Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2012, 14:12   #826
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Friends, I took the delivery of Brio S (O) MT - Rally Red last week. The delivery was a smooth affair, the sales consultant to whome I was not interacting was not available. But he made alternate arrangement and ensured everything smooth. My dealer is Deccan Honda, Pimpri. Team-BHP's PDI check sheet was of great help.
Congratulations on getting home the Brio. Please share with us loads of pictures & do not forget to start your separate ownership thread. So how many days you had to wait to get the delivery? How has been your overall experience with Deccan Honda, Pimpri?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 14:57   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations on getting home the Brio. Please share with us loads of pictures & do not forget to start your. How has been your overall experience with Deccan Honda, Pimpri?
The overall experience at Deccan Honda is O.K. I won't say it was excellent. I visited the showroom four times, everytime I managed to reach there on time. But the concerned person was not available most of the time. So everytime I had to call him and wait for at least 10-15 minutes. But everytime someone proactively came and guided me to waiting lounge. People are courteous and co-operative. If you ask me to rate Deccan I would give 3 out of 5. Anyways it's just a bigginning so need to wait and see.

This is my first car and I am getting used to the car and it's features. Can you suggest me some showroom/s to get a decent seat cover for my Red beauty..?
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 15:40   #828
BHPian

Watched the track day conducted by Autocarindia. Brio is much better and faster car compared to Swift, concluded NK. He even seemed to genuinely like the car.
Old 27th August 2012, 16:32   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is my first car and I am getting used to the car and it's features. Can you suggest me some showroom/s to get a decent seat cover for my Red beauty..?
If you want to choose from a wide variety of seat covers & that too at reasonable prices, then straightaway head to Nana Peth. There are many car accessories shops.
Old 28th August 2012, 08:44   #830
BHPian

Quote:
The overall experience at Deccan Honda is O.K. I won't say it was excellent. I visited the showroom four times, everytime I managed to reach there on time. But the concerned person was not available most of the time. So everytime I had to call him and wait for at least 10-15 minutes. But everytime someone proactively came and guided me to waiting lounge. People are courteous and co-operative. If you ask me to rate Deccan I would give 3 out of 5. Anyways it's just a bigginning so need to wait and see.

Congrats. I too enquired first at Deccan Honda (Satara Road), but I found them to be rather laid back. They didnt even keep the test ride appointment I scheduled with them. I went instead to Crystal Honda near Bavdhan.The experience was quite good. The staff was very professional and helpful overall. I took the car out twice for test drives before I booked it.

One sore point however was that they failed to deliver the car on the scheduled date even though they had the car. They couldnt make the delivery because they didnt have anyone "available" to get the octroi and RTO registration done in time. I got the car two days later.

I still get calls from Deccan Honda asking me if I enquired about the Brio.
Old 28th August 2012, 12:37   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
Congrats. I too enquired first at Deccan Honda (Satara Road), but I found them to be rather laid back.

I still get calls from Deccan Honda asking me if I enquired about the Brio.

Actually Deccan Honda, Pimpri showroom is closer to my home. So I preferred them. Also I had asked for quote from Crystal Honda, but they are yet to reply..

Which color did you book..?
Old 28th August 2012, 12:48   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Actually Deccan Honda, Pimpri showroom is closer to my home. So I preferred them. Also I had asked for quote from Crystal Honda, but they are yet to reply..

Which color did you book..?
I had booked the Blue. I am already 3 months into ownership.
Old 29th August 2012, 15:41   #833

I am contemplating change of car from 'Alto' to 'Brio' (another potential hatchback). Consideration for buying the next car is <5L; low cost of ownership; mostly, in city driving; average daily driving will be 35 kms and others. As i see there is a lot discussed in the review on the +ve/-ve (desired) of Brio and it really confuses me-which is better/are all better. Hence, the choice is on on look good and we buy. To make my decision based more than just 'on-look' and anchored in technicalities/utilities of a vehicle will like some advice.

Specific to Brio-to the members and the reviewers-would you advice me to buy this- have stated elsewhere on my very basic requirement and more than that 4 pointers: <5 L; low cost of ownership @ HASS; good looks and interiors; above avg comfort in driving (city & highway).
Old 29th August 2012, 17:13   #834
BHPian

I have done about 4500 odd KMs on my Brio and I can vouch for the fact that it'll be a very good upgrade for your Alto. You won't regret your decision. As for your less than 5 lakh budget, it'd be great if you can stretch a little and get the S(O)MT variant since you'll get ABS and Air Bags in this variant. With the recent offers/discounts from Honda, you will get Insurance free and I think on-road price will come to 5.2-5.3 lakhs.
whencut86 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 17:42   #835
Senior - BHPian

@The Consultant

Although Alto -> Brio is some sort of upgrade but Brio has a tiny boot so if you have a family then it would be good only for weekly shopping etc but anything more will be a challenge, esp any outstation trips. City average for Brio is also grey area - my dad is getting only around 8-9kmpl, admittedly on the very congested roads of Jhansi city :( During the second service when he raised this with Honda, their response was he should drive on highways only to get good average!!!

For a monthly average driving of 1000KMs you could consider a diesel car - Chevy Beat and Ford Figo are worthy alternatives.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2012, 19:00   #836
BHPian

Did a test drive of the Brio VMT variant today. The test car was arranged by Green Honda, L.B.Nagar, Hyderabad. Courteous staff and very prompt. Fixed appointment for 3 pm and the executive Mr.Swamy was at my office gate on time. The test car was in rally red color and saw 13 K approx reading on the odometer. Here are my observations :

1. Excellent engine response, no slugging even with 4 people on board and a/c ON.
2. Gear shifts not as slick as i10.
3. Could hardly hear the engine noise, absolute silence in the cabin.
4. Excellent brakes. Stops right at the point where you want.
5. A/c took some time to chill, could be due to hot climate today and no sun-film on the test car
6. Steering wheel grip is good, steering gives a good feedback too.
7. Boot is reasonably adequate for a small family.
8. Was blown up by seeing the cabin space, lots of space inside which is totally un-expected looking at the exteriors. Rear seating was comfortable.
9. Felt the need of height adjustment & neck support on the front row seats.
10. Sound quality was average ( i am an audiophile )
11. Ingress, Egress seems to be a bit challenging or maybe it needs to get used to.

These are purely my views and existing owners please do not feel offended. Overall, I will say it's a pocket rocket and the SMT(O) variant is highly recommended keeping the safety features in view.

Cheers !
Abhi_abarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 11:54   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
@The Consultant

ACity average for Brio is also grey area - my dad is getting only around 8-9kmpl, admittedly on the very congested roads of Jhansi city :( During the second service when he raised this with Honda, their response was he should drive on highways only to get good average!!!
I am getting an average of 12-13 in peak Chennai traffic with A/C on at all times. I get 15-16 in Chennai roads when there is very little traffic. 8-9 kmpl is shocking actually. Drop a mail to Honda customer care and see what hey reply.
whencut86 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2012, 15:12   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
I am getting an average of 12-13 in peak Chennai traffic with A/C on at all times. I get 15-16 in Chennai roads when there is very little traffic. 8-9 kmpl is shocking actually. Drop a mail to Honda customer care and see what hey reply.
The car is very sensitive to traffic congestion. In nice moving traffic I get around 16 with AC. It drops to 10.9 -11.5 with AC in Gurgaon congestion (10-15kmph traffic with 1st n 2nd Gear).

Take it on the highway and whooh... 140kmph @ 19kmpl.. :-) Brilliant.

Bottom line is that these cars are feul efficient, but the traffic conditions and our attitude when stuck in congestion causes worse mileage stats.
Old 30th August 2012, 15:47   #839
BANNED

Well mileage is highly dependent on the traffic. My daughter had our old Zen in Gwalior and barely managed 8-9kpl. I think Jhansi is equally bad.
Old 30th August 2012, 17:29   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Well mileage is highly dependent on the traffic. My daughter had our old Zen in Gwalior and barely managed 8-9kpl. I think Jhansi is equally bad.
I agree with that sir. Only thing is, earlier he had an Alto and under similar driving conditions (moderate A/C use, same roads etc) he was getting around 14-15 kmpl with that. We were expecting around 12 for the Brio so it was bit of a dampener (but the car is brilliant to drive compared to the Alto).

Anyway the second service was done just last week so maybe now the average will improve. My parents running is not much (hardly 200 km a month) so we are not fretting on the mileage part too much. Anyway they are on a longish tour right now (Jhansi - Agra - Bulandshahr - Mathura - Jhansi) and are totally loving the car on the highway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks