Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2014, 13:30   #1666
R17
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
Mate, the changes the GM confirmed are those that neeld had mentioned in his helpful post, which I'd quoted in my previous post.

He indicated that the first cars will be available starting Feb 2015. Apparently, 2014 DSG models are already sold out, as are all Passats.
If the Indian cars are CKD from Mexico without localization or modification of the BIW, then a key change would be the structural upgrades to the 2015 Jetta, which led to its improved crash test performance - http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...pick-plus.html

That apart, the changes seem predominantly aesthetic in nature.

Asked a VW dealer in Mumbai what sort of a price uptick he expected for the 2015 model - he said there was no clarity on that aspect, yet.
Old 9th October 2014, 14:18   #1667
BHPian

The jetta has finished almost 2000 kms with the aid of a few highway trips. Fuel efficiency so far
60% highway and 40% city (trip to shivanasamudram) - 14.61 kmpl
100 % city with a couple of crawling in traffic cases : 12.23 kmpl
80% highway 20% city (trip to kabini) : 15.92 kmpl
100 % highway (trip to CBE via dimbham ghats/sathy) : 17.55 kmpl

The steering wheel vibrations seem to have come down after a trip to ASS. The brakes still feel mushy but I have gotten used to it. Will probably get it checked again during the first service.

The car is a treat to drive and I was taking curves at speeds I had never done before. Also discovered that you could use the paddle shifters without putting the transmission in tiptronic mode. So any time I am trying to overtake a slow moving vehicle in a 2 lane road, all I need to do is flick the paddle to get into a lower gear, wait for the opening and gun. The transmission automatically settles down into D or S mode after that.
etrast75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 19:34   #1668
BHPian

Guys what is the tyre pressure to be maintained on the Jetta. While delivery they had suggested 32psi. Plz suggest if that is accurate.
Old 9th October 2014, 20:36   #1669
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashgp View Post
Guys what is the tyre pressure to be maintained on the Jetta. While delivery they had suggested 32psi. Plz suggest if that is accurate.
I find 32PSI is the most optimum setting
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 20:46   #1670
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
The car is a treat to drive and I was taking curves at speeds I had never done before. Also discovered that you could use the paddle shifters without putting the transmission in tiptronic mode. So any time I am trying to overtake a slow moving vehicle in a 2 lane road, all I need to do is flick the paddle to get into a lower gear, wait for the opening and gun. The transmission automatically settles down into D or S mode after that.
Its great to know you are enjoying the beast. I guess you would have enjoyed the handling prowess in the forest roads near Hasanur the most.

Though it is possible to downshift using the paddles, it is more fun pressing hard the accelerator, and letting the DSG drop a gear or two and push you back in your seat. It is as if a beast inside awakens! I compare this to the dual personalities Ambi and Anniyan in the movie Anniyan (or Jekyl and Hyde). One moment, the car is cruising like Ambi, and the next moment it is exploding like Anniyan. I just love that transformation
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 22:36   #1671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Depends on load. If you are driving alone i would say 32. If the car is driven with 4 i take it upto 38 and there is a difference in handling specially over pot holes and speed breakers.

My standard is 34-35 and it has worked for over 4 years now.
VW2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 13:22   #1672
Senior - BHPian

Does the Comfortline TSI not come with bluetooth integration? I was comparing features on carwale and it shows both trendline & comfortline TSI don't have bluetooth, USB, ipod compatibility. Maybe they are not right?
Old 10th October 2014, 17:39   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Does the Comfortline TSI not come with bluetooth integration? I was comparing features on carwale and it shows both trendline & comfortline TSI don't have bluetooth, USB, ipod compatibility. Maybe they are not right?
The newer comfortline versions come with rcd320 system which has bluetooth integration. But you lose the rear speakers. You get only 4 front speakers,
etrast75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 17:52   #1674
BHPian

Guys,

One more question. On my Jetta when side indicators are switched on the DRL of that side switches off. The DRL comes back once the turn is taken and side indicator is off.

Is that how all Jettas are programmed

Last edited by abhilashgp : 10th October 2014 at 17:53.
Old 10th October 2014, 18:33   #1675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashgp View Post
Guys,

One more question. On my Jetta when side indicators are switched on the DRL of that side switches off. The DRL comes back once the turn is taken and side indicator is off.

Is that how all Jettas are programmed

Yup. That's how it is. I was wondering the same initially. It's a common trait in all the Jet's
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2014, 20:41   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
The newer comfortline versions come with rcd320 system which has bluetooth integration. But you lose the rear speakers. You get only 4 front speakers,
When I test drove the car, I specifically inquired for that and i was told that it comes with rear speakers.
Old 10th October 2014, 20:46   #1677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
When I test drove the car, I specifically inquired for that and i was told that it comes with rear speakers.
You were misinformed. The CL comes with 4 speakers as opposed to 8 in highline. Neither of the 2 though have great sounding speakers. Audio is strictly average!
Old 10th October 2014, 20:55   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
You were misinformed. The CL comes with 4 speakers as opposed to 8 in highline. Neither of the 2 though have great sounding speakers. Audio is strictly average!
May be they were embarrassed to say that a car worth 16 lakhs doesn't come with rear speakers and had decided to fit it out of their margin!
Old 16th October 2014, 00:10   #1679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I am in the same dilemma and will be getting my car next week. I want to change the tyres and finally have zeroed in on te Pirelli p7 tyres. The cost of the change minimal and the tyres seem to be as well rated as the michelins.

Btw, have you opted for any accessories?
Where did you get the tires from, what was the buyback offered and how much did you pay for Perrilies?
Old 18th October 2014, 00:59   #1680
BHPian

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news...e-jetta-models

VW recalling 2011-2013 Jetta in US for potential rear suspension issue. Would this also apply to Indian Jettas?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks