Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2013, 14:36   #1006
BANNED

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

I think the basic rate of Honda is Rs.4000 per panel. In this case only one panel seems to be involved. If you are paying yourself, they may charge less.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 15:25   #1007
Distinguished - BHPian

What are the current discounts for the Brio's in Bangalore now? A friend's in the market and I'll have to do the negotiations.

Will help if folks chime in! Thanks guys!
Old 7th January 2013, 15:32   #1008
BANNED

Honda re not exactly known for discounting. In a way this is good, since if the list price is higher then so is the road tax! The discounts are a matter of local conditions and can change fast. What you should get as freebies are floor mats (good quality jute/fabric) and car cover at least.
Old 7th January 2013, 16:10   #1009
BHPian

Just got mine in November, and luckily got a November model as well, as deliver was december.

I got around 15k as discount, including corporate discount and some freebies, like, mats, rear sensor, bluetooth. Hope this helps.
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2013, 19:03   #1010
BHPian

I have purchased a Brio S MT around 20 days ago. I have owned different brands of vehicles such as Mitsubishi, Ford, Toyota, Suzuki, Chevrolet but never a Honda and i was in the market for a hatchback that has good handling coupled with good performance and quirky styling (i am not a fan of the tallboy design). The Brio was the only car that i had in mind and based on the reviews that i had read i knew that this was gonna be by next car. After using it for a few weeks i am thoroughly happy with the car but the one thing that brings a broad smile on my face is the performance and handling (go-kart like) of this small hatchback from Honda. Though i am not really concerned with fuel efficiency figures this car seems to be doing an amazing job on that front as well. The car has run around 140 km till date and i drive the car without the air con switched on (in fact the only time that i have used it was to test if it was working or not in my apartment parking lot). I drive the car only in the city and the amount of driving i do is quite minimal (less than 50kms per week). My first fill was after taking delivery of the vehicle when i got the "low fuel warning indication" and i had filled in Rs 500 worth of petrol (6.9 liters). I was able to drive the car for 111.1 kms with that fuel after which i got the "low fuel warning indication" again and i had to refuel. This translates to an amazing fuel efficiency of 16.10 km/lit with 90% of it being in the city and around 10% being highway Not too bad for a car thats only 20 days old and hasn't even had its first service yet. Oh and by the way i forgot to mention that when i drive the car i make sure that i drive it in such a way that the ECO light is on 95% of the time.
chase_nt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 10:25   #1011
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_nt View Post
My first fill was after taking delivery of the vehicle when i got the "low fuel warning indication" and i had filled in Rs 500 worth of petrol (6.9 liters). I was able to drive the car for 111.1 kms with that fuel after which i got the "low fuel warning indication" again and i had to refuel. This translates to an amazing fuel efficiency of 16.10 km/lit with 90% of it being in the city and around 10% being highway
Congrats chase on you golf cart . Its an amazing car to drive especially in city traffic. Minimum effort maximum results.

Ideally don't gauge, FE till you cross 5k or finish 2nd service. By that time the engine will bedded in and the FE would be close to accurate. If you still want to get FE, go in for the tankful-to-tankful method. Iterate a couple of times to gauge the real efficiency.

Hope to see your ownership report soon.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2013, 14:21   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Congrats chase on you golf cart . Its an amazing car to drive especially in city traffic. Minimum effort maximum results.

Ideally don't gauge, FE till you cross 5k or finish 2nd service. By that time the engine will bedded in and the FE would be close to accurate. If you still want to get FE, go in for the tankful-to-tankful method. Iterate a couple of times to gauge the real efficiency.

Hope to see your ownership report soon.

Thanks Arup. It definitely is a brilliant vehicle to drive on our congested roads. I would love to follow the tankful-to-tankful method however with the amount of driving that i do that is next to impractical as most of the fuel would end up evaporating. The maximum kilometers that a car that i own reaches even after a year would be a miniscule 1500 kms or lesser. In fact my Chevy Beat that i sold prior to purchasing the Brio has just 2800 kms after 2 years of ownership . But thanks for your suggestion though.
Old 18th January 2013, 15:11   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
The maximum kilometers that a car that i own reaches even after a year would be a miniscule 1500 kms or lesser. In fact my Chevy Beat that i sold prior to purchasing the Brio has just 2800 kms after 2 years of ownership
1500 km in year . Hope you didn't miss a zero here. Man, you could do with a once in 3 year visit to HASS. They will be livid with you .

Hate to intrude into your personal space but buddy wouldn't renting out a car for times when you need turn out to be far more cheaper than owning one for such low usage?

And you sold you Beat which hadn't even run in properly? Any specific reason? Don't take offense please, I'm too shocked.
Old 18th January 2013, 18:01   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
1500 km in year . Hope you didn't miss a zero here. Man, you could do with a once in 3 year visit to HASS. They will be livid with you .

Hate to intrude into your personal space but buddy wouldn't renting out a car for times when you need turn out to be far more cheaper than owning one for such low usage?

And you sold you Beat which hadn't even run in properly? Any specific reason? Don't take offense please, I'm too shocked.
Yep you read it right (1500 kms a year or less). In fact anytime that i advertise for the sale of my vehicle i make it a point not to include the number of kilometers in the ad as people often ask me if it was an error . In-spite of the low kms that my vehicles traverse i do stick to the regular service schedule where in the number of months takes prominence instead of the kilometers. At the time of servicing the reps are flabbergasted when they look at the odometer of my vehicle (they make sure that what they are seeing is the odometer and not the trip meter ).

I wouldn't wanna think of renting out a car as i just love to have my own car that i can use whenever i really want to and besides i love to maintain my car like no other in the city and i'm a real nut for cars since my childhood . Another reason is that i need a vehicle of my own and since i don't know how to ride a bike (never learnt it...long story... ) i need a car for sure. There's something about a NEW car that just sets my pulse racing and hence i keep changing vehicles often.

Some of the reasons that i have very low running are because im one of the most reclusive persons that you'll ever come across, i'm a bachelor, i have no family, just one or two friends etc.

The reason i sold the Beat was because i was bored with it and i just couldn't get the Honda Brio outta my mind since the time that it was launched. There were a few minor issues such as the presence of blind spots which were very prominent while driving the Beat as well as the small rear glass through which visibility especially while reversing was pretty bad (i knew about these drawbacks before i purchased the Beat but i really liked the shape and i couldn't say no to myself). I was also looking for something a bit smaller than the Beat in the 1200cc category but with better handling/performance and hence my decision to go with the Brio.
chase_nt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2013, 22:37   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
In fact anytime that i advertise for the sale of my vehicle i make it a point not to include the number of kilometers in the ad.
The next time you post an ad, let me know.

Quote:
i don't know how to ride a bike (never learnt it...long story0
you aren't the only one here

Quote:
I'm a bachelor, i have no family, just one or two friends etc.
You can add me to that list of friends.

Good luck with your Brio. Drive safe
Old 20th January 2013, 00:23   #1016
BHPian

Took a ride on a Brio yesterday and was impressed by the quiet ride. While at the Honda showroom today, I checked it out again. Among the things I noticed was the glove box lid. It was jutting out a the top, beyond the black dash. Moreover the curved right hand side corner was not aligned properly. I thought the lid may have been dislocated. However another Brio on display had same problem.

The centre console design is very basic and crude, if I may say so. I feel the i10 console is much better designed. The centre console and dashboard design is very important to me because it is something you see and interact with on every drive.

The comparatively superlative power to weight ratio and quiet, smooth engine had attracted me to his car, enough to consider it a contender for a second car. However one pertinent point I have picked up from the official review on page 1 is suspension and ride quality. Does not seem to be ideal for persons with backache, like me.

Last edited by Guite : 20th January 2013 at 00:24.
Old 20th January 2013, 17:36   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
The next time you post an ad, let me know.

you aren't the only one here

You can add me to that list of friends.

Good luck with your Brio. Drive safe
I surely will Arup. I am hoping to keep this car for a while...^keeping my fingers crossed^
Old 20th January 2013, 18:53   #1018
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Some of the reasons that i have very low running are because im one of the most reclusive persons that you'll ever come across, i'm a bachelor, i have no family, just one or two friends etc.

The reason i sold the Beat was because i was bored with it...
Being a bachelor should be a better reason to clock more miles. That's exactly what I do.

Could I know what was the sale price for your Beat? I guess people from you city should add you as a buddy & keep their eyes out for a Brio ad...

Between, Congrats on the Brio. Please do make sure you add enough pics. Low miles is never an excuse for NOT posting images!
Old 20th January 2013, 19:02   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Could I know what was the sale price for your Beat? Between, Congrats on the Brio. Please do make sure you add enough pics. Low miles is never an excuse for NOT posting images!
I sold the vehicle for Rs 320,000. I thought i could've got a better price but unfortunately i couldn't. I am not really sure how to post pics here. I've tried to figure it out but i just gave up.
chase_nt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2013, 19:20   #1020
BHPian

I guess i have figured out the way to upload a photo here. A few photos of my Honda Brio. Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-my-honda-brio.jpg

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-side-view-brio.jpg

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-rims.jpg

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-brio-me-rear.jpg
chase_nt is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks