Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2012, 13:53   #961
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Does anybody has a picture of Brio Ex Mt dash board? i tried searching the net but amazingly there is none.

As per honda website it has a single din music system with coin holder, if any of the boarders have a pic please share.
Old 5th December 2012, 08:48   #962
BHPian

Is BRIO very underpowered in 3rd gear? It just doesn't pick up for long time. Mine seems tuned for very subdued driving, not much fun :(

Have driven less than 200 km so far. Seems to be giving mileage of over 14 though.
Old 5th December 2012, 09:08   #963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
Is BRIO very underpowered in 3rd gear? It just doesn't pick up for long time. Mine seems tuned for very subdued driving, not much fun :(
Brio is not underpowered in third gear at all. In fact, the second and third gears are the most tractable, and very similar in nature to the K12 Swift engine. Keep the car in its powerband and its a rocket. Below 1000-1200 RPM the car is not that responsive, however, north of 1500 RPM, it will pull cleanly and strongly all the way to the redline.

Also, given the fact that your car is a brand new one with the engine still bedding in, response times and driveability are far from having reached optimum levels at this time. They will only keep improving right upto 5000-6000 kms, which is when the engine would have opened up and it will be a different animal altogether.

My K12 Swift has gone through this cycle, and at 6500 kms, the engine is nothing like it was in the first 2000-3000 kms. In fact, till the time I clock 10,000 kms, I would expect the engine to get smoother and better, especially after the first oil change.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 5th December 2012 at 09:10.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 09:10   #964
Senior - BHPian

The brio is meant to be a city car and is tuned for efficiency rather than enthusiastic performance. I dont know why people are complaining about highway driving and luggage space. If these are your primary requirements then the Brio is not the car for you. It can easily take 3-4 medium sized bags if you remove the parcel tray, which should suffice for a weekend getaway, just choose the getaway location carefully and be careful about the roads you drive on. The space inside is its USP.

As a second car it does it's job quite well.

When it comes to driving pleasure, All the fun is in the 2nd gear, where it pulls quite well. If you learn to ignore the ECO light, it can satisfy the Schumacher in you once in a while. Be careful when overtaking though, as it does not like getting pushed, and will not give you power on tap.

Enjoy the love it gives you back!!! --- It makes you feel good every time you sit behind the wheel, and the FE will put a smile on your face.

Cheers!
smsrini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 09:13   #965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post

When it comes to driving pleasure, All the fun is in the 2nd gear, where it pulls quite well. If you learn to ignore the ECO light, it can satisfy the Schumacher in you once in a while. Be careful when overtaking though, as it does not like getting pushed, and will not give you power on tap.
I believe there is enough power on tap for a bout of enthusiastic driving. As you said, the fun is in the second gear, and in my opinion, the third gear as well. These two are best suited for putting the car through its paces. Trick is to stay above 1500 to 2000 RPM, and there would not be any dearth of power. Almost 90 bhp on a car this size is pretty juicy.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 10:58   #966
BHPian

I am indeed not very confident overtaking with BRIO at present. Matter of breaking-in engine and getting used to the car. I drive Cedia most of time, but my expectation also comes from Wagon R that was quite quick and no lesser in fuel efficiency.

I have been doing around 1500 or lesser RMS infact, need to revv up a bit.
Old 5th December 2012, 17:33   #967
BHPian

Guys, need your advice, a friend of mine plans to book a Silver S-MT from Magnum Honda in Blore and this is the quote she has received,

Ex- showroom - 453978

As this is on Finance, Rs 3,200 is being quoted as stamp paper charge. is this normal ?

Is this in line with the market ? can we get a better rate ? Shes planning to get it in January 2013 only.
Old 5th December 2012, 18:15   #968
BHPian

Nirmal, corporate purchase or individual?
Old 5th December 2012, 18:29   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Nirmal, corporate purchase or individual?
Its an individual purchase !
Old 5th December 2012, 19:33   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post

As this is on Finance, Rs 3,200 is being quoted as stamp paper charge. is this normal ?

Is this in line with the market ? can we get a better rate ? Shes planning to get it in January 2013 only.
Hi, from which bank is you friend taking the loan from?

I recently booked a brio at whitefield honda and took a loan at SBI. I had to pay Rs 640 towards stamp paper charge. So i think 3200 is way too high.
vivekkp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 10:14   #971
BHPian

All future owners of Brio, I would like to warn you about some important points.
- If you are buying a variant with airbags, please also negotiate hard and get the add on cover. The dealers normally do not educate you on this. It will offset you only 2-2.5k. It's well worth it.

I met with an accident with my 1 day old Brio on the 1st of Nov and the car is still lying in Magnum. I have posted all details of accident on another thread. I am unable to post that link as I am writing this on my phone.

The service guys are pathetic. They keep giving false promises. The car is now almost ready excepting the driver side airbags. They don't have this part and Honda are unable to source it for 34 days now. I have repeatedly called the Honda One 2 One and their regional office to get to know the status. I even sent a big mail to their regional office and I have not even got a response. It's extremely disappointing, especially the way they are dealing with me. They just don't give a damn.

I have even sent tweets and they don't reply. This is not the Honda we know.

Last edited by hellraizer : 6th December 2012 at 10:24.
Old 6th December 2012, 10:41   #972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
- If you are buying a variant with airbags, please also negotiate hard and get the add on cover. The dealers normally do not educate you on this. It will offset you only 2-2.5k. It's well worth it.
Thanks for that heads up.

Quote:
The service guys are pathetic. They keep giving false promises. The car is now almost ready excepting the driver side airbags. They don't have this part and Honda are unable to source it for 34 days now. I have repeatedly called the Honda One 2 One and their regional office to get to know the status. I even sent a big mail to their regional office and I have not even got a response. It's extremely disappointing, especially the way they are dealing with me. They just don't give a damn.

Very sorry to hear about your plight. You have to part away with your new car for the last 34 days & it could be even more, you don't know. Ask them to give you in writing, how many more days would be required to source the air bag & fit it on your car & what is the current status. If they refuse to do so, then rite a simple letter to the Service Centre that you are taking your car back (without the airbags fitted). You cannot wait for eternity to get the airbags fitted. Get an acknowledgement on the copy from them, send this to all higher ups in Honda. Getting the things recorded on a piece of paper helps a lot. It makes people accountable.
Old 6th December 2012, 10:42   #973
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All future owners of Brio, I would like to warn you about some important points.
Firstly sorry to hear the ordeal you are going through. But how does the additional cover help. Is this the insurance part you are talking about? Does the regular insurance not cover the airbags, if no, then its simply not acceptable.

Quote:
I have repeatedly called the Honda One 2 One and their regional office to get to know the status. I even sent a big mail to their regional office and I have not even got a response. It's extremely disappointing, especially the way they are dealing with me. They just don't give a damn.

I am a bit surprised too that you did not even get a response. There might be some issue with the part supply or something for them to keep mum. I know it can get frustrating, but do keepp following it up until the car is delivered to you in the right shape it is intended to.
Old 6th December 2012, 14:36   #974
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks for that heads up.

Very sorry to hear about your plight. You have to part away with your new car for the last 34 days & it could be even more, you don't know. Ask them to give you in writing, how many more days would be required to source the air bag & fit it on your car & what is the current status. If they refuse to do so, then rite a simple letter to the Service Centre that you are taking your car back (without the airbags fitted). You cannot wait for eternity to get the airbags fitted. Get an acknowledgement on the copy from them, send this to all higher ups in Honda. Getting the things recorded on a piece of paper helps a lot. It makes people accountable.
Since I am claiming insurance, I cannot move the car out of the service center till the insurance case is closed. This involves survey of damages before start of repair, survey of the car after repair is done, cost settlement etc.

Refer to this thread for details on how the accident occurred. I have posted some pics as well. The damage doesn't look that great from the picture though.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ccident-6.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Firstly sorry to hear the ordeal you are going through. But how does the additional cover help. Is this the insurance part you are talking about? Does the regular insurance not cover the airbags, if no, then its simply not acceptable.
The normal comprehensive insurance will cover only 50% for all plastic parts including airbag associated parts. I have posted the cost estimation in the above mentioned thread. The airbags will offset you about INR 50k. So, I have to bear 50% of the cost. Its appalling that the insurance does not cover 100% of the airbags expense. You know the excuse; airbag parts are mostly made of plastic. Yes, this is rubbish. Had I paid 2.5k and got the add on cover, 100% of the car is covered including plastic parts. I would have had to pay only the Insurance claim charges which would have been INR 1500 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I am a bit surprised too that you did not even get a response. There might be some issue with the part supply or something for them to keep mum. I know it can get frustrating, but do keep following it up until the car is delivered to you in the right shape it is intended to.
Now, coming to the mistakes the dealer is committing; They have promised me 3 delivery dates so far and have not met that. First they said, they will try to deliver it by Diwali (around 12th Nov). Then it was, 26-Nov, 01-Dec.

Here goes their explanation. They ordered all the parts on 5-Nov. They got most of the parts by 20th or so. When I asked them, they said, they have got everything except for one small part. This small part turns out to be Driver side of the Airbags. They said that Honda sourcing have shipped the "City" airbag module instead of Brio's

After exhausting all the means of communication, I have no other choice than to wait. Latest ETA for this part is 20-Dec .

Guys at Magnum are saying that this delay is because Brio is a new car. I told them that its almost a year since the Brio is on road. I cannot believe that they cannot stock all of the car's parts considering how tiny their dealership network is. Its no surprise that now the sales guy does not even pick up my call or return my missed calls.

@Moderator: Excuse me for posting details related to my accident on this thread. I know my previous posts were moved to a more relevant thread but I wanted to pass on my ownership experience to all potential buyers of this car. I thought this would help people.

Last edited by hellraizer : 6th December 2012 at 14:45.
hellraizer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2012, 18:56   #975
BHPian

Quote:
I am indeed not very confident overtaking with BRIO at present. Matter of breaking-in engine and getting used to the car. I drive Cedia most of time, but my expectation also comes from Wagon R that was quite quick and no lesser in fuel efficiency.

I have been doing around 1500 or lesser RMS infact, need to revv up a bit.
even I am driving Cedia for most of my time and feel that i should not be comparing it to brio at which i intend as a second car.
keeping fingers crossed trying to strike bargain for the AT which the dealers seem very reluctant in Lucknow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks