Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 14:07   #286
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

This is Brilliant pricing from Honda. Looks like they are playing all the right cards in the last couple of months.

Brio = i10 Killer.
Old 27th September 2011, 14:14   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Wonder why the S-Opt is so close to the V.. For 20K more, you get "top end"!
Because the only major difference is Alloys and Foglamps.
Old 27th September 2011, 14:43   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I seemed to have hit the bulls-eye with my predictions, well, almost!
Well-reasoned and accurate analysis about the probable pricing. Well done and keep it up.
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 14:44   #289
Senior - BHPian

Good pricing!

The real challenge would come in handling the sales volumes and also keeping the waiting period in control!

I hope Honda has the infra to support massive production requirement of this segment.
Old 27th September 2011, 14:48   #290
BHPian

Will give a good start to Brio sales but without a diesel I see sales petering off after the initial rush.

i10 is sure a goner as is the Beat petrol. Wagon R may still hold on well thanks to its tall boy distinct looks and utility.

For many people, I think it may make sense to wait for the Eon, save a lakh at least and get a city commuter car.

Cheers
Old 27th September 2011, 15:00   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Will give a good start to Brio sales but without a diesel I see sales petering off after the initial rush.

Cheers
i10 is the second best seller in the country.
Not everyone prefers a diesel. For people who travel around 500 kms a month, Brio still makes a whole lot of sense. Add to that Honda reliability.

It may not get the same numbers as the i10 but it may go on to share an equal pie in the market.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:00   #292
BHPian

Killer pricing. Like 's of TATA / FIAT /maruti / hyundai needs to wake up big time . it will surely dent the sales of all of them . Brand value of honda is way better than any of above any day and i can clearly see people flocking the honda showrooms for this BRIO thing.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:00   #293
Senior - BHPian

Honda's killed every rival with this pricing ! With the amount of localisation in the car, they managed to price it so beautifully. To be truthful, I never trusted Honda to come in with this kind of pricing....Competition and dropping sales are an awesome combo no ?

Happy Days are here again for Honda. MUL and Hyundai will now have to be on their toes.

Can I see a correction in the i10 prices soon ?
Old 27th September 2011, 15:04   #294
BHPian

It seems Brio has been launched at 3.95 Lakhs to 5.1 Lakhs according to rediff.com. Sorry I guess I am late its already announced in the earlier posts here.

Last edited by ranc : 27th September 2011 at 15:07.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:09   #295
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I am pleasantly, pleasantly surprised with the Brio's competitive pricing! But then, considering the hammering they've taken over the last one year (from competitors), it's no surprise. Remember, as highlighted in Anshuman's review, Honda wants market share at any cost.

The fully-loaded Brio is cheaper than the Swift, and betters it in nearly every way!

As Karty rightly posted, there is a good market for petrols too. Else, cars like the i10, i20 (majority sales are for the 1.2L petrol) and WagonR would never be part of the Top 5 sellers list in India. Expect the Brio to double Honda's total sales overnight. And then, some.

For a manufacturer that was known for "overpriced" cars just 6 months back, it's amazing how Honda now provides super value for money. The Brio, Jazz and City are perfectly priced now. Lets hope the Accord & Civic see corrections too....corrections in price & equipment.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th September 2011, 15:10   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Great prices from Honda. But calling it an I10 killer is going overboard. I10 is a proven car, looks much better and Hyundai cars have proved to be as trouble free as possible. Yes this car will share a certain amount of pie in that segment but surely not an I10 killer.

I still cannot make up my mind if I like the looks of the car or not.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:11   #297
BHPian

The Brio indeed has been launched in the shadows of the impending launch of the XUV 500. I am surprised that Honda's launch has been pretty low key despite this being the car that must rake in the numbers for Honda.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:19   #298
BANNED

Yes, the pricing is indeed a killer. Brio: Honda's small car launched at a starting price of Rs 3.95 lakh - The Economic Times

Do they have adequate stocks, and will they be able to cope with the demand. Already the wait for the Jazz is six months!
Old 27th September 2011, 15:29   #299
BHPian

Awesome pricing. It will steal away significant chunk from WagonR, i10, Swift. Hope Honda has scaled up it's production and ready for the spurt in sales/service.
Old 27th September 2011, 15:36   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
i10 is the second best seller in the country.
Not everyone prefers a diesel. For people who travel around 500 kms a month, Brio still makes a whole lot of sense. Add to that Honda reliability.

It may not get the same numbers as the i10 but it may go on to share an equal pie in the market.
Perceptions are changing real fast. Even people who are driving just 300 odd kms are going for diesels now. I know at least a couple of my acquaintances who have done that. They do not want the uncertainty of rising petrol prices even though they know it will be quite some time before they recover the extra money.

There's a thread which argues with 450 kms a month you can still not lose money on a diesel thanks to higher resale value.

Plus, with diesels available in pretty much all segments and brands now, in this kind of economy people don't mind downgrading one segment or moving to a different brand and getting a diesel instead.

I have a feeling this kind of thought process will keep on increasing with recession like economy accelerating the same.

Cheers
sahakar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks