Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2013, 19:28   #1036
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Key was smooth accelaration and keeping vehicle in ECO mode provided by honda.
For a moment I thought the key was putting diesel instead of petrol

Thats mind blowing figures for city driving. Any chance thats an experiemental next gen Honda engine that he seems to have gotten by some lucky accident
Old 30th January 2013, 11:27   #1037

Those are holy mother of guy in the sky mileage figures.
Is it with the AC on?
What do the tank to tank figures say. Any variances?
Those electronic readouts look far fetched with my skeptic goggles on

BTW, S(O)MTs are very unlikely to be delivered in FEB 2013. The wait continues.
Old 30th January 2013, 12:41   #1038
BHPian

The mileage figures may not be totally off the mark. My wife gets 17-18kmpl in her city drives with a decent mix of empty and traffic patches. Calculated by fuel tank method it comes to 17.2kmpl.

According to her, she always tries to ensure eco light stays lit more than 90% of her journey"

Guess she hasn't experienced the sweet vtech roar yet.
Old 30th January 2013, 12:43   #1039
Senior - BHPian

The mileage figures like @bblost's friend has managed are believable & achievable in normal driving if the driver is conscious about keeping the car in Eco mode. You can easily be in Eco more & yet keeping pace with highway traffic, & this is the beauty of this tech .

(Note: Have personally experienced good city mileage figures with the Eco mode in acquaintance's City).
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 12:47   #1040
BHPian

But Arup, isnt it reaaaaallllllly difficult to keep it on ? It shows, Eco on at 40kmph at 4th gear or say 3rd/25kmph, by what standards can you drive on the road with those speeds. People following you wil honk the hell out of you

But nevertheless, it's a skill. I try my best to keep it in Eco range but barely found open stretches beat me to it.

Last edited by Shiv_1984 : 30th January 2013 at 12:48.
Old 30th January 2013, 14:44   #1041
BANNED

@bblost; As for the kpl indicator I find it about 10-15% optimistic, the same as the Civic. Still 20+kpl is brilliant.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2013, 17:24   #1042
Senior - BHPian

ACI have put up a scoop report on a new top-end variant of the Brio VX shod with a rear demister & driver seat height adjustment. The rear wiper will again not be there as the car is not designed to accommodate the same.

Link to ACI report:

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/330...onda-brio.aspx
Old 30th January 2013, 17:25   #1043
Distinguished - BHPian

ACI reports..

New top-end trim for Honda Brio.
Honda is expected to introduce a new VX trim for the Brio in April. As a hatch, the Brio makes a strong case for itself as a decent overall package, but has a few glaring omissions in its features list. The new variant will address these issues and include additional equipment like a rear demister and driver seat height adjustment.

Diesel-powered Brio, the launch has been shelved at the moment. Honda will test the waters with the new 1.5-litre diesel motor in the Amaze saloon before introducing it in the Brio.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/330...onda-brio.aspx
Old 30th January 2013, 19:20   #1044
BHPian

Quote:

His Brio has done 500 kms and these were collected before first service.
Hey. I too own a Brio and looking at these figures I was really astonished! But I want to say a couple of things just as a way of understanding those figures, not in an attempt to dampen your or his happiness Even I get 15 kmpl in city and about 21 on highway tankful to tankful. But -

=> If your friend has a habit of resetting the tripmeter immediately after every little bit of running, these figures can be really deceiving. This is because the fuel efficiency calculator calculates according the km's covered on the trip meter.

Eg if he fills up, adjusts trip meter and drives, in low traffic conditions and slow consistant speeds, the car can show upwards of 20 kmpl for quite some time and then slowly comedown as the km's on the tripmeter goes up.

The FE calculator is a funny combination of 'current' FE when the trip meter is reset and slowly becomes an 'average' FE calculator when lot of km's are clocked without resetting tripmeter.

My case - (Just like your friend before 1st service, within 500 km running)

Just after filling up on the highway and resetting the trip meter, my car showed an FE of 35 kmpl for about 10 kms!! I was like The lowest it came down to even in traffic was 26 kmpl!!

In city it showed 9 kmpl after driving in bad traffic after immediately resetting trip meter. And went up to 14 after driving for about 7-8 km.

Or he could have been really lucky and got the best car on earth!! LOL.

Last edited by thumpingheart : 30th January 2013 at 19:32.
Old 30th January 2013, 19:24   #1045
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Hey. I too own a Brio and looking at these figures I was really astonished! But I want to say a couple of things just as a way of understanding those figures, not in an attempt to dampen your or his happiness Even I get 15 kmpl in city and about 21 on highway tankful to tankful. But -

Hey, thanks a lot.
I will pass on this information to him and also have a lot of fun at his expense.
Old 30th January 2013, 19:29   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, thanks a lot.
I will pass on this information to him and also have a lot of fun at his expense.
Hehe. I'm sure he must be raving about it . Hope he doesn't feel too bad. I feel so mean to spoil someones happiness.

Last edited by thumpingheart : 30th January 2013 at 19:31.
Old 4th February 2013, 07:56   #1047
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend's just booked a Brio SMT Electrical Adjust here in Bangalore. What are the best tyres as an upgrade to swap with the stock tyres? And what are the stock tyres that the Brio comes shod with?

Here are a few things to ponder on:

1. Lady driven
2. Will not see fast speeds, or cornering
3. Tyres need to withstand abuse from nails on the roads - no punctures
4. Exceptionally smooth ride quality - no road noise as far as possible.

I think upsizing might cause a few eye brows to open up at Honda, so I would think a direct swap would be it. Which brand, and how much would it set me back by? Will be heading down to Nikhil's anyway.
Old 4th February 2013, 10:31   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
A friend's just booked a Brio SMT Electrical Adjust here in Bangalore. What are the best tyres as an upgrade to swap with the stock tyres? And what are the stock tyres that the Brio comes shod with?

1. Lady driven
4. Exceptionally smooth ride quality - no road noise as far as possible.
IMHO I think you should not upgrade at all. Your reasons for upgrade itself say that you will be better off with the standard tyres.
You can go in for alloys if you want, but I don't see any advantage if you have better tyres for average city usages and no high speed dynamics. As long as the standard tyres are tubeless though.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 12:20   #1049
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post

1. Lady driven
4. Exceptionally smooth ride quality - no road noise as far as possible...
If you manage to get Michelin as stock, nothing like it. In city speeds, most other stock tyres will not have much road noise. SO save cash, the upgrade will NOT help anything other than curbing the road noise & improving ride quality, that if you upgrade to Michelin. But then, the premium you pay for that will be high.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 15:08   #1050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
But Arup, isnt it reaaaaallllllly difficult to keep it on ? People following you wil honk the hell out of you
Shiv, that is exactly the reason why my wife drives her Brio and I my City. Personally I prefer to hear the vtech roar than see the Eco mode all the time.

But yes, she, like me, has maintained an excel log of fuel and religiously follows fuel tank method to calculate FE. Hence when I rechecked her calculation I was aghast. Mind you the car is fast closing on the 5k mark.
arup.misra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks