Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2013, 14:37   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
My Brio manufactured and delivered in Feb'13 has this intake scoop, plus a foam padding on the underside of bonnet hood...
I will check the sensor and report back....
Pics of intake scoop and foam padding on my Brio.
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-20130322-09.29.20-custom.jpg

My Brio (VMT) does not have the sensor on intake near air filter.
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-20130322-09.29.11-custom.jpg

However, another Brio (VAT) manufactured in the same batch has the sensor.
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-20130219-17.56.06-800x600.jpg

I am confused. If it was really a cost cutting measure why will VAT get the sensor and not VMT?

-BJ
Old 22nd March 2013, 16:13   #1112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I would buy a Honda over Hyundai anyday. Even if you want the joystick, you can go for the EX variant.

I believe rather Hyundai is pushing people for high variants, offering the essential safety features only in the top variant.
True. EX gets a little better with colored handles and a music system. Did you know the EX and E are not offered in red and blue.
Old 24th March 2013, 16:29   #1113
BHPian

Got my seat belt warning lamp issue sorted at Whitefield Honda. The reason was during seat cover installation the chap had removed the seat belt wire and forgot to connect it back after the installation. I am really happy with the way Whitefield Honda took it up. Also got the reverse sensor camera replaced under warranty as it was not working sometimes. I wasn't charged a single penny towards it.

One thing i have noticed about the Brio is the cooling effect. The summer have engulfed Bangalore with temperatures getting hotter and hotter, however the AC performance of Brio is not satisfactory and with the ban on sun film i have no clue how to endure this temperature.
Old 24th March 2013, 16:58   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial View Post
Congrats for the new car! I have also experienced noises to stones being displaced by the rear tyres. Very alarming.

What iPod do you have ? My iPod touch works fine after I upgraded to iOS 4.
Sorry Celestial, i dont know. Its the very small one ( my wife purchased this ages back ), mini or nano? not sure. If doesn't have any display.

I tried with my iphone 4, and it works just fine . But the issue i have is that each time i take my phone out, and plug this in when i come back to the car, it plays from the very first song, and i am still trying to figure out how to choose the songs and how to move to a different song or to put in "shuffle" mode. I think i am really weak with such simple gadgets.

I am still puzzled on why it doesn't play off my Samsung Galaxy tab. Will do some more reading of the manual and play around with the buttons and see where i end up.
Old 25th March 2013, 11:22   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkp View Post

One thing i have noticed about the Brio is the cooling effect. The summer have engulfed Bangalore with temperatures getting hotter and hotter, however the AC performance of Brio is not satisfactory and with the ban on sun film i have no clue how to endure this temperature.
Good to know that your issue was a minor one and was handled professionally. For the cooling part , i do agree with you and even mentioned the same in my ownership report. To overcome this get a CR70 (3M) installed on the windscreen. Costs around 7k and it reduces the cabin heat by around 30-40%. Most of the heat creeps in through windscreen and this SF works really good.

Thanks!
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 19:02   #1116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Good to know that your issue was a minor one and was handled professionally. For the cooling part , i do agree with you and even mentioned the same in my ownership report. To overcome this get a CR70 (3M) installed on the windscreen. Costs around 7k and it reduces the cabin heat by around 30-40%. Most of the heat creeps in through windscreen and this SF works really good.

Thanks!
Thanks for the heads up. Iam off to 3M HSR layout tomorrow to get the CR70 treatment for complete windshield, side glass and rear glass. The quote i have got is 15k including VAT. Hope this will be a relief to some extent.

Any members who has got this done kindly provide your feedback on its performance.
Old 27th March 2013, 19:14   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. Iam off to 3M HSR layout tomorrow to get the CR70 treatment for complete windshield, side glass and rear glass. The quote i have got is 15k including VAT. Hope this will be a relief to some extent.

Any members who has got this done kindly provide your feedback on its performance.
Is it 15 k for CR70 for the entire car? Usually they use CR70 for the windscreen and then regular film like RE50 for the rest.

For the windscreen CR70 is very very good. Probably the best available. It works well and you barely notice any reduction in visible light. Its also hard for someone from outside to tell that you have sunfilm on the windscreen.

Last edited by chncar : 27th March 2013 at 19:15.
Old 27th March 2013, 19:17   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Is it 15 k for CR70 for the entire car? Usually they use CR70 for the windscreen and then regular film like RE50 for the rest.
Yes it is 15k for the entire car. RE50 is of more darker shade and a ticking time bomb for the cops to catch you, whereas CR70 is practically transparent and very difficult to spot.
Old 27th March 2013, 19:19   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it is 15k for the entire car. RE50 is of more darker shade and a ticking time bomb for the cops to catch you, whereas CR70 is practically transparent and very difficult to spot.
If so, that is a good price, I think.
Old 27th March 2013, 19:19   #1120
BHPian

Quote:

Hey, I've the cr70 sunfilm installed on my car (innova) in terms of cooling it does an amazing job. It's well worth the investment plus you get a 5 year peel proof and bubble proof warranty. This means that they will replace the sunfilm if there are bubbles or it starts to peel off.
D'Artagnan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 22:13   #1121

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

@jkrishnakj @TheCelestial
Noise at the rear is 'cos no rear cladding being present.

@jkrishnakj
s(O) MT? from which month of mfg, which dealer.
I was told no S (O)MTs were planned on the assembly line in 2013

Anyone here did a headlamp beam adjustment on their Brio after changing to Philips XV / Osram NB+ ??

Last edited by kaveman : 15th April 2013 at 22:39. Reason: Headlamp beam adjust question
Old 16th April 2013, 09:11   #1122
BANNED

@kaveman; I changed to NB+ but no realignment was needed. The NB+ is a drop in replacement, with the same filament positioning. What can easily happen is that the bulb is not seated properly in the holder, which creates the need.
Old 20th April 2013, 18:28   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Saw an accident involving a Brio, yesterday evening, near Mohan Cooperative Area, Delhi. A Getz had rear ended the Brio & part of the rear bumper was damaged for the Brio, & not much visible damages for the Getz. But, unfortunately, the Brio rear hatch glass was shattered & all over the accident spot... Felt really bad for the Brio owner as he would now be required to pay for the glass hatch, & had it been a proper hatch, his loss would have been lower & fully covered under warranty.
Old 20th April 2013, 19:30   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Saw an accident involving a Brio, yesterday evening, near Mohan Cooperative Area, Delhi. A Getz had rear ended the Brio & part of the rear bumper was damaged for the Brio, & not much visible damages for the Getz. But, unfortunately, the Brio rear hatch glass was shattered & all over the accident spot... Felt really bad for the Brio owner as he would now be required to pay for the glass hatch, & had it been a proper hatch, his loss would have been lower & fully covered under warranty.
Why would he have to pay for the glass hatch if he is claiming insurance? AFAIK there is no depreciation on glass components irrespective of the age of the vehicle.
Old 21st April 2013, 09:23   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Where can I get this proper hatch? I would like to buy one since even accidents are covered under warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks