Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2011, 18:48   #211
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by baluundertaker View Post
Typically when we open the boot, we tend to to slam it down(mostly unintentionally). With a totally glass boot door, will it be as sturdy as a metal door - does anyone think there is any danger of damage to the glass door on heavy use ??

Personally find the rear kind of attractive though very quirky to say the least.
IMO there should not be any problem due to intentional/unintentional slamming as the glass used in boot should be toughened glass and not the normal one. I still have not heard of a single case of glass breakage in old M800
Cooltronics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 18:55   #212
Senior - BHPian

Honda are back. One can tell by just looking at the pictures that a lot of thought has gone into the made-for-asia Brio.

The interiors look great, apart from a few elements on the dash. Smart use of colours and the attractive convex/concave surfacing has ensured that even the plastic door panels look good.

The exterior is well, quirky. At first glance, it appears as if the regular hatch gate has been sliced off the car. The plus side is that the glass hatch affords excellent rear view, a boon when parking in tight spots.

Top review .anshuman!

Last edited by MaserQ : 14th September 2011 at 18:57.
Old 14th September 2011, 19:53   #213
BHPian

Thanks for the great review. I am still making up my mind on a 2nd car, to be used by my wife, , almost entirely to be driven within bangalore city , where the rear seat or the boot space is not important. So, smaller the better. Was veering towards the Chevy BEAT , but will now wait for the BRIO.
Old 15th September 2011, 23:30   #214
BHPian

it typically is all toughened glass - no risk of cracking or breaking on slamming the trunk. In Reva too, it is all-glass boot and people (my wife, carwash guy, service guy, etc) have inadvertently slammed it many many times. there is a rubber cushion to withstand that shock and I don't expect any less from Brio too.

but I definitely think the trunk needs a parcel tray to conceal the things kept in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baluundertaker View Post
Typically when we open the boot, we tend to to slam it down(mostly unintentionally). With a totally glass boot door, will it be as sturdy as a metal door - does anyone think there is any danger of damage to the glass door on heavy use ??

Personally find the rear kind of attractive though very quirky to say the least.
Old 15th September 2011, 23:55   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachchu View Post
it typically is all toughened glass - no risk of cracking or breaking on slamming the trunk. In Reva too, it is all-glass boot and people (my wife, carwash guy, service guy, etc) have inadvertently slammed it many many times. there is a rubber cushion to withstand that shock and I don't expect any less from Brio too.

but I definitely think the trunk needs a parcel tray to conceal the things kept in there.
Surprisingly, i have never previously observed that Reva had an all-glass boot. Thanks for the information - then i see no particular objections to Brio design. One can always dark sun-film to conceal the things that are inside
Old 17th September 2011, 13:06   #216
BHPian

With petrol getting dearer yet again, can we expect Honda to price the Brio more competitively than what they would have in the first place ?
Old 17th September 2011, 13:24   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
With petrol getting dearer yet again, can we expect Honda to price the Brio more competitively than what they would have in the first place ?
It will definitely play a part but pricing strategy is usually driven by the competition. My worry will be Brio's pricing viz-a-viz competition.
Old 17th September 2011, 15:49   #218
BANNED

I hope the pricing is not excessive - premium is a given but confiscatory ??
Old 17th September 2011, 17:10   #219
Team-BHP Support

If I were in the shoes of the big-wigs at Honda, I'd propose an introductory price of:

- 3.79 lakhs ex-showroom for the base-Brio,

- 4.29 lakhs ex-showroom for the Brio S, and

- 4.79 lakhs ex-showroom for the top-end Brio V.

I would hike the price up marginally, once it starts selling though. But that would be wishful thinking now.

I expect the Brio to be priced between 4-5.5 lakhs ex-showroom. They cannot afford to let the prices overlap with the Jazz, which is now at 5.5-5.7 thereabouts. The Brio is a full scale smaller than the Jazz, so they should price it accordingly. If Honda wants this product to do really well, then the base Brio MUST be a few thousands below 4 lakhs, especially after the ongoing hike in petrol prices.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th September 2011 at 17:12.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2011, 18:13   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
If I were in the shoes of the big-wigs at Honda, I'd propose an introductory price of:

- 3.79 lakhs ex-showroom for the base-Brio,

- 4.29 lakhs ex-showroom for the Brio S, and

- 4.79 lakhs ex-showroom for the top-end Brio V.

I would hike the price up marginally, once it starts selling though. But that would be wishful thinking now.

I expect the Brio to be priced between 4-5.5 lakhs ex-showroom. They cannot afford to let the prices overlap with the Jazz, which is now at 5.5-5.7 thereabouts. The Brio is a full scale smaller than the Jazz, so they should price it accordingly. If Honda wants this product to do really well, then the base Brio MUST be a few thousands below 4 lakhs, especially after the ongoing hike in petrol prices.
Well I think correct pricing should be 4.1L, 4.5L and 4.8L Ex showroom for the three variants.

I am booking a S varaint tomorrow for my Dad.
Old 18th September 2011, 14:37   #221
BHPian

Booked a S variant today.
BTW the SA was saying that there are 4 variants of Brio and not three.
Base, S, S optional and V.
He said, S is without ABS and Airbags and S optional with ABS and Airbags.

Though I have asked for S optional in Urban Titanium color, if S is without ABS and Airbags then I am disappointed. I was under impression than S and V shall come with ABS and Airbags as standard :<.

Looks like now pricing for S optional ain't gonna be competitive.

4L, 4.3L, 4.8L and 5L is my guess and I was expecting S with Airbags and ABS to be 4.5L Ex showroom.
Old 18th September 2011, 18:48   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman
Where is Ford Figo in this table?

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 18th September 2011 at 18:49.
Old 19th September 2011, 10:23   #223
BHPian

I haven't seen the pictures of Honda Brio's Underneath. Could some one post it here. Want to have a look on that much talked about H-Shaped Torsion Beam in specific
Old 19th September 2011, 11:44   #224
Senior - BHPian

I talked to the Sales guy at a dealer in Chennai who claimed to have attended the pre lauch training of the Brio.

He says there will be '4' variants. I admit, I have no idea on the credibility of this information.
  1. Base variant without ABS & Airbags
  2. Middle variant without ABS & Airbags
  3. Middle variant with ABS & Airbags
  4. Top variant with ABS & Airbags
Old 19th September 2011, 13:57   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Booked a S variant today..
What was the booking amount?
What is the delivery date?
When are they coming out with the Ex-showroom price list?
What is the Warranty?

Most Viewed