Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2018, 13:16   #3076
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Hey Guys, now that the jetta production has been stopped and it never did sell in huge numbers, any guesses what the future is going to be for spare parts availability?

Do the owners face any issue with the parts at the ASC?

Also, how easily are the parts available in local market?

I am looking to buy a used jetta, and have a trusted FNG guy who regularly repairs VAG cars, but the spare parts support is what worries me.
The Jetta is a global model. It has been sold across several markets and was also VW's bread butter model at one point in time. Spares shouldn't be a problem atleast for the next 2 or 3 years. Another advantage here is that if you think your FNG or A.S.S is fleecing you, parts can be ordered from global websites.

Even for cars which are in production, VW takes its own sweet time to ship out parts.
vishy76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 12:44   #3077

I bought a Jetta highline automatic 3 months ago, despite knowing that the production has stopped. The car is too good, almost like a masterpiece. Wonder why it didn't do well in India.

My criteria was to buy a car with 6 airbags, automatic and all disc brakes. The cheapest new car I found with these features was a Mahindra XUV. Went to book W10 automatic with my family but the family rejected it for looks. They found it too bulky. In the meanwhile I got to know about this Jetta that was 28,000 km driven.

It was sold by a trustworthy dealer. I did the test drive and fell in love with the safety features, driveability and the sheer build quality of the car. The car was a Mar 2015 make and looked absolutely new. Got it at a good price. Have got first service done and bill was approx. Rs. 25k. However, the car needs service only once every 15,000 km, so I am not complaining.

It has been a delight to drive the car until now. Have heard the horror stories of the expensive spares and average service quality, but am willing to take the risk. It is my first German car and I am amazed by the engineering and build quality of this car.

Last edited by navin : 29th March 2018 at 12:58. Reason: formatting
siddharth113 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 16:08   #3078
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody know what is the part number/code of the awesome looking new HU system on the Passat? Looks like it could be a straight fit into my Jetta.

I've been looking for mid life upgrades to my Jetta for a while now. As any Jetta owner would testify, the car doesn't need too many mechanical upgrades (especially after the remap) - but cosmetic ones are always welcome...

PS: Mods, I posted this on the Passat thread as well. But, it's not spam. I just need the info quickly!
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 14:55   #3079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharth113 View Post
I bought a Jetta highline automatic 3 months ago, despite knowing that the production has stopped. The car is too good, almost like a masterpiece. Wonder why it didn't do well in India.
Congratulations! I was in the same boat as you 3 years back & I have the same feeling about the masterpiece. A wide grin is plastered on my face each time on the driver's seat, even after 3 years.

Do check out Pete's remap related posts on the forum. Though an enthusiast must be extremely satisfied with the stock car, the car still has those hidden horses & torque up her sleeve.

25k seems a little bit high for service. Did you get any extra work done apart from service? My 30k (Mar 2016) & 45k(Mar 2017) services costed me approx 11k & 12k respectively. Even if we take inflation in account, it still seems high. Also, I will get 60k service done tomorrow & share the costs. It will be a major service as gearbox oil & brake fluids will be replaced.

Last edited by manson : 27th June 2018 at 13:57. Reason: Trimmed quote.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 15:07   #3080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought a Jetta highline automatic 3 months ago, despite knowing that the production has stopped. The car is too good, almost like a masterpiece...
It is my first German car and I am amazed by the engineering and build quality of this car.
Congratulations on your Jetta. Wishing you many thousands of miles of Happy Motoring.! We would love to see some pictures here.
RajaTaurus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2018, 08:20   #3081

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Congratulations on your Jetta. Wishing you many thousands of miles of Happy Motoring.! We would love to see some pictures here.
Here are some of the recent pics of the car. It is in scratchleas condition
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-576e18be81f84d20a77180699a735f00.jpeg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-c8ccd11289e34e62914aa2db067be3b0.jpeg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-1894217587234d5bb28041e8552455bb.jpeg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-f0ae9b6f6496476a99f4fd256b7535a3.jpeg  

siddharth113 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 11:22   #3082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Does anybody know what is the part number/code of the awesome looking new HU system on the Passat? Looks like it could be a straight fit into my Jetta.

I've been looking for mid life upgrades to my Jetta for a while now. As any Jetta owner would testify, the car doesn't need too many mechanical upgrades (especially after the remap) - but cosmetic ones are always welcome...

PS: Mods, I posted this on the Passat thread as well. But, it's not spam. I just need the info quickly!
The HU system in the new Passat is either the Composition Media or Discover Media (if it has GPS and maps) also called the MIB2. But both systems have component protection that is tied to the VIN of the car and apparently it is both hard and very expensive to break (See this Link) The MIB2 HU itself is very expensive (Link)

I'd suggest you get a RCD330+ with Android Auto and Carplay from Aliexpress for around $250. This will give you almost all the features of the MIB2 expect carnet and inbuilt GPS. Visit this thread for more info.
Immix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 13:20   #3083

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post

25k seems a little bit high for service. Did you get any extra work done apart from service? My 30k (Mar 2016) & 45k(Mar 2017) services costed me approx 11k & 12k respectively. Even if we take inflation in account, it still seems high. Also, I will get 60k service done tomorrow & share the costs. It will be a major service as gearbox oil & brake fluids will be replaced.
I checked the bill and there are two items that are adding to Rs. 10,000 - the side view mirror which was slightly broken plus the engine oil. Here are the photos of the invoice. Will be great to get some guidance on ways to optimise the service bill going forward.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-dad891a0001540f79b445258532f80cc.jpeg  

Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review-f8038b5d50a747a6a94c81721b7d7780.jpeg  

siddharth113 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2018, 15:24   #3084
BHPian

Quote:
I checked the bill and there are two items that are adding to Rs. 10,000 - the side view mirror which was slightly broken plus the engine oil. Here are the photos of the invoice. Will be great to get some guidance on ways to optimise the service bill going forward.
Everything looks perfectly find in invoice however I prefer to get interior cleaning done at 3M workshop. Pickup/drop off facility is provided free of cost by Ahmedabad dealers however I take the pain to go to workshop so that I can meet SA and save the car from reckless driving of appointed drivers. I have first hand experience of sitting in customer-cars driven by them.

I also prefer to skip WA/WB unless I have any complaint. I have experienced that it's very difficult to get right alignment for Jetta & my SA agrees that WA shouldn't tampered unless I have an alignment related complaint.
Old 4th April 2018, 07:09   #3085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post

I also prefer to skip WA/WB unless I have any complaint. I have experienced that it's very difficult to get right alignment for Jetta & my SA agrees that WA shouldn't tampered unless I have an alignment related complaint.
100% agree. Not only for Jetta, even for my Ex, Cedia, I touched alignment only after 4 years while changing all tyres. And now, I insisted with SA that Alignment not to be checked unless tyres are changed. My SA though tried to explain (!) about patch wear on tyres which could cause unbalance and mis-alignment, which I just brushed aside.
Balancing - for new tyres only.
Alignment - unless some issue crops up or after changing all tyres.
Finally, the more frequently you adjust the alignment bolts, they become more prone to slackening during rough rides.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 4th April 2018 at 07:12.
RajaTaurus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 11:30   #3086
BHPian

Guys, my car just refused to start today. The light's and the MFD are going off and on. My battery was changed by VW with another one about one and a half years ago as the previous one died within two years. I called them but sm apprehensive to take a new battery from them as of now.

Need some help to understand what could be the issue and also which battery to but.
Old 13th April 2018, 20:46   #3087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Need some help to understand what could be the issue and also which battery to but.
Seems to be battery issue. Check if VW can give Free Replacement.

If not, battery of choice should be Amaron.

Do check the Ah rating of your current battery. Replace with same or higher rating.

VW OEM battery are known to give up abruptly. I'm using Amaron battery for my Vento.
Old 13th April 2018, 21:01   #3088
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Guys, my car just refused to start today. The light's and the MFD are going off and on. My battery was changed by VW with another one about one and a half years ago as the previous one died within two years. I called them but sm apprehensive to take a new battery from them as of now.

I had the exact problem. The original battery died in about 18 months, which VW replaced under warranty. The second one also died within another 18 months, and I changed it to Amaron. Documented in the below posts.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3821639

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4170905

Last edited by graaja : 13th April 2018 at 21:03.
Old 14th April 2018, 02:32   #3089
BHPian

Thanks guys. I also changed to amaron this afternoon
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 00:14   #3090
BHPian

Post changing the battery for my pre owned Jetta(2014, 2.0AT), I notice that the fuel tank flap/door remains unlocked. In normal case, the fuel flap/door needs get locked along with central lock. But now, it won't and will remain unlocked. However latch mechanism is working as intended.

Any pointer on how resolve this? or have you come across this issue earlier?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks