Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2016, 11:26   #1531
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala59 View Post
In my Brio S MT, there seems to be a problem with the gearbox.

The gearshift quality in the first 6-8000 kms was just like you described, and it is a known issue in most Brios that I have driven. That said, my Brio, which is currently at 19,000 kms, has largely improved gearshift quality- though shifting into second gear is still not at smooth as in my Swift, especially on cold starts. As the car warms up after the first 5-10 kms, the shift quality gets better. My observation is that as the car clocks more miles, the shift quality improves to a great extent. I had initially made the same complaints to the HASS, but they were able to do precious little, which leads me to believe that this is a self correcting issue.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 11:33   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Never do half shift, perhaps the problem you are facing is due to your own doing.
Guys what I meant by fully pressing the clutch is that I really have to stomp on the clutch with force so that it digs into the floor. Even then the first and second gear sometimes resists change and are 'hard'. I never shift gears with half clutch. Further this issue has been with my Brio since day one.

As gpa suggests, I might have to ask them to check the gear synchronizers after all.
Old 22nd February 2016, 13:03   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenlybull View Post
Guys what I meant by fully pressing the clutch is that I really have to stomp on the clutch with force so that it digs into the floor. Even then the first and second gear sometimes resists change and are 'hard'. I never shift gears with half clutch. Further this issue has been with my Brio since day one.

As gpa suggests, I might have to ask them to check the gear synchronizers after all.
Just a thought - whether you press the clutch fast or slow, the gear shifting should be same.
To me it seems like there is too much play in your clutch. Get it checked.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 14:31   #1534
BANNED

I have been on ATs for over five years, so this is more from experience. I found that spending a moment in neutral rather than pushing the stick straight through, improves the shifting no end. So it is and has been a habit for me when dealing with MTs. My son and daughter-in-law do have MT cars (City & Amaze).
Old 23rd February 2016, 03:32   #1535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenlybull View Post
My Brio has done 8000km and I still have this issue. The service guys say its common to all Brio's/Amaze - not sure about that though, because I have read in some ownership reviews that the gearshift action is slick after 5K kms or

I agree with you on that . I also had a Brio s(o) mt which I sold at 12k kms. Gear shift has never been comforting somehow.

I notified this to the experts at Service but to no respite. At higher speeds it was fine and easy to slot in but 1-2-3 had always been discomforting. May be a generic trait of all Brios.. One way to reduce it is avoid a cold engine start and let the needle get stable at 1000 rpm before making s move.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 15:51   #1536
BHPian

Dear Friends,

Kindly suggest me a horn and headlight upgrade for my Brio S MT.
Old 28th February 2016, 06:54   #1537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyman_46 View Post
Dear Friends,

Kindly suggest me a horn and headlight upgrade for my Brio S MT.
Horn - Roots vibrosonic, Hella Redgrill. I have Hella Chrome twin tone installed and its good. Whatever horn you upgrade, do it with proper relay and wiring kit. Of course, you cant fit any other horn with OE connector.

Headlight.- buy a philips or roots h4 wiring kit with relay and ceramic holder and Install Philips/Osram 100/90w H4.
Old 15th April 2016, 07:59   #1538
BHPian

My Brio EX-MT is completing 2 years in June 2016. Before I take up extended warranty for 2 more years, I just wanted to know from current/previous Brio owners:

1. Have you too opted for extended warranty?

2. What are the usual parts that start failing (that you have experienced) after 2-3 years of ownership?
3. Considering Honda a very very reliable car maker, is it advisable to go for complete bumper-to-bumper insurance in lieu of extended warranty?

Thanks!
Old 15th April 2016, 11:59   #1539
Senior - BHPian

Brio Price list for Pune :

Honda Brio : Test Drive & Review-pricelistbrio.jpg

I was looking at getting an Automatic hatch with safety features (ABS and Airbags) for my Dad , Brio AT seems kinda steeply priced for what it offers.
Old 15th April 2016, 12:15   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post

Attachment 1497281

I was looking at getting an Automatic hatch with safety features (ABS and Airbags) for my Dad , Brio AT seems kinda steeply priced for what it offers.
8.9 Lacs is too high for a car like Brio. Have you checked the new Figo? For the same price you get

# Dual clutch AT
# Bigger car
# Bigger, powerful engine
# Newer, fresh model
# Better styling (though subjective)

Also try the Baleno Zeta AT, should be about 50K more but worth it IMO.

Happy shopping!!!

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 15th April 2016 at 12:17.
Old 15th April 2016, 12:24   #1541
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1497281

Yes, these prices are pretty steep indeed, for what the Brio has to offer. If I had that kind of money, then I would some how try to get the Baleno AT, if that is going to be too much of a stretch, I would go for the Figo eyes closed.

Far better car for the money in terms of performance, DCT technology, interior quality and safety
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 12:56   #1542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
8.9 Lacs is too high for a car like Brio. Have you checked the new Figo?
Not checked the Figo yet, but my parents arent too keen on a Ford. They want Jap only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Also try the Baleno Zeta AT, should be about 50K more but worth it IMO.

Happy shopping!!!
I would love to, even the Delta CVT(I hope I got the variants right) is fine, but there is no hope of getting it in a reasonable time-frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
If I had that kind of money, then I would some how try to get the Baleno AT, if that is going to be too much of a stretch, I would go for the Figo eyes closed.
Considering my starting budget, only AMTs seem to be within reach. Would check out the WagonR VXi(o) or the equivalent Celerio.
Old 15th April 2016, 14:59   #1543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not checked the Figo yet, but my parents arent too keen on a Ford. They want Jap only!

Considering my starting budget, only AMTs seem to be within reach. Would check out the WagonR VXi(o) or the equivalent Celerio.
I would suggest trying the Ford, without being prejudiced based on manufacture origin.

And now that we are looking at the Celerio AMT - that calls the brilliant Tata Tiago into the ring

Brio is also due for a face-lift with all new interiors like what the Amaze has got now.
Old 15th April 2016, 14:59   #1544
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1497281

Get the Brio VX AT without the Black interior. 774xxx is the price for individual, you will get discounts of about 20-30 k. I bought mine 2 months ago. Got a discount of 30 k plus bargained hard on discounts for accessories. Its got the award for best manufactured small car. I would recommend the car, yes price is a bit steep but the car is compact and proven product, its a terribly underrated car, people who own it know the quality of it, those who dont will just see the price and run away. If it is still out of your budget go for the Jazz V CVT. Its slightly more but you will get a larger small car.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Just looked at the price again, get rid of Honda Connect, RSA, and Honda Assure. Get the insurance done outside on your own. Car should cost you around 730xxx or even cheaper.

Last edited by M00M : 15th April 2016 at 15:02.
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:47   #1545
BHPian

Few days back I took the delivery of Brio VX MT and I noticed that the Insulation on engine hood is missing and the cooling duct is also missing. I check with the dealer and they have no clue about it. Just wanted to check with other Brio users if it has been removed lately as the red brio in the beginning of the thread has it.

Most Viewed