Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2013, 14:56   #1126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCelestial

Where can I get this proper hatch? I would like to buy one since even accidents are covered under warranty.
I think cardeep meant covered (fully) under insurance. No car maker covers accident damage under warranty.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2013, 19:26   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I think cardeep meant covered (fully) under insurance. No car maker covers accident damage under warranty.
Thanks @noopster, this is what I meant. I was wondering how much he would be required to pay & it the glass hatch is not covered under insurance, he would be paying much more than just for denting & painting of a metal hatch. & does this involve the replacement of all the locks or just the rear glass hatch lock, since the former would imply the repair cost is on higher side.
Old 26th April 2013, 19:28   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
A quick question! Does the Brio have cabin air filter (AC filter)? Or have they left the provision to take a cabin filter? Can owners check please.
I don't know if this has been answered, couldn't find anything in the search. Were you able to find out how to fit an AC filter in Brio ? I'm looking for the same in the Amaze.
Old 26th April 2013, 20:24   #1129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmatic View Post
I don't know if this has been answered, couldn't find anything in the search. Were you able to find out how to fit an AC filter in Brio ? I'm looking for the same in the Amaze.
As per the sales team of the local Honda showroom they're not aware of it, i asked them when i was considering buying this car. Couldn't find any reference of cabin filter for the Brio anywhere on the WWW too.
Old 26th April 2013, 21:01   #1130
Senior - BHPian

So I got to drive our Brio on long runs this week. The highways were a study in contrasts. Beautiful tarmac on the Yamuna expressway vs the excuse of a road that is the highway between Jhansi and Datia (even our family friend in an Endeavour were dreading that stretch)

Drive 1: Jhansi - Datia - Dabra - Gwalior - Morena - Agra - Mathura
Total KMs done: 295
Average as per console: 15.6 kmpl (Normal petrol)
Tripmeter was reset before start. Tyres inflated to 30 psi all around.
100% A/C on 2nd and 3rd setting most of the time (very hot day outside)
No. of people in the car: 3 + some luggage
  • Impressed with mileage given the road conditions (appalling for some 60km and also lots on in-city driving in super-congested Agra).
  • Touched a very innocunous looking speed breaker at 10kmph! I am pretty sure every other car in the world would have crossed that without breaking any sweat. Was disappointed and got really scared everytime I saw bad roads (which was the case till Dabra or about 60Km of the drive)
  • Downshifts to 3rd needed for overtaking. I was driving a manual after long time and it took some time to get the hang of it.
  • Jhansi - Datia is meant for offroaders only. More than once we had to turn back and find another route and there are huge craters here and there, some upto 2 feet deep!!!

Yes this is a highway in India (somewhere between Jhansi and Gwalior). I should have taken better pics of the craters, but I was really scared to drive on that road in the Brio
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-20130421-13.18.18.jpg

A well deserved rest along the way.
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-20130421-15.42.32.jpg

Drive 2: Mathura - Delhi
Total KM done: 150km; 100km on the Yamuna expressway, 20km on Gr Noida expressway, rest on congested city roads
Average as per console: 14.7 kmpl
Tripmeter reset before journey. Tyre pressure 30 psi
No. of people in the car: 1 (myself)
Average speed on the expressway: 110-120 kmph
100% A/C in 2nd setting

Drive 3: Delhi - Mathura
Total KM done: 150km, 100 on Yamuna expressway, 20km on Gr Noida expressway, rest city roads
Average as per console: 15.7 kmpl
Tripmeter reset before journey. Tyre pressure calibrated to 33 psi this time.
No of people in the car: 3 (including a kid) + luggage
100% A/C in 1st and 2nd setting

• Drove mostly at around 110-120kmph.
  • Car feels "fast" at 120. It feels nice at 100 though. 140 is scary fast in Brio. In comparison, 120-130 in my Vento feels like "walk in the park". I guess Brio should sensibly be driven upto 100 kmph only.
  • Disappointed with the mileage. I was expecting much more as I was in eco mode for more than 80% of the drive on both 2nd and 3rd drives.
  • A/C takes its time to cool.
  • Stock headlamps are good/were adequate. Better than stock lamps from i10 or Vento.
  • Above average tyre noise (stock MRF ZLOs)
  • This long straight drive on YE gets boring after some time. Its easy to lose concentration
  • The expressway itself is amazing. Proper entry and exitways. There were ample roadside assistance vehicles (saw at least 5-6 in the 100km drive, compare that to ZERO between Jhansi and Mathura). Mostly well behaved traffic, people overtaking from right lane only (except for one HR TFort that was being driven like a snake!).
  • An added incentive on YE is opportunity to make some very nice photos for the inclined. Sunset scenes look pretty amazing at some points. Theres lots of polluting brick kilns all along and the shades of setting sun, black smoke belching kilns, fields etc make for an amazing scenery.

For comparison, this is YE in all its glory (shot from a smartphone camera though)
Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-20130423-17.43.21.jpg
joslicx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2013, 03:06   #1131
Senior - BHPian

I think the top speed of the brio is restricted to 140 kmph, which i think is more than fast enough on a brio. I have seldom seen the need to use such high speeds.
Old 27th April 2013, 08:35   #1132
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
[*]Above average tyre noise (stock MRF ZLOs)
Did you the ZLO as stock? They are pretty good tyres(up there with the Michelins). But most Brios get MRF ZVTV, they tend to be noisy. Are you sure they are not ZVTV?
Old 27th April 2013, 10:06   #1133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Did you the ZLO as stock? They are pretty good tyres(up there with the Michelins). But most Brios get MRF ZVTV, they tend to be noisy. Are you sure they are not ZVTV?
Oops maybe it is ZVTVs. Its the stock MRFs whatever comes with Brio VMT.
Old 27th April 2013, 13:47   #1134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
So I got to drive our Brio on long runs this week. The highways were a study in contrasts. Beautiful tarmac on the Yamuna expressway vs the excuse of a road that is the highway between Jhansi and Datia (even our family friend in an Endeavour were dreading that stretch)

Drive 1: Jhansi - Datia - Dabra - Gwalior - Morena - Agra - Mathura
Total KMs done: 295
Average as per console: 15.6 kmpl (Normal petrol)

Drive 2: Mathura - Delhi
Total KM done: 150km; 100km on the Yamuna expressway, 20km on Gr Noida expressway, rest on congested city roads
Average as per console: 14.7 kmpl

Drive 3: Delhi - Mathura
Total KM done: 150km, 100 on Yamuna expressway, 20km on Gr Noida expressway, rest city roads
Average as per console: 15.7 kmpl
  • Drove mostly at around 110-120kmph.
  • Car feels "fast" at 120. It feels nice at 100 though. 140 is scary fast in Brio. In comparison, 120-130 in my Vento feels like "walk in the park". I guess Brio should sensibly be driven upto 100 kmph only.
  • Disappointed with the mileage. I was expecting much more as I was in eco mode for more than 80% of the drive on both 2nd and 3rd drives.
  • A/C takes its time to cool.
  • Stock headlamps are good/were adequate. Better than stock lamps from i10 or Vento.
  • Above average tyre noise (stock MRF ZLOs)
  • This long straight drive on YE gets boring after some time. Its easy to lose concentration
  • The expressway itself is amazing. Proper entry and exitways. There were ample roadside assistance vehicles (saw at least 5-6 in the 100km drive, compare that to ZERO between Jhansi and Mathura). Mostly well behaved traffic, people overtaking from right lane only (except for one HR TFort that was being driven like a snake!).
  • An added incentive on YE is opportunity to make some very nice photos for the inclined. Sunset scenes look pretty amazing at some points. Theres lots of polluting brick kilns all along and the shades of setting sun, black smoke belching kilns, fields etc make for an amazing scenery.

For comparison, this is YE in all its glory (shot from a smartphone camera though)
Attachment 1077755
I guess higher speeds brought down you average, otherwise I reckon these should have been around 17-18 if you would have restricted yourself to 90.

The Jhansi -Datia stretch is sacry, but, I am habitual to such roads, courtesy the Delhi Government, which manages to get votes on marginalised (unauthorised) border settlements on promises of better facilities in next 5 years. My Santro Xing has managed well on a daily drive of 10 kms or so on such roads & if one is careful enough, the car won't scrap belly.

BTW, how was the fatigue when you drove all those distances in span of few days.
Old 28th April 2013, 15:53   #1135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmatic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
As per the sales team of the local Honda showroom they're not aware of it, i asked them when i was considering buying this car. Couldn't find any reference of cabin filter for the Brio anywhere on the WWW too.
msmatic, i think there is a provision for installing cabin air filter in the Brio if it doesn't come with one from the factory. I saw that the Thai honda website has listed the cabin air filter in their accessories section. This should be applicable for the Indian version of Brio & Amaze too.

http://www.hondaaccess.co.th/en/lineup-brio-safety.html
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2013, 00:15   #1136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I guess higher speeds brought down you average, otherwise I reckon these should have been around 17-18 if you would have restricted yourself to 90.
Yes I think cruising at around 90 could have helped with better average. Still I was disappointed I couldnt beat the average of first drive that was on worse roads with gear changes and around one third of it in second/third gear only.

Quote:
BTW, how was the fatigue when you drove all those distances in span of few days.
These three drives were on consecutive days. Actually we (parents) relocated from Jhansi to Mathura so lot more was involved - lots of packing/unpacking etc. Drive fatigue wasnt even much of a factor really considering the efforts on those other things Brio is anyway a very nice car.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2013, 07:37   #1137
BHPian

Came across a discussion in a FB forum on shattered rear glass : https://www.facebook.com/groups/hvku...1477889709565/

Very scary.
Old 1st May 2013, 08:24   #1138
BHPian

Looks very scary indeed. Don't know what went wrong. There are two similar incidents have been reported. Anyways let us wait and see what is Honda's reaction to this.
Old 1st May 2013, 09:52   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Came across a discussion in a FB forum on shattered rear glass : https://www.facebook.com/groups/hvku...1477889709565/
Very scary.
Oh! I used to believe the lower part of glass is just false and there should be some metal inside the hatch door but by looking at the picture in the FB post, its indeed a fully glass made hatch door.
Old 2nd May 2013, 20:12   #1140

Honda Brio : A/C Filter - In cabin Dust & Pollen filter

@msmatic, @Sankar
The Brio comes with a dust & pollen filter [if this is what you are referring to] & is accessed from the glove box.
The manual has instructions to clean / replace this filter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks