Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2015, 19:45   #1771
BHPian

Looks like a pretty September lot as that's when the change to the new system happened.
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 12:35   #1772
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Need some inputs here. I have "Oil Change Due in 10 days" coming on MFD when I start the car. The annual maintenance is due on 26th Feb. I planned to give the car around 2nd week of Feb. Is it OK to ignore the OIL change warning?
Old 23rd January 2015, 13:16   #1773
BHPian

Should be fine in my view. The display on MFD is set to time or KM based on your last service. Don't overrun by a whole lot, but 1-2 weeks should not cause a problem. Have seen this before on my car.
reverse_gear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 14:07   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjubose View Post
Need some inputs here. I have "Oil Change Due in 10 days" coming on MFD when I start the car. The annual maintenance is due on 26th Feb. I planned to give the car around 2nd week of Feb. Is it OK to ignore the OIL change warning?
Have you covered 15000kms?
Old 23rd January 2015, 14:14   #1775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Have you covered 15000kms?
Not yet. Will complete 12.5K by 26th Feb completing 1 year.
Old 23rd January 2015, 20:17   #1776
Senior - BHPian

Better be safe and just get your service done within the next 10 days.

These triggers are logged anyway and the moment they connect the VAG they will know when the trigger initiated and how long after the warning the car was serviced.

Not saying it will be super critical but it has all the chance by law for VW to deny any warranty service and there is nothing you can do when they can claim oil was not changed in time inspite of warning

Just saying VW can be crooked when it comes to these things.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 23:06   #1777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Just saying VW can be crooked when it comes to these things.
+1 to that.
You can contact the local dealership and tell them your predicament and if they say you can wait till the vehicle is a year old then you can wait.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2015, 11:43   #1778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Not yet. Will complete 12.5K by 26th Feb completing 1 year.
Service interval is 15,000 Kms / one year, whichever is earlier.

From your posts, what I understand is; The MFD warning is either due to some other factor or due to an error by itself. It can be as simple as; the service center forgetting to "reset" the service interval at the time of PDI.

IMHO, It is better to get it checked at the service station, even if you do not want to club this call with the maintenance service.

Oil change service can be done as per prescribed interval. Since the running is not much, you could stick to the time interval for service. One year is a decent period, for the oil to hold on to it's viscosity.
Chethan B G is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2015, 12:44   #1779
BHPian

I got my 2nd year service done. Car had run 18K kms. I had no problems whatsoever with the car. I warily used their pickup and dropoff service as I had some personal work. Overall it was an OK experience. Not too good nor bad. The service advisor did not bother to call me. I had to call and get in touch with him. Also I had to again call back in the evening multiple times (without anyone answering my calls) to get to know the delivery time. The SA's excuse was that the phone was charging and he was "delivering" a vehicle to a customer. The car was dropped off home and they had done a decent job. Overall bill came to 14K.
Old 24th January 2015, 12:48   #1780
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
The SA's excuse was that the phone was charging and he was "delivering" a vehicle to a customer. The car was dropped off home and they had done a decent job. Overall bill came to 14K.
Just wondering but isn't there a feedback process where they ask you to rate the service advisor?

Not comparing but for my Ecosport I have to fill the feedback form when taking delivery, then I get a call 2-3 days later from Ford (not dealer) then the dealer calls back asking how the car is behaving and any issues. If I gave a negative rating below 4/5 for during the feedback call from Ford, dealer calls back asking why and what they need to do to correct or fix the issue.

Does VW have this? Can you not give the SA a poor feedback for no follow up?
Old 24th January 2015, 13:00   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Just wondering but isn't there a feedback process where they ask you to rate the service advisor?

Not comparing but for my Ecosport I have to fill the feedback form when taking delivery, then I get a call 2-3 days later from Ford (not dealer) then the dealer calls back asking how the car is behaving and any issues. If I gave a negative rating below 4/5 for during the feedback call from Ford, dealer calls back asking why and what they need to do to correct or fix the issue.

Does VW have this? Can you not give the SA a poor feedback for no follow up?
I have not received any feedback call/form from them yet. Need to recollect if I received any after my first service. No wonder VW/Skoda languish at the bottom of the sales chart inspite of having good cars. Ironically, both my cars right now are from their stable ( a Jetta & a Rapid).
Old 24th January 2015, 14:19   #1782
BHPian

So the warranty on my Jetta has expired at 73000km. Any after market service options ? Any one have a source for genuine oil filters ? So I Dont have to pay 15-17k every service?
Old 24th January 2015, 17:57   #1783
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paras211 View Post
Any one have a source for genuine oil filters ?
Quoting aayushnair's post from a recent DIY thread:

Quote:
I know Opera House, Mumbai has spares and accessories for most cars. I went to an authorized Skoda parts dealer (I forget the name, but it's one of the biggest shops dealing in VW and Skoda parts) and procured my fog lamps!
Check it out and do let us know if you were able to find out the spares. The usual fuel/oil/air/cabin air filters are available with most dealers. The part numbers are also mentioned in your bill/invoice.
Old 24th January 2015, 20:24   #1784
BHPian

Did a few changes to the Jetta.
I had bought one couple of months back in the Comfortline trim.

1.Added a spoiler which I had purchased from eBay.
Original Vw spoiler with paint for Jetta was for around 22k (a friend told me).
Got this for 3k , already painted to match the color.

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-rps20150124_2010291.jpg
2.Added Window sill chrome trim.
This is available with Highline trim as standard.
Vw quoted 60k!
I confirmed the quote from two dealerships.
No way I was going to pay that much for the chrome trim.So went to aliexpress and ordered a set for 47$ and installed it myself.
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-rps20150124_2010491.jpg

3.The area near the parking sensor switch was a bit bland so added a stainless steel plate which after installing looks like it came with the car.
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-rps20150124_2011451.jpg

4.Same was the case with rear ac vents.
They always looked incomplete.
So placed a chrome trim over there too.
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-rps20150124_2010081.jpg

5.Also ordered Vw tyre valve caps.
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-rps20150124_2011151.jpg

Last edited by ishlinea7260 : 24th January 2015 at 20:45.
ishlinea7260 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2015, 10:26   #1785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
From your posts, what I understand is; The MFD warning is either due to some other factor or due to an error by itself. It can be as simple as; the service center forgetting to "reset" the service interval at the time of PDI.

IMHO, It is better to get it checked at the service station, even if you do not want to club this call with the maintenance service.
Thanks Chethan. I suspect they forgot to reset the interval. But was wondering, isnt the message for maintenance service due different than oil change one? Nonetheless, I will check it out with Harsha, before I take it to mysore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Did a few changes to the Jetta.
I had bought one couple of months back in the Comfortline trim.
2.Added Window sill chrome trim.
This is available with Highline trim as standard.
Vw quoted 60k!
I confirmed the quote from two dealerships.
No way I was going to pay that much for the chrome trim.So went to aliexpress and ordered a set for 47$ and installed it myself.
I want these...I want these...
did you find it easy to install? With such a hopping difference in price, I hope they dont turn black after 2 summers. I am searching on net now...will wait for your inputs before I commit.

Most Viewed