Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2013, 13:23   #1021
BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_nt View Post
I guess i have figured out the way to upload a photo here. A few photos of my Honda Brio.

Nice set of alloys you've got there mate.

In the last pic, spotted the rear right tyre slightly jutting out. Is it the angle of photography or just my lame eyes? Noticed you haven't upgraded on Good Years.

Get a nice pair of upgraded tyres and enjoy your ride.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 14:04   #1022
BHPian

I second that, Damn good set of alloys you've got on your car wheels. Have a blast riding the car :-)
whencut86 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2013, 19:40   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Nice set of alloys you've got there mate.

In the last pic, spotted the rear right tyre slightly jutting out. Is it the angle of photography or just my lame eyes? Noticed you haven't upgraded on Good Years.

Get a nice pair of upgraded tyres and enjoy your ride.
Thanks Arup, i spend a lot of time selecting alloys for my vehicles. I have decided to go for Chrome alloys this time as i figure that im the best person who can maintain such stuff . I didn't want to upgrade the tires as that might affect the warranty of the vehicle. All the tires HAVE protruded out a bit after fitting the alloy wheels but im ok with that as it gives the illusion of wider tires . Oh i also had my JVC in dash and speaker systems which were in my Beat fitted to my Brio today and ill have a set of photos of that in a couple of days.
Old 21st January 2013, 19:44   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
I second that, Damn good set of alloys you've got on your car wheels. Have a blast riding the car :-)
Thanks buddy . It does take quite a while to clean them as well.
Old 22nd January 2013, 10:47   #1025
BHPian

Hi guys. I just bought a Brio EMT 18 days ago. To avoid warranty issues and what not, I got the 2-din music system from the S/V variants fitted in my car from Honda, instead of aftermarket. But like most music lovers, I too have taken a very passionate loathing of the very lack luster system and the speakers. I hate it. I would like to know if I change just the front speaker (160 peak watt) to a higher output (maybe 300 peak watt), will I get a better sound quality?

I don't want noise. I don't want dhinchak music. Just better bass and better sound quality and of course slightly high volumes when driving alone. (Ah! The joys of impulsive night drives on the highway )

But major concern - will only changing only front speakers too affect warranty? I will not go for it if i need to tamper wiring or the brackets etc. Just higher output speakers. Will Honda suck the life out of me even for this?

Last edited by thumpingheart : 22nd January 2013 at 10:50.
Old 23rd January 2013, 19:08   #1026
BHPian

Here are a few pictures of the JVC in dash with integrated bluetooth as well as the sub/amp and rear speakers that i had fitted to my Honda Brio.

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-201301220562.jpg

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-201301220564.jpg

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-201301220567.jpg

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-201301220568.jpg

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-201301220569.jpg
chase_nt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 19:27   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Hi guys. I just bought a Brio EMT 18 days ago. To avoid warranty issues and what not, I got the 2-din music system from the S/V variants fitted in my car from Honda, instead of aftermarket. But like most music lovers, I too have taken a very passionate loathing of the very lack luster system and the speakers. I hate it. I would like to know if I change just the front speaker (160 peak watt) to a higher output (maybe 300 peak watt), will I get a better sound quality?

I don't want noise. I don't want dhinchak music. Just better bass and better sound quality and of course slightly high volumes when driving alone. (Ah! The joys of impulsive night drives on the highway )

But major concern - will only changing only front speakers too affect warranty? I will not go for it if i need to tamper wiring or the brackets etc. Just higher output speakers. Will Honda suck the life out of me even for this?
Since the EMT variant doesn't come with factory fitted music system and speakers i reckon that the warranty shouldn't be affected by you upgrading to better speakers. However, i suggest that you check with your local Honda dealer before you decide to upgrade as they are the best people to consult about warranty issues. The sound quality should improve marginally with better speakers but don't expect too much because you will still have the stock head unit which is just a bit above average.

I had taken a S MT about a month ago and i thought that the music system was an average performer but i couldn't live with it and i really missed my JVC AVX 836 system and hence i decided to hell with the warranty and had it fitted to my brio a few days ago. I am running the stock speakers in the four doors and i have fitted two 400w 4 way Philips speakers on a rear plank. I am also running a 1000w JBL Sub off a JBL GT series amp. The sound quality is great and to my liking now.
chase_nt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 00:26   #1028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
...But major concern - will only changing only front speakers too affect warranty? I will not go for it if i need to tamper wiring or the brackets etc. Just higher output speakers. Will Honda suck the life out of me even for this?
If you get stuffs installed in your A$$, they will NEVER decline warranty. I see you are quite concerned about it. So I suggest you talk to the service guys, find out the stock size speakers, buy those in some nice shops (most A$$ keep crappy stuffs), get those stuffs to your A$$ and they will fix it for you. They will be happy, so will you be!
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 16:23   #1029

Honda Brio : wait period for S(O)MT

From what I got to hear at Magnum Honda, Whitefield Honda, no S(O)MT has been delivered in 2013 so far.
The next batch of deliveries will happen only in April 2013.

Hearsay from the dealers : there is a loyalty cash discount on booking - upto rs 10,000 upon producing a copy of RC of any Honda vehicle currently owned, including Active, Hero Honda 2ws.
Old 29th January 2013, 17:06   #1030
BANNED

The latest issue of Autocar India reports that Honda is going to refresh the Honda Brio in the next/coming month.
Few features that will be added are(mostly to the top variants)
-Height adjustable driver's seat
-Rear defogger

Both these features are much demanded by the customers.

I can vouch for these claims because today I spotted a couple of Brio's with Red TC plates(UP 16 i.e. from Noida) in Delhi. These didn't have a test drive graphic and had different wheel cover designs. It was the S/S(O) variant.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 17:21   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
If you get stuffs installed in your A$$, they will NEVER decline warranty. I see you are quite concerned about it. So I suggest you talk to the service guys, find out the stock size speakers, buy those in some nice shops (most A$$ keep crappy stuffs), get those stuffs to your A$$ and they will fix it for you. They will be happy, so will you be!
Will all dealerships and the company honor warranties if lets say, I get stuff installed at one particular dealership. I have seen instances of some dealerships being very particular about installing stuff and others quite relaxed. What happens if you move to another place or lets say the dealership that installed the accessory in your car shuts down?
Old 29th January 2013, 17:32   #1032

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
-Height adjustable driver's seat
-Rear defogger
Cool. Any signs of:
Rear Split seats
headrests at the rear.
Tuned suspension ? Pretty unsettled ride for now.
Cladding at the rear? road buzz is noisier at the back
Old 29th January 2013, 17:35   #1033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Will all dealerships and the company honor warranties if lets say, I get stuff installed at one particular dealership. I have seen instances of some dealerships being very particular about installing stuff and others quite relaxed. What happens if you move to another place or lets say the dealership that installed the accessory in your car shuts down?
That's a complicated equation. I guess you can keep the bills in tact to counter such a problem.

I mentioned about the warranty stuff from my experience with MA$$. They are ready to cover even the 100W bulb installation and guarantees nothing will go wrong.
Old 29th January 2013, 19:08   #1034
Team-BHP Support

A friend of mine bought a Brio and he is mighty happy with the milage.

City driving
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-city-driving-medium.jpg

City + Highway driving
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-city-highway-miix-medium.jpg

Only Highway
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-pure-highway-drive-medium.jpg

His Brio has done 500 kms and these were collected before first service.

According to him
Quote:
Key was smooth accelaration and keeping vehicle in ECO mode provided by honda.

Last edited by bblost : 29th January 2013 at 19:09.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 19:26   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
A friend of mine bought a Brio and he is mighty happy with the milage.

City driving
Attachment 1044677

City + Highway driving
Attachment 1044678

Only Highway
Attachment 1044679

His Brio has done 500 kms and these were collected before first service.

According to him

Now that is stupendous. I don't know what med you need to feed the car for getting those figs. . My Brio never crossed 15kmpl in the city and 21 on Highways. Nevertheless, you friend has a reason to smile all the way. It's a nano mileage from an Ivtec.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks