Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2012, 10:42   #976
BANNED

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

whymeonly; Seems that Honda are not in a position to deliver any AT Brios before January. The Lucknow chap got a demo unit (RTO approval), Kanpur did not get even that.

Who runs Honda Dealership in Lucknow now?
Old 10th December 2012, 15:58   #977
BHPian

Honda in Lucknow is represented by Stallion Honda, faijabad Road,
I wanted an AT for my wife.
No discounts at all. Not even the ones offered on MT versions.
Is it safe to book one in Saifai mahotsava starting 14th dec?
Old 10th December 2012, 22:00   #978
BHPian

Guys can anyone of you tell me whats the waiting period for Brio in Bangalore?
I booked a Rallye Red Brio S(O)MT with Whitefield Honda on November 18'th and iam yet to get the car.

The dealer is telling some story that the car has got stuck in transit. I have called Honda and informed them of the delay. Not sure if it would help. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 16th December 2012, 06:15   #979
BHPian

Guys, good news. Finally got my car yesterday. The final bill was 113000. I had to shell out 19k from my pocket. Did pooja last evening.

And now the sad news. I was heading out to HSR around 7PM with family. In the BSK area, as I was slowly passing by, a luggage auto was coming from the opposite direction. He passed me and then suddenly felt like he came too close to the car. I just couldn't figure out. His vehicle had swerved towards my car and made contact. Result; Damage to both right side doors, ORVM and rear fender. Again on the very first day of delivery I meet with such an accident and with no fault of mine.
I went to the driver to find out what happened. Of course I was furious. It so happened that there was a tree whose branch was hanging out. The driver couldn't figure out that in the night. His cabin had gone past and the stupid carrier hit the tree branch and as a result swerved to the right. My unlucky Brio was right next to it and made contact.

Now, coming to the more worrying trend and you will all be surprised
- Both times, I was driving and I was not the root cause of the accident
- Both times, it was a freak accident
- Both times the accident happened in under 12 hours of taking the car
- Both times the accident has happened with trucks/luggage vehicle which carries milk. First it was Nandhini, this time it is Thirumala milk.
How can this even be possible :-)?

I am just lost for words. After meeting with an accident within 12 hours of getting my new Brio, and then waiting for 46 days to get it repaired, I end up in this mess again. The ODO now stands at 66km and the car has 2 accidents already.
I had 5 people on board including wife, daughter, sister and my BIL. Now everyone is saying that there is something wrong with the car and asking me to sell it even if I lose money.
I am clueless.

Name:  ForumRunner_20121216_061406.png
Views: 2839
Size:  511.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20121216_061415.png
Views: 2937
Size:  490.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20121216_061429.png
Views: 3062
Size:  535.4 KB

Last edited by hellraizer : 16th December 2012 at 06:22.
Old 16th December 2012, 08:07   #980
BHPian

Quite shocking, but do understand your family's sentiments too. I faced a similar situation with our first car the Fiat Uno, but stuck with it & its still our 2nd car after 15 yrs In a way, the fact that we had accidents with it but never was anyone hurt was reassuring in itself.
Old 16th December 2012, 14:59   #981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
Guys, good news. Finally got my car yesterday. The final bill was 113000. I had to shell out 19k from my pocket. Did pooja last evening.
Your share is comping to around 17%, which is really a good news

Quote:
And now the sad news. Result; Damage to both right side doors, ORVM and rear fender. Again on the very first day of delivery I meet with such an accident and with no fault of mine.
I am like on hearing this. Its the matter of history repeating itself. Very sad indeed & my heartfelt sympathies with you & your car.

Quote:
I had 5 people on board including wife, daughter, sister and my BIL. Now everyone is saying that there is something wrong with the car and asking me to sell it even if I lose money. I am clueless.
I can understand the sentiments of your family members. It would have been quite embarrassing & frustrating to be such a situation. But my suggestion would be don't dwell too much on it & take it on in your own stride. (Easier said than done). May be the car is testing your patience & determination.

My car met with a similar fate when it was brand new. Someone in the darkness of night gifted me a one foot long dent on the front left door (could be purely out of jealousy). I got it repaired & took even more care of her. This happened 8.5 years back, car has run more than 1,20,000 kms since then & it is still with me. I had four more instances where the car took the brunt & I had to get the denting painting done. However each time it went under the knife, it came out with renewed vigor & energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Quite shocking, but do understand your family's sentiments too. I faced a similar situation with our first car the Fiat Uno, but stuck with it & its still our 2nd car after 15 yrs In a way, the fact that we had accidents with it but never was anyone hurt was reassuring in itself.
I completely agree with gsurya. Abandoning your car only because you were in difficult situations twice, (for no fault of hers or yours), would be gross injustice to her. Take care of her & I can guarantee you, she would return all the love back to you.
Old 16th December 2012, 18:11   #982
BHPian

I will endure with my car. Thanks for the sympathies. Feels better. One thing for sure. Honda spare parts are really expensive and probably only cheaper than Skoda. For instance the ORVM costs 3750. A single Fog lamp cost me 4700. Any thoughts?
Old 16th December 2012, 20:41   #983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I will endure with my car. Thanks for the sympathies. Feels better. One thing for sure. Honda spare parts are really expensive and probably only cheaper than Skoda. For instance the ORVM costs 3750. A single Fog lamp cost me 4700. Any thoughts?
Good to know that you plan to stick to your vehicle. Yeah, Honda parts are known to be expensive. You could check with aftermarket shops, might be lucky to find OEM stuffs at low prices.
Old 16th December 2012, 23:30   #984
BHPian

@hellraizer, my sympathies with you. I have the same colour and model and it received its first small scratch on the front bumper today, after 9 months. That in itself hurts badly and yours is effectively 2 major bodywork damage in 2 days of your ownership. I suggest you run the car as it is for sometime replacing only the mirror, since its functionally fine and ward off the bad luck period. Then get it repaired once and for all.

To Brio owners of this community, what is your city FE? I get around 10.5 to 11 in my tank to tank and that is lesser than my more powerful, enthusiastic and heavy Polo 1.6 which gives me 1 KM more in the absolutely same conditions. Is this all I can expect in this car? The claimed 14 and likes is unseen during the city drives. I generally keep the tyre pressure at 2 units more than recommended.

Last edited by v.anand : 16th December 2012 at 23:31.
Old 16th December 2012, 23:41   #985
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your accident, hellraizer. I suggest not getting it repaired for a few days, drive it about town, get some confidence in the car again. Maybe get the family's confidence in the car again too. Then you can think about spending some more hard earned money in getting it repaired. This time the damage seems to be paint job and ORVM so perhaps you can get it done in stages.

Anyway, wish you better luck from here on!
Old 17th December 2012, 06:31   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
@hellraizer, my sympathies with you. I have the same colour and model and it received its first small scratch on the front bumper today, after 9 months. That in itself hurts badly and yours is effectively 2 major bodywork damage in 2 days of your ownership. I suggest you run the car as it is for sometime replacing only the mirror, since its functionally fine and ward off the bad luck period. Then get it repaired once and for all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider77 View Post
Sorry to hear about your accident, hellraizer. I suggest not getting it repaired for a few days, drive it about town, get some confidence in the car again. Maybe get the family's confidence in the car again too. Then you can think about spending some more hard earned money in getting it repaired. This time the damage seems to be paint job and ORVM so perhaps you can get it done in stages.

Anyway, wish you better luck from here on!
Guys, I could have done exactly what you said but the scratches are deep. If they were minor scratches, I would surely have done that. Also I definitely need the mirror. If I replace it on my own, I cannot claim insurance. I went back to Magnum and they were like "Are you kidding me?". One guy thought that it would mostly be my mistake and I do not know how to drive. I just laughed at him.

Got the acknowledgement from police the same day. Did all the paper work for insurance.
Following is the repair work
- 2 door-outers will be replaced and painted
- 2 door handles will also need to be painted. They have scratches.
- Rear fender dent needs to be removed and painted
- Dr-side ORVM along with the plastic part that holds the mirror will be replaced.

Estimate is around 27k this time. Insurance should cover 22 or 23. Since all parts are available, they promised me to deliver in 3 days time. Pretty good I thought.

Am sure the insurance company would go mad seeing the claim on the same car in 2 days again and that too with the same driver.

Finally, posting the pic of the tree.

Name:  ForumRunner_20121217_063044.png
Views: 2577
Size:  429.9 KB
Old 17th December 2012, 18:00   #987

Hi fellow BHP-ians ,

I'm planning to book the EXMT version of Honda Brio in Kolkata :

The price list goes as follows : -
Ex showroom - 4,35,200
Honda assure insurance - 12,230 (getting this for Rs1)
Road Tax & Registration - 26k
Handling charges for registration - 3500
Extended Warranty - 5,600 (offering this free)
RSA- 4600
3M paint & underbody - 7.6k

Now I have some queries: -

1. Most Important - The dealer is mentioning that the EXMT version is still not registered with the RTO Kolkata and if they do not have it by the time I get delivery (which they will provide as soon as my cheque gets cleared) they will allot me a number with AF (applied for registration) - which means I can drive the car but till 5 pm only (i.e. in daylight). My question is if I take the delivery and keep the car with me how will the matter proceed as they are already charging me for Road Registration.

2. Is the RSA needed? I am only going to use it for city driving for home-office commute. Can they refuse me the service even if I am ready to pay for eventualities (like engine stoppage due to water logging during monsoons etc.)

3. Is the extended warranty worth or should I convert to a cash discount?

4. Being December I am getting the offers as mentioned above, shall I go slow and book the car on 26th etc so that offers are availed as well as the registration date gets pushed back to January so that in case of resale it shows 2013

5. In case of any freebies, what should I ask them - they have already said "No" to reverse parking sensor
Old 17th December 2012, 18:34   #988

Back to back posts, use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead and please avoid Quoting entire large posts. Thanks

Pl. sell it. Looks like it does not match your horoscope; maybe it will suit someone else....

Quote:
=============
Attachment 1027514
I get 10.5 to 11 in the crowded city area of T.Nagar in Chennai where I do most of my driving (with very little chance to go to the 5th gear). And my Honda dealer tells me I am getting the best under the conditions...On long distance drives I get 18-19 km/L

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th December 2012 at 18:58. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 22:38   #989
BHPian

Finally got my car delivered today.

It was exactly a months wait but in the end it was worth it.
Old 18th December 2012, 13:52   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Again on the very first day of delivery I meet with such an accident and with no fault of mine.
Mate, I don't have words to express how bad I feel about this. Completely empathize with what's going on in your mind. Though difficult, I suggest you stick with the car and enjoy the ownership experience in future. Hopefully this is the last of the troubles you'll ever have with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babuchand View Post
2. Is the RSA needed? - Honda is known for its reliability. Never heard anyone getting stranded. Besides you are usage will be predominantly in the city. Hence in my opinion RSA is not really needed.

3. Is the extended warranty worth or should I convert to a cash discount? - It is worth it. Peace of mind for a good majority of ownership years. Though keep in mind extended warranty might not cover all of the items as the standard warranty.

4. Being December I am getting the offers as mentioned above, shall I go slow and book the car on 26th etc so that offers are availed as well as the registration date gets pushed back to January so that in case of resale it shows 2013

If resale is of importance then waiting would make sense. If you want more discounts end of year / month is the best time

5. In case of any freebies, what should I ask them - Mats & Body cover if they yield
My replies in bold. Try and get the 3M coat done outside in 3M centers. Also EXMT comes with only 1-din dash and front speakers IIRC. If you need a decent setup opt for EMT and use the spare cash to get after market audio. You'll get better bang for the buck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post
Finally got my car delivered today.
Congrats, hope to see you in the ownership page

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks