Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2012, 18:41   #946
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Planning to get Brio SMT(New) for my wife this month. The offer i got is

OTR price INR 5,01,573/-

It consists of Bumper to Bumper insurance, Reverse Sensor, Mats, Perfume, Polishing and 3M Under body coating.

The new version comes with Electrically Adjustable ORVM, rest are the same spec.

Does this sound good?

I was planning to get SMT(O) if i get offer worth around 40K, but the Sales executive says that it was available during Sep-Oct, but its not available after the recent price hike. So right now the option is out of my budget. And moreover the variant is not readily available(maybe the silver, but not preferred urban titanium). I'll have to wait till December to know the availability and new offer at that time.

What say? go ahead and book it tomorrow?
Old 20th November 2012, 18:58   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidealong View Post

What say? go ahead and book it tomorrow?
My 2 cents : The SMT (O) is worth the wait due to the safety features. The sales guys normally try to come up such excuses to clear off the existing stock. But in case they are telling the truth I would still request you to book the option pack. It won't take more than 15 days IMO.

Safety pays

Last edited by Abhi_abarth : 20th November 2012 at 18:59. Reason: Deleted un-wanted text
Abhi_abarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 11:17   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidealong View Post
Planning to get Brio SMT(New)

OTR price INR 5,01,573/-

The new version comes with Electrically Adjustable ORVM, rest are the same spec.

Does this sound good?
It consists of 4 year extended warranty, Bumper to Bumper insurance, Reverse Sensor, Mats, Perfume, Polishing and 3M Under body coating.

Any recent brio buyers can validate this? I mean, if its a good deal?
Old 21st November 2012, 20:45   #949
BHPian

Booked a SMT(O) model at whitefield Honda. Got 40000 discount(Cash + free insurance) and another 10000 worth free accessories. Car will be delivered in another 2 weeks.
vivekkp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 11:29   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
Booked a SMT(O) model at whitefield Honda. Got 40000 discount(Cash + free insurance) and another 10000 worth free accessories. Car will be delivered in another 2 weeks.
How much does on the road price come to?
Old 22nd November 2012, 17:56   #951
BHPian

The OTR price is 6.25 lacs in Bangalore for SMT(O). After all the discounts i have to pay 5.85 lacs.
vivekkp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 11:08   #952
BHPian

A Honda dealer called up today offering 30k discount for VMT + free insurance. Is BRIO not moving well or is it effort to move old stock before the year end?

Last edited by megger : 23rd November 2012 at 11:14.
Old 26th November 2012, 22:56   #953
BHPian

I had almost settled on a Jazz S, which sells at an OTR price of 7.5L in my town. Since I really don't need all the space of the Jazz , the Brio started tickling my mind. The discounts on the Brio make it quite a good deal - at 5.7 OTR for S(O)MT, the Brio is nearly 2L cheaper than the Jazz S for roughly the same feature set! (My mind is now computing this in months-of-salary terms)

I'm only concerned about the Brio's ride and handling. On my test drive I was unfortunately not able to take on any rough roads. How does the Brio fare in rough patches (abundant in a small-ish town such as mine)? Is it much worse than the Jazz? (Not that the Jazz is a feather-pillow!). I know the rear is bouncy and bad, but do even the front occupants face a bumpy ride?

How about highway handling? I saw some comments which say that the Brio is scary on the highway. For instance Shiv says-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post

4. Strict city car considering inside boot space and highway manners.

Overall, i am happy with my car, but if you have a big family, prefer more highway runs and expect more comfort on pothholes for your passengers look for something else.
Why exactly is that? Is it that cracks/potholes in the road completely unsettle it? Or is it something to do with stability at speed? In either case, how much worse is it when compared to the Jazz?

I expect a fair amount of highway usage, so this is important for me.

Inputs from BHP-ians would be much appreciated! Is the 2L premium for Jazz worth it, especially when I don't need that much space?

Last edited by qaqa : 26th November 2012 at 23:06. Reason: added quote
Old 27th November 2012, 12:16   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
I had almost settled on a Jazz S, which sells at an OTR price of 7.5L in my town.
====
Inputs from BHP-ians would be much appreciated! Is the 2L premium for Jazz worth it, especially when I don't need that much space?
Hello,

Let me make it clear for you:
BRIO
1. Great for city due to better rpm tuning in lower gears. Pulls cleanly at 2nd from 15kmph.
2. Kerb weight can beat any hatchback today (save for the 1.6s)
3. It's big from inside
4. Suspension setup is a let down, it bounces on evrything but a pristine tarmac.
5. Luggage space is anathor big let down. No space for weekend luggage of 4.
6. On highways, be assured that it wont let the enthusiast in you down but lesser wheelbase makes it a boat like ride.
7. Gives you more fun to drive than jazz at much lower price.

JAZZ
1. My favourite anyday purely because of the looks, space and interior Quality. Honda spends a lot on manufacturing Jazz.
2. I still feel, the fun you get driving the Brio, you dont get in the Jazz, though both have same engine.
3. More Stable on Highways compared to Brio purely because of better wheel base, heavier and balanced.
4. GC is an issue here as well.
5. Loads of Space and vey comfortable interiors.
6. Qualitifies as the only car per family.

I still feel, if space isnt a checkbox for you, go for the Brio. Its scores everywhere else more than Jazz except Space.

Happy Searching..

Aloha
Shiv
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 20:38   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
I had almost settled on a Jazz S, which sells at an OTR price of 7.5L in my town. Since I really don't need all the space of the Jazz , the Brio started tickling my mind. The discounts on the Brio make it quite a good deal - at 5.7 OTR for S(O)MT, the Brio is nearly 2L cheaper than the Jazz S for roughly the same feature set! (My mind is now computing this in months-of-salary terms)

I'm only concerned about the Brio's ride and handling. On my test drive I was unfortunately not able to take on any rough roads. How does the Brio fare in rough patches (abundant in a small-ish town such as mine)? Is it much worse than the Jazz? (Not that the Jazz is a feather-pillow!). I know the rear is bouncy and bad, but do even the front occupants face a bumpy ride?

How about highway handling? I saw some comments which say that the Brio is scary on the highway.
I expect a fair amount of highway usage, so this is important for me.

If you're ok with the less space in the boot (and believe me, that boot IS small) and the slightly skittish ride quality, the Brio would meet most of your needs.

Regarding your questions, no, the front passengers in the Brio don't suffer as much as in the rear. But as mentioned above, you will likely feel every nook and cranny on the road beneath you. And yes, the Brio is more fun to drive than the Jazz. The all-glass back though, is where things become slightly unconventional - to put it lightly. If that suits you, it should be fine. Among other things, it's the same iVtec engine, with slightly less power, and suprisingly (from what I hear), a slightly poorer FE.
CowlFlap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2012, 10:03   #956
Senior - BHPian

I took my new brio to tirupathi over the weekend.

As mentioned elsewhere on this thread, driving it on very good roads is a breeze and it happily cruises along at 3 digit speeds with the ECO light staying on.

The car does not like to be pushed hard, and will protest if you do so. Overtaking needs more planning, and you need to shift down to 2nd at a minimum.

You have to be extra careful about potholes, speed breakers and bad roads.

Got 16.5 kpl before 1st service.
Old 28th November 2012, 13:40   #957

I have not driven the Jazz, so can't comment/compare, but I can vouch for the fact that the Brio is a FUN car to drive (something i missed since my Ford IKON). Brio does make you FEEL the road, so rough roads are not easily forgiven, unlike for example, by a LINEA or PUNTO. However, there is nothing to worry on highway drives and it handles beautifully. The lack of boot space is a well known minus- for those whom it matters. Let me put in nutshell- the Brio is fun and worth it for power, interior space, handling and it's "smart naughty boy" stance and good looks !
Old 28th November 2012, 22:54   #958
BHPian

Picked up BRIO VMT. Sales experience at Whitefield Honda was below par. Even delivery was not made on time, had to wait for 2.5 hrs since car apparently was sent to RTO for reinspection (??)
Odo has gone up by just 4 km from time of PDI despite it having travelled to RTO. On enquiring I was informed they disconnect ODO when they send the car for registration. I find this really strange and hard to believe. Is this the common practice followed by all dealers?
Not been done for my previous two cars.
Old 29th November 2012, 08:55   #959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger
Picked up BRIO VMT. Sales experience at Whitefield Honda was below par. Even delivery was not made on time, had to wait for 2.5 hrs since car apparently was sent to RTO for reinspection (??)
Odo has gone up by just 4 km from time of PDI despite it having travelled to RTO. On enquiring I was informed they disconnect ODO when they send the car for registration. I find this really strange and hard to believe. Is this the common practice followed by all dealers?
Not been done for my previous two cars.
Congrats on the Brio , did you do a PDI ? Before delivery or inspect the vehicle in yard ?
Old 29th November 2012, 09:52   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuner71 View Post
Congrats on the Brio , did you do a PDI ? Before delivery or inspect the vehicle in yard ?
Thanks. PDI was done in the yard. 4km extra is the distance to drive from yard to the showroom.

Am also aghast with the carpet of the car. It is not properly cut to size, so poorly fixed, it is falling off from areas it should be covering. Very thin material, has air pockets everywhere. Just not sticking to the floor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks