Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2013, 10:55   #1231
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Lately, in my Brio (done about 4800 kms) I am hearing a noise from rear seat/boot sounding like "some loose tools hitting each other in a sack" when going over undulating surface. It is not coming from suspension. It is from inside the cabin. I am unable to pinpoint the source- eliminated usual supects like toolkit, spare wheel, jack and warning triangle. I experienced similar noise in my WagonR too which has continued till date (done about 73k). I am unable to find the source in her too.

Anyone experienced this?

Tia,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
... audio system I realised that in the Sound Fad option the sound volume level in F9 is much more than R9...
You meant between FR (front) and RR (rear)? That is normal. If you turn in opposite direction, RR will get more sound than FR- useful when driver does not want to be distracted by loud audio.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 27th November 2013 at 11:02. Reason: Combine reply
Old 27th November 2013, 12:37   #1232
BANNED

no no i meant when I turn the knob full towards the front/forward 2 speakers ie F9 position the sound output/level is much more than when I turn the knob full towards the rear/back 2 speakers at R9 position.

Is this normal....?

Last edited by rana_kirti : 27th November 2013 at 12:38.
Old 27th November 2013, 14:31   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Lately, in my Brio (done about 4800 kms) I am hearing a noise from rear seat/boot sounding like "some loose tools hitting each other in a sack" when going over undulating surface.
I had faced the same problem a while back. But it was due to loosely wound tool kit. By the way did you remove the toolkit and observed?
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 17:07   #1234
BHPian

Does anyone know the current waiting period for the Brio in Bangalore? When I inquired the dealer told my that it would be a 3 month wait.
Old 27th November 2013, 17:27   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Does anyone know the current waiting period for the Brio in Bangalore? When I inquired the dealer told my that it would be a 3 month wait.
What the dealer said may be correct. But that may not be due to the demand for Brio. Honda may want to prioritize the production of Amaze and New City. That could be the reason.
Old 27th November 2013, 18:09   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
What the dealer said may be correct. But that may not be due to the demand for Brio. Honda may want to prioritize the production of Amaze and New City. That could be the reason.
That's what I thought too...Amaze and the new City may have a higher priority on their production lines.
Old 28th November 2013, 14:16   #1237
BANNED

Quote:
no no i meant when I turn the knob full towards the front/forward 2 speakers ie F9 position the sound output/level is much more than when I turn the knob full towards the rear/back 2 speakers at R9 position.

Is this normal....?
fellow brio owners, any input on above ? I have to drive away from my purchase city to another city in 2 days. If the rear speakers are defective then I can get them replaced/repaired depending on findings of fellow brio owners.

a bit urgernt, thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 22:25   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
fellow brio owners, any input on above ? I have to drive away from my purchase city to another city in 2 days. If the rear speakers are defective then I can get them replaced/repaired depending on findings of fellow brio owners.

a bit urgernt, thanks
It's probably while you are in the front seat that you feel the difference, did you get into the back seat and try the rear fade at full? If you still feel the difference, then you might have a problem, however, if the sound quality does not drop (coarse sounding)in comparison to the fronts, you might not get a replacement.
srs_shetty87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 22:34   #1239
BANNED

thanks I went to the dealer. There a service engineer helped me try the stereo in 3 different brios and it was the same sound as my car in all of them.

So now my doubts are clear. I guess the stereo is designed by default to be a bit louder in the front than in the back. Its sounds perfectly alright. ... i'm enjoying my car :-)
Old 15th December 2013, 18:18   #1240
BHPian

Hello guys. I own a Brio EMT. Was thinking for quite some time to do some aesthetic modifications on my car. I was just trying out stuff on MS Paint and ended up with this. This, which is a supremely badly rendered projection of what I might do.

The roof area will be wraped in glossy vinyl and the wheel caps will be painted glossy black with a chrome lip and a Honda "H" at the centre. This will basically be a budget job. Don't mind the image quality, but what do you guys think about this?

Also any suggestions as to where I can get a decent paint job on my wheel caps?

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-side-profile.jpg
Old 15th December 2013, 20:25   #1241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpingheart View Post
Hello guys. I own a Brio EMT. Was thinking for quite some time to do some aesthetic modifications on my car. I was just trying out stuff on MS Paint and ended up with this. This, which is a supremely badly rendered projection of what I might do.
Looks good man. As you have a white Brio, the black vinyl taped roof will suite well. I am not sure about the paint job on wheels caps. If you paint them in black, it may not last. Gradually the black paint will go off. Anyways will wait for the images of modified Brio.
Old 20th December 2013, 11:38   #1242
BHPian

guys

i am getting 30k discount on brio. if i make the purchase in December. is it a good deal? should i buy in December?
Old 20th December 2013, 13:20   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulv View Post
guys

i am getting 30k discount on brio. if i make the purchase in December. is it a good deal? should i buy in December?
Is this 30k discount a complete cash discount? Any accessories apart from cash given?

The deal seems good. In chennai , its around 15k cash discount plus accessories.
Old 20th December 2013, 15:45   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinibm View Post
Is this 30k discount a complete cash discount? Any accessories apart from cash given?

The deal seems good. In chennai , its around 15k cash discount plus accessories.

thanks. i will go ahead.
Old 23rd December 2013, 18:13   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulv View Post
guys

What is the waiting period over there? And which variant are you looking at?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks