Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2012, 01:44   #811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile
You have full right to deny taking delivery of the vehicle if you are uncomfortable and ask for a fresher VIN vehicle. But in my opinion, you should inspect the vehicle in the flesh and if you feel that it is factory fresh then there is no harm in taking its delivery, even though the VIN may suggest otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk
I will put three months stocking as acceptable but not ideal. If it crosses six months then I will crib. Normally you get very fresh cars when there is a BS level change. They do tend to stock up esp. if there is a model upgrade. I am going for an AT as soon as it comes (Festive season!!). Let me see what I get.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra

As long as you have correctly decoded and verified that the model is May 2012 manufactured, it should not be much of a problem. In any case dispatches would depend on the demand from the dealers. I'd suggest you carry out the PDI carefully and if it passes you can go ahead.
Thank you all for the suggestions . I understand that a 3 month stock can be acceptable. But the thing is that while booking I had specifically asked the dealer whether the car would be from their old stock or not, to which he replied "no Sir , the car is going to come by next week from Honda's plant". And today when he called me that the car had arrived and that I could come over and have a look.

My question is simply that whether Honda dispatches old stock or is the dealer trying to take me for a ride ?

Last edited by cediaowner : 17th August 2012 at 01:45.
Old 17th August 2012, 09:20   #812
BANNED

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediaowner View Post
My question is simply that whether Honda dispatches old stock or is the dealer trying to take me for a ride ?
Three months will not be considered old stock. Now when the dealer got it is for him to prove. Going by the number of Brio's multiplying in Kanpur I doubt whether any dealer will have significant stocks!

Remember when there is a change in pollution norms (like BSIII to BS4) the govt allows six months grace to clear old stocks and permits their registration, provided the date of manufacture pre-dates the spec change.

Incidentally, on another forum somebody with supposedly inside info has reiterated Deepawali launch for the Brio AT.

Last edited by sgiitk : 17th August 2012 at 09:22.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 19:22   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk
Three months will not be considered old stock. Now when the dealer got it is for him to prove. Going by the number of Brio's multiplying in Kanpur I doubt whether any dealer will have significant stocks!

Remember when there is a change in pollution norms (like BSIII to BS4) the govt allows six months grace to clear old stocks and permits their registration, provided the date of manufacture pre-dates the spec change.

Incidentally, on another forum somebody with supposedly inside info has reiterated Deepawali launch for the Brio AT.

I had called up Honda India in Delhi and enquired about this particular query,to which the customer care executive told that he couldn't tell (which was expected). But then he took the VIN and told me that they would escalate this to the dealership and they would look into this. I told them that I wanted to hear from Honda India and not the dealership (as regard to whether they would normally send a May manufactured car in August). I also told them that I was going to the dealership to have a look at the car. The customer executive then gave me a communication code number and told me that they would follow up.

Then I went to the dealership in the afternoon and they took me to their stockyard (it's on the same building). When I saw the car it was very dirty and with mud stains which looked like scratches. But when I rubbed them off they came off easily. Now ,it's accepted that the cars in the stockyard are dirty but my car particularly was the dirtiest (there was a black and a silver model parked beside it ). Their was even a VMT red colour parked opposite it which was much better than my rally red car. When I asked them , they said that all the cars have come from the plant . They also gave me an explanation that the plant manufactured cars with a particular colour and models in more quantity in a particular month (I really don't know how genuine is it). One more thing is that I checked the odometer and there was 7 Kms registered on it.

Then I told the dealer I wasn't sure about the car . They replied that they will send me a scan copy of an invoice from Honda which will specify the dispatch details. I told them to kindly do so by tomorrow. Let's see what they send me tomorrow.

As regards to the AT Launch they also told it is expected for a Diwali launch and the diesel model around mid 2013. They also told me that they might start producing the CRV in India ( at present it's imported from Japan ).
Old 18th August 2012, 12:48   #814
BHPian

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-image504413362.jpg

This is the scan I got from the dealer . Seems legitimate . What should I do ?
Old 20th August 2012, 13:55   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
I have booked the same variant. The OTR price of same variant in Pune is Rs.5.94 lakhs without any discounts. There is no cash discount available in Pune. But insurance is free. After bragaining the amount came to Rs.5.73 lakh. Mats and UV coatings have been offered as freebies. Which is approx 50,000 more than Delhi/Kolkota price.

Any suggestion about bare minimum accessories for Honda Brio S-MT(O) variant..?
Did you get the delivery ?
Regarding the accessories, the rear boot protection cover (500 odd bucks) is a must. mudflaps and everything else comes with the car.
Old 20th August 2012, 15:39   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityasiera View Post
Did you get the delivery ?
Regarding the accessories, the rear boot protection cover (500 odd bucks) is a must. mudflaps and everything else comes with the car.
Not yet Aditya, but the vehicle is ready at Dealership. I was busy last week so could not take the delivery. I will take the delivery by Thursday.
Old 20th August 2012, 21:46   #817
BHPian

Quote:
When I saw the car it was very dirty and with mud stains which looked like scratches. but my car particularly was the dirtiest (there was a black and a silver model parked beside it ). One more thing is that I checked the odometer and there was 7 Kms registered on it.

No dealer will tell you its an old stock. As a buyer you know its old stock when the dealer offers exceptional discount upfront without you even beginning to bargain. If you have done the VIN check carry out the PDI at the stockyard itself. 7km on the odo is as genuine as it gets. Don't break your head so much you are not going to get a freshly baked piece if the dealer has stock left.

All cars are transported from the factory and kept in the stockyard hence they will be dirty & mud caked. The dealer themselves have a PDI to carry out before the car is made ready for delivery. To satisfy yourself carry out another PDI on the delivery day.
Old 21st August 2012, 17:31   #818
BHPian

I am in a similar boat. Made complete payment for my Brio V(MT). Asked for the VIN and found that it is a March model. They are willing to give me any vehicle that I need, but all are of March make. Not sure what to do now.
Old 25th August 2012, 15:24   #819

I was an invisible spectator on this thread for over 10 days, trying to make up my mind on which small car to buy. Finally placed an order for Red Brio S(O) MT on 15 Aug 2012 and had it delivered yesterday from Apex Honda in Sion.

On Road the price was 5.69 including 4 year Road side assistance and extended warranty. Also included were the mats, the rust proofing and Teflon.

Based on my preference and what I read from this site, I have done the following mods already:

1) Changed the steel rims to 15" OEM Honda Alloy (previous generation design, but new rims)

2) Upgraded the tyres to 195/55 R15 Yoko A Drives

3) Installed a 4 sensor Reverse Parking Sensor (iGadget)

Sun Film and Seat Covers pending. Really love the looks of the car.

If I start the vote of thanks, I would end up mentioning a boat-load of people. Suffice to say that I found answers to all my questions on team-bhp forum and I have shamelessly taken advantage of it.

-Anand
libran472 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2012, 09:08   #820
BHPian

@libran472, congrats on your new brio, its an awesome choice!
Do post pictures, or even start your own ownership thread.

I have some questions for you.
  • How much did the 15" alloys cost? Will the upsize void your suspension warranty?
  • How is the ride with the A-drives? Do the tires touch when driving at full load, or when the steering is fully turned? I would like to know since at this size, the diameter is about 2% more than stock. I am also considering the Brio, but am waiting for the AT model to be available.
  • Any plans for improving the ICE?
Congrats once again!
Old 26th August 2012, 10:49   #821

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjacob View Post
@libran472, congrats on your new brio, its an awesome choice!
Do post pictures, or even start your own ownership thread.
Thank you. Yes, the photos are on my phone, need to upload them. Will do it today.

Quote:
I have some questions for you.
  • How much did the 15" alloys cost? Will the upsize void your suspension warranty?
  • The OEM Honda alloys cost 16500 for a set of 4. I got a OEM 15" steel for the spare, which cost me 1000.

A-Drives 195/55 cost 5200.

Asked the sales person at Apex Honda and he confirmed that the warranty will not void out on the wheel upgrade.

Quote:
  • How is the ride with the A-drives? Do the tires touch when driving at full load, or when the steering is fully turned? I would like to know since at this size, the diameter is about 2% more than stock. I am also considering the Brio, but am waiting for the AT model to be available.
  • I have driven about 20Kms after the change, so not a lot of time to test, but the ride is smoother than the stock. Topped up the tank yesterday, so will be keeping track of the FE going forward.

The wheels do have a lower profile that stock, but there is enough space in the well. I had 5 folks in the car last evening (along with 2 children on laps) and there was no issue of "touching".

Quote:
  • Any plans for improving the ICE?
No! I find the stock ICE capable enough for my listening needs

I will be looking for a 1-2 USB Female socket for the empty switch on the dashboard. I would like to connect my navigator and cell phone for charging through these ports.
libran472 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2012, 19:33   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libran472 View Post
Thank you. Yes, the photos are on my phone, need to upload them. Will do it today.

The OEM Honda alloys cost 16500 for a set of 4. I got a OEM 15" steel for the spare, which cost me 1000.
Thats awesome.. I have been planning on the same lines with the OHC Vtec rims. Looking for a good deal on that.

Do post pics of your car with the new rims.
Old 26th August 2012, 23:19   #823
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...They also gave me an explanation that the plant manufactured cars with a particular colour and models in more quantity in a particular month (I really don't know how genuine is it)...
This is true. Manufacturers do mass production of colors based on general demand rather than as per the order log.

Quote:
...This is the scan I got from the dealer . Seems legitimate . What should I do ?
If the VIN number on the invoice matches, I don't think there is a problem. Also unless the dealer is genuine, don't think they would have taken this pain to try & prove their side. To me the dealer looks transparent enough. But on the other side, you could try & get some discounts or freebies.

Edit
:: Did you get to see the dealer prices on the invoice? Care to PM me the price if you know - am just curious as to what kind of margins do the dealers have. I will be happy even if you give a percentage figure instead!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th August 2012 at 23:21. Reason: Adding "Edit" portion.
Old 27th August 2012, 11:34   #824
BHPian

Friends, I took the delivery of Brio S (O) MT - Rally Red last week. The delivery was a smooth affair, the sales consultant to whome I was not interacting was not available. But he made alternate arrangement and ensured everything smooth. My dealer is Deccan Honda, Pimpri. Team-BHP's PDI check sheet was of great help.

I have not added any accessories to my Brio. Currently I am looking for seat covers. Please let me know if there are some suggestions.
Old 27th August 2012, 12:31   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
No dealer will tell you its an old stock. As a buyer you know its old stock when the dealer offers exceptional discount upfront without you even beginning to bargain. If you have done the VIN check carry out the PDI at the stockyard itself. 7km on the odo is as genuine as it gets. Don't break your head so much you are not going to get a freshly baked piece if the dealer has stock left.

All cars are transported from the factory and kept in the stockyard hence they will be dirty & mud caked. The dealer themselves have a PDI to carry out before the car is made ready for delivery. To satisfy yourself carry out another PDI on the delivery day.
Thats precisely what I am going to do . The dealer was pretty confident that it wasn't old stock and it seemed okay when I sat inside, the car looked fresh from inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devakj View Post
I am in a similar boat. Made complete payment for my Brio V(MT). Asked for the VIN and found that it is a March model. They are willing to give me any vehicle that I need, but all are of March make. Not sure what to do now.
March seems to be pretty old. You might call up Honda India helpline and ask them about it ( I also called them for the query but except for a follow up call I'm yet to hear from them ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This is true. Manufacturers do mass production of colors based on general demand rather than as per the order log.

If the VIN number on the invoice matches, I don't think there is a problem. Also unless the dealer is genuine, don't think they would have taken this pain to try & prove their side. To me the dealer looks transparent enough. But on the other side, you could try & get some discounts or freebies.

Edit
:: Did you get to see the dealer prices on the invoice? Care to PM me the price if you know - am just curious as to what kind of margins do the dealers have. I will be happy even if you give a percentage figure instead!
Yes , the VIN number matches the one given to me. I have okayed the car . Waiting for the loan to be processed and I should have the delivery anytime soon.

Regarding the dealer prices , he hid the prices with a sheet of paper and even though its translucent , I cant make out the price. Even I was curious to know how much they actually pay .

Last edited by cediaowner : 27th August 2012 at 12:33. Reason: Added more to the first quote
cediaowner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed