Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2012, 08:50   #916
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

I cannot believe there is no rear parcel tray on the Brio! Not only is it useful to keep small items but it protects the boot's contents from being visible to every passer by. This is important if you want to keep things in it as you go shopping for a couple of hours.
Old 28th October 2012, 10:42   #917
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frequentflyer
I cannot believe there is no rear parcel tray on the Brio! Not only is it useful to keep small items but it protects the boot's contents from being visible to every passer by. This is important if you want to keep things in it as you go shopping for a couple of hours.
I believe some of the variants come with a rear parcel tray now. If your variant didn't come with one, you should still be able to buy one & fix it.
Old 29th October 2012, 10:02   #918
BANNED

Yes, it is S(o) and V which have the shelf standard.
Old 29th October 2012, 11:08   #919
BHPian

Some urgent advice needed!

Need to finalize a car urgently. I test drove a Brio yesterday and have actually been quite smitten by it. The only doubt is seating for 3 adults in the back seat. Can I even think of a reasonably (~5 hour) long drive with a family of 4 adults and a kid?

The boot is small too, but I guess I can live with it.

Contending cars are i10 and Brio only. Figo, Vista, Swift have been ruled out keeping $$$ in mind.

Any advice here would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by Masda : 29th October 2012 at 11:09.
Old 29th October 2012, 12:00   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masda View Post

Need to finalize a car urgently. I test drove a Brio yesterday and have actually been quite smitten by it. The only doubt is seating for 3 adults in the back seat. Can I even think of a reasonably (~5 hour) long drive with a family of 4 adults and a kid?

Contending cars are i10 and Brio only. Figo, Vista, Swift have been ruled out keeping $$$ in mind.

Thanks!

If you want loads of features and a well rounded car with decent boot comparitively, then i10. If fun to drive factor, slightly better mileage and relatively cheaper A** then Brio.

btw if $$$ was your criteria, why was the Swift ruled out.. I think Maruti has the cheapest A** in the country by a mile and its a fun car to drive too!(both the K-series and the MJD)
shadows123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 12:24   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadows123 View Post
btw if $$$ was your criteria, why was the Swift ruled out..
Swift is no doubt a wonderful car, and was in serious consideration. In fact all the cars I listed in my post were strong contenders but for their price (OTR). There 0 discounts on Swift (even petrol!). In fact the impression I got from the sales guy was that Maruti was doing me a favor by selling the car -- that besides the OTR price put me off. DDIS was ruled out mainly because of the initial cost.

Swift no doubt is a wonderful car, and would love to own it.....some day!

Now, Brio S-MT comes feature packed + the way everything is put together. However, it does suffer from back seat comfort is perhaps my perception or so I want to believe.

i10 -- a more practical family car, and that's why it is indeed in contention.

I will take family along for a test drive this time and then decide. In the meanwhile, folks who are using the car, if they can share their 2 cents on back seat comfort for passengers- it would be of great help.

Last edited by Masda : 29th October 2012 at 12:26.
Old 29th October 2012, 12:30   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Swift is no doubt a wonderful car, and was in serious consideration. In fact all the cars I listed in my post were strong contenders but for their price (OTR). There 0 discounts on Swift (even petrol!). In fact the impression I got from the sales guy was that Maruti was doing me a favor by selling the car -- that besides the OTR price put me off. DDIS was ruled out mainly because of the initial cost.

Swift no doubt is a wonderful car, and would love to own it.....some day!

Now, Brio S-MT comes feature packed + the way everything is put together. However, it does suffer from back seat comfort is perhaps my perception or so I want to believe.

I will take family along for a test drive this time and then decide. In the meanwhile, folks who are using the car, if they can share their 2 cents on back seat comfort for passengers- it would be of great help.
Well thats surprising. In Bangalore, there's a discount of 20000Rs on Swift atleast. OTR is 6.15 for Vxi and there's a price differential of 1.4L with Swift VDI which has absolutely zero discounts!!

Brio, if only it had the boot of Jazz i would've bought it !!! That was the deal breaker for me. The boot is deeper but not longer!! For City rides, its perfect and not really required though since the Magic seats more than compensate for the boot shortage!! Plus Honda's anyday are more reliable and less prone to defects than Hyundai!!! Thats my 2 cents!! Go for the Brio if you ask me..its a wonderful car to drive and should serve you well for years to come!
shadows123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 12:47   #923
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masda

M
Thanks!
I will anyday pick a Honda over a Hyundai. I prefer Brio in your case. Probably Vista is the only hatchback which can seat 3 at the rear in comfort. If you 'loved' driving the Brio, chances are pretty low i10 is going to impress you.

And it's a perception Hyundai & Maruti are among the cheapest A$$. Trust me, they are no longer! Ask any Swift owner & they will agree (I myself am one) Toyota is a better bet in this regard I feel.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 29th October 2012 at 12:49.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 13:53   #924
BANNED

@swiftnfurious; My Civic maintenance is lower than that of my earlier Accent! Of course oil costs have gone up since I am on full synth now.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 14:13   #925
BHPian

Quote:

i10's width 1595mm is smaller compared to Brio's 1680mm Knowing Honda's brilliance at carving space in a small car, 3 can sit slightly more comfortably in a Brio than in an i10. The back seat comfort is more or less the same in both i10 and Brio. Back seat neck rests are shorter in a Brio though and if you have very tall people then it can get uncomfortable over long rides. But for people with normal height it shouldn't be a problem.
whencut86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 14:23   #926
Senior - BHPian

Brio has way more rear seat space than the i10 for sure. Also the floor in the brio is almost flat unlike the i10 which has a huge hump in the middle.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2012, 14:31   #927
BHPian

Thank you all dear Bhpians - your comments were super useful. Just paid the token amount and sealed the deal for a Brio...I told you my heart was already there!

Last edited by Masda : 29th October 2012 at 14:36.
Old 29th October 2012, 17:56   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all dear Bhpians - your comments were super useful. Just paid the token amount and sealed the deal for a Brio...I told you my heart was already there!
Good decision. You won't be disappointed one bit. Have fun riding the Brio. More than 6000 kms now and it still gives me a smile every time I drive it. I very rarely take my bike out nowadays. I don't thin if many would agree to this but the ivtec engine is miles ahead of other engines. Absolutely love it.
Old 29th October 2012, 19:25   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masda
Hey congrats on the booking! Did you push hard for any discounts on the car as now they have launched the AT version and they probably are concentrating more on the AT version.

Do let us know on the same.
Old 30th October 2012, 10:24   #930
BHPian

Thanks again! So, I've done the booking too. Yesterday evening, my entire family was there at the showroom and to everyone's astonishment (and much to my relief) it did seat 3 in the back with reasonable comfort. There was in fact a little bit more leg room in the back which made it nice and comfortable in the rear. As for my dad, he did find the seats a bit low (he was comparing it with the Santro and i10 -- ingress/egress in these cars is unmatched for the elderly), but then after a while he kind of got used to the low seating Brio. Though the bright side with the Brio was that once we managed to get past the low seating, we found the seats actually more supportive (especially the ones in front).

Now for the discounts -- Insurance + LCD TV is what they offered which I got converted to a cash disc. Besides this, we bargained hard for a body cover, gear lock. So, final OTR - 4.6! After 7 long years of owning Hyundais, this time went for a Honda. They dare not disappoint me!

[Probably, all of these details should make their way to the 'I booked my car' thread too?]

Last edited by Masda : 30th October 2012 at 10:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks