Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2012, 14:16   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Very disappointing on part of Honda not to be providing internally adjustable mirrors on hatchback's middle variant which has all four power windows, and costs more than 5 L on road !
Old 22nd May 2012, 19:00   #677

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Very disappointing on part of Honda not to be providing internally adjustable mirrors on hatchback's middle variant which has all four power windows, and costs more than 5 L on road !
Agreed...I was at least expecting toothpick type mirrors on the middle variant if not for the electrically adjustable ones. On the bright side, at least a parcel tray is being provided by them complimentary for models smt and up.
Old 24th May 2012, 16:49   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rony180 View Post
Hi All,
I've now driven my Brio for almost 1000 kms in Kolkata (mostly city traffic with a/c on 90% times), but have a concern regarding the fuel efficiency. The last full tank calculation indicated 10kmpl, and the mileage indicator is also fluctuating between 9.5-10.5. Do i need to drive it for a few more 1000 kms to get to figures of 14-15 or is it something I should be really concerned about?
P.S. - I've got my first service done at 600 kms and the Honda service guys told me to wait till the 2nd service (6 months or 6000 kms) for the mileage to go up.
Sorry for re-posting again, but can someone please advice? Any help would be appreciated. With the petrol prices gone up drastically, a mileage of 10 is really concerning me.
Old 24th May 2012, 18:19   #679
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The last full tank calculation indicated 10kmpl, and the mileage indicator is also fluctuating between 9.5-10.5. Do i need to drive it for a few more 1000 kms to get to figures of 14-15 or is it something I should be really concerned about?
Your FE is highly dependent on your driving style among other factors. I have completed about 250 kms on my Brio and the mileage indicator fluctuates between 13.2 -14.5 kmpl. Bear in mind that this is with constant gear changing and varying of the rpm since it is the run-in process.

You surely don't need to drive it another 1000 kms as suggested by H.A.S.S to get better FE, what you need to do is make a correction to your driving style. At what engine rpm do you shift to a higher gear? Stick to up-shifts ~2000-2500 rpm mark and you will certainly notice a jump in your FE.
Old 24th May 2012, 18:34   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Your FE is highly dependent on your driving style among other factors. I have completed about 250 kms on my Brio and the mileage indicator fluctuates between 13.2 -14.5 kmpl. Bear in mind that this is with constant gear changing and varying of the rpm since it is the run-in process.

You surely don't need to drive it another 1000 kms as suggested by H.A.S.S to get better FE, what you need to do is make a correction to your driving style. At what engine rpm do you shift to a higher gear? Stick to up-shifts ~2000-2500 rpm mark and you will certainly notice a jump in your FE.
gpa, thanks for your advice. Owing to the fact that its a new car, I drive it quite sedately trying mostly to be in the green Eco range. For an example on a drive of 1 hour I see the green light glowing for at least half an hour.
I shift up at around 2000 rpm(approx, will need to check that) and don't rev too much unless necessary (overtaking etc). I've now done round 1200 kms on my Brio but have never seen the mileage indicator going up more than 10.5. Also the full tank mileage calculations have shown me 10 consistently for the last 2 times.

Last edited by rony180 : 24th May 2012 at 18:37.
Old 24th May 2012, 18:41   #681
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For an example on a drive of 1 hour I see the green light glowing for at least half an hour.
This is a good thing. Just keep in mind that you do not lug your engine since lugging can also lead to a deterioration in FE.

Quote:
I shift up at around 1500-2000 rpm (approx, will need to check that)
Keep a close eye on the tachometer and see if you actually shift at the 1500-2000 rpm mark or higher. If you can hear a slight audible growl from the engine then chances are you are likely to be shifting at a higher rpm (3000-3500 rpm)
Old 24th May 2012, 18:56   #682
BANNED

Yes, when the aggressive cam is activated then consumption goes for a toss. This as gpa states is indicated by a growl. Try and minimise it. Also, the true consumption may show up only after 7000+km.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 21:13   #683
BHPian

I have done 2300kms now on the brio in less than 2 months. I took it for the first service at 1400kms. Before that I had a full tank mileage of 11kmpl in city traffic with a/c. During this period, I also went to Ooty. On highway it was 21kmpl. While climbing down, it jumped to 29kmpl. But I will not take that into account. After 1st service, the full tank mileage improved to 13kmpl with a/c. My observation so far has been that if you are on a stop and move traffic, the mileage drops. But I am sure the mileage depends upon the driving style and situation. The Brio is certainly a fun to drive.
Old 25th May 2012, 13:12   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omatunto View Post
After 1st service, the full tank mileage improved to 13kmpl with a/c.
Omatunto, did the Honda service guys tell you that the mileage of Brio may go up further after second service or anything of that sort? Also do you expect any further improvement in Brio's mileage as you drive a few more thousand kilometers?
Old 25th May 2012, 20:08   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rony180
Omatunto, did the Honda service guys tell you that the mileage of Brio may go up further after second service or anything of that sort? Also do you expect any further improvement in Brio's mileage as you drive a few more thousand kilometers?
Rony180 - Sorry, I did not bother to ask them as my mileage expectations were met. However I expect improvement as the Brio is changing my style of driving. It is only the bumper to bumper traffic that detoriates the mileage.

I plan to shift to synthetic oil during my second service. I am not sure if that will help.
Old 26th May 2012, 10:35   #686
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by omatunto View Post
I plan to shift to synthetic oil during my second service. I am not sure if that will help.
Check your service voucher. If the oil change is on the second then it is filled with a semi-, if it is the third then the original fill is synth. Also, you may have to sit on them not to change in the second (old habits die hard).

My own view is that one should go Synth only when the engine is run in (10,000km).But if the original fill is synth then stick with it.A synth may not be VFM since a the cost of semi is less than half and the filter does not cost that much.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2012, 08:58   #687
BHPian

Just saw this on the thai Brio forums, not sure if it is posted here...

Love the way the spoiler/kit changes the rear look.. hope Honda Siel brings this to india as a kit
adityasiera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2012, 22:49   #688
BHPian

Booked my Rally Red Brio SMT(O) today.. cant wait to get the delivery tomorrow.. time to change the avatar
Old 6th June 2012, 10:10   #689
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Check your service voucher. If the oil change is on the second then it is filled with a semi-, if it is the third then the original fill is synth.
Flap is over. I looked into the vouchers of a friend's brand new Jazz (same engine). Oil change is there on both the second and third services. So the fill is a semi- or even a mineral. I now suggest run with a semi- or mineral till you do 10,000km and then you can decide if you want to go for a synth! With a synth you can stretch the change intervals to 12 months!
Old 6th June 2012, 18:31   #690
BHPian

Hi all,

We have closed on Brio S MT model in Goa for my dad.
Dealer "Coastal Honda" is providing:
1) Insurance @ Rs.1/- (approx. 13k)
2) 2 Years extended warranty
3) 2 Years road side assistance
4) Floor mats

I was of the opinion that the above offers came from dealer, however I learnt today from a news article that its coming directly from Honda Motors and not from dealer.

I am thinking to negotiate for seat covers and all four mud guards.
Is this the best deal I can extract?

Regards,
Sary

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks