopasu duster that i ordered. Using that i will probably dust off and take care on weekdays. During weekends is where i might face a problem
You'll need a pipe and a bucket. In the bucket, take some water and mix some detergent in it and using a mug pour the solution all over the car. Now take your pipe and wash the detergent off. Use a micro-fiber towel (preferably large) to pat dry the vehicle. Now your Jetta looks 2 million buck.
Old 19th April 2014, 16:45   #1414
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Even I am like you. The only water wash I used to do on my Getz is using soap oil and that too once in 2 weeks. I used to always end up with the same results as you have shown in the photos. Recently, did some reading/viewing about car cleaning. Here is the process that many articles/videos suggest.

1. Fill a bucket with water mixed with detergent. You could use regular detergent/soap oil or shampoo. However, they recommend neutral ph solution. So, the recommended solution is to use a good car shampoo.
2. Fill another bucket with plain water.
3. With either a micro-fiber towel or mitt, gently apply the soap solution to the car to lift all the dust particles. Very important to use micro-fiber cloth as regular cotton cloth will result in striation marks. Once you apply the soap solution to the car, before dipping the towel in the soap solution, rinse it in pure water. This will dissolve the dust particles and not contaminate the fresh soap solution.
4. Gently rinse the car with running water
5. With a large micro-fiber towel, pat dry the car, or just run the towel on the car to remove the water.

Once in 2 months or as required, you could spray a wax like Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax spray. Once in 6 months or a year, you could get a 3M car treatment.

Some tips:
1. Do not wash the car in sunlight. This will result in water drying up fast and leaving scales.
2. Do not wash the car when it is still hot from running. This will produce the same result as #1
3. Use micro-fiber towels to wash and dry the car. This will prevent striation marks.

Here is a video that shows the process. The video is for Meguiar's wash and wax.

Here is another from Armorall Wash and Wax.

I have ordered the following items.

1. Jopasu duster, which I already have and I guess you have this too
2. Armor all ultrashine wash and wax
3. Vheelocity - Multi Purpose Microfiber Dry Wet Cleaning Polishing Cloth Set of 3
4. Vheelocity - Microfiber Glove Mitt for Car Cleaning Washing (Set of 3)
5. Meguiar's Ultimate Quick wax Spray
6. ArmorAll - Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner
7. Meguiar's water magnet - I ordered this at snapdeal at a price of 650, but they ran out of stock. Now autofresh has this for 1070 bucks, and hence I am putting this on hold. Will try the regular microfiber cloth first and order this only if required.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by graaja : 19th April 2014 at 16:47.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 19:00   #1415
BHPian

Quote:

Even I am like you. The only water wash I used to do on my Getz is using soap oil and that too once in 2 weeks. I used to always end up with the same results as you have shown in the photos. Recently, did some reading/viewing about car cleaning. Here is the process that many articles/videos suggest.

Once in 2 months or as required, you could spray a wax like Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax spray. Once in 6 months or a year, you could get a 3M car treatment.

Some tips:
1. Do not wash the car in sunlight. This will result in water drying up fast and leaving scales.
2. Do not wash the car when it is still hot from running. This will produce the same result as #1
3. Use micro-fiber towels to wash and dry the car. This will prevent striation marks.
Hope this helps.

From What I have been reading and watching since morning and thanks to your videos which just confirmed this.

1. Spray water on a dusty car. (Due to wax coating, the water was gliding down and dust remained on the car)
2. Spray shampoo in a way which creates a foam wash and clean using mitts.
3. Rinse using clean water
4. Tap dry the car using micro fibers.
5. Wax the car
6. Polish it.

One doubt i have is whether the car can be washed daily with the above procedure? Jopasu duster will do for daily use. When the paint has a grainy texture now and as i parked under a tree.

If this is correct, I found a link which is to good to be true , I'm sure sure if the product quality though may be I'll order a shampoo and spray on wax from somewhere else, what do you guys think. ? Here is the link

http://m.snapdeal.com/product/autofu...mbo/1420748365

But as my car has a wax coating, Spraying water with all the dust and washing with a shampoo has left patches kind of marks all over. May be called as scales and i was washing the car in sunlight. May be i had to use that spray on foam wash and then clean it again with a micro fibre. And today when parked under a tree a grainy texture formed all over the car and that is definitely not spray on paint. Looks like the dust got all greasy. Now task is to remove that greasy layer tomorrow morning

Last edited by Amarendranath : 19th April 2014 at 19:29.
Old 19th April 2014, 20:42   #1416
Senior - BHPian

Amarendranath!!! Congratulations!!

I am seriously thinking of trading my 7 months old car for this color!

Car looks Royal to say the least. Enjoy and drive safe.

IMO, Jopasu duster is all that you require for daily use. Please get a paint protection treatment done asap. Swirl marks can not be avoided irrespective of what we do - So, do not worry!!

Eagerly waiting for your ownership review with a lot of pictures.
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 22:01   #1417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Amarendranath!!! Congratulations!!

I am seriously thinking of trading my 7 months old car for this color!

Car looks Royal to say the least. Enjoy and drive safe.
Thankyou chethan! You have no idea, i have been thoroughly enjoying all the attention that i have been getting for the color

Quote:
IMO, Jopasu duster is all that you require for daily use. Please get a paint protection treatment done asap.
Ordered the duster and waiting for delivery. Do you mean the paint sealant application or the paint protection film ? I also saw the below treatment which is being done in Hyderabad.

Synthetic Shield Coating - 5 Step (4 Hours Working time)
1.Detail Washing,
2.Claying,
3.Filling Layer,
4.Glazing Layer,
5.Meguiars Synthetic Sealent Layer.

Quote:
Eagerly waiting for your ownership review with a lot of pictures.
I will try to click pictures tomorrow, which in case doesn't happen will have to wait till the next weekend. Will try and finish the write up by then.
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 22:07   #1418
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One doubt i have is whether the car can be washed daily with the above procedure? Jopasu duster will do for daily use. When the paint has a grainy texture now and as i parked under a tree.

If this is correct, I found a link which is to good to be true , I'm sure sure if the product quality though may be I'll order a shampoo and spray on wax from somewhere else, what do you guys think. ? Here is the link

http://m.snapdeal.com/product/autofu...mbo/1420748365
You dont have to do this wash procedure every day. For everyday just use the Jopasu duster to remove the dust. That is more than enough. In fact, I have been using the Jopasu duster last two weeks since I bought my car and the car still looks new. Use the wash process once a week, maybe during weekend.

Also, the product that you have provided the link, does not have any details. So, my advice would be not to waste your money on this and buy products that have enough user reviews (except for the micro-fiber clothes, all the products that I ordered had plenty of reviews in Amazon).

Quote:
But as my car has a wax coating, Spraying water with all the dust and washing with a shampoo has left patches kind of marks all over. May be called as scales and i was washing the car in sunlight. May be i had to use that spray on foam wash and then clean it again with a micro fibre. And today when parked under a tree a grainy texture formed all over the car and that is definitely not spray on paint. Looks like the dust got all greasy. Now task is to remove that greasy layer tomorrow morning
I don't think the patches are due to the wax. They should mostly be due to the hardness of the water. When the water dries up, it leaves the calcium/magnesium salts as a layer. You have to wipe the water clean before it dries. That is why you should avoid washing in the sunlight. The ideal time to wash would be around 7 in the morning. Also, as Chethan has suggested, get a paint protection treatment done on the car ASAP.

It is just a matter of time before you find the right washing routine. Good luck
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 22:42   #1419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you mean the paint sealant application or the paint protection film ? I also saw the below treatment which is being done in Hyderabad.

Synthetic Shield Coating - 5 Step (4 Hours Working time)
1.Detail Washing,
2.Claying,
3.Filling Layer,
4.Glazing Layer,
5.Meguiars Synthetic Sealent Layer.
Paint sealant application. I have Diamond Bright on my car.

The one you have mentioned also looks good..

Paint protection film is good, but must be costing a bomb!
Chethan B G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2014, 09:42   #1420
BHPian

I'm on my way to get the Synthetic coating done. what we will be experiencing at work, home is a lot of tree sap and dust. I don't think Jopasu duster can wipe off the tree dust. Looks like body cover is going to be a must. I wonder how long will my father get down and cover the car when he parks it at work. I tried cleaning the car with a glass of water, the dust when rubbed with a fiber cloth is coming off easily but i can see what you can are the drag lines. Going down to car glitz and will ask them for tips as to what can be done.

And as for paint protrection treament. I have two options. 3M and the other is synthetic sealent layer coating.

3M-
  1. 7- stage process
  2. costs around 6700
  3. Beneficial if the car is a year old.

I chose the syntetic layer coating as it is
  1. A 5 stage
  2. My car is brand new so mineral cleaning(part of 3M's 7-stage) is not required i feel
  3. Costs comparitvely cheaper around 5000

What do you think? Now that i got to know how to properly wash a car, my only concern now is the tree sap.
Old 20th April 2014, 20:51   #1421
BHPian

I just got my Jetta C-Quartz treatment from the Ultimate Detailerz. No doubts about the quality and service of these guys. Costed 10K with some 3-4 step process of Iron decontamination, layered polish, C-Quartz treatment etc. Happy with the finish. The shine looks like it is going to stay and not those temporary wax polish ones. Attached are some quick pics.
One surprise I found while they did their job for almost 5-6 hours (left the car overnight actually), were the minor scratch marks all over the body. Probably more so because of black color, but its been 1.5 months with 2.7K km of mostly highway driving and 7-8 days of jopasu duster and 3 personal care shampoo washes with micro fibers. Mohsin from UD told me these are unavoidable but C-Quartz will lessen them and prevent to an extent.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0233tbhp.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0232tbhp.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0236tbhp.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0238tbhp.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0244tbhp.jpg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-dsc_0250tbhp.jpg  

Sanjubose is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th April 2014, 21:45   #1422
Senior - BHPian

Oh my god that shine! It's sensational!

Thanks for the pics. It's great to see the effect of a c-quartz treatment on a black car, been thinking very, very seriously of driving down to Bangalore to get this done since I can't find anyone in mumbai who can do it. Given all the rave reviews I've heard about it, I'm sure it's money well spent.

Keep us posted on how it holds up, although I have a fair idea how it will.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2014, 23:48   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
I just got my Jetta C-Quartz treatment from the Ultimate Detailerz. No doubts about the quality and service of these guys. Costed 10K with some 3-4 step process of Iron decontamination, layered polish, C-Quartz treatment etc. Happy with the finish. The shine looks like it is going to stay and not those temporary wax polish ones. Attached are some quick pics.
One surprise I found while they did their job for almost 5-6 hours (left the car overnight actually), were the minor scratch marks all over the body. Probably more so because of black color, but its been 1.5 months with 2.7K km of mostly highway driving and 7-8 days of jopasu duster and 3 personal care shampoo washes with micro fibers. Mohsin from UD told me these are unavoidable but C-Quartz will lessen them and prevent to an extent.

The shine looks stunning sanjubose! Discussed a lot with those guys on how and what various coatings are, I plan to get the titanium quartz coating done 8 months down the line. That aside i had also got a similar finish done today. It was called the Synthetic sealant coating. Left a mirror like finish on the car. Entire process took around 5 hours.

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-photo.jpg

I also got to see a fortuner with stay kool applied on his windows. I would say i was not at all impressed with the job. The windows have become cloudy and when i spoke to the owner he said he was planning to get it removed from the windscreen. It costed him 12k for the entire car. I guess the work will improve over time. Unfortunately i forgot to click a pic and left for lunch when i got back he had left from the spa.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 20th April 2014 at 23:58.
Amarendranath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 06:44   #1424
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I just got my Jetta C-Quartz treatment from the Ultimate Detailerz. No doubts about the quality and service of these guys.
Your car looks fantabulous! It seems as if the car is made out of mirror! Can clearly make out your reflection with the camera on a couple of shots. If this lasts for 2 years as they claim, I think this is definitely money well spent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
...been thinking very, very seriously of driving down to Bangalore to get this done since I can't find anyone in mumbai who can do it.
iliketurtles, an alternative option to driving down to Bangalore is to get the C-Quarts liquid from their online stores and have your local detailer apply it for you. I saw an instruction video online as well that shows the application process. It is quite straightforward.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 09:04   #1425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
iliketurtles, an alternative option to driving down to Bangalore is to get the C-Quarts liquid from their online stores and have your local detailer apply it for you.
Yeah, I saw it available online. But then I have no idea how someone with no experience of it would do it. If they botch it, it's money down the drain. Trying to figure out if I can get it done somehow, but won't just hand it over to anyone

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks