Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2012, 19:04   #781
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
In my friends Brio, when we start moving by just releasing the clutch slowly without accelerator input, there is 'clutch shudder' and the whole car vibrates (even the ORVM's shake) before moving. The same does not occur if there is slight accelerator input.

Why is this different in the Brio? Also there is a perceptible 'pause/jerk' is felt when shifting from 2nd gear to 3rd gear is this felt by other Brio owners.
I believe this is specific to your friend's Brio. I do not experience any jerkiness of the clutch when moving it from a standstill without any accelerator input.

Also there is no jerk when up-shifting from 2 to 3. The shifts happen seamlessly. Please ask him to take the car to H.A.S.S and have it checked.
gpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2012, 23:15   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa

I believe this is specific to your friend's Brio. I do not experience any jerkiness of the clutch when moving it from a standstill without any accelerator input.

Also there is no jerk when up-shifting from 2 to 3. The shifts happen seamlessly. Please ask him to take the car to H.A.S.S and have it checked.
Thanks for the info, will get in touch with Honda regarding this.
Old 4th August 2012, 11:45   #783
BHPian

Friends, I am waiting for my first car, Honda Brio SM-T(O). The dealer said the vehicle is in transit and will reach the dealership by next week. He gave me the VIN Number (it is MAKab123ECN000000). Once it is decoded, we can make it out that the car is manufactured in May-2012. Is it a too old car..? Can I give go ahead for registration..?

By the way what could be the best stage to do PDI..? waiting for feedback..
Old 6th August 2012, 12:33   #784
BHPian

Congrats MaxTorque!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
By the way what could be the best stage to do PDI..? waiting for feedback..
Best to do the PDI at the stockyard itself, i.e., before the registration process is formally begun.

May 2012 sounds just fine. Btw, what colour have you selected?
CowlFlap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2012, 20:33   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap View Post
Congrats MaxTorque!

Best to do the PDI at the stockyard itself, i.e., before the registration process is formally begun.

May 2012 sounds just fine. Btw, what colour have you selected?
Thanks Cowlflap.

I selected Rally Red. Actually I was preferring Blue but home minister overruled...:-)
Old 7th August 2012, 19:37   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Cowlflap.

I selected Rally Red. Actually I was preferring Blue but home minister overruled...:-)
Congratulations on your Brio.. i too have a Red hot Brio in my garage since last 2 months and she has been an absolute bliss.

Last weekend we had a short drive(130KM round trip) to Yadagirigutta with 6 on-board and I averaged dot 15km/l with 100% A/C in terrible road conditions. I try to upshift at 1850 rpm with a very light right foot and keeping the car in the Eco zone for the max amount of time possible.

All those looking to fit a mesh/grill in the front, head over here for a look.

Last edited by adityasiera : 7th August 2012 at 19:46.
adityasiera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 19:42   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
Congratulations on your Brio.. i too have a Red hot Brio in my garage since last 2 months and she has been an absolute bliss.
Thanks Aditya, I am waiting for my Brio. Earlier they promised the delivery on 12th August but now it will get delayed by a week. Anyways I am too excited to receive my first car.
Old 7th August 2012, 19:59   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Aditya, I am waiting for my Brio. Earlier they promised the delivery on 12th August but now it will get delayed by a week. Anyways I am too excited to receive my first car.
Awesome bro. IMO the Brio looks the best Rallye red and Urban Titanium

I followed t-bhp's buying a new car guide to the T and it definitely helped me get the best deal. Would suggest you to take the "Zero-dep" insurance for an additional 3000 odd bucks. Do check my brio threads for others do and donts

Last edited by adityasiera : 7th August 2012 at 20:00.
Old 8th August 2012, 11:38   #789
BHPian

Quote:

I followed t-bhp's buying a new car guide to the T and it definitely helped me get the best deal. Would suggest you to take the "Zero-dep" insurance for an additional 3000 odd bucks. Do check my brio threads for others do and donts
+1 for zero depreciation, particularly if it's your first car.

adityasiera, thanks for the link to the forum, but there's got to be a way to figure out that language The pictures do give some idea, but more interested in the discussion about it there.
Old 8th August 2012, 14:36   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap View Post
+1 for zero depreciation, particularly if it's your first car.

adityasiera, thanks for the link to the forum, but there's got to be a way to figure out that language The pictures do give some idea, but more interested in the discussion about it there.
Google chrome is the savior, it wd let you translate the entire webpage. although translation is not 100% accurate you would still be able to figure it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-thb.png  

adityasiera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 16:21   #791
BHPian

Quote:

Would suggest you to take the "Zero-dep" insurance for an additional 3000 odd bucks. Do check my brio threads for others do and donts
Yeah in Ralley Red Honda Brio looks stunning. Somehow I felt the Urban Titanium will be more suitbale for long cars like VW Passat, Jetta etc. So I dropped that option.

I have already opted for Zero Dep insurance, 2+2 years Warranty and 4 years RSA.
Old 10th August 2012, 14:09   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah in Ralley Red Honda Brio looks stunning. Somehow I felt the Urban Titanium will be more suitbale for long cars like VW Passat, Jetta etc. So I dropped that option.

I have already opted for Zero Dep insurance, 2+2 years Warranty and 4 years RSA.
Welcome to the Brio club MaxTorque! I am glad to find my Brio having newer friends day by day. Red and Blue are most popular colors for Brio here in Ahmedabad, although I opted for Taffeta White. This car is definitely fun to drive which I am discovering everyday since April 24, my D-day. What other cars did you consider before finalizing Brio?
Old 10th August 2012, 14:55   #793
BHPian

Came across a couple of new and crisp reviews. A welcome change from the others available, which are basically just a read out of the spec/feature list.

SilkDrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 20:06   #794
BHPian

From the video, I totally agree to the point that the gear shift is notchy. Many people say it is smooth. But personally, Brio's gear shift is not butter smooth like a Swift. I also don't think there is too much body roll. The body roll is acceptable for a hatchback and the Brio handles well.
whencut86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 22:06   #795
BHPian

I too have booked a Taffeta White S-MT(O) version and expecting the delivery by next Thursday.I am Keeping my fingers crossed. The car would be mainly used by my dad for driving in heavily congested areas of my hometown. I will post an ownership review, once I get my hands on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediaowner View Post

Ex showroom - 4,52,400
Honda assure insurance - 12,702 (getting this free)
Road Tax & Registration - 25,169
Handling charges for registration - 3500
Extended Warranty - 4,900
RSA- 4000
3M paint & underbody - 7500

Please note : Honda was giving Extended Warranty and RSA free last month but they are not willing to give it free anyhow this month.
On the price front, the quotations given by my dealer are very similar to Cediaowner's. The insurance is being covered by the dealer. Since we are exchanging our 2002 Alto, we are getting Rs 15,000 as exchange bonus. I was also able to negotiate for free foot-mats and original Honda seat-covers. I am also getting a free paint protection coating.

As far as underbody & paint are concerned, my dealer said he would do it for Rs 3000. I am not sure if he would be using 3M.

Most Viewed